Secret Admirer (Part 1)

Without Knowing I Fell In Love With You (Like A Fool I Don't Know Anything Else But Love)

Days passed, weeks passed, and months passed by…The once inseparable three had now become the inseparable four. They say time heals all, but Hye Sun still felt a dull pain in her chest whenever she saw Min Ho and Hye Ri together. The happiness she longed for was Hye Ri’s happiness now. Hye Sun wanted to hate Hye Ri, but she couldn’t bring herself to. Hye Ri was so kind, with a charismatic personaility, she was someone Hye Sun had grown attached to and a good friend. Hyun Joong and Hye Ri’s relationship remained as student and teacher. A once reclusive and quiet Hyun Joong was now smiling more.

Min Ho’s and Hye Ri’s relationship only got better with time. Their relationship hadn’t endured any obstacles until……………..

Hyun Joong: “Min Ho, what are you doing here?”

Min Ho: “I just wanted to drop by and say hi….where’s Hye Sun?”

Hyun Joong: “She went to the bathroom..she’ll be in class in a bit.”

Min Ho: “Maybe I should go to your class with you and surprise her.”

Hyun Joong: “She’ll probably like that…but where’s Hye Ri?”

Min Ho: “She’ll be coming later, she has a doctor’s appointment this morning.”

Hyun Joong: “Then stay with us for a bit.”

Hyun Joong and Min Ho enter Hyun Joong and Hye Sun’s classroom. They are surprised to find a sealed envelope on Hye Sun’s desk.”

Min Ho: “Hey…who put this here?”

Girl: “We don’t know oppa it was here since we came in.”

Hye Sun: “Min Ho.” Smiles.

Min Ho: Smiling. “Hye Sun I haven’t seen you since yesterday..I already miss you so I came by to say hi.”

Hye Sun: “Thanks....Did you leave this here Min Ho?”

Min Ho: Shakes his head. “It was already here when I got here.”

Hye Sun picks up the envelope. On the front its addressed to:
Miss Ji Hye Sun
From: You’re secret adrmirer.

Hye Sun: “Is this a joke guys?”

Hyun Joong: “No..it was really here when we got here.”

Hye Sun proceeds to open the envelope. In it there’s a letter:
Ji Hye Sun,
I’ve watched you from a far for some time now. Because I can’t bring myself to tell you face to face “I like you” I write you this letter. I like everything about you Hye Sun. I like your smile in the mornings, your frown when you’re sad, you’re child like laughter, it brightens my day. You’re not pretentious, superficial or haughty like the other girls, maybe that’s why I like you so much. Beauty, status, money will fade in time, but a woman with a kind heart and tender soul will be forever. I’ve never seen anyone kinder or more beautiful than you Hye Ri. If one day I could just hold you for one second than I consider myself a lucky man. For the man that has your heart is truly the man I want to be. Even if you never know who I am, I’ll be happy to just continue watching you from a far.

Your Secret Admirer

Hye Sun: “This gotta be a joke right?”

Hyun Joong comes by her side and takes a look at the letter.

Hyun Joong: Smiling. “It looks like you have a secret admirer…Our little Hye Sun is growing up.” Pulls on Hye Sun’s cheeks.

Min Ho: “Let me see that!”

Min Ho glances at the letter and shakes his head.

Min Ho: “This can’t be right. Hey! This guy is some kind of stalker! How does he know so much about your smile, and laughter?”

Hyun Joong: “Well maybe Hye Sun already knows him. Now that I think about it our Hye Sun is no longer cute, but a beautiful woman now.” Smiles.

Min Ho: “Beautiful woman? She’s still just a little girl.”

Hye Sun: “HEY! Min Ho! Are you saying I’m not a beautiful woman?”

Min Ho: “YES! You’re still a little kid.”

Hye Sun: “You know what you can go back to class.” Chases Min Ho out of the room.

Min Ho’s Thoughts:
Secret admirer? What secret admirer there’s someone playing a joke on her.

*************************************FLASHBACK*****************************************
Hyun Joong: “Hye Sun is no longer cute, but a beautiful woman now.” Smiles.
***********************************END FLASHBACK**************************************

What beautiful woman, she’s still clumsy and dresses like a kid. She’s our little sister not some y woman for men to ogle.

Hye Sun’s Thoughts:
Little girl? I’ll show you Lee Min Ho. I can be a beautiful woman too!

Hyun Joong’s Thoughts:
I wonder who sent that letter….(Laugh) I guess things are going to get interesting around here.

Over the next few days there was a letter for Hye Sun each day. Although Hye Sun didn’t know who this secret admirer was, she felt happy someone had noticed her…and finally the letter that would change everything came.


Ji Hye Sun,
I thought writing you letters filled with my thoughts, feelings, and good wishes would be enough for me, but with each letter I wish to be closer. I know by no longer being your secret admirer I risk being rejected, but you’re worth it Ji Hye Sun. If there’s a chance you can accept me please meet me today after school at the school courtyard.”

