Branches Of Feelings

Blind

 

Tiffany was up bright and early, excited for her plans to go to Lotte World with her friends. She does her usual morning routines, heading to her closet to decide what to wear. She stares at the wondrous amounts of clothing in front of her, eyeing from pants to tops.

 “Aigoo, what to wear…” She mumbles, still standing in front of her wardrobe.

She settles on going casual, seeing the weather was going to be warm. She grabs her phone off the nightstand to check the time, 8:30 am.

Tiffany’s phone alerts her of an incoming message, “Mind if we walk to Yoona’s house? I never got his address…”

 She chuckles seeing Taeng’s text before replying, “Okay. Come by say around 9?”

 She heads downstairs when she receives his reply, “I’ll be there!”

 She heads to the kitchen to see no one there; she assumed her parents were sleeping. She quickly makes her breakfast, scrambled eggs and toast, quietly eating to herself thinking of what the day will hold.

As she finishes her meal her phone notifies her of a text, she pulls it out of her pocket to see the message was from Taeng. “Hey I’m waiting outside, don’t rush though.”

 She glances at the time, 8:50 am.

Is he always the early type?

She makes a mental note in her head as she cleans up after herself. She quickly grabs her coat just in case along with her satchel before slipping on her shoes and she was out the door.

Tiffany smiles seeing Taeng standing in front of her, she smiles “Annyeong”

 The latter looks at her and warmly smiles, “Annyeong Fany-ah”

She chuckles, they start walking to the direction of Yoona’s house. Fortunately the weather was permitting a nice cool sunny day, the perfect day to spend at an amusement park.

“Let’s play a game” Tiffany says, a smirk on her face.

Taeng looks at her quizzically, “Okay. What kind of game?”

“20 questions, but only I get to ask you questions” She replies, a devilish smirk.

 Taeng laughs, “That’s not even a game”

 Tiffany swats his arm, pouting “Just play along. Please?”

 Taeng sighs, adoring her cuteness “Aigoo. Okay.”

 “First question!” Tiffany says in excitement “What is your favorite color?”

 Taeng chuckles, “That’s easy. Blue.”

 “What is your favorite candy?”

“Gummy bears”

 “What is your favorite season?”

 “Winter”

“Favorite movie?”

“National Treasure”

“Favorite drink?”

 “Black bean milk”

“Favorite animal?”

“Puppies, cats and tigers”

“Favorite number?”

“22”

“Favorite fruit?”

“Oranges, apples, strawberries and tomatoes” Taeng chuckles “I’m bored of this game”

Tiffany pouts, “But…”

Taeng shushes her, “Fany-ah, don’t pressure yourself to learn everything about me. You’ll remember everything as time goes by”

Tiffany sulks, “Okay”

“Aigoo. Don’t act like that; we’re going to have a lot of fun today”

 Tiffany sighs, nodding her head in agreement with the latter.

 Taeng chuckles, knuckling her head “You’re so cute”

 Tiffany blushes; her stomach starts to feel light again. What is this feeling in her? She wasn’t sure what to title it; she shakes her head ignoring the weird feeling.

The two walk side by side in peaceful quietness until they reach Yoona’s house. Taeng marvels at how large his house looked from the outside. Tiffany rings the doorbell, leaning against the wall as they wait.

The door slowly opens; Sunny was standing there smiling “Hey guys!”

 Taeng smiles, “Hi Sunny”

She leads them in, shutting the door as they take off their shoes.

 “Yoona! Tiffany and Taeng are here!” Sunny calls out, running down the hall.

“Okay! We’re in the kitchen!” Yoona yells, his voice echoing through the long corridors.

Tiffany leads Taeng down the halls to the kitchen, to her surprise the whole gang was already here.

“What took you guys so long?!” Sooyoung asks, pointing at the two.

 Tiffany’s eyes widen, “We’re not even late…”

Yoona sighs, “Sooyoung calm down. They’re right on time.”

 Taeng smiles at Jessica who was sitting by Yul, “Hey Jessica”

Jessica turns her attention to him and smiles, “Hey Taeng”

Yul’s jaw tightens, seeing the look in her eyes.

“Okay! Let’s get going!” Hyoyeon says, getting up from the couch.

 They all head outside, Yoona being last to make sure he locked the door.

 “How far is the train station?” Taeng asks, as the group starts to walk down the street.

