First Love

Without Knowing I Fell In Love With You (Like A Fool I Don't Know Anything Else But Love)

MIN HO’S HOUSE

Min Ho: “What did you say?”

Hye Ri: “I’m leaving next week.”

Min Ho: “Do you have to?”

Hye Ri: Nods. “It’s my father’s one year memorial. It’ll just be a few days.”

Min Ho: Mumbling “….I’m going to miss you.”

Hye Ri: “I didn’t hear you. Say it again.”

Min Ho: Crosses his arms. “I already it said. I’m not saying it again.”

Hye Ri: Poking Min Ho: “Come on, say it.”

Min Ho: “I’m going to miss you! Ash! Okay.”

Hye Ri: Smiling. “Me too.”

Hyun Joong enters the room.

Hyun Joong: “What’s with the look on you face hyung?”

Min Ho: “Hye Ri is leaving for a few days.”

Hyun Joong: “Oh. Does that mean you’ll be going to your hometown?”

Hye Ri: Nods “Yeah it’s about an hour away from here.”

Hyun Joong: “Since Min Ho will probably be sulking around the house, why don’t we all go with you.”

Hye Ri: “What?”

Hyun Joong:  “Hye Sun, Min Ho and I can go with you. We’ve known each other for almost a year now. We should also pay our respects to your father.”

Min Ho: “Will that really be okay?”

Hye Ri: Smiling. “I’m sure my mom won’t mind.”


HYE RI’S HOMETOWN

CAR
Hyun Joong’s Thoughts:
Hye Ri, have you forgotten me completely already?

Min Ho: “Hyun Joong didn’t you say you used to live in this area too?”

Hyun Joong: “I lived in a lot of places….I don’t remember them all.”

Hye Ri: “Really Sunbae? We could have met before and never known.”

Hye Sun: “Thanks for inviting us along Hye Ri.”

Hye Ri: “I’m just glad Hyun Joong suggested it.”

HOTEL
Hye Ri: “My mom arrived last night so she should be around here somewhere.”

Min Ho: “About….” Scratching his head.

Hye Ri: “About what?”

Min Ho: “About the rooms. How should we split them up?”

Hye Ri: “I think my mom wants to be alone for this stay. It’s been really hard for her since my father passed away. I want to give her time to reflect and take in all the wonderful memories she had with my father.”

Hyun Joong: “You’re a good daughter Hye Ri.”

Hye Ri: “Hye Sun and I can share a room. You two boys can room together.”

The next day Hye Ri and her mother held a proper memorial ceremony. They privately honored Hye Ri’s father. Later that day Min Ho, Hye Sun, and Hyun Joong came by to pay their respects.

Hye Ri’s Mom: “Thank you for coming Lee Min Ho.”

Min Ho: Holding her hands. “I couldn’t let Hye Ri come alone.”

Hye Ri’s Mom: “You’re a good child, a good man, I hope you can take care of Hye Ri like this in the future. When I’m no longer around take care of her.”

Min Ho: “I will.”

Hye Ri: “What were you talking about with my mom?”

Min Ho: “Nothing. Lets go I’m curious what your life was like before meeting you.”
….
Hye Ri: “I used to come to this restaurant a lot with my parents.”

Min Ho: “Don’t tell me you were a chubby child?”

Hye Ri: “MIN HO!”

Min Ho: Smiling. “But you were probably still cute.”

Hyun Joong and Hye Sun trail behind listening to Hye Ri and Min Ho’s conversations.

Hye Ri: “Hey guys that’s were I used to go to school!”

Hye Sun: “Unni you must have really loved it there. You’re so excited.”

Hye Ri: “No it’s not so much the school it’s what’s near there?”

Min Ho: “What’s nearby?”

Hyun Joong’s Thoughts:
It can’t be she remembers…

Hye Ri: “There’s this play ground I used to come to a lot when I was little. I would spend hours playing here.”

Min Ho: “I wish around at that age to play with you.”

Hye Ri: “It’s okay. We’ve found each other now….Oppa.”

Min Ho: “Oppa? You’ve never called me Oppa before.” Smiles

Hye Ri: “I guess this place is making me softer than usual. Because I called you Oppa I want you to come push me on the swings.”

Min Ho: “I see how it is.”

Min Ho happily pushes Hye Ri on the swings. Hyun Joong and Hye Sun watch by the sidelines.

Hye Sun: “What’s wrong Hyun Joong? Why do you look so serious?”