-HJ

Hye Sun’s Thoughts:
HJ? Who’s HJ? The letters he’s sent me contain some of the most beautiful things any man has ever said to me. Almost all the boys that go to our school are handsome, and come from good families, so he’s most likely good looking and rich….and from his letters I know he has a good heart, and a man I can really like….so why am I hesitating to meet him?….Hye Sun you idiot you know why you’re heart is telling you no when your head is saying yes…it’s because of Min Ho. Even if he’s with Hye Ri, you still hold out hope one day he’ll realize you’re the woman that he needs.

ART ROOM

Hyun Joong: “Another letter?”

Hye Sun: Nods. “He wants to meet with me.”

Hyun Joong: “Will you go?”

Hye Sun: “I don’t know.”

Hyun Joong: “Why? He seems like the perfect guy for you…wait he might not be as handsome as me, is that the reason?” Smiles.

Hye Sun. “No..I…”

Hyun Joong: “..because of Min Ho?”

Hye Sun remains silent and looks down.

Hyun Joong: “I know you still like him. After all these months he’s been with Hye Ri, you still hope one day….”

Hye Sun: “It’s not like that. I hope Min Ho and Hye Ri won’t break up. They seem so…happy together.”

Hyun Joong: “I guess you really meant you would sacrifice your own happiness for the person you loved…. But just because you couldn’t find happiness by Lee Min Ho’s side doesn’t mean you can’t find happiness with someone else.”

Hyun Joong leaves Hye Ri thinking about a potential happiness with her secret admirer.

After thinking over Hye Sun decides she should at least meet with him. She arrives at the courtyard after school. There are hardly any students around only couples.….but then she feels a tap on her shoulder.

Hyung Joon: “Please be my girlfriend Ji Hye Sun.” Holding flowers and chocolates.

Hye Sun is shocked to find out her secret admirer is none other than the most handsome and richest boy in her class. Kim Hyung Joon’s family is well known through out Korea they have shares in all the major corporations. He had the sweetest smile, strong physique and a y appeal…and now he was standing in front of her looking like prince charming in his black and white suit.

Hye Sun: “Kim Hyung Jun….you’re…you’re my secret admirer? But why would you like me?”

Hyung Jun: Smiling. “Why wouldn’t I like you?”

Hye Sun: “It’s really you?”

Hyung Joon nods.

Hye Sun: “It’s not a some sort of joke or act is it?”

Hyung Jun: “What happened to the brave and confident Hye Sun I know?”

Hye Sun: “It’s really me?”

Hyung Jun: “Yes. Ji Hye Sun is the girl Kim Hyung Jun likes. Kim Hyung Joon is Hye Sun’s secret admirer…So will you please answer my question now? Will you be my girlfriend?”

Hye Sun: “I…..I..”

From a far Hyun Joong and Min Ho are walking by.

Min Ho: “Who’s that with Hye Sun?”

Hyun Joong: Smiling. “I guess she really had a prince waiting for her.”

Min Ho: “What?”

Hyun Joong: “It looks like Kim Hyung Joon was Hye Sun’s secret admirer. He’s the most popular guy in our class.”

Min Ho: Tightening his fist. “What is he think he’s doing with our Hye Sun?”

Hyun Joong: “Where you going?”

Min Ho begins to walk toward Hyung Joon and Hye Sun…

Hye Sun: “I’m sorry I can’t accept…I’m grateful for your letters. No one has ever said such beautiful things to me. I even thought I could really like the man who wrote me these letters. I was moved by all of them. I felt happy someone could feel that way about me.”

Hyung Jun: “Then why can’t you accept me? You said you could really like me?”

Hye Sun: “I could…you’re not only handsome, kind and thoughtful, but someone I can depend on.”

Hyung Jun: “Then..?”

Hyung Joong: “When thinking I could….my heart won’t let me….because I like someone else, and as long as he’s in my heart I can’t accept anyone else.”

Hyung Jun: Sigh. “I understand…I wish I could be that man, but I’m not. Please take these flowers and chocolates as a sign of my sincerity.” Hands Hye Sun the flowers and chocolates. “If one day you change your mind…”

Min Ho is overwhelmed by a strong emotion he has never felt before and punches Hyung Jun .

Min Ho: “Hey! What do you think you’re doing?”

Hye Sun drops the flowers and chocolate and runs to keep Min Ho from hurting Hyung Jun.

Hye Sun: “What are you doing?! Leave him alone.” Gets down by Hyung Joon’s side. “Awh..you’re bleeding.”

Hyung Jun: “I’m okay. It’s nothing to worry about.”

Min Ho: With an angry expression. “This is that stalker that’s been sending you letters isn’t he?”

Hye Sun: With an annoyed expression. “He’s not a stalker!” Hits Min Ho on his shoulder. “He’s a classmate. A classmate you need to apologize to!”

Min Ho: “I’m not apologizing to this guy. Because he’s that guy with the letters, am I right?”

Hye Sun: “I don’t know what this has anything to do with you Min Ho, but yes he is and Hyung Joon oppa hasn’t done anything wrong! He’s a nice classmate with good intentions!”

Min Ho: “A classmate?! Nice?! Good intentions?! Don’t be fooled Hye Sun, this guy all he wants is…….is to….is to use you! Please open your eyes and realize this guy is just playing. How could this player ever take you seriously?”

