Nexus HQ

The Chosen Seven

 

The motions of the vehicle jumping up and down due to uneven roads cause Howon to spring awake. He moves his head slightly and notices the unfamiliarity of his surroundings and attempts to sit upright in a quick motion, only to have his head mercilessly knock onto the ceiling of the transport. Howon winces in pain and rubs his sore head to soothe it. It is then he notices the unfamiliar faces around him, along with Myungsoo and Dongwoo. As if on cue, Dongwoo stops Howon from spewing out the long chain of questions that the younger is attempting to say. Anyone in Howon’s position will definitely be lost and confused.

The elder explains to Howon everything that he can remember – about his fate being a gatekeeper and the incident regarding the Gods. As Myungsoo had anticipated, Howon remembers nothing about Hoya and the fight with Envy. Myungsoo explains that when the powers activates in a form of self-defense, it takes over the gatekeeper’s conscious. Depending on the situation, the power itself may eradicate all dangers around him, causing devastation to the surrounding. Knowing the strength of Hoya, Myungsoo declares that it is lucky enough that Hoya is a second personality and is sane enough to not destroy everything he sees.

In the situation of Sungyeol which Sunggyu and Woohyun explains to Myungsoo, the latter explains that the same mechanism works for everything, including Sungyeol himself and that is exactly what he meant by eradicating everything around him. When Howon tries to rebut the story as a prank, Myungsoo offers to slice his hand and let the muscled male watch it regenerate to prove his story truthfulness. Howon immediately stops the other and agrees to the story’s validity.

“Say, I’ve not introduce myself yet. My name’s Sunggyu, Kim Sunggyu and this brat over here is Woohyun, Nam Woohyun. You’re knocked out for quite some time.” Sunggyu introduces and a very vocal whine can be heard from the boy Sunggyu introduces as Woohyun.

“It’s alright. My name is Howon, Lee Howon. It’s nice to meet you too.” Howon returns the gesture with a smile. Before Sunggyu could do anything to reply, Woohyun immediately places his fingers over Sunggyu’s eyes, blocking his vision.

“Yah! Nam Woohyun, what are you doing!” Sunggyu yells out and attempts to remove the younger’s fingers but the younger male proves to be stronger in terms of physical strength.

“D-don’t look at him!” Woohyun exclaims.

“And why I should not? Give me a reason, Woohyun.” Sunggyu sighs and feels the younger rubbing his nose into Sunggu’s back, a movement of shaking his head.

“Woohyun…”

“Alright… because he’s too…”

“Too what?” Sunggyu growls with his patience running thin.

“Handsome!” Woohyun mumbles out loudly.

-

Their destination soon arrives with the boys hopping off the vehicle and with apparent reasons, laughing. Woohyun, being the last to leave the vehicle grumbles loudly after being lectured by Sunggyu on the differences between flirting and being nice. Dongwoo and Howon could not keep their laughter to themselves and throughout the journey; they could only laugh to Woohyun’s dismay.

Unlike most secret societies’ headquarters’ location, Nexus HQ lies within the busy streets of New York City, where skyscrapers are packed together like sardines and the human population infesting the streets. The building that is stated to be the HQ of Nexus is extraordinarily plain and doesn’t stand out too much from its neighbors. Its design blends well and doesn’t give the population the thought to remember it.

They walk into the building and head straight to the elevator lobby. Sunggyu and Woohyun have come here before thus making them very familiar with the procedure. With a ‘ding’ sound to signify the arrival of the elevator, the five boys enters the lift and Sunggyu presses the last button of the selection panel, B3. However, when the door has closed and the lift beginning to descend, Sunggyu did not release the button and continuous to hold it there until the system overrides and the lift descends beyond B3.

When the lift stops at an unknown floor which the system shows as blank, the door opens and immediately they are greeted by a man suited in black.

“Ah, it’s nice to see you again Sunggyu, Woohyun and seems that you’ve brought your companions.” He exclaims.

“Nice to see you again too, Himchan. It does seem to be a little more than what we expect to be, but they are all like us I assure you.” Sunggyu replies. Himchan smiles and leads the group to where Sungyeol is. They arrive at a room with white walls as its design, with Sungyeol lying there, still in coma and many doctors beside him, analyzing his health condition.

Seeing the Sungyeol’s state, Myungsoo could not help but to tremble slightly. His heart aches slightly at the sight but he knows that Sungyeol’s suffering will be no more. He requests for an injection stringe and upon obtaining it, Myungsoo injects into his own arm and draws blood from his system.

Drawing sufficient enough of red liquid, he injects his own blood into Sungyeol. The powers within the blood activates almost instantly as the color of Sungyeol’s skin begins to return back to normal and his heart rate begins to speed back up to normal.

It didn’t take more than half an hour before the said boy flutters open his eyes and winces slightly when too much light enters his eyes. Before Sungyeol could process anything around him, he was enveloped into a warm hug with a scent that is extremely familiar to him.

“Myungsoo…” Sungyeol lets out weakly and slowly brings his own hands up to complete the hug. He clings with his nails as his strength is still weak but despite that, he wants to feel the other male’s warmth again.

However, their reunion is cut short when a vigorous tremor hits the HQ, causing machines to fall onto the ground and crash and people tumbling over onto the ground.

Something is about to happen.

To be continued in Chapter 34: Rude Awakening


Hope this story is not half-assed >_< 

Next chapter is a battle chapter (Out from no where, I know)