Acknowledgments

Reply, First Love

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Acknowledgments

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

First and foremost, thank you. After a year and three months, I finally managed to complete this story, and most of you stayed, a lot of people joined, and I am humbled. Despite the earlier chapters being quite, well, not nicely written, people still subscribed whenever I updated, and I never really understood why, but thank you. For bearing with me. For enduring the grammar mistakes, the plot holes and the sometimes awkward structure of sentences (like this one, although it wasn't really a sentence). Thank you. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for walking with the characters.

 

 

 

 

Secondly, to the question that everyone is asking me:

 

 

What happened to Myungsoo?

 

 

Well, what happened to him? What happened to the Myungsoo in your life? What happened to the friend who suddenly stopped talking to you? Why did he/she leave? Why wouldn't they come back despite your efforts to reach them? Did they just disappear from the screen, leaving you the traces of their being? Did they move away? Did you have a fight? And do you regret the outcome? Do they regret it?

 

 

I know it's not wise to answer a question with more questions, but that's my answer. I hope you all understand what I'm trying to convey. (Sorry for being so vague...)

 

 

 

 

Thirdly, Lily, my senpai, the very definition of Senpai Noticed Me (hi!), asked the following questions:

 

1.Have you decided from the very beginning that Myungsoo, Woohyun, Suzy & other characters (who didn't receive a kind of “ending”) wouldn't appear as the story came to a close?

No. Honestly, I had an ending planned with Woohyun and Myungsoo joining Hara's wedding. Myungsoo was supposed to come with Sungyeol, and Woohyun would have appeared at the end. In general, everyone would have gathered at the wedding, Suzy and Dongwoo included, like an alumni reunion or something, but it didn't make sense to me. So I changed it. And I am quite satisfied with the change now.

 

2. We never got to hear Woohyun's (the first love's) reply. What's up with that?

It's funny that you are asking me this because in your earlier comment you said it gave the story a whole different meaning as I didn't tell you what I meant with the ending in an author's note, making you readers interpret for yourself. And I agree with you. It's better to let the readers think of an answer. I could just tell you, but I think it would be cooler if you told me ;)

 

3. Did you know exactly how this was going to end from the get-go, or did you improvise?

I improvised. A lot. At the beginning, I didn't even know Hoya would become Hana's best friend. I didn't know Myungsoo would end up leaving. I didn't know she would fall for Sunggyu. In fact, she was supposed to end with Woohyun, and regarding this point there would have been a sequel (omg!).

 

To be honest, I started this story on a whim, so there might be a lot of plot holes (definitely), and sometimes it might have seen as if the story was dragging. But it's hard to write the story your own way when the characters are at the front, trying to lead you. I don't know if you will be able to relate to this, but it's like Hana and the others are doing their own thing, using me as a medium to deliver their story. And because of that, I'm a bit surprised myself by the developments.

 

 

 

 

Fourthly, someone asked me whether I would create a pdf file for Reply, First Love, and I'm sorry to say this but the answer is no. It's just that I don't think the story is worth transcribing ;;

 

 

 

 

And lastly, there won't be a sequel, there won't be a bonus. Hana's story ends here. I did consider writing a few chapters in someone else's view, but I probably won't. The good news, though, is that I have left some hints in the last chapter behind, some hints for a future project.

 

 

 

 

And again, thank you. Thank you for your support and your love. Thank you for simply being there. Thank you. No amount of thanks could describe how much I owe you. How much you supported me, how long you waited for updates. I am sorry for all the inconveniences, but thank you.

 

Until another time <3

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________


● ○