A Dangerous Tango

Without Knowing I Fell In Love With You (Like A Fool I Don't Know Anything Else But Love)

HYUN JOONG’S HOUSE

Hyun Joong: “Min Ho. We need to talk.”

Min Ho: “Little brother, you ignore me for days and now you want to talk?”

Hyun Joong: “The rumors…they’re true.”

Min Ho: “Why you..how could you do that to me? Why did you have to sneak behind my back with Hye Sun?! And how could you talk her into doing something like that?”

Hyun Joong: “We spend the night together….but nothing happened.”

Min Ho: “What?”

Hyun Joong: “Hye Sun was really upset over Hyung Jun. She felt horrible after rejecting him. Hyung Jun offered her everything and all she could give him was friendship. So I took her to a hotel to forget her troubles. They have a lot of fun things to do there..not just what you’re thinking.” Smirk. “So that’s what happened.”

Min Ho felt relieved after hearing the so-called truth from Hyun Joong.

Min Ho: “Nothing happened then? You’re not together?”

Hyun Joong: “No..but say we were, what then?”

Min Ho: “What?”

Hyun Joong: “Would you care? Are you willing to give Hye Sun to me and only me?”

Min Ho: “I don’t know why you’re asking me this? It’s not like it’s going to happen.”

Hyun Joong: Smiles. “Who knows that day may come. Hye Sun is growing more beautiful each day. It’s not like she’s our actual sister.”

Min Ho: “What? What are you talking about?! Quit saying these ridiculous things.”

Hyun Joong: “Don’t worry if that day comes I’ll let you know. I won’t sneak behind your back.” Extends his hand out to Min Ho. “We’re good now?”

Min Ho: Meets Hyun Joong’s hand. “Yeah.”

Hyun Joong: “I’ll see you later tonight.”

Min Ho: “Tonight?”

Hyun Joong: “Mhmm…You are going to the dance right?”

Min Ho: “Yeah but how did you…”

Hyun Joong: “Good I bet we’ll have fun…with our dates.”

Min Ho: “Dates?”

Hyun Joong’s Thoughts:
Just as I suspected…Lee Min Ho there are things you keep from me, even from yourself.

HYE SUN’S HOUSE

~Knock knock~

Hye Sun: Opens the door. “Hyung Jun.”

Hyung Jun: Holding a bouquet of flowers. “I know we’re friends now, but that doesn’t mean we still can’t have fun together right?”

Hye Sun: Smiling. “Of course not.”

Hyung Jun: Smiling. “Then would you like to go to the dance with me tonight?”

Hye Sun: “I’m sorry Hyung Jun…I can’t.”

Hyung Jun: “Too soon?”

Hye Sun: “It’s not that…I’m already going with someone…”

Hyung Jun: “Oh….”

Hye Sun: “I’m going with a friend. If you would have asked me earlier I would have said yes.”

Hyung Jun: “I understand.”



Later that night…

Hye Ri: “Min Ho filled me in on what happened.”

Hyun Joong: “Mmm.”

Hye Ri: “I knew it couldn’t be true. It was just some misunderstanding. After all you and Hye Sun are like brother and sister.”

Hyun Joong: “Brother and sister?.…things can change.”

Hye Ri: “What?”

Min Ho: “If you weren’t my brother I wouldn’t let you even come close to Hye Ri.” Smiles. “But since you are you can help me keep these guys away from her. I don’t blame them look at Hye Ri she looks even more stunning tonight.

Hye Ri: “Stop it Min Ho you’re making me blush.”

Min Ho: “Its true, don’t you think Hyun Joong?”

Hyun Joong: In a cold expression. “Yeah.”

Hye Ri: “Well I think you look handsome in your suit Sunbae.”

Min Ho: “Hey What about me?”

Hye Ri: “Ehh…you’re okay.”

Min Ho: “Ashhh..Why are you checking out other men anyways?”

Hye Ri: Laughs. “You’re so easy to trick Min Ho.”

Loud whispering fills the room.
“Wow I can’t believe that’s her.”
“I guess she’s finally showing her true self.”
“Who would have known she would look this good…it’s no wonder Sunbae is with her.”
“y..”
“Argh…she’s making us look bad.”

Hye Ri: “Ji Hye Sun.”

Hye Sun: “Hi. Sorry I’m late.

Hyun Joong: “I see my date is finally here.” Kisses Hye Sun’s hand. “You look nice.”

Hye Ri: “Wow you look gorgeous girl! You have to do my hair and make up and help me pick out a dress next time. Don’t you think she looks gorgeous, Min Ho?”

