Sleeping With My Best Friend

Without Knowing I Fell In Love With You (Like A Fool I Don't Know Anything Else But Love)

Hye Ri: “A trip?”

Min Ho: “Mmm..Hye Sun and I have auditions to a prestigious music/arts school. If all goes we’ll be admitted to the winter term. We’ve already applied to some other schools, but this one is the best conservatory in Korea.”

Hyun Joong: “I remember Hye Sun telling me about this a while back.”

Hye Sun: “Yeah I did. You even helped me select the music.”

Hyun Joong: “Music?”

Hye Sun: “Remember when I played you a piece I told you I had arranged?”

Hyun Joong: “Yes.”

Hye Sun: “I’ve finished it. I’m using that piece for my audition.”

Hye Ri: “Oh wow. Hye Sun you’re amazing!”

Min Ho: “Hey you’re making look bad here.”

Hye Ri: “Why? Did you not write your own piece?”

Min Ho: “I don’t like composing music I just play it.”

Hyun Joong: “Spoken like a true babo after he's been shown up by his little sister.” Laughs.

Min Ho: “It’s not funny.”

Hye Ri: “So how long will you two be gone?”

Min Ho: “3 days.”

Hye Ri: “Why 3 days?”

Hye Sun: “They really want a thorough review of our skills so it will have to take 3 days.”

Hyun Joon: “I’ll be cheering you on Hye Sun. Fighting! You can do it princess….oh and I guess you can pass too Hyung.”

Hye Ri: Smiling. “I know you can pass too Min Ho.”

The next day….

Hye Ri: “Is this good Sunbae?”

Hyun Joong: “The colors aren’t bright enough for this theme. Let me show you one of my paintings.”

Hye Ri: “Okay…..Sunbae, what do you plan to do after graduation.”

Hyun Joong: “Why do you ask?”

Hye Ri: “Min Ho and Hye Sun are going to follow their dreams, they’re going to continue with music. On the other hand I still don’t if I should pursue painting. I suppose Sunbae is going to an art school after graduation.”

Hyun Joong: “I’ve received some offers to study abroad and a lot of art schools in Korea, but I still don’t know.”

Hye Ri: “Sunbae.”

Hyun Joong: “I think you could really become a great artist one day if you wanted to.”

Hye Ri: “It’s funny hearing you say that to me.”

Hyun Joong: “Why?”

Hye Ri: “Don’t you remember what you said before?”

******************************HYE RI’S FLASHBACK************************************
Hyun Joong: “You call yourself an artist? These colors….they’re dead, there’s no emotion. To me art isn’t about techniques, it isn’t about how good you can draw/paint, it isn’t about something you can watch and learn, its about colors. A painting isn’t art just because someone mixed colors and drew something. No…art is simple, it all begins and relies on the colors used. They set up the feel to the painting…if the colors are bland, and dull you’re painting isn’t art. So you see how do you expect me to teach you something from just watching me? You can go to all the classes you want and memorize techniques, but you’ll never be a true artist until you get this concept.”
********************************END FLASHBACK*****************************************

Hyun Joong: Smiling. “That was then. I’m sorry I said those things to you. Before you I’ve never took any interest in helping anyone but myself.”

Hye Ri: “Why did you say yes that day when you were so against teaching me? I’ve always wanted to ask you.”

Hyun Joong: Smiling. “When you finally paint a piece that truly moves me, I’ll tell you. Until that day comes, you can keep wondering.”

Hye Ri: “There’s so much I still don’t know about Sunbae. So much he keeps to himself.”

Hyun Joong: “..There’s an exhibition at the gallery downtown would you like to go with me?”

Hye Ri: Nods. “Of course.”

DOWNTOWN GALLERY
Hye Ri: “I really like this one Sunbae.”

Hyun Joong: “Really? It’s by my favorite artist.”

Hye Ri: Smiles. “Do you think Min Ho and Hye Ri got to their hotel safe?”

Hyun Joong: “I’m sure they did. They’ll call if anything happens.”

