Meant To Be

Without Knowing I Fell In Love With You (Like A Fool I Don't Know Anything Else But Love)

Min Ho: “You know we’ve never really had an official date since you agreed to be my girlfriend.”

Hye Sun: “Let’s do it. Let’s have a real date.”

SHOPPING CENTER

Min Ho: “Let’s have some red bean ice.”

Hye Sun: “Mmmm.”

Min Ho returns with two bowls of red bean ice.

Min Ho: “This is really good.’ Looks at Hye Sun and smiles. “Here let me get it.” Wipes away the sweet desert from Hye Sun’s mouth.”Cute, even when you eat you’re cute.”

Hye Sun: “Thanks, what do you want to do next?”

Min Ho: “Ehh how can you ask your boyfriend that…isn’t it suppose to be the guy asking his girlfriend what she wants to do next?”

Hye Sun: “I don’t really mind.”

Min Ho: “Since girls like shopping so why don’t we go do that.” Smiles and grabs Hye Sun’s hands.

Hye Sun’s Thoughts:
3 years ago it was my dreamt to be on a date with you Min Ho. For you to hold my hand like this.

Unknowingly Hyun Joong and Hye Ri are at the same shopping center.

Hye Ri: “I’m thirsty. Let’s get something to drink.”

Hyun Joong orders a drink and sits across Hye Ri.

Hye Ri: “You only got one.”

Hyun Joong: “I’m not thirsty.”

Hye Ri: “Here we can share mine.”

Hyun Joong; “I’m fine.”

Hye Ri: “Come on.”

Hyun Joong reluctantly takes a sip of Hye Ri’s drink and smiles.

Hye Ri: “I really like you Hyun Joong. Let’s create our own memories from now on.”

Meanwhile…

Min Ho: “Come on go try this on.”


Hye Sun: “Okay.” Hands Min Ho her purse and phone.

Min Ho looks at Hye Sun’s phone and realizes something. The charm he had given her for her birthday was no longer there. As Hye Sun undress in the fitting room she looks at herself in the mirror still wearing Hyun Joong’s necklace.

Hye Sun: “So how does it look?”

Min Ho: “Perfect. Let’s take it.”

Hye Sun: “I’ll go change now.”

Min Ho: “Okay. I have somewhere I want to take you after this.”

As Hyun Joong and Hye Ri stroll around they notice a pianist playing . After he is finished Hye Ri takes Hyun Joong by the hand and sits him next to her on the bench.

*****************************Song: Kim Hyun Joong – One More Time***************************

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiVxrfKFvNc

Hye Ri: “Hyun Joong. I have a question to ask you.”

Hyun Joong: “Huh?”

Hye Ri: “Why did you learn to play piano?”

Hyun Joong: “Because I liked you.”

Hye Ri: Smiling. “Can you play me a song now?”

Hyun Joong: “Ohh..okay.”

With every Hyun Joong can only think of Hye Sun.

Hyun Joong’s Thoughts:
Is this my punishment? I should have been happy I’m with Hye Ri, but I’m not. In the end Hye Ri was right, destiny is stronger than will. Although I don’t love Hye Ri, I’ll try my best from now on to be deserving of her. Maybe friendship will turn to appreciation, appreciation will turn to like, like will turn to love…..I wonder what Hye Sun is doing right now?

ICE SKATING RINK

Min Ho covers Hye Sun’s eyes.

Hye Sun: “Where are we? Give me a hint.”

Min Ho: Moves his hands. “We’re here. I thought you might like it here.”

Hye Sun: Looks at Min Ho. “Let’s go somewhere else please.”

Min Ho: “Why? Do you not like this place?”

Hye Sun: “Please lets just go.”

Min Ho nods and they walk around the rink. Hye Sun looks at the happy couples skating and remembers…

************************************FLASHBACK******************************************
Hyun Joong: “LEE MIN HO! You babo you really lost a great girl! I won’t let you have her!” Turns back and looks at Hye Sun. “Let’s date for real this time. Look at only me. Even in the future if Min Ho regrets his decision and comes looking for you I won’t give you up.”

Hyun Joong slowly approaches Hye Sun and kisses her Hye Sun closes her eyes as she accepts the kiss.
********************************END OF FLASHBACK**************************************
 
From the corner of his eye Min Ho can see Hye Sun’s tear.

