I'm In Love With My Best Friend

Without Knowing I Fell In Love With You (Like A Fool I Don't Know Anything Else But Love)

1 month later…

Min Ho: “I’m leaving for Japan next week. The company is starting a new project.”

Hye Ri:  “How long will you be gone?”

Min Ho: “One year.”

Hye Ri: “What? One year?”

Min Ho: “I’m sorry. I have to.”

Hye Ri: “I know.”

Min Ho: “I know it won’t be easy, and won’t be able to adapt at first, and I know the sacrifices you’ll have to make but I want you come. Come to Japan with me please.

Hye Ri: “You and me in Japan…I…”

Min Ho: “Please give me an answer.”

Later that week…

AIRPORT

Hye Sun: Sigh. “Its time I gave up.”

Hyun Joong: “It’ll only be a year.”

Hye Sun: “No…it’ll be a year with only Hye Ri and Min Ho.”

Hyun Joong: “No matter what you’re excuse is I won’t let you. We signed a 3 year contract remember?”

Hye Sun: “Kim Hyun Joong can’t you see I can’t take it anymore. Min Ho says he needs me but at the same time he wants Hye Ri. He’s made his choice.”

Hyun Joong: Hold Hye Sun’s hand. “We can’t break up.”

Hyun Joong’s Thoughts:
Because I haven’t stopped loving Hye Ri.

Hyun Joong: “Because I think I’m too used to you now.”

Hye Sun: “Oppa.”

Hyun Joong: “I’m used to seeing a willful girl that no matter what anyone said she would go against the world just to accomplish her dreams. This is no different. So please don’t make me say goodbye to that girl…I can’t hand Ji Hye Sun to anyone but Lee Min Ho. I won’t.”

Hye Sun: Hugs Hyun Joong. “It’ll only be a year right?”


What only was supposed to be a year felt more like a complete lifetime for the four of them. At first Hye Sun’s thoughts we’re filled with Min Ho but slowly she learn to live a life without him. What started out, as a fake relationship was now turning to be something more either one could imagine. All Hyun Joong wanted was to break Hye Ri and Min Ho apart but day by day he started seeing Hye Sun like it was the first time. Hye Ri was fading away from his heart and being replaced by Hye Sun. On the other hand Hye Sun was starting to think the same thing, but life always has surprises.

1 year later….

PARK

Hye Sun: “Its cold.”

Hyun Joong: Smiling. “Here let me warm you up.”

Hyun Joong tightly hugs Hye Sun. As Hye Sun starts to feel warm in his arms he suddenly tickles her. She laughs and squeals as she runs as Hyun Joong childishly chases after her.

Hye Sun’s Thoughts:
Why does my heart beat so fast every time I glance at Hyun Joong? I feel like I can’t be happy without seeing his face every day. I would have never imagined how comfortable it could be to walk with him arm in arm and have dates with him. Today It’s been two and a half years since we wrote the love contract and I’ve realized something I…..I like Kim Hyun Joong.”

Finally Hyun Joong catches up with Hye Sun and stands there smiling at her.

Hyun Joong: Catching his breath. “Ji Hye Sun you’re amazing…I…I think I’m fal…..”

Hye Sun: “Lee Min Ho.” With a shaken expression.

Hyun Joong turns around and sees Min Ho standing there. Hye Sun gently smiles and runs to Min Ho’s arms.

Min Ho: “Did you miss me?”

Hye Sun: “I missed you so much.” Sobbing.

Min Ho: “Aren’t you going to say anything to your brother?”

Hyun Joong walks towards Min Ho and gives him a hug.

Hyun Joong; “Hyung. Welcome back.”

Min Ho: “Well this guy seems like he’s not one ounce excited to see me.” Smiling. “Wait did I interrupt something?”

Hye Sun: Shakes her head. “No let’s go and have a good talk.”

HYUN JOONG & MIN HO’S HOUSE

Hye Sun: “Where’s Hye Ri?”

Min Ho: “Oh she’s in America. Her mother is visiting some friends so Hye Ri went on to join her. She’ll be back in a few days.”

Min Ho happily goes on with his conversation with Hye Sun as Hyun Joong sits there uncomfortably.

Hyun Joong’s Thoughts:
Why did you have to come back Hyung? At least not yet. Hye Ri will be here in a few days…

Min Ho: “Hyun Joong. Mom told me you’re doing quite well. Your paintings keep getting popular in our country. Even foreign universities are interested in you.”

