Letting Go...Regaining A Small Piece Of Happiness

Without Knowing I Fell In Love With You (Like A Fool I Don't Know Anything Else But Love)

HYE RI’S HOUSE

~knock knock knock~

Hye Ri opens the door. She finds a man standing there with flowers.

Hye Ri: “Can I help you?”

Man: “I’m here to deliver these to Jeon Hye Ri.” Gives Hye Ri the flowers

Hye Ri: “Thank You.”

Closes door.

Attached to the flowers there is a note.
“Meet me at 8pm tonight at Downtown Park.” –Lee Min Ho

Hye Ri’s Thoughts:
Lee Min Ho are you really not going to give up?

8PM Downtown Park……
Hye Ri arrives at the park, but it’s too dark to see anything.

Hye Ri: “Lee Min Ho.”

A burst of lights turn on. The pavilion of the park is covered with lights and in the middle there is a candle light dinner.

****************************Song: Shinee: Stand By Me***************************************
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N72sYd8IR4

Min Ho: Smiling. “Come on.” Grabs Hye Ri’s arm and takes her to the pavilion.

Hye Ri: “Lee Min Ho. Did you do this?”

Min Ho: “Mmm…do you like it?”

Hye Ri: Sigh. “You shouldn’t have.”

Min Ho: “I wanted to, so don’t make a big deal about it.”

Hye Ri: “No you shouldn’t have because I didn’t come here for a date.”

Min Ho: Smirk. “I knew it wouldn’t be these easy to convince you, so I didn’t expect you to go along with it from the beginning.”

Hye Ri: Looks at Min Ho. “I can only offer you friendship Lee Min Ho.”

Min Ho: “Anything you offer I’ll take it” Smiles…”But I won’t give up hope someday you’ll accept my feelings.”

Hye Ri: “Lee Min Ho!”

Min Ho: “You look cute when you get mad. Come here. Take a seat.”

Min Ho makes Hye Ri sit down. On the table there’s a variety of Hye Ri’s favorite dishes.

Hye Ri: Looking at Min Ho. “How did you know?”

Min Ho: Smiling. “You ask too many questions…but if you must know I asked your umma.”

Hye Ri: “Umma?”

Min Ho: “I came by your house when you weren’t there. Your mom was so happy to see such a handsome guy looking for her daughter that she told me everything.”

Hye Ri: “Why you…shhh”

Min Ho:”Quit getting mad and eat.”

Min Ho picks up a piece of pickled vegetable with his chop sticks, and brings it close to Hye Ri’s mouth.

Hye Ri: “Ehhey..did I ask to eat this?”

Min Ho: Gives a pout…”please.”

Hye Ri: Sigh. “Just one bite.”

Min Ho: “How is it?”

Hye Ri: “It’s not too bad.”

Min Ho: “Eat some more.”

Hye Ri: “I’m not hungry!” stomach growls.

Min Ho: “Laughs. “Why is it when you try to lie your stomach always gives you away?”

Hye Ri: Flustered. “I…”

Min Ho stands up and sits Hye Ri down again.

Hye Ri: “Fine I’ll stay for a little bit…but just as friends. This is not a date.”

Min Ho smiles and nods.

Hye Ri and Min Ho quietly share a candle light dinner. Min Ho doesn’t say much just smiles and stares at Hye Ri.

Hye Ri: “Thanks for dinner. I’m going home now.”

Min Ho: “Don’t go yet you’ll miss the best part.”

Hye Ri: “Best part?”

Min Ho: “Come on.” Grabs Hye Ri’s hand.

Hye Ri’s Thought’s:
Why is it I always end up doing what Min Ho wants? It’s so hard to fight him off….that I even question myself if I can.

Min Ho lets go of Hye Ri’s hand. Min Ho lights up small fireworks and stands back by Hye Ri’s side to watch them in the sky.

Min Ho: “Wow..look at that one.”

A very loud firework goes off.

Hye Ri: “Ahh.” Tightly holds onto Min Ho.

Min Ho smiles as he holds onto Hye Ri.

Next day at school…

Hye Ri arrives to her classroom, but doesn’t see Min Ho.

Hye Ri’s Thoughts:
Where could this kid be? He didn’t show up to class. Maybe he’s finally giving up.

The homeroom teacher begins class.

Boy: “Look over there. Isn’t that Lee Min Ho?”

Girl: “Oh..it is oppa. What is he doing?”

Girl: “It looks like he’s going to hang a large banner.”

All the students in the class and others from other class rush to window.

************************************On the banner******************************************
JI HYE RI (CLASS 3B), WILL YOU GO ON A DATE WITH LEE MIN HO. I’LL STAND AT THE TOP OF THIS ROOFTOP UNTIL YOU ACCEPT.