Hyun Joong: “Nothing. I have to..” Walks away.

Hye Sun: “I wonder what’s up with him?” Sigh. “They look so happy. Do I even stand a chance?”

Hyun Joong walks by the tree he shared his first kiss with Hye Ri all those years ago.

Hyun Joong’s Thoughts:
(Touching the bark)
*************************************Flashback********************************************
Hyun Joong: “I promise I’ll wait for you.”

Hye Ri: “I promise I’ll come back and if you’re not here I’ll wait until you come.” Smiles. “Close your eyes oppa.”

Hyun Joong closes his eyes. She steps closer to him and lightly kisses Hyun Joong.
************************************End Flashback******************************************
(Crying) You remember this place so well, but you pass this tree as if nothing never happened and…and…you play with him where we once played.

Hye Ri: “Where’s Sunbae?”

Hye Sun: “He ran off.”

Min Ho: “What?” Pulls out his cell phone. “Hey Hyun Joong! Where are you?”

Hyun Joong: “I didn’t feel well I’m back at the hotel.”

Min Ho: “Oh okay.”

Hye Sun: “Where is he?”

Min Ho: “He said he didn’t feel well and went back to the hotel.”

Hye Sun: “I should probably head back and check up on him.”

Min Ho: “We’ll go with you.”

Hye Ri: “What?”

Min Ho: “I don’t want Hye Sun to go alone. She isn’t familiar with this place.”

Hye Sun looks at Hye Ri’s pitiful expression.

Hye Sun: “It’s okay I can go back by myself. I know the way.”

Min Ho: “Are you sure?”

Hye Sun: Nods. “Don’t you trust me Oppa?”

Min Ho: “Okay just call me when you get there.”

Min Ho and Hye Ri sit down on the swings after Hye Sun leaves.

Hye Ri: “I want to show you something Lee Min Ho.” Takes him by the hand.

Min Ho: “Where are we going?”

Hye Ri: Pointing down. “Here.”

Min Ho: “I don’t understand.”

Hye Ri: “Do you see this tree?”

Min Ho: Nods. “And?”

Hye Ri: “I had my first kiss.”

Min Ho: “Kiss?”

Hye Ri: “This is where I had my first kiss with my first love.”

Min Ho: “Ehh why are you showing me where another man kissed you?”

Hye Ri: Laughing. “I was 5.”

Min Ho: “So does that mean you’ve forgotten him already?”

Hye Ri: “It’s more like he forgot about me. This might sound foolish to you but I waited for him a long time. I was still waiting for him when we first met.”

Min Ho stands there silent with an uncomfortable look on his face.

Hye Ri: “That’s why I was so hesitant to accept you, but little by little I felt it was time to give up that first love and accept your love.”

Min Ho: “Does that mean you only love me now?”

Hye Ri: Smiles. “Let’s go eat I’m hungry.”

Min Ho: Grabs her hand. “Please tell me.”

Hye Ri: “I love you Lee Min Ho.” Embraces him.

Min Ho: “What if he does come back?”

Hye Ri: “He won’t.”

Nearby Hyun Joong witnesses the whole thing.

******************************HYUN JOONG’S FLASHBACK********************************
A five year old Hyun Joong is crying in the car.

Hyun Joong: “DADDY STOP! I don’t want to go! I want to stay!”

The car passes the park.

Hyun Joong: “I can’t leave! I promise I would come back!”

Mr. Kim: “I’m sorry son but we can’t stay here. We have to start again. Your Umma’s last wish was we would star over…far far away from here.”

Hyun Joong: “Umma!”
**********************************END FLASHBACK***************************************

*****************************Song: Hye Ri Park: To A Stranger*********************************
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFjKJc-Sn-w
********************************HYE RI’S FLASHBACK*************************************
Age 5
Hye Sun: “Oppa! Where are you?”

Day after day Hye Ri would come over and over but that little boy she met would never be there

Age 9
Hye Sun: “It’s so boring without you Oppa.”

Age 13
Hye Sun: “If you were here Oppa, we could be a couple. Except for me all my friends already have boyfriends. If it can’t be you it can’t be anyone else.”

Age 16:
Hye Sun: “Does true love exist? I’ve been in love with one boy since I was 5. It’s been over 10 years and he’s still not by my side. I wish you would come back Oppa. It doesn’t matter why you never came but come back now. I won’t be mad I just want us to be together again. I wonder what you look like now. You’re probably very handsome now. I hope you still think about me…
**********************************END FLASHBACK***************************************