Friendship Over Love

Without Knowing I Fell In Love With You (Like A Fool I Don't Know Anything Else But Love)

Hyun Joong’s Thoughts:
I can’t be near Hye Ri anymore. Every time I see her now I’m reminded she belongs to Min Ho. I never got the chance to even confess my feelings. (Hits fist against wall)

~Knock Knock Knock~

Hye Sun: Opens the door. “Hyun Joong.”

Hyun Joong: “Let’s go somewhere.”

Hye Sun: “Where?”

Hyun Joong: “Anywhere but here.”

Hye Sun gets into Hyun Joong’s car. Hyun Joong drives off with screeching tires. Hye Sun has a sad expression on her face, while Hyun Joong doesn’t say a word.

The car stops.

Hyun Joong: “We’re here.”

Hye Sun: “ We’re at the beach.”

Hyun Joong: “We had a good time last time we were here with Min….we had a good time. I thought maybe we can have fun just the two of us today.”

Hye Sun: “It was nice of you Hyun Joong, but I don’t think I want to be at the beach today.”

Hyun Joong: “Please…will you do it for oppa?” Gives a pout.

Hye Sun: “I don’t know” Half smile.

Hyun Joong: “You leave me no other choice.”

*******************************Song: Someday: Do You Know********************************
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zPxX-UPag8

Hyun Joong picks up Hye Sun bridal style and runs to the ocean, and throws Hye Sun into the water. With an annoyed expression Hye Sun gets up and slaps Hyun Joong’s arm.

Hyun Joong: Smiling. “That’s my girl. Never afraid to show her true emotions…so why don’t you scream out what’s in your heart, so you can smile again.”

Hye Sun looks at Hyun Joong with a tiresome expression.

Hye Sun: “LEE MIN HO! I LOVE YOU! WHY COULDN’T IT BE ME YOU CHOSE! YOU’RE A BABO, BUT I STILL LOVE YOU!”

Hyun Joong: “Better?”

Hye Sun tries to regain her breath and smiles.

Hye Sun: “Why don’t you try it Hyun Joong?”

Hyun Joong: “But I have nothing to shout about.”

Hye Sun: “I’ve watched you today…something is bothering you. I know you too well Hyun Joong. So why don’t you just say it out.”

Hyun Joong: “I really don’t have anything.”

Hye Sun gives Hyun Joong a playful push.

Hyun Joong: “What?”

Hye Sun: Smiling. “Say it.”

Hyun Joong: “No.”

Hye Sun: “Please oppa….I came here with you even when I didn’t want to.”

Hyun Joong: Sigh. “Fine…………………..LEE MIN HO WHY DO YOU HAVE TO WIN AT EVERYTHING?! I DON’T WANT TO LOSE TO YOU ANYMORE! YOU JUST WAIT I’M GOING TO WIN ONE DAY! I’M GOING TO WIN AT SOMETHING YOU WANT WITH ALL YOUR HEART!”

Hye Sun: “You see, you finally let out your frustration. Wasn’t this a good idea?”

Hyun Joong: “Who had the idea first?” Smiles.

Hye Sun: “Of course I did. I just pretended I didn’t know what you were talking about.”

Hyun Joong: “Oh really.”

Hyun Joong begins to tickle Hye Sun. As they play in the water the sun begins to set. For that short moment they laugh and smile and forget their broken hearts. Right before the sun finally sets into the ocean Hyun Joong and Hye Sun sit on the warm sand in their wet clothes. Hyun Joong tenderly holds Hye Sun as they watch the day end.

Hye Sun: “I think I can go back and face Min Ho now.”

Hyun Joong: “That’s my girl.” Kisses Hye Sun’s hair.

Hye Sun’s Thoughts:
Thank you Hyun Joong. Thank you for giving me a reason to smile again. People sometimes think you’re cold and can’t understand other people’s feelings, but with out a word you perfectly understand me, all of me. Ever since we were little you were always there silently protecting me. Min Ho would always stand up for me , but Hyun Joong was the one always comforting me. I hope you never leave my side Hyun Joong. With you by my side I know I can slowly start letting go of Min Ho and accept the friendship destiny will only give us.

Hyun Joong’s Thoughts:
Hye Sun, you’re one of the few people to understand me and make me feel better. I’m sorry I lied to you and said this day was about you, when really I needed you to make me smile, and forget everything for at least a moment. You’ve been in love with Min Ho since we were little, but you can still find a way to accept his love for another woman. Although we’re both cowards because we can’t confess our feelings, you are truly the stronger person. Hye Sun, you’re a fool for giving up your love so easily, but you’re a fool I admire. If you can face Min Ho after everything and still wish him happiness….I think I can do that too.

Hyun Joong: “We should probably go change before we catch a cold.”

Hye Sun: “Aww..Hyun Joong I wanted to build a sand castle and play on the sand some more.”

Hyun Joong: “The sun is about to set and you still want to play?”

Hye Sun: “Please oppa.” Gives pout.

Hyun Joong: “I tell you what. Why don’t we build a sandcastle next time we come, and we’ll do something special right now.”

Hye Sun: “Promise.” Extends pinky.

Hyun Joong Promise.” Meets Hye Sun’s pinky.

Hye Sun: “So what are we doing?”

Hyun Joong gets two sticks and hands one to Hye Sun. Hyun Joong outlines half a heart.

Hyun Joong: “Come on Hye Sun.”

Hye Sun completes the heart. In the middle Hyun Joong writes:
Best Friends Forever Hyun Joong + Hye Sun
May all our wishes come true.

Hye Sun: Smiling. “I like it….can we make another one?”

Hyun Joong: Sigh. “Come on before you catch a cold.”

