Sungyeol

The Chosen Seven

The sound of the door being slammed woke Sungyeol up. He stirs in his sleep as more noise is generated downstairs. He pushes the duvets off, gets off his bed  and faces himself in the mirror with a groggily look. He sighs to himself and he ruffled his own hair, in attempts to fix away those bed hairs.

He has to look presentable.

He jumps shockingly when an angry yell echoes throughout the house. He is calling. He hastens to complete his daily ritual within five minutes and with no time wasted; he quickly makes his way down to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for his father. Foster father to be exact and is one that you certainly do not want to have.

“Took you long enough, you rascal.” He yells as he takes a big gulp of alcohol from his beer that lies in one of his hands. He exhales out all the carbonation and wipes the drools and beer liquid that stains his lips with the back of his hands, and wipes it roughly onto Sungyeol’s shirt.

But Sungyeol doesn’t resist.

Not when he is the man that shelters Sungyeol for the past nineteen years, not when he is the man who fed Sungyeol and also the man who picked Sungyeol up when he cries loudly by the side of the streets in a cradle. Sungyeol is extremely grateful that because without him, he won’t be alive anymore but just another baby abandoned by someone else – something very common in the slums.

But the man isn’t like this in the past – he was kind, caring and a loving father but that is when his wife is still around. His wife didn’t die of any accident or run away with another man or something, but was frightened away.

By Sungyeol.

Sungyeol knew that from young, he had an ability that he has never told anyone else – the ability to prophesize. The things that he sees come in form of dreams and he is able to remember every bits of details by the time he wakes up. What makes things even more interesting is how those dreams  turns into a reality.

His foster mother left when one of his dreams turns into a deadly reality, in which Sungyeol learned to never intervene or reveal what he has dreamt because no matter what he do, fate will never change. Even if he manages to change the outcome, the event will happen again at some other time. By the end of the day, the one that suffers the most from the after effect is Sungyeol.

The two adopted Sungyeol because they did not have a child of their own. They are able to conceive one but chances are extremely low. Fortunately, His foster mother manages to conceive a child just three years after Sungyeol entered the family. But who would have thought that Sungyeol dreamt of her delivering a still born.

Of course, the Sungyeol then is still very young and has no idea of the consequences of revealing the future and so he told them about it. Though being a child and all, no one takes a child seriously of their words but when the said fantasy becomes reality, it is no joke at all.

They accused him for their dead son's deathAbuse and neglect starts to come into play soon after. They call him the child of the devil and throw the blame all onto him for his little brother’s death. That is when she left, unable to take the pressure of have a cursed child living in the house. His father fell into deep depression and the abuse hurled onto Sungyeol worsens.

What comes next is understandable – father turning into an alcoholic. But despite all, he has never initiated to throw Sungyeol out of the house because without him, he won’t have the money for his alcohols. Sungyeol became the breadwinner of the family when his foster father lost his job three months ago and all his earnings he received from his part time jobs all go to his foster father, leaving him with just a few bucks to survive the month.

Sungyeol still dreams and they still become reality but he has never made a move to reveal it. Imagine the rumors and the insults being hurled at him just being able to tell the future.

Of course, there are some good sides to such ability – Sungyeol is able to cheat his way through all his exams. Juggling almost up to four jobs, taking up almost more than twelve hours of his time working, he finds his ability his way out of this hell hole of life. Having excelled his exams, he manages to grab hold of a scholarship and Sungyeol has no more need to worry about his school fees. Plus, won’t his father be happier to find more money for his alcohol?

Sunyeol quickly finishes his house chores and breakfast before leaving the house to meet the only friend he has in school. No matter how early it is, Sungyeol felt peaceful once he steps out of the house. Due of his harsh working life outside of school, he doesn’t really have much time socializing with people within but there is this one friend of his that understands him even better than his parents and of course, Sungyeol hasn’t told the other about his ability.

He rushes to the meeting point, and compliments himself of his tardiness being early. He looks around and spots a familiar poster pasted on a nearby street lamp and all other ones.

New jobs available! Come work for us at Red Dawn Coporation!

Sungyeol let his eyes fix a little longer at the poster and allow his mind to wander. He has been considering of working for Red Dawn due to their extremely flexible hours and the salary they have offered. What makes it more attractive is how they offer the positions to everyone, regardless of their education level.

He sighs before an arm is slung forward onto his neck, and a familiar head popping out from the side of Sungyeol’s view with a lop-sided grin plastered on the other’s face. Sungyeol smiles before the both of them started walking to school.

“Good Morning, Myungsoo.” 

To be continued in Chapter 16: Stranger


A/N

Well, this is the start of Sungyeol's life and all but there is a lot more to come! 

There will be some mistakes here and there (Busy these days, so I don't really proof read them) but hope it is alright! 

Sungyeol won't have a very good plot, so lots of dark and possible M chapters to appear in the future! 

And Sungyeol will be the main key of the seven! Extremely crucial! 

Note: There is a hidden clue in the previous 14 chapters, if you are able to understand it, it helps a lot in the future!