The One Who Calls

The Chosen Seven

The boy opens his eyes, awakening from his sleep. He lay there motionless, staring at the ceiling of his room. By the edge of his eyes, he spots rays of golden light penetrating through the transparent material, illuminating the room. He sighs softly and pushes himself up into a sitting position. He rubs his temples with his fingers as he recall the strange occurrence he had just moments ago.

“The same dream again…” He mutters.

Dreams aren’t normally remembered and even if they are, chances of a repeated dream aren’t normal. It has been weeks since he had that dream and from that day on, the same dream appears over and over again. He hopes to understand the meaning of the dream but every time he sleeps and the dream surfaces, the scene before him stays motionless as the thing before him stays stiff, deep in slumber. The dream will drag for hours before his vision blacks out, bringing him back into reality. He never really spoke to anyone about the dream, being weird and all.

He pushes the duvet off and slides his leg over his bed onto the marbled floor. He stands up and stretches himself to the fullest, before heading to the bathroom for his morning shower.

Showered and feeling all refreshed, the boy puts on his best clothes he have because today is a very special day for him. Someone special to him is visiting him today and he certainly wished to be a good host. He glances upwards to the clock and a state of panic rushes into him. He hasn’t realize that time have passed so much that he barely have an hour left before his friend arrives. He still has plenty of things to do, like preparing an excellent breakfast for his friend and have the guestroom all readied.

The sound of the bell being rang shock the life out of the boy as the jittering feeling increases hundred folds. He rushes to the front door and looks through the peep hole and could not help but groan at the sight of the person standing outside his door. He curses himself for not waking up earlier and has not anticipated that his friend would be early.

He reluctantly opens the door after a series of knocking. He puts on the best puppy pout face he could as he opens it and successfully earn a chuckle from his friend. The other boy ruffles the pouting boy’s hair, earning a very vocal whine from the latter.

“It’s nice to see you again. How have you been?” The guest asks.

“Fine, I guess. Things aren’t exactly the same after you left. I’ve missed you!” The boy mutters and tackles the other boy into a hug.

“Oomph, I can see your affection from your actions. Now, let me go in and prepare some breakfast. I’m very sure, from your drenched hair that you just showered and have prepared nothing right?”

“You must be a mind reader, Hyung.”

“Why?”

“Because you got it right!”

-

The boy rubs his sore head after receiving a very affectionate knock from his elder friend. The pout on his face hasn’t disappeared yet. His said friend soon reappears from the kitchen into the dining with two plates of American breakfast. He places one of it before the boy and the latter simply drools over the delicious scent that is emitting from the food. The elder chuckles and allows the boy to indulge into his breakfast, occasionally reprimanding him to slow down.

“So, you have been good, haven’t you? I see that you’ve done your laundry and house chores.” The boy nods with food being chewed in his mouth.

“Anything you want me to know about? Something special that occurred like, I don’t know… a boyfriend maybe?” The said question causes the boy to choke momentarily on his food.

“I… I don’t have anything like that and Hyung, I prefer girls. You know those with jiggling organs on the chests?” The elder simply laughs.

“You say that all the time but I’ve not seen you going out with anyone yet. Besides, you look more like one and I’m unsure if any girls are willing to go out with you. I’m pretty sure you’ll win them in terms of beauty.”

“Hyung!”

“Alright, I’ll stop with the teasing but seriously, there isn’t anything up with your life? It can’t be that boring hasn’t it?” The boy purses his lips and nods his head.

“There’s something alright but… don’t laugh please or otherwise this cup of orange juice will be extremely lethal to you.” The elder stifles a laugh and nods.

“Well, I’ve been having these dreams and before you interrupt me, they are not wet dreams. It’s just normal dreams; you know how some younger boys will fantasy themselves in the dreams. I’m almost twenty soon and I’m don’t know why I’m having these dreams.”

“Care to elaborate the dream? Maybe I might know.”

“It’s really a plain dream but continuous occurrence isn’t. The dream is me standing in a middle of a gray landscape in which I’ve never seen before in my life. Everything around is sand and colorless. The skies are no better in terms of color however there are six glowing blue stars in the sky, with the last one still being red. I’m not alone on the island though, seeing how it’s just water around the land I’m on. There’s… this beast, sleeping there. I’ve tried to poke it away, punch it, kick it but it won’t wake and it has been like this for almost two weeks!”

“Hmmm… are you sure it’s always the same and exactly the same this morning as well?” The boy slumps on his chair for a moment before perking up.

“Well, I think it’s a little different this morning. Before I black out or awake from the dream, the beast seems to have opened its eyes. It’s just a short glimpse but I’m sure it did.”

“Beast, huh? What kind of beast, a lion or a tiger?” The boy shakes his head.

“Those are animals, Yongguk-Hyung not beasts and Sungjonggie over here knows how to differentiate them! It’s not any animal I’ve seen before and I’m sure you haven’t.

It’s a dragon.” 

To be continued in Chapter 37: Omen


A/N

And the final character has appeared! (With a side one as well) 

I'm not very sure how long his story will take but being the LAST of all, it must be a little bit special yes?