Falling Apart

Without Knowing I Fell In Love With You (Like A Fool I Don't Know Anything Else But Love)

HYUN JOONG & MIN HO’S HOUSE

Knock, knock, knock

Min Ho: “I’m coming…Yes…” Awe look on his face.

Mr. Lee: “Son.”

Min Ho: “What are you doing here?”

Mr. Lee: “Can I come in?”

Min Ho: “What do you want? My umma and dad can come back anytime.”

Mr. Lee: “Please I promise I won’t be long.”

Min Ho: “You’re promises aren’t really worth much are they?” Holds the door. “Make it quick.”

Mr. Lee: “It was wrong of me trying to set you up with Eun Hye, but please understand me.”

Min Ho: “If that’s all you wanted to say than you can leave now.”

Mr. Lee: “I came here to offer you a position in my company.”

Min Ho: “You don’t’ give up do you? You’re not going to get anything from me.”

Mr. Lee: “You don’t have to worry I won’t force you to do anything anymore. About my financial situation, I’ve taken care of it…So please just accept my offer as an apology.”

Min Ho: “No thank you…now please leave. I don’t want my mother to see you or my abeoji.”

Mr. Lee: “Abeoji? You really think of your mother’s husband as your father?” Picks up a picture of Min Ho smiling with his arm around Hyun Joong’s father.

Min Ho: “Mhmm..He’s always treated me like his own son, he gave me everything…he gave me a family.”

Mr. Lee looks around and sees a family portrait.

Mr. Lee: “Is that you’re step-brother?”

Min Ho: “No…that’s my brother.”

Mr. Lee: Grins. “You always wanted a little brother didn’t you? Too bad I couldn’t give you one.”

Min Ho: “I think it’s time for you to leave.”

Mr. Lee: Sigh. “The real reason I came here isn’t because I wanted to offer you a job, but because I want us to get to know each other. I want to know my son. I want you to look at me as your father again.”

Min Ho: With bloodshot eyes. “GET OUT!!!”

Mr. Lee: “Please. If I have to beg for forgiveness I’ll do it.”

Min Ho: “It won’t change a thing. My father will be home soon.”

Mr. Lee: With teary eyes. “I was once your father.”

Min Ho: “But it wasn’t enough for you!!! You left my mother and I! You will never be able to make up for that. I have a father already his name Kim Han Kyul! Don’t you forget that.”

Mr. Lee: Breathing heavily…”You don’t mean that. Please give me one last chance.”

Min Ho: “I rather be beaten to death before calling you the word father ever again!”

Mr. Lee: “Min Ho.”

Suddenly Mr. Lee collapses in Min Ho’s arms.

Min Ho: “Mr. Lee!…Please get up!… ABEOJI!!!!!”

HOSPITAL

Doctor: “Are you Mr. Lee’s son.”

Min Ho: Nods. “What’s wrong with him?”

Doctor: “It seems he had a panic attack and fainted. You should be carefully not to aggregate or stress him in the future. A man in his condition shouldn’t get worked up like today. As his son I hope you can understand this and reflect on your mistake.”

Min Ho: “Condition?”

Doctor: “Mr. Lee is in the advance stage of pancreatic cancer.”

Min Ho: “What?”

Doctor: “I’m sorry I thought you knew.”

Min Ho: “Is there anything you can do to help him?”

Doctor: “I’m sorry but his illness is terminal.”

Min Ho: “How long?”

Doctor: “I can’t really say, but the best prognoses I can give him is a month maybe two. I honestly can tell you how long he will live.

With a sympathetic look on his face Min Ho walks into his father’s room. He sits next to his bed and begins to cry.

Min Ho’s Thoughts:
Why are you always leaving me? It was already painful enough the first time. Why is my heart so torn at this moment…I can’t seem to forgive you…but I can’t let you go like this. (Holds Mr. Lee’s hand.)

ART STUDIO

Hye Ri: “Do you know where Min Ho is?”

Hyun Joong: “No.” Continues to paint.

Hye Ri: “I’ve tried calling him but he’s not picking up.”

Hyun Joong: “I’m sure he’s fine.”

Hye Ri: “You don’t think he’s with Eun Hye?”

Hyun Joong: Chuckles. “Are you that worried?”

Hye Ri: “She was meant to be his fiancé at one point.”

Hyun Joong: “We were all meant to be someone else’s love at one point.”

Hye Ri: “What do you mean?”

Hyun Joong: “I’m almost finished here. If you want I’ll take you home with me and see if Min Ho’s there.”