Hye Ri: “It’s kind of weird they’re on a trip alone.”

Hyun Joong: “Are you afraid something will happen?”

Hye Ri: “No…I guess I’m just a little jealous. I really wanted to take a trip with Min Ho just the two of us.”

Hyun Joong: “We should take a trip together….The four of us.”

Hye Ri: “I hope we can.”

HOTEL
Min Ho: “We have reservations.”

Man: “Names?”

Min Ho: “Lee Min Ho and Ji Hye Sun.”

Man: “Ah  yes. Please come this way someone will be along to take your bags.”

Min Ho: Stretching his arms. “Ahh..the train ride was long.”

Hye Sun: Yawn. “Mhmm.I just want to get some sleep now.”

A man comes and places their bags on a cart.

Man: “Here we are. Suite 719.”

Hye Sun: “Suite?”

Man: Opens the door. “This is the best room we have on this floor. You were quite lucky to get this room. I hope you and your girlfriend will enjoy your stay.”

Min Ho: “Wait..it’s not what you think. I asked for a suite with two rooms. This one only has one bed.”

Man: “I’m sorry but it says your reservations was for a honeymoon suite.”

Min Ho: Blushing. “What honeymoon suite?! I asked for a nice suite with two rooms!”

Man: “My apologizes sir. I’ll go check on it.”

Min Ho: “Ashhh I can’t believe they messed up our reservations.”

Hye Sun: “Don’t worry they’ll fix it.” Nervous look.

Man: “Our apologizes sir, the mistake was made by us. Your stay will be free of charge.”

Min Ho: “I don’t care if it’s free or not just please get me what I’ve asked for.”

Man: “I’m sorry, but we’re completely booked for the rest of the week. This is the only room we can offer you.”

Hye Sun: “What?!”

Min Ho: Sigh. “I guess this will have to do.” Closes the door.

Hye Sun: “We could go look for another hotel.”

Min Ho: “It’s too late we have auditions tomorrow morning. We should stay put here for the rest of our stay.”

Hye Sun: “You mean in the same room?”

Min Ho: “It’s not like we haven’t slept on the same bed before.”

Hye Sun: “But that was when we were 7. This is different.”

Min Ho: “How?”

Hye Sun: “What about Hyun Joong and Hye Ri?”

Min Ho: Smiling. “We’ve known each other for a such a long time now. It’s not like anything could happen if we slept on the same bed. Hye Ri and Hyun Joong understand this.”

Hye Sun: “Still…you belong to Hye Ri and I…I belong to Hyun Joong now.”

Min Ho: “Hye Sun. Do you trust me?”

Hye Sun: Nods. “Always.”

Min Ho: “Than please believe when I say nothing will ever happen on this bed.”

Hye Sun: “I believe in you.”

Meanwhile….

Hye Sun: “It’s getting late Sunbae should we go home now?”

Hyun Joong: “Whoa..it’s 11 pm already? How long have we been here?”

Hye Sun: “Lets go before they close.”

Hyun Joong and Hye Sun walk downstairs to the exit door but it doesn’t open. They look around but no one is there.

Hyun Joong: “Hello?!”

Hye Ri: “Is anyone here?”

Hyun Joong runs upstairs again but there’s no sign of anyone.

Hye Ri: “What are we going to do Sunbae? It looks like we’re the only ones here.”

Hyun Joong: “This can’t be! We’re locked in!”

Hye Ri: “When will someone come?”

Hyun Joong: “I don’t know.”

Hye Ri: “We can’t stay here for the night. Where will we sleep?”

Hyun Joong: “Let’s see if there’s anyone upstairs.

Hyun Joong and Hye Ri reach the upstairs curator’s office. There they find a phone. Hyun Joong picks it up but there’s no dial tone.

Hyun Joong: “It looks like they haven’t set up their telephone.

Hye Ri: “Didn’t you bring your cell phone Sunbae?”

Hyun Joong: “I left it charging. What about you?”

Hye Ri: “Mine is dead.”

