As Opposite As Day And Night

Without Knowing I Fell In Love With You (Like A Fool I Don't Know Anything Else But Love)

HYE RI’S BEDROOM

Hye Ri: “Brothers?…How can those two even be related?”

ART ROOM

Hye Ri stays to paint even after the sun sets. She is determined to prove to Hyun Joong her talents as an artist.

~Door Opens~

Hye Ri looks at the door and finds Hyun Joong standing there.

Hye Ri: “Hyun Joong sunbae.”

Hyun Joong: “I just came to get a few things I forgot earlier today.” Takes a few paintbrushes and colors and puts them in his bag.

Hye Ri: “Sunbae…I…”

Hyun Joong: “What is it Jeon Hye Ri.”

Hye Ri: “Please just call me Hye Ri.”

Hyun Joong: Nods. “Sure.”

Hye Ri: “Do you mind looking at my piece tomorrow morning and tell me what you think.”

Hyun Joong: “I don’t know if I’ll have time” Looks at Hye Ri’s hurt facial expression “…butI’ll see.”

Hye Ri: “Thank you.”

THE NEXT DAY...

Hye Ri enthusiastically arrives at the art room.

Hye Ri: “Sunbae….”

Hyun Joong: “Mondays and Fridays after school.”

Hye Ri: “Mondays and Fridays?”

Hyun Joong: “That’s when you can come and watch me at my house. But you can’t tell anyone about this or I won’t help you.”

Hye Ri: Smiles. “I won’t…Thank You! Thank You!”

Hyun Joong: “I’m going to be late to class.”

Hye Ri sits in class with a smile on. Min Ho thinks she’s acting a little too happy, and starts to think she’s plotting some sort of revenge against him. Class ends and Hye Ri rushes to the art room to paint a new piece. To her surprise she finds Hyun Joong and Hye Sun talking and laughing.


Hye Ri: “Hyun Joong Sunbae is here today.”

Yoo Kyung: “Yeah he’s rarely here when everyone else is. He only comes to meetings and when he is here Hye Sun by his side.”

Hye Ri: “Are they together?”

Han Yoo Kyung: “Hye Sun and Hyun Joong? You’re new so you still don’t know much do you?”

Hye Ri: Shakes her head. “All I know is sunbae and that brat Lee Min Ho are somehow brothers and Hye Sun is their friend.”

Yoo Kyung: “Its true. Lee Min Ho and Kim Hyun Joong are brothers.”

Hye Ri: “But they don’t have the same last name…was that brat Lee Min Ho conceived out of the marriage or something?”

Yoo Kyung: Laughs “No..it’s not like that….all we know is Kim Hyun Joong and Lee Min Ho’s parents got remarried when they were little. They’re actually stepbrothers, but they don’t show it. Kim Hyun Joong and Lee Min Ho treat each other like real brothers their even closer than the real thing. They both grew up with Hye Sun, but they’ve never dated her.”

Hye Ri: “Oh so that’s how it is….But how do they even get along? They’re so different. Hyun Joong is so quiet and on the other hand that bratty Lee Min Ho is ashh he drives me crazy!”

Yoo Kyung: “Acutally Lee Min Ho is very much liked. Hyun Joong is the one that is unapproachable. Their are as oppiste as day and night.”

Hye Ri: “If he’s so unapproachable why do people still treat him so nicely and never pick on him.”

Yoo Kyung: “He’s Lee Min Ho’s little brother. No one dares to pick on him….no one even dares to pick on Hye Sun either….once you’re associated with Lee Min Ho you’re set.”

Hye Ri: “What’s so great about that Lee Min Ho anyways?”

Yoo Kyung: “I can’t really say…he’s kind, good looking, be careful you might find yourself falling for him too.” Smiles

Hye Ri: Laughs. “I doubt it. You know a lot about Lee Min Ho and Kim Hyun Joong…I’m Jeon Hye Ri.”

Han Yoo Kyung: “I’m Han Yoo Kyung…but you can just call me Yoo Kyung.”

Hye Ri: “So what else can you tell me?”

Yoo Kyng: “Well Hyun Joong is pretty private especially when it comes to his work. A lot of classmates have tried to ask him for pointers and to watch him paint, but he always refuses.”

Hye Ri: “He always refuses?”

Yoo Kyung: “Yeah he says art isn’t something you can learn and he doesn’t have any interest to teach people that are just looking to improve on techniques. Oh I heard the teacher said you should ask Hyun Joong for pointers.”

***********HYE RI’S FLASHBACK***********
Hyun Joong: “Mondays and Fridays after school.”

Hye Ri: “Mondays and Fridays?”

Hyun Joong: “That’s when you can come and watch me at my house. But you can’t tell anyone about this or I won’t help you.”

***********************END FLASHBACK************************

Hye Ri: “Uhh yeah…but thanks for letting me know it saves me the embarrassment.”

Yoo Kyung: “Sure, I’ll talk to you later, bye.”

MIN HO’S BEDROOM

************************FLASHBACK***************************
Hyun Joong: “You call yourself an artist? These colors….they’re dead, there’s no emotion. To me art isn’t about techniques, it isn’t about how good you can draw/paint, it isn’t about something you can watch and learn, its about colors. A painting isn’t art just because someone mixed colors and drew something. No…art is simple, it all begins and relies on the colors used. They set up the feel to the painting…if the colors are bland, and dull you’re painting isn’t art. So you see how do you expect me to teach you something from just watching me? You can go to all the classes you want and memorize techniques, but you’ll never be a true artist until you get this concept.”

Min Ho watches Hye Ri expression as she tries to hold back her tears when Hyun Joong tears her dream apart.
*********************END FLASHBACK**************************

Min Ho’s Thoughts:
Her eyes were so sad. Is it possible that little miss princess can let someone bring her down like that? She tries to put a though act, but deep inside she feels hurt when she hears cold words coming from Hyun Joong’s mouth.

Now that I think of it, she’s actually quite cute. Maybe after I take her out on a date and we fight a little she’ll be happy again.

Miss Jeon! Watch out, my mission starting today is to get Jeon Hye Ri!

************************************************************
If your kind enough please leave a comment to let me know what you think of the story so far? =) Thanks for giving the story a try.

***********************************************************