As Hyun Hoong and Hye Ri walk out of the art building it begins to rain.

HYUN JOONG & MIN HO’S HOUSE

Hye Ri and Hyun Joong arrive at the house to find the door open.

Hyun Joong: “Umma? Dad? Hyung? I guess no one’s home, but why was the door open?”

Hye Ri: Gasps. “Sunbae…look over there.”

On the floor there’s shards of glass from a broken vase. Hyun Joong moves Hye Ri behind me.

Hyun Joong: “Stay here.”

Hyun Joong looks around the house to see if there’s anyone there.

Hyun Joong: “No one’s here. Nothing seems to be missing. This is strange. Something must have happened.”

As the night continues it continues to rain profusely drenching the streets.

HYE SUN’S HOUSE

Hye Sun finishes writing in her diary grazing the cover over Hyun Joong’s and Minho’s picture. She turns off the lights but just then she hears a noise outsider her window. Hye Sun approaches the window but only sees the never-ending rain. As she turns her back she hears a knock. Hye Sun turns around and sees Min Ho, she quickly opens the window.”

Min Ho: “Hye Sun….Hye Sun..” Min Ho’s clothes are drenched with water.

Hye Sun: “Are you crazy you’ve could have gotten hurt climbing up my window. Ahh you’re all wet. We have to get you out of these clothes.”

Min Ho grabs Hye Sun’s hand and tightly embraces her.

Hye Sun: “Are you alight?”

Min Ho: Crying. “No.”

Hye Sun finds clothes for Min Ho and tries to dry him off with a towel.

Hye Sun: “Go dry yourself off in the bathroom and change into these clothes.”

Min Ho: “I just need you right now.”

Hye Sun: “Min Ho you’re going to get sick. Please go change and I’ll take care of you I promise.”

Min Ho shakes his head.

Hye Sun: Sigh. “You silly boy.” Places her hand on Min Ho’s cheek.

Min Ho puts his hand over Hye Sun’s hand. Slowly Hye Sun takes off Min Ho’s shirt and dries his face and bare chest. She puts on a dry shirt on Min Ho. Hye Sun blushes as he hands him a towel and turns around.

Hye Sun: “Oppa please change your pants

Min Ho puts the towel over his lower body and undresses himself and puts on the pajama bottoms. Hye Sun felt embarrassed accidentally seeing Hyun Joong without clothes, but for some reason she felt hesitant to see Min Ho undressed.

Hye Sun sits next to Min Ho and holds him.

Hye Sun: “What happened to this little prince to make him cry?”

Min Ho: “Abeoji…my abeoji…he’s dying. He’s leaving me again.” Sobs.

Hye Sun: “I’m here. I’m not leaving you…cry until there’s nothing left.”

Hye Sun turns off the lights and lies in bed holding Min Ho.

Min Ho: Whispering. “I’m scared.”

Next morning…

Knock, knock, knock

Hye sun rushes down the door.

Hye Ri: “Hye Sun I’m sorry to come over so early but Lee Min Ho didn’t come home last night. We’re all worried about him. Do you know where he is?”

Hye Sun’s Thoughts:
I know I should tell Hye Ri Min Ho spend the night here, but he’s not ready to face everyone….or maybe I’m just not ready to hand him over.

Hye Sun: Shakes her head. “I’m sorry I don’t know where he is.”

Hye Ri: “Okay. I’ll keep looking. Please let me know if you find out anything.”

Hye Sun: “I will.” Closes the door.

*******************************Song: To A Stranger (Inst.)************************************
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFjKJc-Sn-w

Hye Sun walks upstairs and sits next to Min Ho. She can tell all the pain and sorrow he feels from the dried tears on his face as his tiresome body lies on her bed.

Hye Sun’s Thoughts:
Poor Min Ho…How I wish I could take all the pain away. I’m willing to do anything if it means you’ll be happy.

Min Ho still asleep mumbles.

Min Ho: “Umma…Umma…Abeoji…Abeoji..”

*******************************MIN HO’S FLASHBACK*************************************
 A four-year-old Min Ho is on his father’s shoulders with his mother walking besides him.

Min Ho’s mom: “Who does Min Ho love the most?”

Min Ho: “Umma and Appa!”

Mr. Lee: “Will you still loves us when you’re all grown up?”

Min Ho: “Mmmm….Daddy’s the best!”

Mr. Lee: “You promise?”

Min Ho: “I promise I’ll always love daddy and mommy.”

Min Ho’s mom: Smiling. “Daddy and mommy will always love Min Ho. Min Ho is our reason to live.”

