A Growing Jealousy

Without Knowing I Fell In Love With You (Like A Fool I Don't Know Anything Else But Love)

After a minute Min Ho finally comes up with Hye Sun in his arms.

Hyung Jun: “Hye Sun. Is she okay?”

Min Ho: “Call an ambulance!”

Min Ho lightly slaps Hye Sun’s cheeks.

Min Ho: “Hye Sun wake up.”

Hyun Joong comes up for air, and sees Min Ho by Hye Sun’s side.

There’s no reaction from Hye Sun. Min Ho begins giving Hye Sun CPR.

Hyun Joong watches while Min Ho’s lips repeatedly touch Hye Sun’s.

Finally Hye Sun coughs up water.

Hyun Joong: “Hye Sun, are you alright?”

Min Ho: “Hye Sun!”

Hye Sun: “Min Ho.”

Min Ho: “You’re alive.” Tightly hugs Hye Sun.

Hyun Joong quietly steps asides and quietly waits for the ambulance to arrive.

HOSPITAL

Doctor: “Miss Ji is going to be fine. My only concern is that she came in with wet clothes and has a slight fever. It’s best if she stays overnight. After that she can rest at home.

Min Ho: “Thank you.”

Hyun Joong: “I called Hye Sun’s parents so, once they come we can leave.”

Min Ho: “Even if auntie and uncle come I’m not leaving Hye Sun’s side.” Hye Sun’s hair.

Hyun Joong: “Okay…I’ll come by later to bring you some clothes.”

Min Ho: “You’re leaving?”

Hyun Joong: “There’s no reason for both of us to be here. Don’t worry I’ll let mom and dad know.” Leaves room.

Hyung Joon: “Hye Sun….is she going to be alright.”

Min Ho gets up and pushes Hyung Jun out of the room.

Min Ho: “Who’s fault is it she’s here?”

Hyung Joon: “I just wanted to give Hye Sun a perfect date.” Head down.

Min Ho: “Is this what you call a perfect date, huh? I warned you if anything happened to Hye Sun.”

Hyung Joon: Falls on his knees. “I’m sorry, forgive me. Please let me see her just for a little bit.”

Min Ho: “When she wakes up she can decide. For now you’re not welcomed here.”

Min Ho closes the door and returns by Hye Sun’s side.

Min Ho: “It’s going to be okay. I’m not leaving your side.” Kisses her forehead.

Hyun Joong goes back to his house where he finds Hye Ri waiting in his living room.

Hye Ri: “Oh Hyun Joong sunbae. You’re late today, but it’s okay.” Smiles.

Hyun Joong: “I’m sorry I’m canceling our session today.”

Hye Ri: “Why?”

Hyun Joong: “Hye Sun is in the hospital.”

Hye Ri: “What happened?!”

Hyun Joong: “She had an accident, but it’s nothing serious.”

Hye Ri: “We should go see her.”

Hyun Joong: “No need, we can go see her once she’s back home.”

Hye Ri: “But…she needs us. Even if it’s not serious we should go show our concern.”

Hyun Joong: “It’s not necessary…Min Ho is with her.”

Hye Ri: “Min Ho?”

Later that night…

HOSPITAL

Hyun Joong and Hye Ri have brought flowers and get well gifts for Hye Sun. When they arrive to Hye Sun’s room they find a peaceful Hye Sun sleeping in the arms of a gentle Min Ho in the bed. The sight of this makes Hye Ri’s heart ache.

Hyun Joong: Whispering. “Maybe we should come tomorrow. Both of them seem like they need a good nights rest. “

Hye Ri: Half Smile. “Yeah.”


The next day…

HOSPITAL

Hye sun wakes up and finds Min Ho lying besides her.

Hye Sun: Smiling “Little babo, what are you doing here?”

Min Ho: Opens his eyes “I’m not the babo, you’re my little babo.” Smiles.

Hye Sun: Smiles. “Have you been here the whole night?”

Min Ho: “Mhmm…I couldn’t bear to leave you alone.”

Hye Sun: “Where’s everyone?”

Min Ho: “Your parents came by yesterday. Your mom offer to stay the night, but I told her I would be here.”

Hye Sun: “Does my umma trust you that much?”