Hyun Joong: “Mmm..It’s getting late I should go.”

Min Ho: “It’s only 3 where are you going?”

Hye Sun: “Joong has a project due soon he’s been working day and night on it. I even have to deliver his meals to him. I convinced him to come out with me this afternoon but maybe I shouldn’t have.”

Min Ho: “Joong? Things have changed since I was gone.”

Hyun Joong walks to the door putting his jacket on. As he reaches for the door handle Hye Sun rushes to his side and grabs a scarf and gently wraps it around him, leaving her hands several seconds around his neck.

Hye Sun: “I don’t want you to catch a cold. Stay warm and don’t forget to eat. I’ll bring you something warm to eat later.”

Hyun Joong gives a half smiles and walks out the door.

Min Ho: So you and Hyun Joong…”

Hye Sun: “You must be starving I’ll make you something to eat.”

Min Ho’s Thoughts:
Hye Sun had always been gentle but something about the way she looks at Hyun Joong, her movements and words feel like warm hug on a cold night.

Min Ho happily eats the meal Hye Sun had prepared for him. Hye Sun just watches Min Ho and smiles but soon her expression becomes sorrowful as she sees a picture of Hyun Joong and Min Ho together.

Hye Sun’s Thoughts:
Since we were seven I’ve only had you in my heart Min Ho, but my heart keeps moving closer to Hyun Joong. What do I want now? Min Ho you’re the man I’ve loved since I was seven….but Hyun Joong…Hyun Joong is the man I’ve started to like now..

Knock knock

Min Ho gets up to answer the door and finds Hye Ri there.

Min Ho: “You’re back!” Smiles.

Hye Ri: “Can we talk?”

Hye Sun: “Welcome back Unnie.”

Hye Ri: “Hye Sun. I’m so glad to see you again.” Hugs Hye Sun.

Hye Sun: “I should get going.”

Min Ho: “Sorry. Let’s do something together just the four of us tomorrow.”

Hye Sun: “Sure.” Leaves.

Min Ho: “What is it? Is everything okay?”

Hye Ri: Sigh. “I…I’m moving to Ameirca.”

Min Ho: “What?”

Hye Ri: “My mother is re-marring. I can’t stay in Korea anymore.”

Min Ho: With a distressed voice. “Can’t you stay? Why must you go to America?”

Hye Ri: Shakes her head. “I can’t. The uncle she’s marrying lives in America. It wouldn’t look right if I stayed in Korea while my mother was in America. I don’t feel right letting her support me.”

Min Ho: “I’ll get you a job in my company you won’t have to do much and I’ll pay you a good amount so you could still go to school, and you can move in with me. We can get a place together but please don’t leave for the States. Don’t leave me.”

Hye Ri: “I can’t ask that of you Min Ho. I can’t take your money and I can’t live with you. My mother wouldn’t allow me living with a man I wasn’t married to even if it was you. As much as it hurts me I can be with you anymore. I know it’ll be even harder in the future do so I want to do this now…Let’s break up.

Min Ho: Shaking his head. “No. I won’t.”

Hye Ri: “Min Ho please don’t make this harder.” Crying.

Min Ho: “I can’t let you go…Let’s get married.”

Hye Ri: “What did you say?”

Min Ho kneels down on one knee.

Min Ho: “Jeon Hye Ri marry me.”

Hye Ri: “Lee Min Ho I can’t just marry you so I can stay in Korea.”

Min Ho: “Don’t you love me?”

Hye Ri: “I do, but…”

Min Ho: “Shouldn’t that be enough?”

Hye Ri: “Our parents might not accept this.”

Min Ho: “I know.”

Hye Ri: “Marriage isn’t something we can undo easily.”

Min Ho: “I know.”

Hye Ri: “If you’re okay with all that then…Lets get married.”

Min Ho gets up and kisses Hye Ri.

Next day…

Min Ho: “I didn’t hear you come in.”

Hyun Joong: “I had a lot of work.”

Min Ho: “Lets have dinner together tonight. The four of us.”

Hyun Joong: “Mmmm”
 
RESTAURANT

Hye Ri and Min Ho both stand up.

Min Ho: “We have an announcement we want to make. Hye Ri and I are getting married.”