Min Ho: “Umma…Appa.”

Mr. Lee: What is it son?”

Min Ho: “When I’m big I’ll take care of you, and I’ll be the one to give daddy a piggy back ride.”

Min Ho’s parents smile and laugh.

********************************END OF FLASHBACK**************************************

Min Ho: Mumbling. “Daddy don’t leave me…don’t leave me.”

Hye Sun: “Min Ho. Min Ho it’s okay it’s just a dream.”

Min Ho abruptly wakes up.

Min Ho: “It’s not a dream. My father is going to leave me…”

HYUN JOONG & MIN HO’S HOUSE

Min Ho walks into his house.

Hyun Joong: “Hyung where have you been? We’ve been worried!”

Min Ho: “Sorry.”

Min Ho walks somberly upstairs. After a few minutes Min Ho walks downstairs again with changed clothes.

Hyun Joong: “Where you going now?”

Min Ho: “Please don’t ask me any questions. Not now.”

As Min Ho opens the door he finds Hye Ri standing there. Hye Ri sighs in relief and hugs Min Ho.

Hye Ri: “Where have you been? I was so worried.”

Min Ho: “I’m okay. I’ll talk to you later.” Walks out.

Hye Ri: “He says he’s okay but his eyes tell me something else. I can hear it in his words.”

Hyun Joong: “We just need to give him time. Whatever he’s going through I’m sure he’ll tell us eventually.

HOSPITAL

Mr. Lee: “Min Ho. You’re here.” Smiles.

Min Ho: “Mmm I brought you some fruit and some other things.”

Mr. Lee: “The doctor told me that you know now.”

Min Ho: Nods. “Mmm..”

Mr. Lee: “I’m sorry for always causing you problems.”

Min Ho: “Even though I can’t forgive you for the past I’ll keep my promise to take care of you.”

Mr. Lee: “Min Ho.” Smiles. “You’ve grown up to be such an honorable man.”

Min Ho: “I’ll come visit you everyday until your discharged from the hospital.”

Mr. Lee: “You’re a good son…I wish I could erase the hurt I….”

Min Ho: “I’m only doing this as part of my responsibility…I don’t think I can offer you anything else…at least not at this moment.”

Mr. Lee: Holds Min Ho’s hand. “Thank you son….I wasn’t there for you but in these last days of my life I want to be. I want to know my son. I want him to know me. If you can utter the words “Abeoji” and you can love me again I’ll die a happy man.”

Min Ho: Nervous chuckle. “Why are you talking about death? You can’t die before handing over your company to me.”

Mr. Lee: “You want to take over my company?”

Min Ho: “It would be such a waste to let your company plunge. I’m just worried about all those people who will go out of work. I think I’ll do a good job of running it.”

Mr. Lee: Smiling. “Thank you.”

Min Ho steps outside the room collapsing onto the cold floor. He pulls himself together and takes out his phone.

Min Ho: “Umma.”

Min Ho’s Mom: “What is it son?”

Min Ho: “I…..” Sigh “I love you.”

Min Ho’s Mom: “Mommy loves you too. Is that all you wanted to tell me?”

Min Ho: “Can we have a good talk sometime soon?”

Min Ho’s Mom: “Yes. Whenever you want to talk mommy will listen.”

Min Ho: “Bye.”

Someone approaches Min Ho and offers Min Ho their hand.

Hye Sun: “Let’s go for a walk.”

Min Ho grabs Min Ho’s hand and they walk to a quiet corner of the hospital looking out the window.

Min Ho: “You came.”

Hye Sun: Smiles. “I wanted to come visit uncle. How is he?”

Min Ho: “He’s sleeping now. He gets tired easily. It’s late you should go home.”
 
Hye Sun: “I brought some soup for uncle.”

Min Ho: “Thank you, I’ll make sure to give to him when he wakes up.”

Hye Sun: Have you told your mom, Hye Ri and Hyun Joong yet?”

Min Ho shakes his head and lies on Hye Sun’s lap.

Min Ho: “I don’t know if I can tell my mom yet. I wouldn’t know how to explain this to Hye Ri or Hyun Joong. How do I explain I’m meeting my father behind Hyun Joong and my dad’s back? Hyun Joong will be hurt. Because he’s like my real brother, Hyun Joong thinks of us having the same father.”

Hye Sun: “And Hye Ri?”

Min Ho: “She’ll be hurt I couldn’t come to her first but It happened so fast.”

Hye Sun: “Why did you…”

Nurse: “I’m sorry to interrupt you but Mr. Lee is asking for his son.”

