The Kiss

Without Knowing I Fell In Love With You (Like A Fool I Don't Know Anything Else But Love)

Hyun Joong rushes out the door to catch up with Hye Ri, but there’s no sign of her.

Min Ho’s Thoughts:
Hye Ri, why don’t you believe in me, our love, in us? Have I really not shown you the depth of my love? There’s no other woman I love but you. I’m sorry for letting my pride get in the way of saying an “I love you”. I’ve changed so much for you, but I still can’t bring myself to give you that. Forgive me.

After a few minutes of driving Hyun Joong finally spots Hye Ri walking down the street. He immediately stops the car and runs to her.

Hyun Joong: “Hye Ri. Please tell me what happened. I’ll be your ears and shoulder if you let me.”

Hye Ri: “Hyun Joong!” Bursts out in tears and embraces Hyun Joong.

Hyun Joong: “I’m here.” Holds Hye Ri.

Hyun Joong bring Hye Ri into his car and they drive off.

Meanwhile….

Hyung Jun has decided to take Hye Sun to the zoo. Although the outgoing started out as two friends it soon turned into a date. Hyung Jun was truly the perfect man in every way, the type of man girls dreamed of dating. He wasn’t only handsome, and rich, Hyung Jun was also kind, and thoughtful. By his side any girl felt loved and happy, but still Hye Sun couldn’t bring herself to let Hyung Jun into her heart…and through out the date all she could think about was Min Ho. Because on this night she would have to tell him the charm that he made with his two hands, that meant so much to him was now gone…it was lost somewhere in the depths of the water.

Hyung Jun: “Hye Sun…look at the monkeys they’re so cute.”

Hye Sun: “Hmm..yeah their silly faces warm my heart.”

Hearing this, Hyung Jun pulls on his ears, and inflates his cheeks.

Hyung Jun: “uhoh uoh…Hye Sun am I cute enough to warm your heart too?”

Hye Sun: Laughs. “You’re even cuter, you’re the cutest thing here Hyung Jun.”

Hyung Jun: “I hope you’re not bored. I’m always worried you’re not enjoying yourself when you’re with me.”

Hye Sun: “No, oppa, I always have fun when I’m by your side.” Smiles.

Hyung Jun: “You have fun?” Smiles….”But why do I feel your heart is never with me..like it’s somewhere else. I know you said you needed time to find out if you could let me in…but I feel I’ll never have a place in your heart.”

Hye Sun remains silent for a few second and looks into Hyung Jun’s beautiful eyes.

Hye Sun: “You’re right. I’m sorry. I thought maybe with time I could feel something for you Hyung Jun. You’re someone I like, someone I can depend on, but..”

Hyung Jun: “But I’m not him. The guy you’re in love with.”

Hye Sun: “It would be easy for me to date you so I can try to forget him, but it wouldn’t be fair to you. I feel a hundred years isn’t enough to forget him. As long as he is in my heart I can’t let anyone else in…Even if the most perfect man, a man that I truly don’t deserve, like you comes along I won’t be able to accept him.

Hyung Joong: “I really want to tell you that I’ll wait for you no matter how long it takes for you to let me in, despite the fact I know you love someone else, but I’m afraid you’ll be more hurt by this.”

Hye Sun: “Hyung Jun. I’m sorry.” Bows her head

Hyung Joong: “You must be tired. I’ll take you home.”


HYE RI’S HOUSE

Hye Ri: “You can come in Hyun Joong.”

Hyun Joong: “I’ll make you some tea.”

Hye Ri: “No.” Holds onto Hyun Joong. “Can you just stay next to me for a little while.”

Hyun Joong: Nods. “I’ll stay as long as you want.”

Hye Ri and Hyun Joong take seat in the living room.

Hyun Joong: “Do you want to talk about what happened?”

Hye Ri: “It’s over.”

Hyun Joong: “Over?”

Hye Ri: “Lee Min Ho made it clear I’m not the one he needs. I was such a blind fool to believe Lee Min Ho could love me. The person he loves is Hye Sun..and Hye Sun loves h…”

Hyun Joong: “Did Min Ho tell you he loved Hye Sun?”

Hye Ri: Shakes her head. “He didn’t have to. From the way he talks about her…all his mind is filled with is thoughts of her. He didn’t even bother to say anything after I told him we should end our relationship. Do you really think he loves me now?”

Hyun Joong: Clenching his fist.“Although Lee Min Ho doesn’t seem like it he keeps all his emotions to himself. If you truly love him…you should talk to him. Until you hear he doesn’t love you..you shouldn’t give up.”

Hye Ri: “Hyun Joong. Why do you believe in Lee Min Ho and I so much?”

Hyun Joong’s Thoughts:
Because I love you….and because he’s my brother…. Out of my own selfishness I wait for the moment you’ll truly be able to give up Min Ho so I can confess to you.

Hyun Joong: “Because I can’t stand to watch arguments.”

Hye Ri: With teary eyes. “Hyun Joong. I won’t be able to take it. If Lee Min Ho confesses that he loves Hye Sun. I won’t be able to hear those words.”

Hyun Joong: “Do you love him?”

With teary eyes Hye Ri nods.

Hyun Joong: “Then be brave for that love and don’t give up, not yet.”

Hye Ri: “Help me brave sunbae.”

