Preparing.

My Heart Hurts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When the bell rang, students were dashing out the classroom in joy, because it was finally the end of school. Hee Rin said Goodbye to you very quickly and dashed away as well, because she had something to do. While you took your time packing your stuff away, Chunji had already left straight after the bell rang again, but L.Joe stayed behind and didn't leave with him.

 

L.Joe cleared his throat “Hey Soo Yeon... erm, how was your first day at school then?” He asked.

“It was good, and thank you for helping me during class.” You smiled.

“No problem, if you have any problems about the work, you can always ask me or call me.” He said, giving you a piece of paper with his number written on it.

“N-Nae, Thank you.” You said, taking the paper hesitantly.

“So are you walking home alone?” He asked.

 

You opened your mouth to reply to L.Joe, but your phone started vibrating in your pocket, you took it out and looked at the caller ID – ‘Babo Chunji’

“Wait a moment; I need to answer the call.” You said to L.Joe and answered the call. “Yeoboseyo?”

“YAH! I TEXTED YOU A LOT OF TIMES! WHERE ARE YOU?” Chunji shouted through the phone.

“I-I was doing s-something so I didn’t see your text.” You stuttered. 

“Anyways, meet me at the place where the driver dropped you off this morning. Hurry up or I’ll leave without you.”

“You can't– beeeeep.“ You said as Chunji ended the call. “Fine, just hang up on me.” You hissed, at the phone then realizing L.Joe was still there, looking at you.

 

You laughed sarcastically. “I’ve got to go, m-my friend is waiting for me.” You pointed towards the door while walking away.

“Oh, I’m going as well. I’ll walk you out of the school building.” L.Joe suggested and walked with you. "So was that your...boyfriend calling?"

"B-Boyfriend? No, I don't have a boyfriend yet." 

"Oh, I thought it was your boyfriend, since i heard a boy voice shouting through the phone." He pointed out.

"I-It was my... cousin, yes my cousin, he was shouting at me to hurry up cause i promised to take him to the Cinema." You lied.

"It was my fault cause i was talking to you, help me apologize to him."

"It's not your fault, my cousin won't mind.. he's a ...understanding person." You mumbled the last part. *aigoo... Chunji will be shouting at me when i see him*

 

You and L.Joe took your time walking out the school building and Chunji was calling you constantly to come quickly to the car, but you ignored the calls.

“Where’s your cousin?” L.Joe asked, looking left and right at the gate.

“H-He’s waiting for me round the corner of the street.” You smiled. “I’ll see you next time. Have a safe journey home, annyeong.”

“Okay. You too, have a safe journey home. Annyeong.” He beamed.

 

After you and L.Joe bid goodbye to each other, you quickly ran as fast as you could to where the driver dropped you off this morning. When you were only a few meters away you saw Chunji leaning on the car with his arms crossed while looking at you

“YAH PARK SOO YEON! WHAT TIME IS IT? I TOLD YOU TO HURRY UP AND THAT I’LL LEAVE WITHOUT YOU IF YOU WERE GOING TO BE LATE!” He Shouted.

“I’m sorry, I was doing something.” You panted. 

"Whatever you were doing, you were still late!" He shouted.

“But.. I’m not late, because you said you were leaving without me if I was late but you didn't leave so i'm not late at all.”

“Y-You!...” Chunji said speechlessly.

“Let’s go, we need to go home. Eomeoni is waiting for us.” You opened the car door and went in, leaving Chunji standing outside of the car in frustration.

*Aish, this g-girl is seriously annoying. Ugh why was i speechless when she answered back?!!!! AHH!* He screamed in his mind as he shut the car door hardly.

 

You and Chunji were really quiet, until he couldn't take the silence anymore so he decided to speak to you first.

He cleared his throat. “You see about the Girlfriend thing you asked me today at lunch time?” He said, looking out the window.

“Yeah?”

“Well I do have a girlfriend... her names Kim Sieun and under no circumstances should you tell your parents or my parents, you understand?” He ordered.

 

*I do have a girlfriend, her names Kim Sieun* Those words were repeating in your mind, you didn’t reply back to Chunji nor nod your head back to reply him. Somehow you felt a stung feeling in your heart when he told you that he has a girlfriend. You had never expected him to tell you that and you also hoped that he didn’t have a girlfriend and that everything Hee Rin said was a rumor.

“Hello? Do you understand?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter