Too Little Too Late

Without Knowing I Fell In Love With You (Like A Fool I Don't Know Anything Else But Love)

Weeks Later…

Min Ho and Hye Ri started their wedding plans and looked for a new apartment. Meanwhile Hyun Joong tried his best to show his heart to Hye Sun. With sweet gestures Hye Sun started appreciating Hyun Joong and slowly faded Min Ho from her heart.

HYUN JOONG’S ROOM
 
Hye Sun: “Yeobo, do you like this picture?”
/*Yeobo=honey*/

Hyun Joong: Smiles. “I have a cute girlfriend don’t I? Even in this photo all I can do is look at her.”

Hye Sun: Blush. “Let’s add it to our album.”

Hyun Joong: “Album?”

Hye Sun: “Remember the diary you gave me?”

Hyun Joong: “Oh…you’re still writing in it?”

Hye Sun: “Mmm..I write all the nice things you do for me.” Opens the diary.

Hyun Joong: Laughs. “You still have that love contract we made?”

Hye Sun: “It’s because of this that I fell for you.”

Hyun Joong leans to kiss Hye Sun but her stomach growls.”

Hyun Joong: “ Eh  I guess we should get you something to eat.”

They walk downstairs and find Hye Ri and Min Ho busy with wedding plans.

Hyun Joong: “We’re going to eat. See you later.”

Hye Sun nods and follows Hyun Joong.

Min Ho: “What else is there to do?”

Hye Ri’s Thoughts:
Hyun Joong has changed since last year. He smiles a lot more. Even when I would talk to him he would smile now and then, but not like he does now. I’m a little jealous. I wish Min Ho would treat me the way Hyun Joong treats Hye Sun. In a way I miss the days when Min Ho first met and the relationship I once had with Hyun Joong.

Min Ho: “Hye Ri.”

Hye Ri: “Huh?”

Min Ho: “Is there something else we should do?”

Hye Ri: “Your mom said she wanted to do a slide show. She wanted baby pictures.”
Min Ho: “Okay. I think Hyun Joong has our childhood photo album in his room. I’ll just go and get it.”

Hye Ri: “I’ll call my mom and ask here where she left the photos in my house.”

Min Ho makes his way up Hyun Joong’s room and looks around for the album.

Min Ho: “Here it is. Cute. These should make mom happy.”

Next to the album he can’t help but notice Hye Sun’s diary.

Min Ho: “Ahhh…I can’t believe she still has this.” Smiles and opens it. “Oh this is us at the zoo.” Continues to flip the pages and stops at Hyun Joong and Hye Sun’s couple photo. “They look good together. Under the picture “HJ<3HS ”.

He quickly closes the book but a piece of paper falls out. Min Ho picks it up off the floor.

Min Ho: “What could this be?”

Paper:

KIM HYUN JOONG & JI HYE SUN’S LOVE CONTRACT

1st Rule: No one must find out about Kim Hyun Joong and Ji Hye Sun’s arrangement (Fake Realtionship)

2nd Rule: Dating other people is forbidden. Even if a new love interest is present no dating other people. No cheating!

3rd Rule: “Ji Hye Sun must follow Kim Hyun Joong’s lead with anything pertaining to the “relationship” This applies to verbal matters but is not limited to unexpected situations, personal displays of affection, etc…

4th Rule: Kim Hyun Joong must agree to grant all of Ji Hye Sun’s requests pertaining to the “relationship”. This includes all perfect boyfriend duties, but is not limited to any odd request, etc.

5th Rule: Kim Hyun Joong and Ji Hye Sun will fulfill all duties as a couple.

*Kim Hyun Joong does not have to state his reasons for learning piano.

EXIT CLAUSE:
If either party wishes to terminate the Love Contract before the expiration date they must receive the consent of the other party. However Ji Hye Sun reserves the right to terminate the contract without consent from Kim Hyun Joong if and only if she truthfully no longer loves Lee Min Ho. Kim Hyun Joong also reserves the right to terminate the contract if and only if he genuinely falls in love with a woman.

Expiration Date: 3 Years

KHJ, JHS

Min Ho sits down in shock.

********************************Song: Utada Hikaru: Prisoner of Love Inst.***************************
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOdxVDhcoEk

Min Ho’s Thoughts:
It couldn’t be….All this time Hyun Joong and Hye Sun have been lying…They’ve never….it was all lies.

Min Ho: With red eyes. “I can’t believe it.”

Hye Ri: “I called my mom she told me where I can get the photos…Did you find the album?…Min Ho? What’s that?”

Min Ho hands Hye Ri the contract.

Hye Ri: “Kim Hyun Joong & Ji Hye Sun’s Love Contract?”

Min Ho: “All this time I didn’t know…I didn’t know she felt that way about me. Hye Sun waited for me turn around and look at her to finally notice her love for me, but did I? I recklessly showed off our relationship. She had to resort to this…whatever this contract means.”

Hye Ri: “Min…even before our relationship she was already hurt. It’s a one-sided love that has been going since childhood.”

Min Ho: “Childhood? How do you know?”

Hye Ri: “I just meant..”

Min Ho: “Did you know about Hye Sun’s feelings for me before today?”

Hye Ri: “I…”

Min Ho: Firmly grabbing her. “Did you know?!” With bloodshot eyes. “Answer me!”

Hye Ri: “Yes.” Looks down.

Min Ho: Lets go. “You knew and you didn’t tell me. All this time you knew I was hurting the most dearest person to me and you did nothing!”

Hye Ri: “Most dearest person? Now you know why I didn’t tell you. If I had told you, would you have run to her?  You say you love me but yet you look at her. How do you think I felt? Since you can’t stand making a woman sad you wouldn’t be able to break up with me or be with Hye Sun. You would have switch back and forth between us. Once Hyun Joong started dating her I had no reason to tell you. So why are you angry with me now? Is it because I didn’t tell you when you had the chance to take your brother’s girlfriend?”

Min Ho raises his hand but with all his strength puts it down.

Min Ho: “Who are you? Do I even know who Jeon Hye Ri is? Better question is do I want to know her? Compared to Hye Sun you’re not close to being a good woman.”

SLAP

Hye Ri: “Yes I’m not Hye Sun. I’m not nice and sweet all the time. I don’t praise you at everything. I don’t know what you like and dislike the most, but at least I tried to love you. For all your words I never felt like you loved me not the way you loved her.”

Min Ho: “So if you thought you loved her, why didn’t you tell me the truth before today?”

Hye Ri: “I thought in time you would love me like that. But do you? If I asked you to forget everything you saw today and stay by my side and not go to Hye Sun would you?”

Min Ho looks away.

Hye Ri: “You can’t answer can you? Because you know the answer…you don’t want to marry me.”

Min Ho: “You’re right. I don’t want to marry you anymore.” Walks away.

Hye Ri collapses on the floor and cries. The photo album falls to the floor and opens on a picture of Hyun Joong at age 5. Hye Ri notices the picture and gasps.

Hye Ri: “It can’t be.”

Hye Ri tries to recall the little boy’s face and smile overlapping the image of Hyun Joong. As she imagines the little boy walking towards her, his image slowly fades into Hyun Joong.

***********************Song: Kim Hyun Joong: Because I’m Stupid (Acoustic)*********************
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFi3EINCZ9Q

**********************************HYE RI’S FLASHBACKS*********************************
Hyun Joong: “Hye Ri. Please tell me what happened. I’ll be your ears and shoulder if you let me.”

Hye Ri: “Hyun Joong!” Bursts out in tears and embraces Hyun Joong.

Hyun Joong: “I’m here.” Holds Hye Ri.
__________________________________
Min Ho: “Hyun Joong didn’t you say you used to live in this area too?”

Hyun Joong: “I lived in a lot of places….I don’t remember them all.”

Hye Ri: “Really Sunbae? We could have met before and never known.”
__________________________________
Hyun Joong: “Is it easy to forget your first love?”
__________________________________
Hyun Joong: “Hye Ri….Hye Ri!”

Hye Ri: Turns around. “Hyun Joong.”

Hyun Joong: Sigh. “What’s wrong?”

Hye Ri: “I can’t take it anymore.” Sobbing.

Hyun Joong holds her in his arms.
__________________________________
Hyun Joong: Smiling. “I’m not very good but I promise I’ll be as good as Min Ho one day. Just like one day I promise you’ll find happiness.”
************************************END FLASHBACK*************************************

Hye Ri’s Thoughts:
How could I’ve been so blind to not notice you Hyun Joong. You were the little boy I’ve been looking for. All this time it has been you comforting me and I couldn’t even acknowledge your presence. I’m so sorry.

Wandering in the streets Min Ho stops at a bar. He pours and pours till the bottle is empty.

Min Ho’s Thoughts:
I’ m sorry you only loved me Hye Sun. Thinking about our past maybe I’ve always known, but was a coward to do anything. All those times I was jealous. I was jealous of Hyung Jun and Hyun Joong. I couldn’t stand anyone else but me making you happy. But at the same time how could I say I was jealous when I was with another woman. I didn’t have the right. As much as I tried to love Hye Ri I couldn’t replace her in that part of my heart you only hold.

**********************************MIN HO’S FLASHBACKS*********************************
Hye Ri: "Then what man do you imagine with her?"

Min Ho: "I guess he has to be good looking, like music, be kind to her...be a gentleman, make Hye Sun her favorite foods....uhh....take her to beach..the movies and let her decide the film...."

Hye Ri: "Min Ho...do you realize your describing yourself?"
______________________________________________________________
Min Ho: “Just open it.” Smiles.

Hye Sun opens the box and inside it there’s two butterflies in a heart.”

Min Ho: “It’s a charm. You wanted something that truly only belonged to you, and that was the only one in the world….and that only exists for you…. Butterflies are meant to be in pairs, without the other there’s no reason for one to exist….like you and me.”
______________________________________________________________
Hyun Joong: “Would you care? Are you willing to give Hye Sun to me and only me?”
….
Min Ho: “Ehh..what is this Hye Sun? Did you pour yourself into that dress?! Don’t you think this kind of dress doesn’t suit you? Is this a dress a nice girl should be wearing? Ashh that dress is too short and too tight!” Crosses his arm and looks the other way. “Look at these guys their like vultures they can’t stop staring. Go change! This dress is making you look…it’s making you look easy!”
_____________________________________________________________
Hyun Joong: “Mhmm…Hye Sun has just accepted to be my girlfriend.”

Hye Ri: “Congratulations!” Hugs Hye Sun.

Min Ho: “Girl….Girlfr…Girlfriend?”

Hyun Joong: “Yeah. Hyung, remember I would tell you if this day would come. Well I like Hye Sun. I’ve like Hye Sun very much for sometime now. I’m hoping Hye Sun also feels the same since she’s accepted to be my girlfriend.”

Hye Sun stands there speechless staring at Hyun Joong.

Min Ho: “Is it true Hye Sun? Have you accepted Hyun Joong?”

Hye Sun: Nods. “Its true. I’ve accepted Kim Hyun Joong.” Smiles.
_____________________________________________________________
Min Ho’s Thoughts:
Who would have thought it would feel so warm to have Hye Sun in my arms. She feels so soft and delicate in my arms.

Min Ho: “Hye Sun.”

Hye Sun: “Hmm?”

Min Ho: “This feels so nice. Why didn’t we do this before?”
____________________________________________________________

Min Ho: “Without a word you know my feelings and I can feel your heart reaching out to me. I can finally breath when I’m with you….I don’t know how to live without you.”

Hye Sun closes her eyes as Min Ho’s words make her heart jump with excitement.

Min Ho: Looks down. “Hey I’m trying to tell you something and you fall asleep.” Smirks.

Hye Ri lies there motionless while Min Ho thinks about the words his father told him. He slowly moves closer to Hye Sun and tenderly kisses her. Hye Sun lies frozen unsure what to do but slowly responds to Min Ho’s kiss and they begin to kiss, intoxicated with each other’s lips.
_____________________________________________________________
Min Ho: Grabs Hye Sun’s hand. “I don’t want to push you away…please stay by my side. I feel like I can’t take it anymore…I just need you right now.”
************************************END FLASHBACK*************************************

Min Ho’s Thoughts:
From now on I’m going to fight for your love Ji Hye Sun.