The homeroom sees Min Ho and opens the window and shouts.

Ms. Park: “Lee Min Ho! Get down here this instant!”

Min Ho: “Sorry Ms. Park I can’t do that. Not until Ji Hye Ri aggress to go on a date with me.”

Girl: “Oppa you’re going to get in trouble, come down!”

Boy: “Min Ho you’re crazy bro!”

Girl: “I’m so jealous I wish I was the one oppa asked for a date. Ji Hye Ri is so lucky!”

Girl: “I can’t believe our oppa is risking getting in trouble over her.”

Boy: “Assh I wanted to ask out Ji Hye Ri first.”

Ms. Park: “Lee Min Ho I give you 1 minute to get down here now!”

Min Ho: “I’m sorry Ms. Park, but my feelings for Ji Hye Ri are stronger than anything right now. So If I cause you any trouble I’m sorry I’ll accept the consequences.”

Girl: “Oppa is really going to get in to trouble…..HEY JI HYE RI you need to hurry up, and accept oppa’s feelings!”

Hye Ri: “I’m sorry, but I this matter doesn’t concern you.”

Girl: Hey! You think anyone here wants you to date Lee Min Ho?! We don’t! If you won’t accept oppa’s feeling then you better do something to help him. If anything happens to oppa because of you then you’ll have to deal with us.”

Hye Ri walks towards the window.

Hye Ri: “HEY LEE MIN HO! You babo get down from there now!”

Min Ho: “Not until you go out with me.”

Hye Ri: “Lee Min Ho. You already know my answer.”

Min Ho: “Then I’ll stay up here until you give me a new answer.”

Boy: “Hyung, what if you have to go to the bathroom?”

Min Ho: “Then I’ll just have to go up here.”

Ms. Park: “Lee Min Ho, quit uttering crazy things and get down here!”

Ms. Park: Turning to Hye Ri. “Please Jeon Hye Ri, if Lee Min Ho doesn’t come down I’m going have to report this to the principal. I know Min Ho is a good kid, and I don’t want him to get in any trouble. For the sake of Lee Min Ho could you please talk to him.”

Hye Ri: Sigh. “Lee Min Ho! Listen. If you come down right now we can talk.”

Min Ho: “This that mean you accept to go out with me?”

Hye Ri: “…….Yes.”

Min Ho: Smiling. “I’ll be down there soon! Wait for me.”

Ms. Park: “Thank you Jie Hye Ri. I’ll give you a few minutes so you can talk to Lee Min Ho, but after that you two come straight to class.”

Hye Ri: “Yes.”

Hye Ri steps outside the classroom and waits for Min Ho in the school gardens.

Min Ho: “Hye Ri!” Waves hand.

Hye Ri: “Ashh..why you…that was so embarrassing Lee Min Ho. You could’ve gotten hurt or even in a lot trouble with the principal.”

Min Ho: Smiles. “So you care that if something happens to me?”

Hye Ri: “Don’t misinterpret what I’ve said. We’re friends so of course I don’t want anything happening to you.”

Min Ho: “Mhmm, we’re friends, but you accept to go out with me, soo..”

Hye Ri: “I accepted one date. That’s it.”

Min Ho: “That’s all I need to prove my feelings for you are sincere.”

Hye Ri: “Lee Min Ho let me makes this clear. I accepted this one date as a favor to the class, and to keep you out of trouble.”

Min Ho: “I know, so I’ll work extra hard. How does tonight sound?”

Hye Ri: “It’s fine. Where do you want me to meet you?”

Min Ho: “No need I’ll pick you up.”

Hye Ri: Sigh. “Fine.”

Later that night……….

~Knock Knock Knock~

Hye Ri’s Mom: “Lee Min Ho.”

Min Ho: Smiling. “Hi Mrs. Kim, I’m here to pick up Hye Ri.”

Hye Ri’s Mom: “Come in child.”

Min Ho: “Thank you. Is Hye Ri ready?”

Hye Ri’s Mom: “I’ll go get her for you. Make yourself at home.”

Hye Ri’s Mom walks down the hallway.

A few minutes pass and finally Hye Ri comes out. She is dressed in a cute skirt and blouse.

Hye Ri: “Lets go.”

Min Ho: “You look cute.”

Hye Ri: “I look like this everyday. We can leave now.”

Min Ho: “After you. Thank you Mrs. Kim, I promise to bring her back not too late.”

Min Ho and Hye Ri walk outside to Min Ho’s car. He opens the door for her. Insider her seat there is a single flower and a little bear dressed in a suit.

Hye Ri: “Min Ho.”

Min Ho: “Those are for you. I hope you like them.”

Hye Ri: “They’re… fine.”

Min Ho gets in the car and drives off.

