Red Dawn

The Chosen Seven

 

Sungyeol’s breath hitches whenever he sees people moving pass him as he slides himself into small gaps in the walls. Thanks to his slim figure, he is able to hide perfectly well, out of sight of the people within the facility. Adrenaline is constantly being pumped into his bloodstream as he moves aimlessly. He has no idea where he is, has no idea where he should go but he has an aim – to find Myungsoo.

He could see people in white coats frantically running around, entering rooms along the way. Based on their loud yelling across rooms and corridors, they are finding a certain individual named as Subject Zero. However, they aren’t the only one running around. Men donned with firearms are also seen scouring the area, probably for Subject Zero as well.

It has been around thirty minutes since he entered the large door and he hasn’t been able to move as freely as he could. Sungyeol spends most of his time hiding from people; since he understands that he doesn’t have authorization within the compounds. He hopes to find Myungsoo, and leave this foreign place as quick as possible.

Suddenly, the building shakes vigorously, causing people to tumble to the ground, alongside with equipment and furniture. The lights in the building start to flicker as the tremor continues. Being wedged in between the walls, Sungyeol is able to feel the vibration of the unknown impact at full force but is grateful that there isn’t any harm going his way – that is if the walls don’t collapse on him.

The tremor stops and the place looks creepier with the lights no longer working and the only illumination that fills the place is the red alarm that continues to blaring loudly. Sungyeol suffers little injury, only to have abrasions from harsh rubbing on the walls. Seeing how the chaos has subsided and now the only sound that Sungyeol could hear are the alarms, the slowly slides out from his hiding place, to find himself stepping onto a dead body, whose head got crushed mercilessly by a metal shelf.

Sungyeol squeaks and manages to hold back the feeling of disgust that is slowly creeping out from his throat. He eventually empties his dinner he had when more dead bodies came into view. He wipes his mouth with the back of his hand as he tries to calm himself with his other hand placed on his chest. He moves backwards, only to stumble onto a thick folder. He winces painfully when he landed on his . Times like these kinds of falls, Sungyeol is grateful for having a bubbly looking , cushioning his fall.

With curiosity rising within him, he opens the folder he had just tripped on and is quickly fueled even more the moment he sees the top content of the file.

It has Myungsoo’s Photo on it.

However, Sungyeol is unable to confirm if the person is Myungsoo as it doesn’t contains the younger male’s name. The only name given or stated is a strange one, something you would give to a specimen instead.

Subject C – No. 00491.

Sungyeol frowns as confusion enters his mind, not understanding a single word the contents. But he knows that this is his best friend as he notices the new haircut the younger wears and as much as Sungyeol is able to remember, it is no less than three days old. He eyes scans the remains of the page and lands on a section that he clears one of the question in his mind – his location.

The Manufacturing Room.

Behind the page is a photo of a map and the area that Myungsoo is in were circled with red pen. Luckily, the place is not far from his current place, where he happens to be near a room known as the Observation Room. His destination is just down the corridor and the said male wastes no time in getting back up on his feet and departs for the room. Sungyeol just want to get this over with.

With the help of the map and signs to direct him, he manages to arrive at the room quickly, despite having dim red lights as his only illumination. The door is already open by the time he arrived, with no obstacle in front of Sungyeol. However, the feeling of unease surrounds Sungyeol as he bit his lips with lowered courage but he enters nonetheless.

The place is dark and has no light to illuminate the area, except with irregular intervals of electric sparks from dangling wires and Sungyeol has to maneuver around with just his sense of touch. The room is not empty and is filled with glass tanks in which what Sungyeol has guessed with his touches. His hope gets reignited when he spots a dim white light at the end.

He moves carefully towards the light, not wanting to trip over thick wire tubes that lie all over the floor. His movement quickens as he nears his objective, realizing that it is not just white light that is at end of the hall, but another human being as well and a very distinctive one too.

It is Myungsoo.

From the moment the clarity of Myungsoo’s face comes into view, Sungyeol forfeits his carefulness and rushes towards his best friend. He tumbles over the wires with every few steps but manage to reach Myungsoo without any falls. He gasps as he got within no less than two meters from Myungsoo. The boy is tied up with bruises and cuts disgustingly decorating the once handsome boy’s face. The torture seems to be extreme as the boy lies unconscious on the metal chair, beneath the white light. The blood on his skin has long dried up and a small but visible pool of blood can be spotted below the chair.

Sungyeol approaches Myungsoo with a hurt expression, untying the boy from the chair. Trying his best not to wound Myungsoo further, Sungyeol shakes him awake, in hopes that he hasn’t die from blood loss. With a little shake, Myungsoo starts coughing out red liquid and groans in pain.

“Myungsoo! Y-you’re alive. Oh my god, you can’t believe how glad I am to find you. What did they do to you here? Never mind, let’s leave this place first.” Sungyeol exclaims as he slings Myungsoo’s arm around his neck, and lifts the younger male towards the exit.

Their journey is short-lived when the entrance door starts to close up and moments later, the once dark room starts to get re-illuminated with lights. Sungyeol shelters his eyes from the sudden brightness and as his eyes quickly adjust himself, he finds himself facing a room of horror.

In the room, are cylindrical glass tanks that fills up the entire place, with tubes and wires connected. The room is extremely wide and makes it seem as if the distance from the entrance to Myungsoo is a short one. What scares and shocks Sungyeol the most is the contents within the countless glass tubes.

The numbers could be up to hundreds or possible thousands.

Thousands of Kim Myungsoo. 

To be continued in Chapter 20: Invoke


A/N

Myungsoo's location is revealed and the boss will takes his/her stage in the next chapter! 

Though i can't really say the next chapter will be very... 'full of light', if you get what I mean.

Thanks for the new subcribes and comments! They are loved. 

Next chapter will be a long one (All battle chapters are long anyway >_<) Though... something will happen. 

Until the next chapter ~