Pins Colliding and Hearts Crashing

Blind

 

100+ Subscribers?! Thanks so much! I appreciate each and every one of you! Thanks for supporting my story. :D

Taeng was lazily lounging on the couch, surfing through the channels until he finds one interesting. He didn’t have any plans until later with Jessica so he figured he might as well stay home until it’s time to leave. He settles on a cooking show, he sets the remote down and intently watches the screen. Mr. Kim walks down the hall and spots his son relaxing on the couch.

 “Hey Taeng,” His father greets, taking a seat next to him.

 “Hello appa,” Taeng replies politely, his eyes still on the screen.

 “Cooking channel?” His father teases, warmly chuckling.

“You know how much I love cooking,” Taeng retaliates playfully.

Mr. Kim laughs, “I know. No plans for today?”

 “I do but not until later, “Taeng responds, smiling at his father.

 Mrs. Kim walks to the living room, settling down next to her husband.

“Taeng are you hungry?” She asks caringly.

“No I’m okay umma, thank you though” Taeng says happily.

 “You seem happier,” Mrs. Kim says cheerfully.

“What do you mean?”

“You always use to sulk around the house but now you’re so full of life,” Mrs. Kim explains to him.

 Taeng smiles, “Really? I guess I should thank Jessica for that.”

“Jessica?” Mr. Kim asks, taking his eyes off the screen.

 Taeng happily nods, “Umma. Appa, Jessica is my girlfriend.”

 His parents’ eyes widen in unison, looking at each other and then looking back at Taeng.

“Girlfriend?” Mrs. Kim asks.

Taeng smiles, “Yeah. I’ll invite her for dinner sometime. She’s really great.”

 Mr. Kim grins, “My son Kim Taeng has a girlfriend!”

Taeng laughs, Mr. Kim raises his hand to high five his son in victory.

Mrs. Kim forces a smile, “That’s great Taeng. I’m happy for you.”

But deep down she was feeling the same pain as her best friend was.

“Thank you,” He replies, warmly smiling at his parents.

His phone rings in his pocket, Taeng quickly pulls it out and looks at the caller ID.

“Yeoboseyo?”

 “Hey Taeng, want to get the group together to hang out?”

Taeng bites his bottom lip hearing the offer from Yoona. He quietly excuses himself to his parents and heads to the other room.

 “What do you want to do?” Taeng asks, leaning against the wall.

 “I was thinking of going bowling,” Yoona says contently.

“Will Yul be coming?” Taeng asks nervously.

 “Leave me alone for a while okay?”

 “Of course,” Yoona teases, chuckling on the other line.

“I can’t go then…” Taeng replies sadly, gazing down at his feet.

“What do you mean?”

Taeng sighs, “Something happened…”

Silence was lingering between the two through the phone.

“Meet me at the café in five minutes,” Yoona says sternly.

 “Yoona I-”

The line was disconnected before Taeng had a chance to talk. He looks at the phone, sighing to himself as he walks back to the living room.

 “Umma, appa I’m going out,” Taeng states, putting on his shoes.

“Be safe,” Mrs. Kim says softly, watching her son caringly.

“I will be, see you later,” Taeng waves off and heads out the door.

 

 Taeng enters the café; he scans the area and spots Yoona waving at him.

“Hey…” Taeng greets quietly, taking a seat across from Yoona.

“Yul told me everything,” Yoona states with an emotionless face.

 “So I guess you already know…” Taeng says, bitterly chuckling.

 “Yeah…” Yoona says sadly.

“I didn’t know he liked her…” Taeng confesses, looking at the brown wooden table.

Yoona sighs, “I figured you would have sensed it…”

 “I didn’t…I was pretty oblivious to his feelings.”

“This whole situation is just bad.”

“You’re telling me…” Taeng says, sighing sadly.

 “I mean…Don’t get me wrong,” Yoona starts softly, “I’m happy you’re moving on from Tiffany but I never thought you would fall for Jessica.”

 “Can’t control who you catch feelings for,” Taeng replies, cringing to himself.

“I know…” Yoona says quietly, drifting off into silence.

“He told me to leave him alone…” Taeng states, his eyes falling soft.

“He needs the space. I’m sure he’ll be okay,” Yoona reassures, biting his bottom lip.