“Not far, probably just ten minutes” Yoona replies, walking next to Seohyun.

Jessica strolls up next to Taeng, “Are you excited?”

 Taeng looks at her dorkily smiling, “Of course! I haven’t been to an amusement park in so long”

The latter laughs, “You’ll love Lotte World”

 Taeng’s eyes glow, “I hope so”

Yul holds in his breath, looking at the gray concrete instead of the two latter who are enthralled in a lively conversation.

Tiffany pokes his arm, “Are you okay Yul?”

The latter looks at her and fakes a smile, “I’m fine I’m just tired of walking”

“We haven’t even walked a mile…” Tiffany teases, Yul doesn’t react. He shrugs; shoving his hands in pockets and continues walking while staring at the ground. Tiffany brushes off Yul’s weird character and strikes up a conversation with the rest of the group. 

They finally arrive at the train station, waiting around for the next train to stop.

 “There’s the train!” Seohyun says excitedly, hearing the chugging sounds produced from the machine.

“Lotte World here we come!” Sooyoung says, punching the air as if she won the Olympics.

 Yoona shakes his head, “You’re embarrassing”

 Taeng laughs as they make their way into the train, sitting in rows consisting of three people per row.

To no surprise, Jessica, Tiffany and Taeng end up in one row with Taeng being in the middle. Yul took the window seat in the same row as Sooyoung and Sunny. Anger was rising to him, he clearly wanted to sit with Jessica but she immediately pulled Taeng with her before he got the chance to sit down. He was behind her but he was only able to see between the seats.  He sighs, massaging his temples with his right hand.

 “Relax Yul, remember Taeng likes Tiffany” He says to himself quietly so the others won’t hear.

Meanwhile in the row behind them, Hyoyeon was sitting at the window seat with Seohyun in the middle and Yoona at the end. Hyoyeon has been longing for Yoona to make a move but so far she hasn’t seen any romantic actions between the two. She was starting to grow annoyed but she understands if Yoona wanted to take things slow. She gazes at the two who were deep in conversation, she smiles, plugging in her headphones to allow them to have their moment.

“Taeng, if I fall asleep on you be aware that I might drool” Jessica teases, poking Taeng’s arm.

 Taeng chuckles, “That’s okay. I won’t mind.”

Tiffany laughs, “Jessica you love sleeping”

 Jessica ignores her friend’s comment, “I’m just warning you”

 Taeng nods, “Noted”

Without Taeng’s acknowledgement, Jessica leans her head against his arm. He was taken aback by the latter’s sudden movement, he watches as she slowly closes her eyes and drifts off to sleep.

“Aish she’s so lazy. She must be tired from walking here” Tiffany says, watching the ice princess breathe lightly.

 Taeng chuckles, “Cute”

 Tiffany smiles, ignoring the weird feeling that was growing in her stomach.

 “Your arm is going to be numb” Tiffany says, looking at Jessica.

He smiles, “It’s okay. I don’t mind”

 Tiffany nods her head again, turning her attention to the bland blue seat in front of her.

 “How long until we get there?” Taeng asks, looking at Tiffany.

 She diverts her attention back to him, “An hour and a half at the most”

 Taeng smiles, “Thanks”

Tiffany’s eyes become the crescent shapes Taeng loves to see. His heart melts whenever he sees those perfect crescent shape eyes smiling at him.

 “Taeng, look at Jessica” Tiffany snorts, holding in her laughter.

 Taeng diverts his attention to Jessica, was wide open and she was snoring lightly.

He laughs along with Tiffany, “Quick, take a picture”

Tiffany takes out her phone, Taeng poses holding his thumb up as she snaps the comical picture.

 “Cute” Tiffany says chuckling, showing the picture to Taeng.

He laughs, “Nice”

Time passes by as the train was moving at a constant speed, Taeng was watching the scenery pass by in a blur.

Taeng’s arm starts to feel cold, he glances over to see Jessica slowly waking up, her eyes still in a daze.

She looks over to Taeng, “Taengoo…how long until we get there?” Jessica says groggily, her mind still in a daze.

 Tiffany’s eyes widen hearing the sudden nickname Jessica called her friend, a slight burning feeling runs through her skin.

 “It’s only been 30 minutes” Taeng says, unaffected by the sudden nickname Jessica appointed him.