Hye Sun: “I won’t….Achhuuu”

Hyun Joong: Smiling. “You see?”

Hyun Joong takes out towels and clothes from his car.

Hyun Joong: “Here go change. I’m sorry I don’t really have clothes for you, but you can wear mine. I have an extra set.”

Hye Sun: “Okay…I’ll just go change now.”

Hye Sun and Hyun Joong walk to the restrooms, but to their surprise they're closed.

Hye Sun: “Oh…what are we going to do?”

Hyun Joong: “This won’t do we have to change before we leave. It’s a 30 min drive home.”

Hye Sun: “So what do we do?”

Hyun Joong: “I have an idea.” Faces Hye Sun. “Do you trust me?”

Hye Sun nods.
………………….

Hye Sun: “Oppa I can’t do this.”

Hyun Joong: “It’s fine no one’s here.”

Hye Sun: “Why can’t I go over by the bushes or in the car?”

Hyun Joong: “It’s already getting darker by the minute, and my car is a convertible there’s no way you’ll be able to change in there. Come on I’m holding the towel so no one can see you.”

Hye Sun: “Hyun Joong this is embarrassing….You promise you’re not looking.” Begins to change clothes.

Hyun Joong: “Yes…” Mumbles…”It’s not like I haven’t seen you before.”

Hye Sun: “What did you say?”

Hyun Joong: “Nothing.”

Hye Sun: “Okay your turn oppa.”

Hyun Joong: “It’s fine I’ll just go over the other side of the car. No one’s here and I’m a guy as long as my lower body is covered I’m fine.”

Hye Sun: “Come on Hyun Joong. You’re still going to be exposed over there. Let me just hold the towel for you.”

Hyun Joong: “I’m fine.”

Hye Sun: “Come on!”

Hye Sun puts the towel in front of Hyun Joong’s lower and mid body.

Hyun Joong: “I said I was fine.”

Hye Sun: “If you don’t want to take of your clothes I’ll help you.” Tugs on his pants.

Hyun Joong: “Okay okay. I’ll do it myself.”

Hyun Joong takes off his shirt. Hye Sun concentrates on looking up, but her heart races as she gets a glimpse of Hyun Joong’s bare chest. It wasn’t the first time she had seen it, but for some reason this time it was different.

Hyun Joong: “Okay I’m changing my pants now..”

Hye Sun closes her eyes. Hyun Joong laughs a little to himself.

Hyun Joong: “So I guess you don’t want to take a peek now?” Smiles

Hye Sun: “Hyun Joong!” Opens her eyes and drops the towel.

Hyun Joong falls with his boxers half way on. Hye Sun quickly covers her eyes, but can’t help but laugh. Hyun Joong puts on pants.

Hyun Joong: “Hey why did you do that for?”

Hye Sun: “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to.”

Hyun Joong: “I guess you just couldn’t help yourself.” Smirk.

Hye Sun: “Hey! I…”

Hyun Joong: “Come on…let’s get going.”

Hyun Joong and Hye Sun arrive at Min Ho’s house. They wait in the car for a little bit until Hye Sun has the courage to go in.

Min Ho: With a serious expression. “Hey Hyun Joong I have to talk to you.”

Hyun Joong: “Is Hye Ri here?”

Min Ho: “Why so you can make her cry some more?”

Hyun Joong: “I have to talk to Hye Ri first than we can talk.”

Hye Ri: “Hyun Joong.”

Hyun Joong: “Can we talk?”

Hye Ri: “Mhmm.”

Hye Ri and Hyun Joong exit the room. Min Ho is left with no option but to let Hyun Joong walk off with Hye Ri.

Hye Sun: “Congratulations Min Ho.” Smile

Min Ho: Scratches his head. “It was kind of sudden. Sorry to just announce it like that without telling you and Hyun Joong in private.”

Hye Sun: “Don’t worry just try your best. I wish you both the best of luck.”

Min Ho: “Thanks.” Hugs Hye Sun. “I’m sorry I missed our play time in the music room yesterday. Even if I went out with Hye Ri I should have scheduled it another day.”

Hye Sun: “It’s okay…it was just one session together.”

Min Ho: “I promise I won’t miss another day.”

Hye Sun: “Don’t make promises you can’t keep.”

Min Ho: “What are you talking about? Of course I’m going to keep my promise.”

Hye Sun: “Hye Ri is the one that’s important to you now. She’s your girlfriend so I understand if you won’t have time anymore.”

Min Ho: With sympathetic eyes. “Hye Ri’s my girlfriend, but you’re my best friend. She is important to me, but you are just as important Hye Sun…even more…Nothing will ever change that. Nothing.”

Hye Sun tightly embraces Min Ho.

Meanwhile…

Hyun Joong: “About what I said earlier today.”

Hye Ri: “Don’t worry about it. It wasn’t Min Ho’s fault I wasn’t here. It was my own fault. I understand if you don’t want to teach me anymore.”

Hyun Joong: “Forget what I said. Please come back at the same time same days.”

Hye Ri: With a shocked expression. “Sunbae…”

Hyun Joong: Smiling. “It’s kind of boring with out someone asking me a question every second.”

Hye Ri: “Thank you sunbae!”

Hye Ri rushes towards Hyun Joong and hugs him, but Hyun Joong refrains himself from holding her. He simply has his arms down as he feels Hye Ri's soft hug.
******************************************************************
Preview: (WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

"Your secret adrmirer....HJ"

"Who's HJ?"

"Hye Sun is no longer cute, but a beautiful woman now.”

"Please be my girlfriend Ji Hye Sun."

"Lets go." Grabs Hye Sun's hand....."Leave. This is none of your business!"

"Min Ho..you are acting as though....as though..."