Double

The Chosen Seven

 

The cavern is just the exterior but the interior is something out of this world. Woohyun has never seen something like this before in his whole life, not even through the internet, pictures or his own imagination from the books he read. The place just gives off a mix feel of majesty and ancientness.

The place is a large empty hall, with walls coated with gold and silver. The floor tiles are marbled and the thing that impresses Woohyun the most is the seven pillars that stood holds the ceiling intact. Those stone pillars are carved with seven different images – a dignified middle age man, a young man donned with armor, a maiden in ancient Rome apparels, an old man wielding a hammer and a fully clothed with a cloak person, holding three skulls in its hands. There are two other images, in which shocks Woohyun the most because he has seen it before.

One depicts a picture of an old lady cloaked from top to bottom with an ancient looking lantern in her hands. The image recalls how familiar it is to Sunggyu’s birthmark. Although Sunggyu’s birthmark resembles more of a skull-like person, it is highly possible that because of the contours of Sunggyu’s body, it may not be a skull, but a face of an old lady after all.

The last one is a picture of a calm looking middle aged woman with a baby in her hands. On a single look, one is able to tell that the woman is a mother. The feel of love and warmness that radiates from the picture makes Woohyun feel loved and comfortable but that isn’t all to it. Having a good imaginative mind, the image is as how people around him describe his birthmark.

The strange seven yet alluring pillars, the similarity of the birthmarks on it – countless of questions is generating at light speed within Woohyun’s mind. Why is there a similarity? Is Sunggyu related to all of this, since he possess a similar looking birthmark that is carved on the pillars? How is Woohyun in relation to all of this?

“What… what in the world is all these? Where are we?” Woohyun manages out finally. His mind isn’t on the right state at the moment and is still in shock from the much information he has to processes. He hopes for a more detailed reply but Sunggyu simply chuckles and snaps his fingers.

As if on cue, a gust of wind fills the hall. The old candles that hangs above in the chandelier lights up, effectively illuminating the empty hall. It is then Woohyun sees it. Right at the end of the hall, there stands an extremely large and ancient looking doorway. The cracks on it tells how old the thing actually is and on the door itself, there illustrates a woman with a baby in her hands – just like the one on one of the pillars and on Woohyun’s back.

His own admiration for the ancient structure is disrupted when streams of black essence enters the hall from entrance where Woohyun and Sunggyu came in from. The black substance swims around the hall for a few moments before landing onto the ground, causing a mini black dust to appear at the impact zone. From the dust cloud, a black shadow emerges from it and it isn’t the only one. More streams of darkness lands onto the ground, creating a similar black colored dust cloud in the process and the shadows emerge.

Woohyun backs away from the shadow beings and watches them as they move towards Sunggyu. Woohyun tries to warn the elder but is stopped when he notices the shadow kneeling before Sunggyu. He feels excited for a moment. Sunggyu has powers, just as Woohyun has them. Woohyun always thinks that he is the only one to have special abilities but now, he has someone who is exactly like him.

Woohyun snaps out of his own fascination and discovery when Sunggyu approaches the gate. He drags his fingers across the stone door and moans out in pleasure.

“Finally, the gate is within my grasp.” Sunggyu mutters as he chuckles darkly before turning back to Woohyun.

“And it is all thanks to you, Woohyun my beloved for breaking the barrier that stands in between me and the gate. Now, come – we shall open the gate of the mother and bring back The Master!” Sunggyu announces as he raises his hand out to Woohyun, signifying the younger to take it.

But Woohyun did not take a step forward and instead he retreats even more. From the tone and the descriptions of Sunggyu’s words, Woohyun feels that he should not accept that hand. Although he doesn’t know why, a warning signal flares off within his mind, telling him not to follow the instruction of Sunggyu.

“What’s wrong, Woohyun? I thought you loved me?” Sunggyu mentions. Those words put Woohyun on a dilemma. Sunggyu may be his first crush and love after all and the weight of it is making Woohyun stop retreating. He feels the responsibility of moving forward coming to him. With those feelings pushing him, Woohyun takes a few steps forward.

“Yes. That’s right. Come to Suggyu. You know you loved me.” Sunggyu continues. Woohyun’s breath quickens as he nears Sunggyu but he stops midway. No matter how strong he feels for the elder, the ache in his mind is continuously warning him not to do so. But his paused movement causes much anger to rise within Sunggyu. He wishes to complete this without harming the young boy too much but his own lack of patience causes him to use force instead.

With a wave of his fingers, the kneeling shadow rises and charges towards Woohyun. The young male widen his eyes with horror as he backs away slowly before turning his whole body around and makes a run for it. However, his own nervousness causes him to trip and fall, landing heavily on the marbled floor. With adrenaline still coursing through his blood, he quickly turns around to find one of the shadows hovering above him.

But before the shadow could grab Woohyun, a strong force pushes it away, causing it to crash harshly onto the golden coated walls. Woohyun turns to look at the source of the force but to only find himself plunging deeper into confusion.

Because the one who saved him, is Sunggyu.

To be continued in Chapter 13: Castitas


A/N

Plenty of new content in this chapter! 

I changed  a little how Sunggyu will actually appear although they aren't suppose to meet like this but I think this is still awesome!

Thanks for the wonderful comments and subcribes! <3