Min Ho: “Sorry.”

Hye Sun: “For what?”

Min Ho: “For always causing you pain.”

Hye Sun: “Min Ho..you’re not.”

Min Ho: “It’s okay you don’t have to tell me anything.”

Hye Sun: “How about we go get some coffee?”

COFFEE SHOP

Min Ho: “Hye Sun, why did you take off your charm? The one I gave you.”

Hye Sun: “Remember that day I went on a date with Hyung Jun?”

Min Ho: “Yeah.”

Hye Sun: “I lost it at the lake. I’m sorry. I tired to tell you but I didn’t know how to.”

Min Ho: “So it was that long ago?”

Hye Sun: “I’m sorry. Are you mad?”

Min Ho: “Yes, at myself. It took me 3 years to notice something this important. I should be the one that’s apologizing.”

Hye Sun: “Lets forget what happened. I’ll go get you some cream for your coffee.”

Min Ho: “Okay.”

As Hye Sun walks away her necklace falls off without her noticing. Min Ho is about to call Hye Sun she dropped something but refrains as he gets a closer look at it.

**********************************FLASHBACK*******************************************
HYUN JOONG’S ROOM

Min Ho: Knocks. “Have you seen my favorite shirt around? I think mom might have put it in here.”

Hyun Joong quickly hides a drawing behind him.

Min Ho: “Hey what’s that?”

Hyun Joong: “Nothing. You’re shirt isn’t here. I got stuff to do now so can you leave me alone.”

Min Ho: “Hey is that any way to talk to you’re older brother?”

Hyun Joong: “Hey you can’t say that just so I’ll do what you want.”

Min Ho: “Just let me see.” Grabs the piece of paper. “What’s this?”

Hyun Joong; “Nothing give it back.”

Min Ho: “Isn’t this kind of gross for a guy to be doing this kind of stuff?”

Hyun Joong: “Shut up.”

Min Ho: Headlocks Hyun Joong.. “Hey I’m just playing. I’m sure she’ll like it.”

********************************END OF FLASHBACK**************************************

ART STUDIO

Hyun Joong: “You said you were finished with your project?”

Hye Ri: “Mmm…I’m sure I won’t get praised like yours but I wanted you to be the first to see it.”

Hye Ri uncovers the canvas. Hyun Joong is so awed he can’t even utter a word.

Hye Ri: “Do you know what place this is?”

Hyun Joong: “This..it’s where we first met.”

Hye Ri: “About the emotions that should go into the painting I finally understood what you meant.”

Hyun Joong: “It’s perfect. The colors, the …it’s like I’m back home.”

Hye Ri: “Does this mean I’ve finally moved you?”

Hyun Joong: Smling. “You’re really amazing Jeon Hye Ri.”

Hye Ri: “So know that I’ve moved the prodigy artist Kim Hyun Joong. There’s a promise he has to keep.”

Hyun Joong: “Promise?”

Hye Ri: “You said the day my art moved you was the day you would tell me why you accepted me as your student 3 years ago.”

Hyun Joong: “Umma.”

Hye Ri: “Umma?”

Hyun Joong: “That painting you showed me that day at school. Your style reminded me of my mother. She used to draw the same way you did. She was the reason I wanted to paint.”

Hye Ri: “We have something in common.”

Hyun Joong: “Huh?”

Hye Ri: “I choose to paint so I could feel closer to you…Can I look at your finished project?”

Hyun Joong: “Maybe another time lets go home.”

As Hyun Joong and Hye Ri walk to Hye Ri’s house they bump into Min Ho and Hye Sun.

Hye Ri: “Ohh...you two are on date too?”

Hye Sun: “Mmm…..” Looking dowm.

Hyun Joong glances at Hye Sun with a longing expression for her. From the corner of her eye Hye Ri can see it. It becomes awkward between the four of them. A strong breeze blows making Hye Sun shiver. Hyun Joong quickly takes off his coat and tries to put it on her.

Hye Sun: “It’s okay.”

Hyun Joong: “It’s not okay. You’re going to freeze to death.”

Hye Sun: “You shouldn’t waste your time worrying about me. You should be protecting your girlfriend not me.”

Min Ho: Takes of his coat and puts it over Hye Sun. “Here.”