Hye Sun: “ How could you say that?” With a disappointing expression. “He’s playing with me? Is it so hard to believe an unbelievably handsome and kind man would ever take me serious? That he could ever have feelings for a girl like me?”

Min Ho: “I didn’t mean it like that. I’m just worried about you…lets go and we can talk” Grabbing Hye Sun’s hand.

Hye Sun: “LEE MIN HO!” Releases herself from Min Ho’s grip. “Leave. This is none of your business.”

Min Ho: “How can I leave you with this guy?”

Min Ho tries to take Hye Sun’s hand again, but Hyung Joon interferes.

Hyung Jun: “If you’re really Hye Sun’s friend respect her decision.” Wiping the blood from his nose.

Min Ho: “Who are you to get involved?”

Hye Sun: “Right now he’s the only one that is allowed to….Let’s go oppa.”

Hye Sun helps Hyung Joon stand up straight and walks off with him.

Out of frustration Min Ho punches a wall. Hyun Joong comes running to Min Ho.

Hyun Joong: “Hyung, what happened?”

Min Ho: “Let’s go.”

Hyun Joong and Min Ho return to their house. Meanwhile Hye Sun takes Hyung Jun to the bathroom to clean the blood from his face.

Hye Sun: Gently wiping Hyung Joon’s face. “I’m sorry. Lee Min Ho shouldn’t have hit you. He’s always doing before thinking.”

Hyung Jun: “It’s not your fault..so don’t be sorry….if it’s for you Hye Sun I’m willing to take 100 punches.”

HYUN JOONG & MIN HO’S HOUSE

Min Ho: “What is this girl thinking?! ASHH! She’s so blinded by that Kim Hyung Joon. What kind of guy writes letter to a girl saying he doesn’t care if she ever notices him and then goes off showing himself? Feeding her sweet words to only make Hye Sun to do whatever he wants. It’s obvious he wants one thing from her!”

Hyun Joong: “Why are you so sure? You don’t know Kim Hyung Joon’s intentions. For all we know he really likes Hye Sun. These last few days Hyung Joon’s letters have made Hye Sun so happy. So if Hyung Joon really likes Hye Sun and she accepts him I won’t interfere.”

Min Ho: “Hyun Joong! Hye Sun’s our little sister how could just let her go with that punk?”

Hyun Joong: “Why are you acting like this Min Ho? You’re acting as thought…as though..”

The door opens.

Hye Ri: “Min Ho, Hyun Joong are you here?”

Hyun Joong: “Hi Hye Ri.”

Hye Ri: “What’s wrong?”

Hyun Joong: “See if you could talk any sense to Min Ho. I’m going to get some work done.” Leaves the room.

Hye Ri: “What’s going on?”

Min Ho: “It’s Hye Sun” Sigh “….some jerk is trying to make her go out with him.”

Hye Ri: “That’s great! Aww I’m so happy for Hye Sun. She’s very pretty but since she’s always hanging around with Hyun Joong and you, guys are afraid to even come talk to her. We can go on double dates now.” Smiles.

Min Ho: “What? Pretty? Afraid? Hey if this guy was decent he would come talk to me or Hyun Joong first.”

Hye Ri: Chuckles. “You’re making it seem like you’re her father.”

Min Ho: “Does more than 10 years of friendship mean nothing to her? Ashh it just makes me mad she left with him and didn’t even want to talk to me!” Kicks a chair.

Hye Ri: “Min Ho..don't be like that. Maybe she likes him…”

Min Ho: “That jerk isn’t good enough for her.”

Hye Ri: “Do you know him?”

Min Ho: “I don’t need to know him to know he’s bad news. Besides that's not the kind of man I imagine my Hye Sun with."

Hye Ri: "Then what kind of man do you imagine with her with?"

Min Ho: "I guess he has to be good looking, like music, play an insturment like piano, be kind to her...be a gentleman, make Hye Sun her favorite foods....uhh....take her to beach..the movies and let her decide the film...."

Hye Ri: "Min Ho...do you realize your describing yourself?"

Min Ho: Blushes. "I am not!"

Hye Ri: Giggle. "If I didn't know better I would think you want to be Hye Sun's perfect man. I guess you just want someone like you for Hye Sun. I understand, and if you once had a little crush on Hye Sun I understand too." Smiles.

Min Ho: "Its not like that." Embarrassed look.

Hye Ri: Giggles. "Okay. Why don' t you try to get to know this guy. He might be a good guy and have sincere feelings for Hye Sun. Come on." Playfully pushing Min Ho.

Min Ho: "No."

Hye Ri: "Come on."

Min Ho: Sighs. "Alright. But that jerk better not be playing with her feelings or else."

********************************************************************
Preview: (WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

 

"If you ever hurt her, you know you're dead, right?"

Is Kim Hyung Joon worth dressing like that? Ahh...why do I feel so strange seeing her that way...Doesn't she know what kind of thoughts run through a man’s mind when seeing the girl they like dressed like that?...."

“Ashh..this guy really is willing to make a fool of himself just to make Hye Sun like him.”

"HYE SUN! HYE SUN!....HELP!"