Min Ho: Smiling. “Yeah she said Lee Min Ho you’re so good to my Hye Sun…that’s why I always want you to call me umma, because I hope you can marry our Hye Sun one day.”

Hye Sun playfully slaps Min Ho’s stomach.

Hye Sun: “You’re such a joker.”

Min Ho: Smiling, looks by the window. “Someone brought you flowers.”

Min Ho gets up and reads the note attached to it.
“Ji Hye Sun get well soon! ^.^ Fighting!”
-Unni, Jeon Hye Ri

“Oppa will take you out once you get better!
-Kim Hyun Joong

Hye Sun: “That was really sweet of them sending flowers.”

Min Ho: “I guess they came by when we were asleep.”

Hye Sun: “You should go back home. Hye Ri probably misses you already.”

Min Ho: Shakes his head. “She can miss me a little bit longer. I’ll go back once you’re released.”

In the afternoon Hye Ri and Hyun Joong return to the hospital. The four of them have a long talk, trying to make Hye Sun feel better.

Min Ho: “The doctor says Hye Sun can be released later today. She caught a cold, but we can take care of that at home.”

Hye Ri: “That’s great.” Smiles.

Hyun Joong: “Does that mean I have to deal with your antics at home again?”

Min Ho: “No….I’ll just sleep in Hye Ri’s guest room. I’m not letting anything else happen to my little Hye Sun.” Pats her head.  

Hye Ri’s Thoughts:
My little Hye Sun? Has Hye Sun always belonged to Min Ho? Even after all these months we’ve been dating Lee Min Ho has not once addressed me as his Hye Ri.

~Knock Knock~

Hyung Jun: “Can I come in?”

Hye Sun: “Hyung Joon, what are you doing here?”

Hyung Joon comes in with a bouquet of flowers and a giant teddy bear.

Hyung Jun: “I wanted to say sorry. It was my fault you got hurt. I hope you can get better soon.” Lowers his head.

Hye Sun: “Hyung Joon. It wasn’t your fault so don’t blame yourself. I’m okay. In fact they’re letting me go today.”

Hyung Jun: Smiling. “Really? Do you want me to take you home?”

Min Ho: “No need I’m taking her home so if that’s all you came to say you can leave now.”

Hye Ri: “Min Ho don’t be rude.”

Hyun Joong: “Eh..why don’t you come with us. Hye Sun can use the company. It’ll be a change from only having Min Ho by her side.”

Hyung Joon smiles and nods.

Hye Ri: Grabs Min Ho’s arm. “It’ll be fun. Come on lets give them some time alone.”

Min Ho: Whispering. “What?”

Hyun Joong: “Then lets go to Hye Sun’s house and get everything ready.”

Min Ho: “Hey…who’s going to take Hye Sun home?”

Hye Ri: “Hyung Joon can do it. Come on lets go.”

Min Ho, Hye Ri, and Hyun Joong leave Hyung Jun and Hye Sun alone.

Hyung Jun: “So I guess I won’t be taking you on a second date anytime soon?” Smirk.

Hye Ri: “I wouldn’t say that.”

Hyung Joon: “Does that mean?”

Hye Ri: “Give me time…time to find out if I can let you in.”

Hye Sun is released from the hospital. Hyung Jun brings her home to a welcome home party that Min Ho has organized. The house is decorated with fresh flowers and has been stocked with medicines and nutritious foods.

Hyung Jun: “We’re here. Do you want me to get you anything?”

Hye Sun: “I’m fine. Thank You.”

Hyung Joon: “Careful don’t fall.”

Hyung Jun holds Hye Sun’s arm and places his hand around her waist.

Min Ho abruptly makes himself noticed.

Min Ho: “Hye Sun is there anything oppa can do for you?”

Hye Sun: “I think I would like to listen to oppa play piano.”

Min Ho: “Anything for you.”

Hyun Joong: “I’ll go get you a glass of water.”

Min Ho: “Hye Ri.”

Hye Ri: “Hmm?”

Min Ho: “Can you go get Hye Sun’s blanket from her room it’s upstairs down the hall to the left. I don’t want her to get even more sick.”

Hye Ri: Half smile “Sure.”

Hye Sun slowly walks upstairs. On the second floor she can still hear Min Ho’s laughter. A laughter she thought was only for her.

