Invoke

The Chosen Seven

 

Sungyeol has never been so scared in his life before. The sight before him makes what he just experienced – the hiding and the tremor seem so normal. Seeing a human being inside a cylindrical glass tank is weird enough but it brings weirdness and creepiness to a whole new level when all the human beings inside the tanks are identical in looks and size, as if they are all clones to one another.

The cylindrical tanks are huge with each of a height approximately three meters high and its circumference is wide enough to allow the clone to suspend freely in a greenish liquid inside. A breathing mask is attached to each clone’s mouth area and Sungyeol is able to hear the faint sounds of carbon dioxide leaving the masks. The clones are alive.

Entranced by the degree of science that lies out before him, Sungyeol fails to notice the entrance of another existence. The figure shakes Sungyeol out from his trance with a slow but loud clap. He approaches the tall male, with a clap pairing with each step.

“Lee Sungyeol. It is wonderful to see you well and alive. Although the plan isn’t to allow you to leave the dome and enter this room but that is the past and the harm has been done.” He says as he stops just a few meters away from Sungyeol, hands tucked in his pockets.

“What do you mean by the plan? What dome and what is with this room? Why are there so many… Myungsoos?” Sungyeol asks why still in a defensive stance, putting his guard up.

“Now, just take a deep breath and relax. We have approximately thirty minutes of conversation time before nuisance comes alone and as for your questions, I know that you have a lot that you want to know but there is a proposition I would like to make and if you agree, I’ll promise to tell you everything that you wanted to know.”

“As you can see, Sungyeol – you aren’t an ordinary boy. You can see into the future and it is a power that can change history. Imagine able to see the outcome of a certain plan and is able to change it accordingly to allow a smooth and perfect operation or even see how a person will die and possible save his life.”

“It doesn’t matter if I change the future or not, they will happen sooner or later. We cannot change the future or cheat death!” Sungyeol corrects.

“That is incorrect. The only reason of the reoccurrence is because you have yet to fully control your powers. You can change them and they will not happen again! Now as for the proposition, I would like you to come with me and continue to be part of Red Dawn. I can help you and teach you to control those cognitive powers of yours.” The man exclaims with his hands now on Sungyeol’s shoulder, the scene how a father would talk to a son.

“B-but what about Myungsoo? He’s bleeding and I think he might die! Please, he’s my only friend!” Sungyeol begs.

“Oh, you mean this clone over here? There isn’t much of a worry. You can just dump him and I can easily replace him with a new one. Now come with me-“ The man hushes as he tries to push Myungsoo away and pull Sungyeol towards him but the latter male removes the man’s grip from himself and backs away, giving the man a glare for his actions.

“I don’t care of other Myungsoos. This Myungsoo has the memories of out days together!” Sungyeol exclaims as he shields Myungsoo.

“Oh well, I did try in getting you to come to our side but since you refused, I have no choice but to do this.” The man exclaims as he pulls out a pistol from one of his inner blazer pockets. With inhumane strength, he forcefully removes Sungyeol from Myungsoo and hurls the older male behind him. With support gone, Myungsoo falls onto the ground, groaning in pain from the impact. The man loads the pistol and aims at the younger male’s head.

The sound of the trigger being pulled and the empty magazine bouncing off the floor echoes loudly throughout the room. Sungyeol’s world stops when he hears the gunshot and blood spilling all over the place. When the man moves away from Sungyeol’s line of sight, Sungyeol could feel his tears gathering by the brim of his eyes, threaten to fall anytime. It falls when his eyes connects the Myungsoo’s lifeless ones. The puddle of blood beneath the younger becomes bigger and bigger as time ticks on.

It is too much for Sungyeol to take.

Seeing his only friend in the world die before his eyes and with himself being powerless, the feeling of self-blame begins to grow within Sungyeol. He enjoys the younger’s companionship and will only smile with genuine feelings when he is with the other. In fact, he could feel a tingling sensation at his tummy area whenever he sees Myungsoo giving him his award winning smile. But now, that feeling is no longer there but only pure depression and pain.

His sanity begins to crumble as he stares at his own hands with disbelief. The man glances at his own watch, noticing how his time here has ran out and needs to leave almost immediately but he has one last thing to do – to break Sungyeol. He approaches the shocked male and hovers his lips over the male’s ears and whispers that few words.

“It’s your fault.”

With just that few words, the support holding Sungyeol’s sanity intact breaks apart. The said male screams out with so much pure sadness, with mixture of anger at his own self that he releases an invisible force that shakes the entire building. Everyone within the building feels the impact of the force and some of them fall to the ground after getting hit by such pure emotions.

That is not the end however.

Despite having the power to see the future, that isn’t the only ability Sungyeol has and the man in front of him knows it. He knows what Sungyeol’s powers are and intends to use his power to counter the force that is currently raiding Red Dawn. He isn’t simply going let the game be a one sided raid after all every game needs to have some monsters, right?

As the man exits the room, sounds of glass being shattered can be heard and the greenish liquid being flow to a nearby drain. The clones groans in pain and allow themselves to adjust to the change of environment before carrying out the mission that has been input but a slim individual. It is a complicated mission or what-so-ever.

Just to kill off everyone in Red Dawn.

To be continued in Chapter 21: Countermeasures


A/N

And this is chapter 20!

Originally wanted to conclude Sungyeol's chapter in his, but I realize that i can go on with just a little bit more, adding to it. 

However, I'm very sure, the next will be the last Chapter on Sungyeol's plot.

Thank you all for reading The Chosen Seven once again! Comments are loved and everyone are loved!