Hyun Joong: “Great. I guess will have to find a place to sleep for the night.”

Hye Ri: “Here? But where?”

Hyun Joong enters the room next door.

Hyun Joong: “Hye Ri. There’s a couch in here.”

Hye Ri: “Really? Wait…there’s only one.”

Hyun Joong: “It’s okay I can sleep on the floor.”

Hye Ri: “But Sunbae. The floor is cold. You’ll get sick.”

Hyun Joong: We both won’t be able to sleep on that couch.”

Hye Ri: “Wait. I know.”

Hye Ri examines the couch and figures out it’s a pull out couch.”

Hyun Joong: “Whoa..there’s even sheets in there.”

Hye Ri: “Sorry no pillows but at least we can both sleep on a bed.”

Hyun Joong: “Both?”

Hye Ri: “Sunbae, you're practically my best friend besides Min Ho. Don't worry its okay."

Hye Ri and Hyun Joong lay on the bed awkwardly.

Hye Ri: “Good night sunbae.”

Hyun Joong: “Good night.”

Hyun Joong’s Thoughts:
Best friend? Ashh! I don't want to be just your friend! We were more than that beofre him. So how can I lay next to you like this and only see you as a friend?

Stop thinking what you’re thinking Hyun Joong. When Lee Min Ho and Jeon Hye Ri are no longer together..then you can be with her…that day will come when you can “be together”, but for now you can't....this night is testing me to my limits.


Min Ho takes a shower while Hye Sun unpacks. She carefully hangs up Min Ho’s shirts and dress pants.

Min Ho: Comes out of the shower without a shirt on. “Okay your turn Hye Sun.”

Hye Sun enters the bathroom.

Hye Sun’s Thoughts:
This is too cruel! How can destiny put me in this kind of situation? What if I lose control tonight? Did Min Ho really mean nothing could happen on this bed? I kind of wish something could happen tonight.

After a few minutes Hye Sun comes out of the bathroom. Min Ho is already lying in bed.

Min Ho: “Do you want to watch a movie before we go to sleep?”

Hye Sun: Smiles. “Sure.”

Min Ho and Hye Sun sit on the bed watching a funny movie. Hye Sun is surprised by Min Ho’s laid back attitude.

Min Ho: “That was a good movie.”

Hye Sun: “Yeah.”

Min Ho: “I guess we should get some sleep now.”

Hye Sun takes a pillow and a few sheets and lays them on the floor.

Min Ho: “What are you doing?”

Hye Sun: “You can sleep on the bed. I’ll sleep on the floor.”

Min Ho: “You don’t have to. We can both sleep on the bed.”

Hye Sun: “Min Ho. It’s not…”

Min Ho: “If you sleep on the floor than I want to sleep on the floor with you.” Throws pillows down the floor.

Hye Sun: “Min Ho. I’m sleeping on the floor you’re sleeping on the bed. That’s final!”

Min Ho grabs Hye Sun by her wrist and lays her next to him.

Min Ho: “You’re sleeping right here next to me tonight. No more playing around.” Yawn. “Right here next to me.” Tightly holds Hye Sun.

Hye Sun’s Thoughts:
It looks like it won’t be easy getting away from him. Why do you have to hold me like this Min Ho? Now I never want to let you go.

Min Ho’s Thoughts:
Who would have thought it would feel so warm to have Hye Sun in my arms. She feels so soft and delicate in my arms.

Min Ho: “Hye Sun.”

Hye Sun: “Hmm?”

Min Ho: “This feels so nice. Why didn’t we do this before?”

Silence. Min Ho looks at Hye Sun and he sees she’s sleeping peacefully.

Min Ho: Smiles. “Good night princess.”

 
*******************************************************************************

Preview: (WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!!!!)

"Lets stay like this...just for a little bit."

"Do you believe two completely opposite people can be together?”

“Will you and Hye Sun last?”

"Ask yourself Jeon Hye Ri, is what you have with Min Ho enough?”
*********************************************************************************