Unexpected

The Chosen Seven

Sungjong heads straight to his classroom upon exiting Yongguk’s car. Yongguk’s words make him ponder over the predicament of his previous ten schools. For sure enough the signs are strange and it doesn’t look natural at all. The way his schools are destroyed are all almost the same but caused by the same type of destruction. However, Sungjong couldn’t confirm it as it isn’t possible for someone to have superpowers and who wants to kill him even if those are aiming for him? Certainly enough, the person is doing a terrible job because he has survived the last ten incidents and even if the next one comes, he’s sure to survive it again.

He takes his seat by the window seat, positioned somewhere in the middle rows. He glances around and notices two empty seats and it seemingly causes a huge discussion amongst the student but Sungjong couldn’t care less. He indeed has changed schools for so many times that it scares him to make friends. What’s the point if you’re going to leave them after knowing them for that short period of time? Not that Sungjong dislike it though in fact he likes having friends but the feelings of departure doesn’t synchronize with Sungjong.

The audible sounds of heavy stomping causes the whole class to turn their attention to the door. Some students frown at the intimidating sound as it gets louder and louder. Without a doubt, the size of the person who walked in reflects the sound of his mere walking. As if the mere rumors coming to life themselves, everyone in the class knows the identity of the stranger who walked in.

Probably weighing about three hundred pounds, the male wears a countless of X’es L formal dress shirt with an incredibly large black pants. The weather is cooling and though even the news have indicated the temperature to be around eighteen degrees, there are visible traces of sweat already formed and soaked by the male’s shirt, seemingly like one who have just showered. The features of the teacher’s look is extremely atrocious and one that you will remember it just by seeing it once. Sungjong winces slightly upon letting his gaze land on the teacher’s face.

Without a doubt, it’s their new teacher – Mr. Gula.

Having a little knowledge in Latin, Sungjong finds it humorous how the new teacher’s name matches his own body size. Mr. Gula walks towards the podium by the front of the class and places a folder down, opening it and scans briefly the things he’s supposed to announce. Moments later, he introduces himself and indicates himself as a temporary teacher of the school and is also working as an investigator for the police. His arrival here is due to an incident that happened in New York City with known suspects to be students of this school.

Having announced his authority status to the students, he makes no hesitation to announce a mandatory body checkup for the clues that the police possess. The signs of the suspects are with visible shaped birthmarks that resembles looks of humans. Apparently the checkup is only for males, causing the females within the class to sigh out with relief.

But on Sungjong’s case, he isn’t coping very well with the sudden checkup because he possesses a birthmark with identical description to what Mr. Gula has indicated. However, he knows that he isn’t part of the New York City’s incident but he doesn’t have any alibi during the incident. Yongguk only recently return and could not act at his guard for this occasion, plus it’s an afternoon event which means Sungjong spending his time at home. But would anyone believe him if he says that he isn’t part of it?

The feeling of anxiousness causes him to panic slightly but thankfully gone unnoticed. He might be able to escape if he asks Yongguk to check his body for him and write up a doctor’s report to hand in to the teacher himself but it is only a possibility. What makes thing worst is the intimidating and ugly looking teacher, who will be doing the check himself.

Luck turns for its worst then Mr.Gula then stated that the checkup will be an impromptu thus being held later that day. A strange feeling constantly fills up Sungjong that he finds it hard to understand – the feeling to flee. It makes him uneasy and makes Sungjong fidget in his seat.

A strike of lightning causes Sungjong to turn his attention outside the window. It is there a familiar sensation occurs to him as something stirs in the sky. Dark clouds begin to form in the sky with thunder and lightning clashing around within the clouds. It is then Sungjong sees a premonition that is about to come.

He sees the dragon opening its eyes as it prepares to take its flight. As it becomes air borne, it heads towards a certain direction and Sungjong knows that based on the path it’s flying, he immediately knows where the dragon is heading towards.

It’s heading towards Sungjong.

To be continued in Chapter 39: Destruction's Arrival


A/N

Late chapter and it's a little short. Unexpectedly, the story is moving a little faster than it should (As there are quite a whole lot more contents behind to go)