 She groans, “We still have an hour left…”

 Taeng chuckles at the latter, she places her head back on his arm to daze off.

He chuckles, turning his attention to Tiffany but her headphones were plugged in.

“Excuse me I’m going to the restroom” Seohyun says, squeezing out of the row and heads to the nearest restroom.

Hyoyeon punches Yoona’s arm, causing him to flinch.

“Ouch! What was that for?” Yoona says, rubbing the spot she punched.

 “When are you going to make your move?!” She asks in a loud whisper.

 Yoona sighs, “Soon okay? I want to take things slow”

 Hyoyeon groans, “If you keep treating her like a friend she’s going to think of you as a friend!”

“Okay okay, I’m trying!” Yoona says bewildered.

 Seohyun returns to her seat, she turns to Yoona who was looking pale.

“Are you okay?” She asks, touching his forehead affectionately.

Yoona blushes, “I-I’m fine Seohyun”

 “You’re pale” She replies, frowning.

Yoona smiles, “I’m fine. I’m probably experiencing motion sickness”

 “Do you need water?” She replies her tone filled with worry.

“I think I’ll be okay, looking at how beautiful you are makes me feel better already” He says softly.

Seohyun blushes, looking away to shield her red face.

 Hyoyeon chuckles to herself while looking out the window, so cheesy Yoona. But at least you’re finally making a move.

 

“Attention passengers we will be arriving at Songpa-gu station soon, if this is your stop please make sure to take all your belongings before exiting the train. Kamsahamnida.” The intercom ends, people begin to take their stuff off the rack above them.

 “That’s our stop” Yoona says loudly enough for everyone to hear him.

Taeng shakes Jessica softly, “Jessica we’re almost there. Wake up”

Jessica grumbles, adjusting her head on his arm causing him to laugh.

 “Jessica, wake up” He whispers, shaking her softly.

 Jessica slowly opens her eyes, straightening her body to stretch.

 “You’re comfy to sleep on” She says, still not fully awaken.

Taeng chuckles, “Thanks”

 He gazes over to see Tiffany sleeping as well, her head resting on the seat.

He slowly shakes her, “Fany-ah. Time to wake up”

 “Mm” She grumbles, turning over making her face Taeng.

He smiles, “Fany-ah”

 “Mmmm” She replies, her eyes still closed.

 “Wake up, we’re here”

Tiffany slowly opens her eyes, revealing a smiling Taeng in front of her.

She lazily smiles, “Hi”

Taeng chuckles, “Hello”

 “Taengoo, can you get my bag?” Jessica asks, bothered by the eye contact between the two latter’s.

Taeng nods, excusing himself to Tiffany to make room for him to leave.

 “Fany-ah, do you want your bag?” He asks, as he pulls down Jessica’s and hands it to her.

 She nods, Taeng reaches for the pink satchel and gently hands it to her.

“Thanks Tae” She says thankfully.

 “Now arriving Songpa-gu station” The intercom says, the train starts to slow down as it arrives the station. The group heads to the nearest exit, waiting for the train to come to a complete stop.

“We have arrived at Songpa-gu station; please take your belongings with you. Have a nice day”

 They exit the train and make their way inside the train station.

 “Lotte World!” Hyoyeon squeals of excitement.

 “It’s only a 5 minute walk from here” Sunny informs to Taeng who was walking around looking confused.

Taeng’s mouth shapes into an O shape, causing the group to laugh at his cuteness. They take a restroom break before beginning to walk, Taeng’s excitement growing each step.

“Tae, you’re all giddy like a kid” Tiffany says chuckling, seeing Taeng look around hoping the next step they take would be at Lotte World.

“I can’t help it. I’m excited” He says, smiling sheepishly.

“Aigoo so cute” Jessica says, pinching his cheek.

 Taeng sticks his tongue out, rubbing his cheek.

 Yoona looks at Jessica with curiosity and also worry for Yul’s sake. He bites his bottom lip, worried of what is going to happen in the future. A feeling in his gut was agreeing with him as well.

“Oh my gah! Lotte World!” Sunny says, redirecting their attentions to the colossal building in front of them.

 Taeng’s eyes light up with happiness, he smiles from ear to ear seeing the amazing structure in front of him.

“Let’s go!” He says, running inside ahead of the others.

“Someone needs to put a leash on him” Yoona says chuckling as they enter the amusement park.

They pay the entrance fees and head inside, Taeng in awe seeing the many rides.

 “I’m. In. Heaven.” He says softly, gazing from ride to ride.

Tiffany chuckles, standing next to him “You must really like amusement parks”

“Love them” He says breathlessly.

“Another thing I learned about you” She replies smiling, earning a smile from the latter.

 Hyoyeon has a gleam in her eyes, “Seohyun!”

 Seohyun looks at her with curiosity, “Yes?”

The latter grabs Yoona and pushes him against her, “Have fun!”

 Yoona looks at her with flames in his eyes, “What?!”

Seohyun grows red, “Uhm…”

 Hyoyeon shoves them away, “Go on. You two kids have fun”

Yoona looks over to Seohyun and blushes, “Do you mind if it’s just you and me?”

Seohyun smiles while biting her bottom lip, “I don’t mind”

Yoona smiles, taking a grasp on Seohyun wrist before they start walking their own way.

“Meet here at 5!” Hyoyeon calls out to them; she sees a wave from Yoona as confirmation.

Taeng smiles seeing the two walk together, “Nice job Hyoyeon” He raises his hand to give her a high five, she slaps it enthusiastically.

“So, where too?” Yul asks, looking over to Jessica.

 “Let’s go to the outdoor amusement park first, Taeng will enjoy that one. We can explore inside later” Sunny says smiling.

Taeng follows the group in excitement, his eyes enjoying the colorful lights and the smell of amusement park food.

“You haven’t seen the best part yet Tae” Tiffany says in smiles, looking at Taeng’s cheerful face.

They exit outside and Taeng’s jaw drops seeing the giant castle structure in front of him.

“Taengoo! Let’s go!” Jessica yells, grabbing Taeng’s arm and runs toward the entrance of the park.

Yul mutters to himself walking in a somber manner with the rest of the group.

They first approach The Atlantis first, Taeng getting more and more excited.

“Taengoo, sit next to me! I’m scared of rides” Jessica says, her lips pouting.

Taeng was going to ask Tiffany but he didn’t want to seem rude declining the ice princess’ offer, so he slowly shakes his head. Jessica claps her hands in happiness, her eyes gleaming pure joy.

“Tiffany! Be my partner” Hyoyeon asks, linking their arms together.

Tiffany nods, “Okay”

Yul ends up sitting alone in the back as they pile in the coaster, Taeng and Jessica being in the front. He was starting to deny what Yoona was saying about the feelings Jessica has for Taeng. The way she acts towards him, the way she looks at him, touches him, everything didn’t look like a ‘friendly gesture.’

Jessica clutches onto Taeng’s arm, Taeng laughs “The ride hasn’t even started yet”

 “I know but-ahhhhh!” She was cut off by the roller coaster speeding off the rails.

 Adrenaline was pumping through Taeng’s veins; he was starting to laugh at how much he was enjoying the ride. The loops and the sharp turns made him laugh even harder; Jessica was still clinging on his arm until the end of the ride.

“Best start to this day!” Taeng says as they regroup, everyone laughs.

 The day progresses with the group riding every ride, Yul and Taeng riding the same ones more than once. Each ride however, Jessica always wanted to sit by Taeng. He wasn’t bothered by it, in fact he was happy he was bonding with the blonde beauty, however at some points he asked to ride with Tiffany. Taeng knew how much Tiffany loved roller coasters, whenever he sat next to her, laughter was heard throughout the whole ride. He was enjoying the time he had here, yet at times he wished it was only him and her.

Seohyun and Yoona reunite with the group, wanting to grab something to eat. The group approaches a food stand, infatuated with the smell that was wafting in their noses.

 “I just want cotton candy” Sooyoung says, eyeing the colorful candy in the bag.

“Can we share?” Sunny asks, eyeing the pink one.

Sooyoung sighs, “Fine. But I get the majority of it”

Sunny laughs, “Of course Shikshin”

 They all buy a bag of cotton candy, Taeng buying a blue one while Tiffany purchases a pink one.

“Tiffany?”

 Tiffany turns around hearing her name, “Oh Donghae”

The boy smiles at her, his heart flutters seeing the beauty, “What a coincidence”

 Tiffany chuckles, “I’ll say. Are you here alone?”

The latter shakes his head, pointing to a group of teens the same age as him, “With friends. I take it you’re with friends too?”

 Tiffany nods, pointing at her group.