Min Ho’s mind has seemed to gone blank. He has no words to utter. He remember the last time he saw Hye Sun all made up when she went on a date with Hyung Jun, but this time….in Min Ho’s eyes Hye Sun looked a million times more beautiful and dazzling than that day.

Hyun Joong: “I agree. Don’t you think our dates are the most beautiful woman here?” Smiles.

Min Ho: “Ehh..what is this Hye Sun? Did you pour yourself into that dress?! Don’t you think this kind of dress doesn’t suit you? Is this a dress a nice girl should be wearing? Ashh that dress is too short and too tight!” Crosses his arm and looks the other way. “Look at these guys their like vultures they can’t stop staring. Go change! This dress is making you look…it’s making you look easy!”

Hye Ri: “Min Ho! Apologize now!”

Min Ho: “I won’t! Because it’s the truth.”

Hyun Joong: “Min Ho. Quit saying stupid things.”

Hye Sun: “Poured myself in? Too Short? Easy?! LEE MIN HO! I can look beautiful without looking like a tramp.”

Hyun Joong: “Lets go.”

Hyun Joong grabs Hye Sun’s hand and walks to dance floor.

Hye Sun: “Assh that Lee Min Ho! I try my best to give him happiness, and what does he give me? He gives me insults. I know I’m not as skinny as Hye Ri, but saying I poured myself in my dress? That’s too far. Too tight? His brain is too tight.”  

Hyun Joong: “Put your hands here.”

Hye Sun and Hyun Joong begin to dance.

Hye Ri: “What is wrong with you Min Ho? How could you say those things to Hye Sun?”

Min Ho: “Did you not see how she was dressed?”

Hye Ri: “Yes I did. There was nothing wrong with it, why are you getting upset. Are you getting jealous?”

Min Ho: “NO!…I mean its not what you think. I told you already I only think of Hye Sun as my sister so please don’t think any bad thoughts. I just don’t want other men to think she’s easy and take advantage of her.”

Hye Ri: “I think she’ll be just fine. She looks like a beautiful woman in that dress…not easy. No guy will hit on her or try anything, not while you’re here and besides she’s Hyun Joong’s date.”

Min Ho: “I guess but next time you go with her to make sure she wears more clothes.”

Hye Ri: Smiles. “Okay. Come on you owe me a dance.”

Min Ho and Hye Ri dance next to Hyun Joong and Hye Sun.

Hye Ri’s Thoughts:
At least I know Min Ho isn’t interested in Hye Sun….and as for Hye Sun…it looks like she’s never going to make a move. To be honest I felt relieved when she showed up with Hyun Joong. If those two can get together it would be perfect. My mind would be more at ease.

Hyun Joong: “Have you calmed down yet?”

Hye Sun: “Asshh that Min Ho is nothing but trouble.”

Hyun Joong: “Trouble you still love?”

Hye Sun: “Please don’t mention that…please Oppa.”

Min Ho becomes extremely affectionate with Hye Ri as they dance. Hye Sun’s heart begins to ache again as she sees them together like that.

Hyun Joong: “When you said you’re giving up Min Ho for good, were you serious?”

Hye Sun: “What?”

Hyun Joong: “If there’s some hope you can be with him, would you keep trying?”

Hye Sun: “I already made my decision and you know my answer.”

Hyun Joong: “Smirk. Decisions can be changed, and outcomes too…it’s all up to you.”

Hye Sun: “What are you talking about?” Looking at Min Ho and Hye Ri.

Hyun Joong: “Its obvious you’re thinking about him right now…wishing that was you in his arms.”

Hye Sun: “I’m not.”

Hyun Joong: “You know you’re not a very good liar.”

Hye Sun: “Hyun Joong…”

Hyun Joong: “If you can’t go a second without thinking about Min Ho how are you ever going to let him go?”

Hye Sun: “I can think about him if I want…because I’ll never act on it.”

Hyun Joong: “Before you say you’re going to forget him for good, you might want to think about it some more.”

Hye Sun: “Wasn’t it you that said to forget him?”

Hyun Joong: “Actually I said forget him or fight for him….and it’s obvious you won’t forget Min Ho anytime soon.”

Hye Sun: Begins to tear up and lets go of Hyun Joong. “What are you doing?”

Hye Sun runs out of the room.

Hyun Joong: “Hye Sun! Wait!”

Hye Ri and Min Ho are too preoccupied to even notice they have left.

Hyun Joong: “Wait Hye Sun!”