Min Ho: “Okay thank you. Hye Sun do you want to meet my father?”

Hye Sun: “I’d like that.”

Hye Sun’s Thoughts:
Why did you come to me Min Ho? Why was I first one you ran to? The only one.

Mr. Lee: “Min Ho. I’m happy to see you’re still here. Is this your girlfriend? She’s very pretty.”

Hye Sun: Bows. “Nice to meet you uncle my name is Ji Hye Sun.” Blushes.

Min Ho: “She’s actually my best friend.”

Mr. Lee: “Time and youth passby so fast one should hurry up and be with the person they love. Don’t have regrets.”

Hye Sun: “I brought some soup for uncle.”

Mr. Lee: “Such a thoughtful child.” Smiles. “Why don’t you come sit down next to me and you can tell me all about my son.”

Hye Sun: Smiles. “Well I’ve known Min Ho since I was 7.”

Mr. Lee: “That’s quite a while.”

Min Ho watches Hye Sun brighten his father’s face. Hye Sun always knew what to do to make Min Ho’s worries go away and bring warmth and comfort to his broken heart.

Mr. Lee: “Are you sure you’re not Min Ho’s girlfriend?”

Hye Sun: “Yes. Min Ho actually already has a girlfriend.”

Mr. Lee: “Min Ho please bring her next time it would be nice to meet her.”

Min Ho: “Okay.”

Hye Sun: “I’ll go wash some fruit for you uncle.” Leaves room.

Mr. Lee: “That girl warms my heart. She’s so sweet and has a heart of gold.”

Min Ho: Smiles. “She really is.”

Mr. Lee: “Son I know I have no right interfering with your life but…”

Min Ho: “But what?”

Mr. Lee: “Love is not a game. You don’t get to start over. Once you loose your true love, you’ll never be able to empty or fill your heart with anyone again.

Min Ho: “What do you mean?”

Mr. Lee:  “I’m not that old that I don't remember the feeling of being in love.”

Min Ho: “You mean that woman you left with?”

Mr. Lee: “No…my first and only love in my life had always been and will always be your mother.”

Min Ho: “What?”

Mr. Lee: “When my company was in a financial crises and I was diagnosed with caner that woman left me. It was then that I realized what a fool I had been. Even if I lived as a farmer with a bad leg your mother would have loved me and taken care of me. True love is hard to find so don’t let it go.”

Min Ho: “I’m trying my best with my girlfriend soo..”

Mr. Lee: “I wasn’t talking about your girlfriend…I was referring to Hye Sun.”

Min Ho: “She…She’s just a friend, like a little sister.”

Mr. Lee: “I’ve seen the way you look at her. That’s the same look I used to have when I would see your mother.”

Min Ho: “It’s not…she’s my brother’s girlfriend.”

Mr. Lee: Smiles. “To be young again. Whatever you choice in the end I just want you to be happy.”

Hye Sun and Min Ho leave the room and sit on a bench looking out the window.

Hye Sun: “Are you tired?”

Min Ho: “Mmm I’m fine.”

Hye Sun: Yawn. “I’ll stay with you tonight.”

Min Ho: “You must be tired. You can lean on me if you want.”

Hye Sun: “Are you really okay?”

Min Ho: “I think I’m getting there.”

Hye Sun lays her head on Min Ho’s lap.

Hye Sun: “Min Ho…”

Min Ho: “Hmm…what is it?

Hye Sun: “Why did you come to me last night?”

Min Ho: “Without a word you know my feelings and I can feel your heart reaching out to me. I can finally breath when I’m with you….I don’t know how to live without you.”

****************************Song: Utada Hikaru: Prisoner of Love*******************************
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP6fI7pYwLc

Hye Sun closes her eyes as Min Ho’s words make her heart jump with excitement.

Min Ho: Looks down. “Hey I’m trying to tell you something and you fall asleep.” Smirks.

Hye Ri lies there motionless while Min Ho thinks about his father's words, could there be any truth to them...How would ever know? He slowly moves closer to Hye Sun and tenderly kisses her. Hye Sun lies frozen unsure what to do but slowly responds to Min Ho’s kiss and they begin to kiss, intoxicated with each other’s lips.

Nearby Hyun Joong stands frozen watching them kiss.

***************************************

Sorry I haven't been writing lately. I'm gonna set a goal for myself to update 2 chapters AT LEAST per week. =) So everyone can find out the ending already.

No preview yet but I'll post it up as soon as I can.

 

Thanks,

Happy Reading!

-AddictiveLuv