Hye Sun and Hyun Joong sit there speechless. Hye Sun feels she can’t breath.

Hyun Joong: Grin. “Congratulations.” Shakes Min Ho’s hand.

Min Ho: “Aren’t you going to congratulate us princess?”

Hye Sun: “Congratulations. Excuse me.”

Hye Ri: “Is Hye Sun okay?”

Hyun Joong: “Ehh yeah she must just be really happy. I’ll go check on her. Why don’t you two continue celebrating.”

Hyun Joong walks into the woman’s bathroom and finds Hye Sun crying in a stall. At this moment he should have felt like dying just like her but all he could think about was Hye Sun not Hye Ri.

Hye Sun: “It’s over.”

Hyun Joong takes out a handkerchief wipes the tears off Hye Sun’s face. He helps her up and takes her to the mirror.

Hyun Joong: “Look at those eyes. They’re going big and red tomorrow. Ji Hye Sun’s is too beautiful to look like that.” Smiles.


*********************************MIN HO’S FLASHBACK***********************************
7 months ago…

Min Ho’s Thoughts:
Why do I long for Hye Sun? Shouldn’t I be happy Hye Ri is by my side? If I look deep inside my heart is there a place for her. A place not even Hye Ri can fill? If there is then I’ll be an internal hell. I can’t be in love with my brother’s girlfriend.

Hye Ri: “It’s getting late. Let’s go home.”

Min Ho: “Okay.”

Min Ho’s Thoughts:
Hye Ri, you’re by my side everyday. When I wake up in the morning I see your illuminating smile. Just a few feet away I can feel your presence. I sleep next to the wall just so I can be close to you in the next apartment…For the love and care you’ve shown me I promise I’ll be a better man, a man that can only think of you…a man that will be worthy…a man that would never think of loving another woman other than you..

************************************END FLASHBACK*************************************

Hyun Joong: “I’m taking Hye Sun home.”

Hye Ri: “What’s wrong?”

Hyun Joong: “She ate something that upset her stomach. I’m sorry…Again congratulations.”

Min Ho: “Okay. Please take care of her.”

ICE SKATING RINK

Hyun Joong: “Cry all you want. I won’t leave your side.”

Hye Sun: “It’s really over this time. They’re getting married.” Sobbing.

Hyun Joong:  Sigh. “I’ll still be with you.”

Hye Sun: “Kim Hyun Joong. I Ji Hye Ri set you free from this love contract.”
 
Hyun Joong: “I Kim Hyun Joong reject your request.”

Hye Sun: “Joong.”

Hyun Joong: “Wasn’t there only three ways of getting out of this contract? One you truly don’t love Min Ho anymore. Two, I fall in love with someone. Three we both have to agree…and I don’t. We said three years you have to let me be your boyfriend for 6 more months.”

Hye Sun: Crying and laughing. “Babo why do you want to be with me another 6 months?”

Hyun Joong: “Like I said you’re a habit.”

*******************************Song: DBSK: Love In The Ice**********************************
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbzFnzFU52Y
http://www.jpopasia.com/lyrics/11364/tohoshinki/love-in-the-ice-korean.html

After an hour Hye Sun’s tears dry up and Hyun Joong holds her hand as they skate. Hyun Joong tries his best to make Hye Sun laugh. Although forceful at first Hye Sun smiles and feels a small happiness by Hyun Joong’s presence. Hyun Joong stops and shouts.
 
Hyun Joong: “LEE MIN HO! You babo you really lost a great girl! I won’t let you have her!” Turns back and looks at Hye Sun. “Let’s date for real this time. Look at only me. Even in the future if Min Ho regrets his decision and comes looking for you I won’t give you up.”

Hyun Joong slowly approaches Hye Sun and kisses her Hye Sun closes her eyes as she accepts the kiss.

Hyun Joong’s Thoughts:
Ji Hye Sun I’ve fallen in love with you. This is my confession to you as a man. I wanted for Hye Ri for so long that I didn’t notice I had already fallen in love with you. Little by little I realized you have always been the one for me, the only one.

Hye Sun’s Thoughts:
Kim Hyun Joong, you were the one I was meant to love. You’re the one that started taking my heart piece by piece. Thank you Min Ho for finally letting you go. I think I’ll be able to give my entire heart to Hyun Joong now.