The True Colors Of Art

Without Knowing I Fell In Love With You (Like A Fool I Don't Know Anything Else But Love)

THE NEXT DAY (ART ROOM)

Teacher: “If you’re really interested in improving your skills as an artist you should spend sometime with Kim Hyun Joong, not only is he the best in the class but he’s ranked one of the top artist for his age in the country.”

Hye Ri: “Kim Hyun Joong?”

Teacher: “Do you know him?”

Hye Ri: “Mmm I had a run in with him before.”

Teacher: “Well then that’s great you two are already good classmates. I’ll give you his address if you want to talk with him personally.”

Hye Ri: Smiles. “Thanks.”

KIM HYUN JOONG’S HOME

Hye Ri: “This should be it.” Knocks on the door.

The door opens and to Hye Ri’s surprise it’s Min Ho.

Hye Ri: “YOU! What are you doing here?”

Min Ho: “Couldn’t resist could you? That’s why you came to find me all the way at my house to beg me for a date.” Smirk.

Hye Ri: “In your dreams! I’m looking for Kim Hyun Joong, but I guess I have the wrong address.”

Min Ho: “Kim Hyun Joong? He’s here.”

Hye Ri: “But why are you here?…I guess since your friends you would be here.”

Min Ho: “Do you want to talk to Hyun Joong or not?”

Hye Ri: “Just take me to him.”

Hye Ri comes inside the house. Min Ho leads Hye Ri to a room at the back of the house. Hye Ri is surpised by the large house Hyun Joong lives in.

Min Ho: “Hyun Joong you have a visitor.”

Hyun Joong is in the middle of mixing colors.

Hyun Joong: “Who is it?”

Hye Ri: “Hi Kim Hyun Joong sunbae.”

Hyun Joong: “Jeon Hye Ri?”

Hye Ri: “Sorry for coming unannounced, but I heard..”

Min Ho: “I’ll leave you two alone now.” Walks away.

Hye Ri: “uhh..I heard if I really wanted to know more about art and improve I should talk to you.”

Hyun Joong: “I’m sorry but I really don’t have the interest or time to teach you.”

Hye Ri: “I’m not asking you to teach me from the beginning. I’ve taken course before and painted since I was a child. All I would ask is to spend time just watching you and maybe ask a question or two.”

Hyun Joong: “I’m sorry for making you come down here, but my answer is still no.”

Hye Ri: “Please.” Gives a helpless look.

Hyun Joong: Sigh “Come here.” Hands Hye Ri a paint brush.

Hye Ri: “What do you want me to do?”

Hye Ri: “Mix these colors to make colors that match the sky and ocean.”

Hye Ri does what she is told. Hyun Joong intensely watches Hye Ri as she mixes the colors. Once Hye Ri is finished mixing colors she begins to paint on a blank canvas.

Hyun Joong: “Stop.”

Hye Ri: “Did I do something wrong?”

Hyun Joong: “You call yourself an artist? These colors….they’re dead, there’s no emotion. To me art isn’t about techniques, it isn’t about how good you can draw/paint, it isn’t about something you can watch and learn, its about colors. A painting isn’t art just because someone mixed colors and drew something. No…art is simple, it all begins and relies on the colors used. They set up the feel to the painting…if the colors are bland, and dull you’re painting isn’t art. So you see how do you expect me to teach you something from just watching me? You can go to all the classes you want and memorize techniques, but you’ll never be a true artist until you get this concept.”

Hye Ri remains silent trying to hold back her tears.

Hyun Joong: “I’m sorry Miss Jeon, but I’m not the person suited to be your teacher.”

Hye Ri: Smiles. “It’s okay. Thank you.” Begins to walk away.

Laughter can be heard from the next room.

Hye Sun: “Min Ho stop!” Laughs.

Min Ho: “Say it!”

Hye Sun: “Okay okay…oppa is strong and he’s the best!”

Min Ho stops tickling Hye Ri.

Min Ho: “See that’s all you had to say.” Smiles

Hye Sun: “Oh Jeon Hye Ri.”

Hye Ri: “Hi Ji Hye Sun.”

Hye Sun: “Do you want to play with us?”

Hyun Joong: “What is all this noise. I can’t concentrate.”

Hye Sun: “Play with us too Hyun Joong.”

Hyun Joong: “I’ll pass.”

~Phone rings~

Min Ho picks up the phone.

Min Ho: “Oh mom. Yeah..I’ll tell him..you want to talk to him? Okay hold on.” Gives the phone to Hyun Joong.

Hyun Joong: “Umma…Yes I know. Don’t worry just have a good trip with dad. Okay I’ll call you tomorrow.”

Hye Ri: “Umma?”

Min Ho: “Hmm?”

Hye Ri: “ You two are…”

Hyun Joong: “We’re what?”

Hye Ri: “Brothers?”

Both Min Ho and Hyun Joong nod.