Darknight

The Chosen Seven

 

“Are you sure we can trust that man because I certainly do not. He looks awfully suspicious to me, if you ask.” Woohyun comments while as he flips through the magazine that the plane have provided. His words didn’t just end there as he begins lecturing Sunggyu about the importance of not trusting strangers. The elder slumps in his seat and rests his head on his knuckles as he tries his best to filter out Woohyun’s words.

“Hey, are you listening to me? You’re thinking about that guy, aren’t you?” Woohyun accuses as he hits Sunggyu with the magazine. The younger pouts out in defiance as his cheeks bloats and redden with anger. When the elder didn’t reply, his full blown childish anger turns into a crying session and not surprisingly – it works on Sunggyu every single time.

“Stop crying, Woohyun. I’m not thinking about him. I'm just tired.” Sunggyu assures the younger male. Woohyun sniffs in his snot as he gives Sunggyu the kicked puppy look with eyes glistening with tears.

“R-really?” Woohyun confirms.

“Yes. Now stop crying!” Sunggyu instructs and yelps out when the younger male grabs him into a hug, somewhat partially suffocating the elder. Thankfully for them, the plane is a private jet and there is no one else but them, the stewardesses and the pilot and Sunggyu is extremely grateful that he didn’t have to face heavy embarrassment if this were a public airline. The stewardesses chuckles to themselves as they gossip happily about the couple that is sitting right opposite of them.

Now they are on a plane ride to Canada, where they will find their next companion though they are unsure if the information is trustable.

It came three weeks prior as a man suited in black, who came knocking onto Sunggyu’s front door. Woohyun, who happens to be there by 'chance', refused to let the suspicious man in, he eventually did when he clarifies himself of being knowledgeable of the seven gates and their gatekeepers.

They call themselves the Nexus, an organization that keeps a close watch on the events that surrounds the seven gates. As of moment, there are only five gates there are known to them, with two already opened. The remaining two gates, named as the Gate of the Creator and the Gate of the Unknown lies hidden, where only the gatekeepers are allowed to transverse.

As their information is as limited as Sunggyu’s, they do not know who the gatekeepers are as they are normal humans living amongst others and there are no significant signs, other than the birthmarks to identify them. However there is a flaw to those birthmarks.

It is only visible to the Seven.

This statement was proven when the suited man couldn’t see Sunggyu’s birthmark at all. It was later concluded that only the Seven, as well as their counterparts could see them. The marks are to allow the Seven to identify themselves but only to each other, not to other humans.

The Nexus code named their counterparts the Un-Seven and the man also pointed out that the remaining five are not as ordinary as the two they have faced. They are living among the top-tiers classes of the humans – in other words, people with wealth and influential powers. They could be politicians, presidents of very powerful companies or celebrities.

But the Nexus are not falling back on their ranks. They too are comprised with people of similar power that is able to rival back theirs. Despite being just ordinary people, they are there to support the Seven, to see that they accomplish their given tasks. This is no longer the era of the ancients where there are no skyscrapers, where houses are still small huts and weapons made from wood and stone but an era where wealth and influence makes the world revolve.

The Un-Seven will have armies prepared but so will the Seven.

The suited man brings of news of the location of the third gatekeeper, hidden for the past few years from the eyes of civilians. It was recently reported by a mole hidden within a specific company that blends all too well with the public, of the true objective of the company.

That company is Red Dawn Corporation.

From the outside, it handles things people require to most – water and electricity. They do not mainly situate in Canada, but as well as other regions. The Nexus do not know who the man or woman leading Red Dawn but they gave the unknown person a code name.

Code Name: Wrath

The man also brought with him of detailed plans for the two gatekeepers to carry out, alongside the men they have trained to rescue their comrade because they knew that they are powerless before the Un-Seven and only Seven is able to defeat them. Unfortunately on the fact that the Un-Seven could not be defeated, the two gatekeepers are still able to hold their grounds against them and their minions.

The mission is to save Sungyeol will begin three weeks from now, upon to signal from their internal mole, Nexus-1. Sunggyu and Woohyun are to hold back the Un-Seven or their pawns or both while their men sweep the area for Sungyeol.

They have named the Mission – Operation Darknight.

To be continued in Chapter 19: Red Dawn


A/N

This is a slightly shorter chapter as compared to the others (Word count wise) But this will heavily clear some confusion.

There are still hidden and unreleased information in which either the next or the following chapters will show.

Those who are wondering: Woohyun is jealous at the beginnging =D

Thus, enjoy!!