********************************HYE RI’S FLASHBACK*************************************
Min Ho: Smiles. “No..I’ve actually never played for any other girl besides Hye Sun.”
**********************************END FLASHBACK***************************************

Hye Sun enters Hye Sun’s room. Without any trouble she spots the blanket, but suddenly something catches her attention. It is a book of some sort with a lavish binding. It looks like it isn’t too old, but what makes Hye Sun most intrigued is the cover. The cover is hand painted. The small painting has the child faces of Hye Sun, Hyun Joong, and Min Ho at the top. On the bottom there is a piano, a violin and a small canvas and paint brush. In the middle the words “Hye Sun’s Treasure”.

Hye Ri’s Thoughts:
Min Ho was even cute back then.

Hye Ri’s curiosity gets the best of her and needs to know what’s inside the book. The first page reads
“Hye Sun from today onward we are best friends. Because you agreed to never leave Hyun Joong and Min Ho you should never lose this book. Fill the pages with our happiest and saddest moments. In return Hyun Joong oppa and Min Ho oppa will never leave your side and will protect you forever.”
                    Best Friends Forever      H <3 M <3 H

Hye Ri’s Thoughts:
This must be Hye Sun’s diary.

Hye Ri flips through a few pages and comes across old pictures of the three friends and journal entries…but suddenly  her eyes widen as she discovers something unexpected.

 “Lee Min Ho Saranghae…why can’t I tell you this? I’ve told you a million times in my head and on paper, but never to you. I want to believe somewhere deep inside your heart you feel the same way about me. Even if you say I’m your little sister, my heart doesn’t see you as my brother. You said you would be too lonely without me…I still keep the charm you gave me on my birthday and the words you said…I also want to believe we belong together and without the other there’s no reason for one of us to exist... Since we were little the only one in my heart has been you. If it takes 10 years, or a 100 years, I’ll still be waiting for you Lee Min Ho…

Saranghae….

Below the entry there’s a sketch of Min Ho.

Hye Ri sits down from the shock….

Hye Ri: “Ji Hye Sun is in love with Lee Min Ho.”

DOWNSTAIRS

Min Ho: “What’s taking Hye Ri so long?”

Hyun Joong: “I’ll go check on her.”

Hyun Joong goes upstairs and see’s Hye Ri leaving Hye Sun’s room.

Hyun Joong: “Hye Sun. Are you okay?”

Hye Ri: In a nervous tone. “I’m fine. I have to go.”

Hyun Joong: “Wait. What’s wrong?”

Hye Ri: “I have to go.” Hastily goes down the stairs.”

Hye Ri reaches downstairs to only find Min Ho sweetly playing piano to Hye Ri. She rushes out the door.

~Bang door closes~

The days passed and no word from Hye Ri. Min Ho didn’t even notice Hye Ri was avoiding him, because he was too busy taking care of Hye Sun. Min Ho couldn’t leave Hye Sun all alone, not when Hyung Jun would come to her house everyday and have Hye Sun depend on him. He tried his best to not show his dislike for Hyung Jun, but it was harder with each day. Hyung Jun would think of a different way to make Hye Sun laugh and make her like him even more…and for some reason this really annoyed Min Ho.

Hyun Joong himself was becoming frustrated as he watched the woman he loved being neglected by the man he thought would make her happy. Hyun Joong was wiling to give up Hye Ri because his brother made her happy but now….how could Min Ho do this to Hye Ri?

SCHOOL
Hyun Joong: “Hye Ri!”

Hye Ri: “Oh Hyun Joong sunbae.”

Hyun Joong: “You haven’t stopped by the house in days. Are you okay?”

Hye Ri: “I’m sorry, but don’t worry I’m still going to go to our session today…how’s Hye Sun doing?”

Hyun Joong: “The session isn’t my priority…you are….I mean I want to make sure you’re okay.”

Hye Ri: “I’m fine sunbae.” Forceful smile.

Hyun Joong: “Hye Sun is doing better. She should be fully recovered soon. So don’t worry you’ll have your boyfriend back.”

Hye Ri: “I understand, he’s Hye Sun’s best friend. So if he misses classes to be with Hye Sun I understand too.”

Hyun Joong: “How about we cancel our session today and do something fun instead.”

