The Eighth Sin (Part I)

The Chosen Seven

“Is that… what I think it is?” Dongwoo asks as he points at the realm that just appeared in the sky.

“It is as what you think, Dongwoo but it does not make sense. Everything doesn’t make sense. By forming that heptagon, we should have already completed sealing the opened gates thus resealing Chaos and restoring peace to the land. The Gods’ Realm isn’t supposed to be appearing. No one among us has the power to summon that world but… only a God could… Oh no…” Myungsoo mutters as his last few words drops in pitch as realization hits him. There’s definitely something going on in which he didn’t know but if there is anyone who could summon that realm, there is only two.

The remaining Old Gods that are still alive – Chaos and Goddess.

The Goddess hasn’t been seen for the past fifty thousand years ever since she disappeared that day when they were supposed to seal Chaos into the seven gates. That could have narrowed the two choices down to one and also might explain the cause of the cancellation of the re-sealing. What truly happened maybe not be known to Myungsoo but the results from it is as clear as day to him.

Black ominous smoke appears out from nowhere and fuses together into a shape – the shape of a human. Its identity appears to be unknown at first but as more of the gassy substance fuse into the shape, more in-depth features starts to form and making him more familiar to Myungsoo and Hoya.

The smoke forms a man that seemingly looks like in his late twenties – tall, unshaven moustache and intimidating. He takes a few steps forward and the sounds of the heavy boots that he appears to be wearing makes the gatekeeper back off slightly. The gatekeepers that do not remember him could feel the evilness that is radiating off his skin, indirectly telling them that this person is an extremely dangerous person while the ones who has their memories intact knows the man by a name that has been announced so many times during their journey.

Chaos.

“It’s so wonderful to take back my physical form after fifty thousand years locked away in those awful gates but I guess that I should thank you “gatekeepers” for that matter.” Chaos exclaims. Hoya growls at the god, almost attempting to assault him if not for Myungsoo who has stopped him.

“I demand an explanation. This isn’t supposed to be happening. You’re supposed to be sealed back into the gates!” Myungsoo yells out.

“And I suppose you got that from your fifty millenniums of memories? Well, I must applaud you for remembering something so old and ancient however there is much more that you poor little keepers is still being hidden from, in which your memories do not contain. However, it will not be necessary for you to know since you’ll be obliterated soon enough.” Chaos replies, turns on his heels and walks off.

“Hey! Stop there!” Hoya yells out and attempts to chase after the awaken god. He merely took two big steps when he is forcefully pushed back by an invisible force. Chaos didn’t even turn his head back and just continues to walk into the darkness until he seemingly dissipates into the dark. However before he is gone from all traces, he leaves behind a command, loud enough for everyone in the vicinity to hear.

“Clean up the mess, Belphegor.”

That command brings forth another stranger, shaped like a human but the gatekeepers know that he isn’t. Chaos belittles humans and there is no way that he would have subordinates that are humans. He moves towards the group with a smirk and raises his hands, preparing to launch an attack however the gatekeepers are faster to retaliate before anything comes out.

Hoya dashes forward and engages Belphegor in a close combat battle. Although Hoya expertise in combat fighting, his kicks and punches are swiftly blocked and dodged by the other and no damage is dealt. Tired of his assault failing to land, Hoya decides to create an opening by using a feint attack. When the other falls for the trick, Hoya concentrates his strength into his fist and attempts to land his fist on Belphegor’s head. However, seemingly to know what’s to come, Belphegor swift dodges the punch and kneed Hoya with his knee with sufficient strength to cause the muscled male to drop on his knees and cough out in pain.

Dongwoo charges in next at the sight of his fallen lover. He flies heads on at Belphegor and the same situation happens to him when the other simply moves aside, dodging that tackle. Before Dongwoo could fly away and makes a U-turn back for another attack, Belphegot grabs the ankle of Dongwoo in one swift movement and slams him onto the ground, causing Dongwoo to yell out in pain.

Myungsoo takes the dagger he has, slices his palm and lets the blood drip into the barrel of the gun. He mutters a few words and the blood within turns black, emitting pulses of death. He loads the ammunition in, aims at Belphegor and fires without hesitation. No question doubted, he dodges the bullets and charges straight at Myungsoo.

The quick movement done by Belphegor causes Myungsoo to stun a little bit and isn’t reacting quickly enough and allows the attacker to do a roundhouse kick at his defenseless sides. He’s sure that he definitely heard his ribs cracking within his body. Sungyeol quick rushes towards to the fallen male and his face turn to horror when he felt Belphegor’s presence next to him. Before Belphegor could land an attack, a force projection throws the attacker off his feet.

Sunggyu knows that he has placed a lot of power in that projection but Belphegor seems to be only pushed back by a minor distance. He quick puts up a barrier to defend from the incoming attack but it is broken enough much effort, leaving Sunggyu in the state of no defense. Belphegor then wraps his own hand around Sunggyu’s neck, cutting his oxygen supply.

“How’s that for a payback, Kim Sunggyu? It certainly is enjoyable for me to see you suffer. This new body the master gave me is certainly one of the kinds. Its power is definitely on par with the God’s power I once have. You do remember don’t you, Sunggyu – while we’re still together as one?” Belphegor whispers harshly into Sunggyu’s ears. The latter males seem to be concentrating on surviving the suffocation and desperately trying to remove the hand that is firmly around his throat.

Woohyun takes up Myungsoo’s fallen gun and starts shooting at the hostile attacker but only to have the bullets suspended in midair and reflected back at Woohyun himself. The male tries to dodge from the returned attack but one bullet manages to lodge into Woohyun’s shoulder, causing him to cry out in pain.

When all hopes are lost, a shining white arrow flies towards Belphegor’s direction and impales into the target’s left eye. Belphegor screams out by the sudden pain and forcefully pulls out the arrow and has one hand blocking the blood from overflowing out of the wound. He glances at the arrow and growls loudly as he snaps the arrow into two.

When more white arrows are being fired from the darkness, Belphegor scoffs and makes a run for it, knowing clearly that his power is insufficient to fight against the person who just fired an arrow at him. He may have attained a power similar to of a God but it is nowhere near there yet, especially when his opponent is a God. Not just any God;

But a God of the Olds.

To be Continued in Chapter 42: The Eight Sin (Part II)


A/N

Took a little while to plot through this chapter. But hope you guys didn't mind the long wait! Here it is with the fantastic new chapter!