Truth and Blood

Blind

 

“Hello class I hope you all had a good winter break, it’s a New Year so let’s make this a great year,” Mrs. Lee says warmly, smiling at her students.

 Taeng leans back against his chair, missing break already, he smiles relieving all the fun times. The class day passes by with Mrs. Lee lecturing and note taking, the bell rings announcing lunch.

Yoona stands up and stretches, “Aish I miss break already.”

Yul enters through the doors and smiles seeing Jessica saving a spot next to her. Taeng smirks as he watches Yul happily skip over to his chair that was between him and Jessica.

 “Hey Sica,” Yul greets, a winning smile on his face.

Jessica reciprocates one back, “Hey.”

 Tiffany gazes over at Taeng, feeling worried if he was going to be sad or upset. Instead she sees a cheerful light smile on his face; she warmly smiles seeing how well Taeng was recovering.

“Taeng, did you and Jessica break up?” Sooyoung asks boldly, staring back and forth between the two.

Jessica’s eyes widen hearing the sudden question from the latter.

Sunny swats Sooyoung’s arm, “Babo. Why would you ask that?”

Taeng chuckles, “No it’s okay Sunny,” He smiles sincerely, “But to answer your question, yes, we did break up a while ago.”

Jessica gazes at Taeng, shocked to see how boldly he answered the question.

Sooyoung slowly nods her head, “Oh…I’m sorry…”

Taeng chuckles and shakes his head, “No it’s okay Sooyoung,” He gazes to Jessica and warmly smiles, “We’re good friends now.”

 Jessica smiles, “That we are.”

 Hyoyeon grins, “That’s good.”

Tiffany was still smiling, looking affectionately at Taeng and admiring how mature he was acting.

Yul wraps his arm around Taeng’s neck, “Brothers for life right?”

 Taeng cheekily smiles, “Of course.”

Yoona chuckles, “I’m included in that right?”

 Taeng laughs, “Dude of course!”

Tiffany chuckles, she looks down at the brown table, her mind dazing of so many thoughts.

 Taeng averts his attention to her and smiles lovingly, “Fany-ah.”

Tiffay looks at him, her lips immediately turning into a smile, “Tae.”

Taeng chuckles, “Are you okay?”

 Tiffany eagerly nods, “Yeah I’m fine…” She tilts her head, “Today is just the day.”

Taeng shifts his body in his chair and faces the latter, “The day…?”

Tiffany chuckles, “The day I’m finally ending the ‘relationship’ with Donghae.”

Taeng grins, “Ah really? I’m glad.”

 Tiffany nods and bites her lips, “I’m scared though…”

 Taeng’s face softens; he softly takes her hand and squeezes it, “Everything will be okay.”

Tiffany’s heart skips a beat, she felt as ease and calm.

She gazes down at their hands, “I hope…”

“Do you want me to come with you?”

 Tiffany shakes her head, “No it’s okay.”

Taeng gazes at the latter; he wished at this moment he could kiss her and reassure her that he will be by her side.

 He smiles gently, “You’ll be okay. You’re a strong girl Tiffany; I know you can do it.”

Tiffany looks into the latter’s eyes, her heart beats irregularly and she was drawn into the soft affectionate look in Taeng’s eyes.

“Thank you…” She replies softly, looking deep into his eyes.

 Taeng smiles, he releases Tiffany’s hand from his, “Of course.”

“Do you guys love each other?” Hyoyeon asks spontaneously, a smirk on her face.

 Yoona and Yul burst into laughter; they hold their stomach and try to contain themselves. Tiffany grows red of embarrassment; she conceals her red face by covering her face with her arms, hearing only the sounds of Yul and Yoona’s laughter.

 Taeng chuckles, he rubs the back of his neck and looks at Hyoyeon, “Aish,” He whispers, giving a serious look to the latter.

 Hyoyeon’s smirk remains on her face, “Don’t deny it,” She says quietly so Tiffany won’t hear.

Taeng shakes his head, “Geez you love to make things awkward.”

Tiffany drops her arms, her face still red; she stares at the brown table and avoids the eyes of her friends. Taeng chuckles, he feels an arm wrap around his neck and jerk him back.

 “She didn’t say no?” Yul whispers while smirking.

 Taeng softly chuckles, his heart begins to flutter and feel light. He gazes over to Tiffany, a smile on his face; he stares in awe at the red faced girl.

Could it be that…?

 

Tiffany fiddles with seams of her jacket as she walks down the halls to the practice room. She takes a deep breath, her knees buckle as she inches her way closer to the locker room area. Tiffany bites the inside of her cheeks, she turns the corner and she immediately stops in her tracks. She spots Donghae texting on his phone in front of the boy’s locker room doors, she gulps and makes her way to him.

“Donghae,” She says, trying to sound confident.

 Donghae diverts his attention away from his phone and looks at her, “There you are. Where the hell have you been?”

Tiffany takes a deep breath, “We’re over. We’ve been over Donghae.”

Donghae’s fists tighten, “Excuse me?”

Tiffany takes a step back, “I-I mean it. We were never together; all you did was abuse and hurt me. That’s not what a relationship is supposed to be.”

Donghae takes a deep breath of annoyance, “I told you never to say those words again.”

Tiffany gulps, “N-no, I mean it this time Donghae. If you’re going to hit me, so be it.”

