Intruder

The Chosen Seven

Woohyun maneuvers around the hall as silently as possible to prevent any unnecessary sounds to alert the black lady. He chooses the hide behind pillars, out from the line of sight of the black lady as he still isn’t fully capable of controling his power at will and occasionally, Woohyun would turn visible again. Woohyun wonders if it is his own inability to fully understand the meaning of Chastity. Currently, he turns invisible when he clears his mind of all abstract thoughts, especially those in relation to Sunggyu but he finds it difficult to remain focused on it as Sunggyu quickly enter his mind once more when Lust intentionally tortures the elder to lure the younger male out.

“How pitiful, Kim Sunggyu - such a strong gatekeeper to be reduced to such a whim under my power.” She teases as she tightens the shadow bind that wraps firmly around Sunggyu, causing him to yell out in pain. Lust laughs in a high pitch as the sounds of agony released by Sunggyu becomes music to her ears. Although her powers are not able to harm the gatekeeper; she is still able to kill him through indirect means.

Woohyun gasps for oxygen as he peeks out from the pillar to see Sunggyu’s status. His eyes widen and find tears forming on the brim of his eyes as he watches Sunggyu struggle in pain. He tries to think of ways to form plans to save the elder but his mind is nothing but Sunggyu. His power is also useless at his current weak mental state.

“S-stop… please stop hurting him. I surrender.” Woohyun announces as he slowly trudges out from the pillar, with hands held high. Lust smirks when she sees tears flowing down the young male’s face.

“You see? Humans are so fragile. When the ones they loved get hurt so badly, they give up of all hope. How beautiful and manipulative love can be.” Lust chimes as she drops Sunggyu to the floor, retracting the shadows around him back into her. She turns and approaches Woohyun, with the sound of her heels strutting on the marbled floor echoing loudly throughout the hall.

Woohun sniffs in his snot as a sense of relief falls upon him, able to see Sunggyu well and alive. Although they have just met briefly, not knowing each other’s past and has not talked for more than a day; Woohyun feels a sense of connection between him and Sunggyu. People may call it as intuition; sixth sense or love on first sight but Woohyun knows between them, there is something, something that as if it has been passed down from his previous life.

As Lust continues to approach the younger male, Sunggyu finds himself struggling to get on his feet. He coughs out nothing when he inhales too much air at once. He heaves heavily and tries his best to get himself back on his feet but his body refuses to listen to his mind’s command. The strain and pressure on his body to resist Lust’s torture and his own struggles causes him to lose huge amounts of energy. But he has enough for one last push.

He gathers the energy within his hand and throws a force at Woohyun, pushing him away from Lust when she manages to reach as arm length distance from Woohyun. Lust rolls her eyes as she exhales out an annoyed sigh and turns her attention back to Sunggyu.

“You never learn do you?” She says as she revert her attention back onto Sunggyu.

“Since your task is long done, I think is about time you die.” She exclaims as she pulls off her sun hat and throws it aside. She ruffles her soft black hair before she composes herself once more.

Out of the sudden, she lets out an ear-piercing screech. Sunggyu and Woohyun clamps her ears shut with reflex and wince as Lust continues screeching. The screech is no ordinary war cry or some sort, but something more – it is a chant.

Lust’s body begins to distort in many ways as she grows in size, bulking out disgustingly. Her arms extend into long spikes before her hands expand in size and transforms into claws. Her legs split into four each, and the end of her dress bloats up and forms a second abdomen. From a whole, the black lady has transformed into a grotesque form of a half-human, half-spider.

“This form is ugly isn’t it? But it is the same for temptation – this is the result of hostility, temptation and corruption, and it all falls under the same name: Lust. My patience runs dry when you did that, Kim Sunggyu and you forced me to do this. I cannot wait any longer, I shall end this fast and open the gate.” She bellows as she moves towards Sunggyu at a very fast speed as her eight legs can take her.

But before she could land her huge claws on Sunggyu, the said male suddenly disappears. Lust scans the area frantically with her eyes as she starts to feel panic rising within her. The elder male is not able to escape with such wounds and lack of energy. Thinking that he may still have some energy and went to hide, she continues to find the elder male frantically.

But in truth, Sunggyu has not moved at all. Luck is on their side when the black lady transforms, and manages to look away during that time. It is at that moment when Woohyun chose to dash forward and cloak himself and Sunggyu with his invisibility. When Lust exclaims the meaning behind her own name – hostility, temptation and corruption, Woohyun begins to understand the meaning of Chastity more and why he couldn’t fully control his powers. It is because he, at that point of time has not fully understood the meaning of it.