Not too far Hyun Joong and Hye Sun are walking holding hands on a bridge overlooking the lake.

Hyun Joong: “Hye Sun. Thank you for staying by my side. I know I’ll never be able to replace Lee Min Ho but in time I wish I could at least have a spot in your heart.”

Hye Sun: Smiles. “You already do. You know why I like you so much?”

Hyun Joong: “Why? Why do you like this babo so much?”

Hye Sun: “Ever since we were children you were always there, patiently waiting for me, supporting me. Even though others thought you were cold I never once felt you treated me that way. Although we had our fights you always had a sincere apology.” Moves her scarf aside and shows the necklace Hyun Joong had given her. “I’ll cherish Hyun Joong very much. The H in the heart represent Hyun Joong.”

Hyun Joong: Smiling. “I think I’m going to go broke from buying you a gift every time we fight.” Soft laughter.

Hye Sun: “And you’ve never lied to me. No matter what it was you always told me the truth. If it was sad or joyful you never hid anything from me.”

*****************************Song: Clazziquai: She Is***********************************
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCts1NjZAfc

Hyun Joong: “Did I?”

Hye Sun: Nodding “Mmm…that’s why I like you most of all. You’ve always been true with your feelings with me. Sometimes you would walk away but the end was always the same.”

Hyun Joong: “Hye Sun….I have something to tell you.”

Hye Sun: “Don’t tell me now.” Leans towards Hyun Joong and kisses him. “I just want this moment to be perfect.” Continues kissing.

From below Hye Ri witnesses Hyun Joong and Hye Sun’s kiss.
 
HYE SUN’S HOUSE

Hyun Joong: “I have to go now. I still haven’t finished my project.”

Hye Sun: “I know. Be careful.”

Hyun Joong: “I will. I’ll come visit you tomorrow.” Smiles.

MUSIC ROOM (SCHOOL)

Hyun Joong: “Here it is. This will be perfect. She’ll like this.” Turns around. “Hye…Hye Ri.”

Hye Ri: “Hello Hyun Joong.”

Hyun Joong: “What are you doing here so late?”

Hye Ri: “I needed to be alone. I didn’t know you would be here.”

Hyun Joong: “Ohhh I’m leaving already.”

Hye Ri: “Wait. Don’t leave me Hyun Joong. You promised to wait for me didn’t you?”

Hyun Joong: “What did you say?”

Hye Ri: “I’m not getting married.”

Hyun Joong: “Did you and Min Ho have a fight? You shouldn’t let a little fight get in a way of your marriage.”

Hye Ri: “I can’t get married….”

OUTSIDE SCHOOL
Min Ho: “Hye Sun!” Rushes and hugs her.

Hye Sun: “Oppa what are you doing? I’m going to spill Hyun Joong’s soup.”

Min Ho: “I know the truth. I know you never belonged to Hyun Joong. I know you love me.”

Hye Sun: “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Min Ho: “I found the love contract. For whatever reason you used it was because of me wasn’t it?”

Hye Sun: “It’s in the past now. I wish you happiness to both you and Hye Ri. You should think too much of it you’ll be married soon.”

Min Ho: Shaking his head. “I wont’ marry Hye Ri. The one I want is Ji Hye Sun.”

Hye Sun’s heart pounds as she hears Min Ho’s words.

……………..
MUSIC ROOM
 
Hye Ri: “I can’t get married to Min Ho when I’ve ruined his happiness and…and I’ve finally found my first love…the first love that has been secretly fighting for me…”

Hyun Joong: “My brother is really great guy he’ll make you happy over that foolish guy.”

Hye Ri: “But the one I want is Kim Hyun Joong. He’s the one I’ve wanted since I was five.” Walks towards Hyun Joong.

Hyun Joong: “I….”

Hye Ri proceeds to wrap her arms around Hyun Joong’s neck and kiss him. Hyun Joong doesn’t respond just keeps his eyes opened…..

*******************************************************************************

A/N:

No preview for now sorry =( But I promise I'll try my best to finish the story by next week. There'll probably be 3 or 5 more chapters left. Sorry It took SO long to get these up. Thanks for sticking it out. Happy Reading