 Donghae laughs, “It’s been a while since I’ve been here”

 She smiles, “Me too. We came here to introduce Taeng to this place”

“Oh, Taeng’s here?” Donghae says, trying to hide his jealously.

Tiffany nods, pointing at Taeng who was busy eating his cotton candy.

 Little did they know Taeng was watching them with jealousy in his eyes.

“That’s cool, I hope he enjoys it” Donghae says monotonously.

Tiffany chuckles, “He loves it here already. He’s acting like a little kid”

Donghae fakes a chuckle, “We should hang out sometime” Donghae says, wanting to change the subject.

Tiffany’s heart pangs a little hearing the words. She always was infatuated with the latter’s charming and mature look; they’ve known each other since her second year of middle school.

She nods happily, “Sure! Call me whenever you want too”

 Donghae smiles, “I’ll do that. I should head back to my group; I’ll see you around”

Tiffany smiles, “Okay. Annyeong”

She bites her bottom lip as she turns away from the latter to head back to her group.

 “Where were you?” Sunny asks as Tiffany approaches the group.

“Oh, I was talking to Donghae” Tiffany replies a smile on her face.

 Yoona frowns, glancing over to see Taeng talking to Jessica. When he saw Tiffany walking back to them, he quickly strikes up a conversation with the blonde latter. He didn’t want to act jealous or weird in front of Tiffany, after all only Yoona and Yul know his true feelings about his best friend.

 “Oooohh Donghae huh?” Hyoyeon teases, poking Tiffany’s stomach.

 Tiffany grows red, “Aish stop it. We were just catching up”

 Taeng was absorbed in the conversation with Jessica, he was glad she was able to distract his ears from listening to the latter’s gossip about Tiffany and Donghae.

“Taeng! Jessica! Come on; let’s find a place to eat before we head back” Sooyoung calls out to them, waving her hands.

Taeng diverts his head to the group’s way, looking back at Jessica “Let’s go eat”

 The latter smiles, “Okay”

They reunite with the group before scanning the place for a restaurant.  They settle on a small restaurant that was dimly lit but the aroma was mouthwatering.

 Taeng sits to the left of Jessica, Tiffany sitting across from him, and Yul sitting to the right of Jessica.  

“Taengoo, can we share the menu?” Jessica asks, leaning against his arm.

 Taeng nods, adjusting the menu so it faces both him and the latter.

 Yul’s fists tighten, seeing Jessica’s flirtatious act.

 “Kimchi stew!” Sooyoung says with joy, pointing with force on the menu.

 Sunny smacks her arm, “Yah! Calm down, you’re making a scene”

The group places their orders and hands their menus.

 Jessica was attached to Taeng the majority of the time, clinging on his arm whenever she laughs, hitting his arm playfully.

 Tiffany was busy smiling at her phone, Donghae had texted her and she was filled with joy.

“Are you texting Donghae?” Seohyun asks pointing at the latter’s phone.

 Tiffany nods happily, keeping her eyes locked on her phone.

Taeng starts to feel disheartened, he was trying to shroud his emotions with happiness but it was difficult. He looks over at Tiffany, seeing the gleam in her eyes and the smile on her face. He sighs, taking a drink of his water before directing his attention away from his crush.

 The food was delivered to their table and everybody eats in peace. After a comfortable meal, they pay their bills and head out to the train station.

“Today was a lot of fun, thanks for taking me here” Taeng says, dorkily smiling.

Yoona chuckles, “Of course man. We have to show you the best of Korea”

 The train comes to a stop and they pile in, taking the same seats they did the last ride.

 “Taengoo I’m going to sleep, wake me up when we get there” Jessica says while yawning, positioning herself in a comfortable manner to sleep on Taeng.

Tiffany chuckles, plugging in her headphones before dozing off.

Taeng looks at her, absorbing her beauty as she sleeps.

 He brushes off a piece of hair that was stuck on her cheek; he was surprised when she didn’t react to him. He looks at Tiffany’s face affectionately, admiring the assets he adored.

Tiffany’s phone beeps, indicating a text message. He his head, seeing the bright light on her phone glow on her lap. He frowns seeing Donghae’s name appear on the screen.  

 He sighs looking at Tiffany, “You don’t feel the same way about me…huh Fany-ah”

The drama will kick in soon. Comments? Subscribe? Thank you! :D