Hye Ri: “Where are we going?”

Min Ho: “It’s a surprise.”

30 minutes pass Hye Ri starts to get anxious where Min Ho is taking her. Finally the car stops.

Hye Ri: “Where are we?”

***************************Song: Park Hye Ri: Stranger Sun **********************************
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFjKJc-Sn-w

Min Ho: “Your mother said you used to love coming to this beach with your father to watch the sunset and listen to waves crash at night. I’m sorry we missed the sunset, I hope I have another chance to come here with you so we can watch it together.”

Hye Ri: “We used to live over there, but after my” With a sad expression “….my father passed away, we moved to the city.”

Min Ho: “I’m sorry, I heard your father passed away only a few months ago. At least you spend 17 years with him, that’s more than some people spend with their fathers. In a way you were lucky Hye Ri.”

Hye Ri: “Lucky?! You think I was lucky Min Ho?! My father is dead! I’ll never get to see him again! He’ll never get to walk me down the aisle on my wedding day, he’ll never get to meet his grandchildren, we’ll never be together again!”

Tears being to stream down Hye Ri’s face.

Min Ho: With a tear in his eye. “Hye Ri I didn’t mean to make you cry.”

Hye Ri: “When do you ever care about what anyone else wants besides yourself?!”

Hye Ri hits Min Ho’s chest repeatedly.

Min Ho: “If hitting me will make you feel better than hit me all you want.”

Hye Ri: “I miss him so much!”

Min Ho embraces Hye Ri and comforts her in his arms.

Min Ho: “Cry…cry until there’s nothing left.”

Hye Ri lets Min Ho embrace her for several minutes.

Hye Ri: “I’m sorry.”

Min Ho: “Don’t be. I brought you here so you can remember all the wonderful memories with your father. I didn’t think this would hurt you. I’m sorry I wasn’t thinking, you were right I always think about myself.”

Hye Ri: “No, I was wrong Min Ho. So forgive me.”

Min Ho: “It’s okay I can understand how you feel. The reason why I said you were lucky is because my father left me when I was 6. Not because he died, but because he abandoned my mother and me for another woman.”

Hye Ri: “Min Ho……I don’t understand. What about the man you’re with in all the photos at your house? I thought he was your father. I know you and Hyun Joong’s sunbae’s parent remarried, but I thought that man was your father since you two seem to have a close relationship.”

Min Ho: “That’s Hyun Joong’s father. He’s been a good father to me. I never thought I missed anything because of that man. I sometimes even feel closer to him than my mom. But the fact that my own biological father abandoned my mom and me because he didn’t love us enough hurts, it hurts more than anything.”

Hye Ri begins to feel bad for yelling at Min Ho for not understanding, when all along he was right. She was lucky to have had her father for so long, while Min Ho was abandon by his. Hye Ri reaches for Min Ho’s hand and holds it.

Min Ho: “Tonight I was suppose to show you my sincere feelings, but I’ve only seem to hurt you.”

Hye Ri: “Don’t say that Min Ho…Since we’re already here I have an idea.”

Hye Ri begins to write something on the sand.

Min Ho: “What are you writing?”

Hye Ri: “Come over here!”

On the sand Hye Ri wrote:
Dad you left us, you left a void in mom’s and my heart. Please watch over us in heaven, and may we able to be happy again. <3 Love your daughter Jeon Hye Ri.

Hye Ri: “My dad and I used to do this. When something happened that us that we wanted to get out of our hearts we would write it in the sand. Next to that we would write something we wished would happen to heal that hurt in our hearts. Once it was written we would watch the waves wash it away.” Hands Min Ho a stick. “Here, try it.”

Min Ho smiles and takes the stick. In the sand he writes:
Dad, you left mom and me. I hated you, but missed you so much when you left us. I hated the man you became. I never wanted to become that man. I even made a vow to stop myself from being like you. I don’t want to hate you anymore. I want to live my life for myself now even if it means breaking my own promise. I hope I can never cause the pain you’ve cause us to the people I love. Goodbye. Lee Min Ho

Hye Ri: “Does that make you feel better?”

Min Ho: Sigh. “Yes.” Smiles.

Hye Ri: “So what else was planned on this big date of yours?”

Min Ho: “Forget it….I have a better idea.” Grabs Hye Ri’s hand.

***********************************************************
(WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS!)/Please skip if you want to find out yourself by reading the next chapter.)

PREVIEW:


"I was wrong about Lee Min Ho...I think I'm starting to fall in love with him...."

“As of last night Ji Hye Ri and I, Lee Min Ho are..."

“Do you know what it means to truly love someone Hyun Joong?”

"For eternity..." Kissing Hye Sun's hair.

"ARGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!" *break*

"LEAVE!"
*******************************************************