 Donghae growls and takes a step towards Tiffany as anger courses through his body. Tiffany’s felt as if she was shrinking, she takes another step back only for Donghae to take another step closer.

“You ,” He says angrily, “You’ve really asked for it.”

He raises his arm up, channeling his anger in his arm. Tiffany watches as Donghae’s hand darts toward her face, she quickly closes her eyes in fear of how painful the strike was going to be.

 *Slap*

Tiffany slowly opens her eyes; her cheek felt nothing, no pain or sting. She looks ahead and notices a person standing between her and Donghae. Her eyes widen in shock, hangs agape.

“Tae?” She squeaks, her heart beginning to beat faster.

 Taeng gazes at the latter, his cheek red from Donghae, “Hey Fany-ah.”

 Tiffany was speechless; her eyes were glued on Taeng’s face.

Taeng swivels his head and glares at Donghae, “You.”

Donghae flinches back, “W-what?”

 Taeng grabs him by his shirt collar and slams him against the wall, “I thought we had a talk about this.”

Donghae snickers, “You really think I would listen to you?”

 Anger courses through Taeng’s body; he tightens his grip on Donghae’s shirt collar and grits his teeth.

“You bastard, how could you do that, how could you hit Tiffany?”

Donghae scoffs, “She deserved it. She was a weak .”

Taeng’s body twitches in anger, his stomach was curdling of frustration. He releases his right arm from his collar and swings a punch at Donghae’s face.

“Gah,” Donghae winces in pain.

 Taeng slams him against the wall again, “Don’t you ever call Tiffany a .”

Donghae chuckles bitterly, “Why not? The shoe fits.”

Taeng punches his face again; he grits his teeth and punches Donghae several times. Tiffany leans back against the wall; she remains silent and witnesses the scene. She was unsure of what to do but her body was frozen.

“Ahhh,” Donghae groans, his nose beginning to bleed.

 Taeng huffs, his strength was taking away his energy. He still had Donghae pinned against the wall, with his hands on his shirt collar.

 “I just don’t understand Donghae…” Taeng starts to say softly, “Tiffany’s an amazing girl, how could you just hit her?”

 Donghae huffs, he smiles evilly, blood staining his teeth, “I already told you….She was a weak .”

Taeng punches him again, “Stop.”

Donghae chuckles bitterly, “No Taeng, I had to show that no girl should ever leave me for a loser.”

 Taeng swings another punch, “You really are an you know that?”

Donghae shakes his head, “Don’t get me wrong Taeng. Tiffany is hot,” He gazes passed Taeng’s shoulder and looks at Tiffany, “It’s a shame I didn’t go second base with her.”

Anger boils to Taeng again; he punches Donghae, releasing his grasp on him and lets him fall on the floor. Taeng takes multiple deep breaths, his fists still tight. Donghae chuckles bitterly, his head hung low and his face completely bruised and bloody.

 “You and Tiffany are over,” Taeng states angrily, “I don’t care how many punches I’m going to have to throw at you to make you understand.”

 Donghae looks up, a sneer smile on his face, “I never liked her anyway.”

 Tiffany flinches hearing the harsh words of the hurt latter, she gazes at Donghae with hollow eyes.

Taeng clenches his fists, “You used her?”

 Donghae shakes his head, “Tch no.”

Donghae weakly stands up, he leans back against the wall as he stares at Taeng.

 “I never liked her to begin with; I only wanted to keep her away from you.”

Taeng’s eyes widen, he was taken aback hearing the latter’s words.

 “W-what?” Taeng asks, his barrier weakening.

 Donghae chuckles bitterly, “I know your weak points Taeng. It’s Tiffany.”

Donghae staggers closer to Taeng, blood dripping down his face. Taeng was frozen in his spot, his mind was swirling and he wasn’t sure what to do.

Donghae chuckles evilly, “Told you.”

 He swings a punch at Taeng’s face, Taeng falls to the ground his cheek growing red. At that moment Yul witnessed what Donghae did, he glances at Taeng, anger courses through him.

“You bastard,” Yul says darkly, he walks over to Donghae and punches him, sending him to the floor as well.

 “Taeng!” Tiffany yells, she runs over and kneels beside him.

 “Uh,” Taeng groans, he leans up and rubs his face.

“Are you okay?” Tiffany asks caringly, her hand on his arm.

Taeng weakly nods, “Yeah I’m fine.”

 Yul glances at Taeng, “You alright?”

 Taeng nods, he looks over to Donghae who was struggling to get up. Yul walks over to him and picks up him by his collars, and slams him back against the wall.

“You know I’m really tired of you Donghae,” Yul states darkly, glaring at the latter.

Donghae scoffs, “Whatever.”

Taeng remains sitting on the floor, Tiffany still by his side, “I don’t understand…”

 Donghae gazes at Taeng, he chuckles bitterly, “Confused?”

Taeng looks at the latter, his mind confused and boggling of thoughts.

Donghae shakes his head, “You think I didn’t know?”

Tiffany gazes at Taeng, confused as well. She wasn’t sure what Donghae was talking about, but the look on Taeng’s face showed that he was confused as well.

Taeng tightens his fists, “Didn’t know what?”

 Donghae laughs, he glares at Taeng and evilly smiles.

“That you’re in love with Tiffany.”