Hye Ri nods.

ICE SKATING RINK
Hye Ri: “Is this the place you wanted to take me sunbae?”

Hyun Joong: “Yeah, do you like ice skating?”

Hye Ri: Smiles. “Yes, it’s my favorite place. Ever since I was a little girl I loved to go to the uce  skating rink, but I haven’t gone recently…but how did you know I would like this place?”

Hyun Joong: “I once had a friend that said their most favorite place in the world was an ice skating rink. I thought maybe you would like it too.”

Hye Ri: “She must be a very special friend for sunbae if he remembers her after all these years.”

Hyun Joong: “How do you know it’s a she?”

Hye Ri: Smiling. “By the way you mention your friend.”

Hyun Joong: Smiles. "She was."


Hyun Joong gets Hye Ri her skates, he gently ties the laces for her. As they step into the ice rink it’s as if though they were elementary students. Hyun Joong tries to show off, but comically falls. Hye Ri gracefully shows off her figure skating moves.

Hyun Joong: “That’s not fair girls are always going to look cooler skating….and more prettier.”

***************************Song: Brand New Day: Love You***********************************

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX76LmkCLuM


Hye Ri: Blushing. “Sunbae. I want to go fast.” Gets behind Hyun Joong and holds his hands. “Skate fast so you can take me with you.

Hyun Joong is overwhelmed by Hye Ri’s warm hands touching him.

Hyun Joong: Smiling. “Tell me when it gets too scary.”

Hyun Joong skates around in circles with Hye Ri Holding his hands.

Hye Ri: “Sunbae…its too fast.” Laughs

Hyun Joong begins to slow down. He lets go of Hye Ri’s hands for a second to turn around and holds them again. Hye Ri and Hyun Joong stand close to each other holding hands. Hyun Joong smiles.

Hye Ri: “That was fun. Thank you Hyun Joong sunbae.”

Hyun Joong: “Do you want to tell me what’s wrong now?”

Hye Ri and Hyun Joong skate to a bench nearby.

Hye Ri: “Can I ask you something sunbae?”

Hyun Joong nods.

Hye Ri: With a serious expression. “Lee Min Ho and Ji Hye Ri….do you think…they…”

Hyun Joong: “Ah..you’re worried they’re more than friends?”

Hye Ri: “I know I’m being insecure right now, but sometimes I can’t understand Min Ho’s heart. He says he likes me very much, that I’m the only girl for him, but…there’s times like now that I feel his heart is with Hye Sun….and Hye Sun although being very beautiful has never wanted to date anyone, she’s always been by Lee Min Ho’s side.”

Hyun Joong: “Say there was something between them. Would you give up Min Ho?”

Hye Ri: “I don’t know.”

Hyun Joong: “I’ve known both of them for a long time now. Min Ho has a habit of keeping people especially girls at a distance…but you were the first girl Lee Min Ho let in. Yes he’s date other girls, but none of them were ever his girlfriend or even come close to knowing him the way you do. As for Hye Sun, she loves Min Ho and I very much…and even if she did love Min Ho, she would never tell him, not if he didn’t feel the same way about her. She would rather give up her happiness than ruin the happiness of the people she loves. Min Ho has been Hye Sun’s best friend for a long time so he cares for her a lot like a little sister….So stop worrying. Hye Sun’s already thinks of you as a friend so she would never do anything to hurt you.” Pats Hye Sun’s head.

Hye Ri: “I guess I’m making a big deal out of nothing. Hye Sun has been Lee Min Ho’s best friend for more than 10 years, I shouldn’t expect him to change his feelings towards Hye Sun just because I’m his girlfriend now. Thank you sunbae.” Lays her head on Hyun Joong’s shoulder.


HYE RI’S THOUGHTS:
Hyun Joong even you can’t say that Hye Sun doesn’t feel something for Min Ho. For someone I couldn’t stand in the beginning I can’t bear to lose Min Ho now. Am I being selfish if I wish Min Ho never finds out about Hye Sun’s true feelings?

HYUN JOONG’S THOUGHTS:
I want to stay by your side like this forever Hye Ri….but you have to go back to Lee Min Ho because he’s the one you love. Hye Sun and I can only watch the two of you from afar.