Hye Sun: Crying. “Why Hyun Joong? Why are you playing with me like this?”

Hyun Joong: “I’m not.”

Hye Sun: “You tell me forget him one minute and then tell me I can’t and should fight for him.”

Hyun Joong: “When I told you to forget Lee Min Ho I really was trying to help you. But I know forgetting you’re first love isn’t easy.”

Hye Sun: “How would you know Hyun Joong, have you even been in love?”

Hyun Joong: “You’re right I haven’t, but we’ve known each other for so long that I know another kind of love. A love between friends and a love between brother and sister and I wouldn’t let someone take you away as a friend and as my sister so I understand the feeling.”

Hye Sun: “It’s not the same.

Hyun Joong: “I know but it’s the closets thing I know….Hye Sun, I can’t let you give up.”

Hye Sun: “Why?”

Hyun Joong: “. When Min Ho came into our classroom yelling at us something became clear to me that day. Although at times Min Ho’s jealousy seemed that of a man towards a woman, I really thought it was a jealousy between siblings and friends….But it’s not. Lee Min Ho sees you as a woman.”

Hye Sun: “What?”

Hyun Joong: “Ask yourself why was Min Ho so upset when Kim Hyung Jun confessed to you, he not only punched him once but twice. Do you think a friend or even a brother would do that, if the man that was courting their little sister was as gentle as Hyung Jun?”

Hye Sun: “That doesn’t mean anything.”

Hyun Joong: “How about when Min Ho thought you and I had spend the night together. His anger was at an all time high. I told nothing happened between us that I was just consoling you but afterwards when I hinted a possibility of having feelings for you…a possibility for you reciprocating those feelings, and being together. He couldn’t answer if he would accept it. If he could let you go, and let me have you, be the only one that had you.”

Hye Sun: “That…”

Hyun Joong: “So you see Lee Min Ho very much sees you as a woman or why would he act like he did just now? Too tight? Pour yourself in? Easy? He obviously found himself extremely attractive to you and didn’t know what to make of his feelings, so he just ended up saying stupid things. Especially when other men had their eye on you.”

Hye Sun: “So what if he does?”

Hyun Joong: “Aren’t you happy?

Hye Sun: “I’m still no Hye Ri. If he really truly felt something for me, something real he would have told me a long time ago.”

Hyun Joong: Smiles. “Are you kidding that babo hasn’t figured it out……….so….” Looks at Hye Sun. “We have to help him figure it out.”

Min Ho: “Hey you two! We’ve been looking for you everywhere.”

Hye Ri: “Come back inside. It’s a too warm outside.”

Min Ho: “Hye Sun, were you crying?”

Hyun Joong: “Mmmm, she was crying.”

Min Ho: “What happened?”

Hye Ri: “What’s wrong tell Unni.”

Hyun Joong: Smiles. “It’s not what you guys think. They’re…they’re tears of joy.”

Min Ho: “Joy?”

Hyun Joong: “Mhmm…Hye Sun has just accepted to be my girlfriend.”

Hye Ri: “Congratulations!” Hugs Hye Sun.

Min Ho: “Girl….Girlfr…Girlfriend?”

Hyun Joong: “Yeah. Hyung, remember I would tell you if this day would come. Well I like Hye Sun. I’ve like Hye Sun very much for sometime now. I’m hoping Hye Sun also feels the same since she’s accepted to be my girlfriend.”

Hye Sun stands there speechless staring at Hyun Joong.

Min Ho: “Is it true Hye Sun? Have you accepted Hyun Joong?”

***********************************HYE SUN’S FLASHBACK********************************
Hyun Joong: “…promise me you’ll agree with whatever I say today for the whole day.”

Hye Sun: “I Promise.”

*************************************END FLASHBACK************************************

Hye Sun: Nods. “Its true. I’ve accepted Kim Hyun Joong.” Smiles.

Hyun Joong: Holds Hye Ri’s hand. “What do you say Hyung? Will you give us your blessings?”

Min Ho: “I….I…Congratulations.” Forceful smile.

Hyun Joong: “I promise I’ll take care of Hye Sun. I’ll always be by her side…forever.” Kisses Hye Sun’s hand. “From this day on Ji Hye Sun belongs to Kim Hyun Joong and only to Kim Hyun Joong.”

At the side stands Kim Hyung Jun witnessing the entire scene.


******************************************************************************************
PREVIEW: (WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILERS)



“Was Kim Hyun Joong the guy you couldn’t forget?”

“Lets go on a double date.”

“Why are you doing this Oppa?”

“Teach me piano…”