Hye Ri lays her head on Hyun Joong’s shoulder and he gently puts his arms around her. In Hyun Joong’s arms Hye Ri felt calm, protected and a warm familiarity. Hyun Joong felt a sadness, and happiness at the same time as he was holding the woman. She was only in his arms because she felt a deep sorrow. For both Hye Ri and Hyun Joong time had no meaning, just for this moment they didn’t want to think about anything. And so Hyun Joong silently held Hye Ri until she fell asleep.

Gently Hyun Joong carried Hye Ri to her bedroom and carefully laid her on her bed.”

Hyun Joong: Half smile. “Please don’t cry anymore.” Caresses Hye Ri’s face.

Hyun Joong’s Thought’s:
If only I was the one you loved.

Hyun Joong’s heart races as he watches a delicate and sweet Hye Ri lay dormant. He can’t hold back his emotions any longer. Slowly he approaches Hye Ri closer until his lips are only a few inches away. Hyun Joong closes his eyes and very lightly touches Hye Ri’s lips. For a second Hyun Joong feels a sensation long forgotten. Lastly he tenderly kisses Hye Ri's hand. Hye Ri unknowingly continues to lay asleep. Hyun Joong slowly moves away from her but as he moves farther away he accidentally knocks over a picture, but it gently lands on a pillow cushion.

Hyun Joong carefully picks it up.

Hyun Joong’s Thoughts:
It can’t be. Hye Ri…you’re the girl I’ve been searching for.

 
******************************HYUN JOON’S FLASHBACKS*********************************

*******************************Song: Shinee: Y Si Fuera Ella**********************************

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1YsJZIfL4A

A five-year-old Hyun Joong has his head down and is crying.

Hyun Joong: “Umma! Don’t leave me! Don’t leave me and daddy alone!”

A cute little girl walks by and approaches Hyun Joong.

Girl: “Why are you crying?”

Hyun Joong: “Umma!”

Girl: “Don’t cry.” Pats Hyun Joong’s head.

The girl comes and sits next to Hyun Joong’s side and puts her arm around him. Hyun Joong lays his head on the little girl’s lap. The girl Hyun Joong’s hair as he cries.

Girl: “My mommy says when you’re sad you should cry and then you will be happy. Cry all you want then you won’t be sad anymore.”

Hyun Joong continues to cry but after several minutes he calms himself down.

Girl: “Oppa do you feel better?”

Hyun Joong: “I don’t have anymore tears, but I’m still sad. I don’t want my umma to leave me. Daddy and I will be left alone.”

Girl: “Ummas don’t leave their children, so don’t cry anymore Oppa. Think about something happy.”

Hyun Joong: “Happy?” wiping his tears.

Girl: “Mhmm..what makes me happy is going to my favorite place in the world.”

Hyun Joong: “What’s your most favorite place?”

Girl: “The ice skating rink. When I’m skating I feel happy. My daddy holds my hands while skating fast. So fast my heart wants to die of excitement….”
……………………………………..
Hye Ri: Blushing. “Sunbae. I want to go fast.” Gets behind Hyun Joong and holds his hands. “Skate fast so you can take me with you.

Hye Ri: “Sunbae…its too fast.” Laughs    
……………………………………..

Girl: “Oppa must have a place like that?”

Hyun Joong: “My umma’s room. Daddy built it for her to paint. She’s the best artist in the world. When I grow up I want to paint just like umma. ”

Girl: “Fighting! You can do it oppa. Your umma will always stay by your side. She won’t leave you, not you Oppa. I promise I won’t leave your side either Oppa. So please promise me you won’t cry anymore and you’ll smile for me everyday.”

Hyun Joong gets up and picks a flower.

Hyun Joong: “I promise I’ll always be happy if you stay by my side. I want you stay by my side so one day I can marry you. I want you to comfort me when I’m sad and I want to be the only person to make you smile forever. When I grow up to be strong I’ll take you to the ice skating rink and take you hold your hands while going fast.”

Girl: Smiling “Promise.”

Both their pinkies meet.

Girl: “Lets be together forever.”

Hyun Joong and the little girl begin to chase one another around the park until the sun is nearly set.

Man: “Princess it’s time to go home.”

The little girl takes Hyun Joong by the hands to hide behind a tree.

Girl: “I have to go.” Frown. “But I don’t want to.”

Hyun Joong: “I don’t want you to go either.”

Man: “Princess where are you?”

Girl: “I have to.”

Hyun Joong: “Will you come back?”

Girl: “I promise.”

Hyun Joong: “I promise I’ll wait for you.”

Girl: “I promise I’ll come back and if you’re not here I’ll wait until you come.” Smiles. “Close your eyes oppa.”

Hyun Joong closes his eyes. She steps closer to him and lightly kisses Hyun Joong.

Hyun Joong opens his eyes but the little girl is nowhere to be found.

Hyun Joong: “Wait!”

The little girl walks off with her father.

Hyun Joong: “You didn’t tell me your name!”

The little girl looks back but is too far away to hear Hyun Joong.

Hyun Joong: “I’m Kim Hyun Joong. Kim Hyun Joong will be waiting for you! So please come back!”

Hyun Joong looks down at the floor and sees the little girls hair clip.
***********************************END FLASHBACK**************************************