Hye Sun: “But you’ll be cold now. You know how sensitive you are to cold weather.”

Min Ho: Smiling. “Even if I get sick it doesn’t matter as long as you’re okay.”

Hye Sun: “Thanks for taking care of me Min Ho. This it the way it should have been from the beginning. If Hyun Joong didn’t move away Hye Ri and Hyun Joong would already be together and you and me.”
 
Hyun Joong: Clenching his fist. “You’re right Hye Sun. And you are too Min Ho I should be protecting my girlfriend I hope you can protect yours too.”

Hye Ri: Grabs Hyun Joong’s arm. “It’s getting late. We should go.”

Hyun Joong: Indirectly looking at Hye Sun. “Ji Hye Sun. I hope you’ve found the happiness you’ve been looking for.”

Hye Sun: “The greatest happiness is one you don’t have to look for. So doest that answer your question?”

Min Ho and Hye Ri walk away with their loves. Both perfectly understanding Hye Sun and Hyun Joong’s hidden meanings.

Later that night…

LAKE

Min Ho: Sigh. “It’s been three years. It would be impossible to find that charm now. Even if I swam all night I’ll never find it…Is it that obvious you still has feelings for him? …. Like these two hearts is there no room for anyone else in Hye Sun’s heart other than an H?”

Min Ho is tempted to throw the necklace in the lake but can’t bring himself to do it.

SCHOOL

Quietly Hye Ri goes into Hyun Joong’s workspace and notices a covered canvas. She unveils it and as she stands back Hye Ri looks down, sighs and smiles.

Next Morning….

HYUN JOONG & MIN HO’S HOUSE (BASKETBALL COURT)

Min Ho: “It’s been how many years now? And you still can’t beat your Hyung at basketball?” Smirk.

Hyun Joong: “Maybe I’ve been letting you win all this time.” Trying to block Min Ho.

Min Ho: Laughs. “Doubtful.”

Hyun Joong: “How was your date last night?”

Min Ho: “My date? How do you think it went?” Smiling.

Hyun Joong: “You are the master of making girls for over heels. Whatever you want you get.”

Min Ho: Smirk. “You’re right I do.” Roughly pushes Hyun Joong. “And I’m not that little boy that’ll let you get away with anything either.”

Hyun Joong: Steals the basketball. “Just like I’m not someone who’ll give up on things or people easily anymore.” Shoots and scores.  

From far away Hyun Joong can see Hye Sun approaching them.

Min Ho: “ Since you’ve gotten better at basketball maybe I’ll stop going so easy on you.”

Hyun Joong: “I wont’ hold back either.”

Min Ho and Hyun Joong play intensively.

Min Ho’s Thoughts:
I’ve never seen my brother try so hard. No matter how much I try to stop him he passes me. What is Hyun Joong trying to prove?

Min Ho: Breathing heavily. “Okay you made your point. You’re good.”

Hyun Joong: “Not until I win.”

Min Ho: “No more.”

Hyun Joong: “Lets finish this now.”

Min Ho: “Joong enough.”

Hyun Joong: “If you walk away from this I’ll never call you hyung ever again.”

Min Ho: “Kim Hyun Joong! Don’t you think you’re acting immature? You’re not a little boy anymore. You’re hyung is willing to put up with a lot of your attitude but not this.”

Hyun Joong: “Some hyung you are.”
    
Min Ho: “What’s that suppose to mean?”

Hyun Joong: “You really want to know?”

Min Ho: “Yes! I want to know.”

Hyun Joong: Glances at Hye Sun. “Forget it.” Starts walking away.

Min Ho: “You’ll never be man if you keep running away like this.”

******************************Song: 2AM –Like A Fool***************************************

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=646JQ0pyi7c

With Min Ho’s last words, Hyun Joong can’t keep it in any longer and with the basketball in his hand he throws it at Min Ho’s face.

Hye Sun comes running to Min Ho’s side.

Hye Sun: “Ahh, you’re bleeding!!!”

Min Ho: “I’m okay.”

Hye Sun: “Don’t be a fool, you’re not alright.”

Hyun Joong stands there with a pitiful expression.

Hye Sun: Looking at Hyun Joong. “You really know how to tire a person.”

Hyun Joong: “I’m sorry…I’m sorry…” Runs away.

From afar Hye Ri witnesses the whole ordeal.