Speed

The Chosen Seven

Dongwoo peeks open his eyes, hoping to see what’s to come in afterlife but all that he could see is cars and pedestrian moving about. He blinks multiple times and rubs his eyes however the scene before him did not change. He turns his head and finds himself suspended in mid-air, and probably around sixty floors off the ground. Dongwoo squeaks and fumbles embarrassingly to himself.

In the process of his attempt to recover, his leg somewhat kicks the air beneath him and as if the air below him have solidified themselves, it launches the said boy up into the air at an extreme speed. Dongwoo could not speak for the shock being suspended multiple levels above ground level hasn’t disappear and flying at a fast speed isn’t help him either. However, he finds the feeling of flying very thrilling - the wind flowing against his skin as he goes against the wind resistance and breaking the barrier of sound.

The excitement to soar through the skies makes him forget that he has a fear for heights. Dongwoo maneuvers through the skies as if it’s his backyard and for a moment there, he forgets that he has people he has to protect. He curses slightly at himself at the remembrance and prays that nothing happens to them while he guiltily enjoys his momentary joy.

He makes a U-turn and returns back down to the city. Having flown around too much and at a high altitude, Dongwoo lost the positioning of the building and quickly scans through the skyscrapers. It isn’t difficult to spot it with smoke arising from the building due to the explosion of the helicopter caused by Greed.

Dongwoo gathers air beneath his feet and with one swift kick on the air pocket; he launches himself head on towards them. Luckily, Greed hasn’t done anything to them but Dongwoo knows that he soon will from deducing the anger distorted face Greed has.

As Greed inches close to the defenseless group after warping himself back up from the death fall, the mood that he once have to play with the gatekeepers is no longer there and simply wants to wipe them out as quick as possible but he could not because he has to go according to plan – Wrath’s plan.

He moves as slowly as possible and when he finds himself swept off his feet, being carried into the air by the person who just pushed him down along with himself, Greed knows that it is time to move on to the next part of the plan – an all in showdown. Sure that he isn’t prepared for the tackle from Dongwoo previously but he isn’t going to be taken by surprise the second time.

He lands a blow into Dongwoo’s stomach, making him release Greed, allowing him to warp out. Greed goes into a warping frenzy as he teleports all around the place, landing a blow onto Dongwoo with each appearance and disappearing in the next instance. Knowing that Greed aims to hit him with each warp, Dongwoo kicks himself off from the airs and speeds up as he soars through the sky.

Greed continues his warping technique however with the accelerating speed Dongwoo is going, Greed’s attack starts to miss one after another. Soon it became a battle of speed with Dongwoo shooting through the air while he tries his best to land a hit on Greed while the latter warps continuously, trying to catch the flying boy but to no avail.

The stalemate battle soon starts to wear out both fighters as Dongwoo starts to decelerate while Greed begins to warp at a much longer interval. Despite the fatigue growing, there is a difference between Dongwoo and Greed – the powers of their names.

Being named as Charitas, Dongwoo has shown sufficient amounts of self-sacrifice and love towards a certain boy, fueling him with enough power to triumph over the other while Greed himself has nothing to boost his own. He has power, he has wealth and he has everything he wants however that is limit he could attain. The will of want to triumph over Dongwoo isn’t as strong as Dongwoo’s own for the power of self-sacrifice stands above all acts of kindness.

With Greed falthering, Dongwoo takes his chances and accelerates towards Greed. Noticing the incoming attack, Greed attempts to warp but his abilities failed him. He has run out of fuel and could no longer warp unless he rest. Greed has strain his abilities to much that it paralyzes him. Unable to dodge Dongwoo’s attack, he chuckles to himself as he receives Dongwoo’s attack and descends at top speed down.

Luckily for both of them, their battle took them away from the city and brings them above the sea. Greed accelerates with his back facing the waters as he plunges in with great force. The impact from the speed and the sudden entrance into the water is too much for Greed’s body to handle causing every single joint in his body to dislocate. With his mobility removed, Greed could only await his oxygen to run out and drown into the dark waters.

The explosion that ignited from beneath the waters shows sign that Greed is no more. However, Dongwoo is unsure if this is the end of him. With the last bit of his strength, he slowly descends down into the sea and let himself drop. He has exhaust himself from all the flying and furthermore his awakening day. He could use some rest.

Unfortunately, heroes don’t rest when dark clouds fogs the skies with the sun totally covered. The dark clouds don’t look natural as avian creatures scurries to land, trying their best to avoid staying in the air.

A sign of an impending doom. 

To be continued in Chapter 36: The One Who Calls


A/N

Today's chapter! Another battle chapter honestly and I tried to play the scenes within my mind to make it look as good as possible. 

It would be awesome if it becomes a motion picture action film but that's not going to happen.