Chastity isn’t ity and talking about pureness but through embracing moral wholesomeness, honesty to one self and others and above all – pure love. Woohyun is able to embrace such morals from his parents strict but yet helpful guidance and Woohyun’s own innocence character prevents him from lying. But there is one more thing that he holds strongly in which fuels his own power – his simple, childish but yet pure love, or crush for Sunggyu. Woohyun then recalls the real reason behind the activation of his powers before meeting Sunggyu – a simple imagination of those simply love stories from the books Woohyun have read.

Woohyun winks at the elder’s shocked expression. While Lust continues her own futile exploration for Sunggyu, Woohyun takes this chance to drag the weakened Sunggyu to a corner where he will be out from the combat zone. He feels excited to be able to save the elder male and lands a quick kiss on Sunggyu’s forehead. He stands up and turns to look at giant monster ahead of him.

“Hey you ugly monster, come and get me if you can!” Woohyun taunts as he runs towards another direction, away from Sunggyu. Being in a state of fury and confusion, Lust falls for the bait and heads aggressively towards Woohyun. Her own aggressive way to approach the younger male, cause her to knock down one of the pillars. Woohyun cloaks himself in invisibility once more and only reappears when he thinks it is safe to do so to taunt her.

He continues to taunt Lust but realizes the strain and the drain from using his powers over prolong period of time when he feels a sharp pain echoing within his mind, thus causing him to turn visible back again. His mistake in all this is that he paused his movement while holding his head, trying to soothe the pain way by rubbing the sides of his head.

The heavy weight of the transformed lust cause tiny tremors around where she moves and it is enough to knock Woohyun down on his feet. Lust firmly grabs hold onto the fallen Woohyun before he could run and holds him at eye level, finally smirking to her own victory.

“Any last words or requests, as a form of mercy.” She asks.

“How about one last kiss?” Woohyun suggests. Lust shrugs her shoulder and accepts the deal, seeing how he is unable to escape from her grip. But who know how wrong she is.

When the distance between her and Woohyun falls to only just inches away, Woohyun stabs Lust in the head with a small sharp rubble that had come crumbling when she breaks the pillar. Lust screams in pain as she drops Woohyun instantly and tries to cradle her would but with her huge monstrous hands, it is no possible. Her cries of pain continue to up a pitch before the disintegration begins.

It happens in a flash when the Lust’s body ignites into flame. The hot and blinding flames cause Woohyun to shield himself from the fierce element. The process is a fast one with the strength of that flame and in no time – Lust is no more. The hall quiets down as the place scatters with black ashes.

Woohyun takes in a deep breath as his heart rate slows down to normal. He quickly rushes back to Sunggyu as the elder male probably is probably in his most vulnerable state. His footstep draws to a stop when the scene unfolds before him. In front of Snggyu is a man cloaked in black, who seems to be kneeling in front of a unconscious Sunggyu. Almost instantly out of instincts, Wooohyun is able to sense danger radiating from the man, and rushing quickly towards him.

With a loud bang, the man disappears and reappears with another bang behind Woohyun and grabs hold of him by the neck. After his own duel with Lust, Woohyun is feeling extremely exhausted and is in no condition to fight against another one. He winces in pain when he felt a sharp pain by his arm and warm liquid streaking his hands afterward. The unknown intruder hums with acceptance before dropping the younger male. As if on cue, he hits Woohyun by the back of his neck, effectively silencing him temporarily. With another loud bang, the man disappears.

-

The three shadows that sits around the round table composes themselves on the chair when they felt power gushing through the entrance of the hall and into the dark and locked door where one part of their master resides. They hum, chuckles and laugh with glee when they felt a rise in power of their master. They were right to send one of them there to complete it despite their trust in Lust but they just wanted to make sure of it.

The second gate has been open and now five gates remain; And in a separate world, the seven stars begins to shine brightly, with resonance with the opening of the gate. As one more star turns blue, and joins the ranks of the other two, three more red stars begins to change in color, but not all of them are turning correctly.

One of the stars is turning dark and black.

To be continued in Chapter 15: Sungyeol


A/N

Very late chapter, I apologize! But here it is! 

I kind of didn't want to state the next character's name but.... his powers are... well complicated to be put into one word.

But oh well.... (I did not proof read) 

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! =)