Taeng sighs sadly, “I hope…”

 “Hey, it’s Yul. He’s a forgiving guy. All three of us are still going to be bros,” The latter says, smiling warmly.

 Taeng chuckles bitterly, “I guess I’ll just have to play the waiting game.”

“I guess so,” Yoona replies coolly, “Hey let’s go bowling.”

“You really want to go bowling huh?” Taeng teases, trying to lift up his mood.

 “We can have a double date,” Yoona says happily, patting his friend’s back.

“That actually sounds fun. I need to get my mind off this anyways…” Taeng replies, fidgeting with his hands.

 “Cool, I’ll pick up Seohyun and we can meet back here,” Yoona says, confirming the plan.

 “Alright, I’ll see you soon,” Taeng says, getting up from the chair.

They exit the café and part ways to their girlfriend’s houses. Taeng takes out his phone and calls up Jessica.

 “Yeoboseyo?”

 “Hey beautiful, Yoona wants to go bowling. I’m on my way to pick you up,” Taeng says cheerfully, happy to hear the sound of his girlfriend’s voice. Hearing her voice made him feel ten times better.

“Oh okay, I’ll get ready. Who all is coming?”

“It’s going to be a double date. You and I with Seohyun and Yoona,” Taeng replies excitedly.

He hears a chuckle on the other line, “Okay. I’ll get ready.”

 “Nice, see you soon,” Taeng says suavely, earning a laugh from the latter.

“I’ll see you soon."

 He waits for Jessica to hang up before moving his phone back in his pocket.

“Wow its cold,” He says to himself, quickly shoving his hands in his pockets.

Taeng walks along the sidewalk, excusing himself through the bustling streets. He politely shoves his way through a large crowd of people gathered in front of a store; a big sale was in the midst of happening.

 “Taeng?”

Taeng averts his attention hearing his name.

He smiles, “Fany-ah.”

Tiffany pushes her way through the large crowd, happy to see Taeng in her sight.

“You just can’t refuse sales can you…” Taeng teases, laughing.

 Tiffany playfully swats his arm, “You know how much I love shopping.”

 Taeng smiles, “I know.”

 Donghae pushes his way out of the crowds; he spots Tiffany with Taeng and angrily storms over.

“What are you doing here?” Donghae asks, glaring at him.

 Taeng tilts his head, “Walking.”

Donghae snakes his arm around Tiffany’s waist, “Well you can keep doing that.”

Tiffany swats her boyfriend’s arm, “We talked about this.”

Donghae rolls his eyes, “Whatever.”

 Taeng chuckles while shaking his head, “You’re quite a charmer Donghae.”

Donghae snarls, stepping towards Taeng angrily but Tiffany holds him back.

 “Anyways, where you going Taeng?” She asks, holding back her boyfriend.

 “I’m going to pick up Jessica. Yoona wants to go bowling,” Taeng answers casually.

Tiffany’s eyes widen, “Bowling?”

“Yeah, we’re double dating.”

Tiffany bites her bottom lip, a sudden rush feeling surges through her.

“Oh, can Donghae and I join you?” Tiffany asks happily.

Taeng tilts his head cutely, “I mean…if you want.”

 Tiffany claps her hands happily, not sensing Taeng’s unhappy stature.

Donghae grabs her wrist, “We are not going bowling with them.”

Tiffany glares at her boyfriend, “I say we are.”

“No,” The latter says flatly.

Tiffany was growing more and more agitated with the way Donghae has been lately. He’s been constantly rude to her and Taeng, he never shows up on time and he never puts in effort in their relationship.

 What happened to you Donghae? You’ve changed so fast.

“Er well are you guys’ coming or what? I have to pick Jessica up,” Taeng butts in, feeling awkward seeing the couple argue.

 “We’re coming,” Tiffany states, ending further discussion with Donghae.

Donghae groans in annoyance, earning another glare from his girlfriend.

“Uh okay, let’s get going then,” Taeng says awkwardly, heading down the sidewalk.

 Donghae grabs Tiffany’s hand and entwines it with hers, dragging her back to walk behind Taeng. Tiffany bites her bottom lip hard, gazing at the back of Taeng’s head. Donghae tightens his grip on Tiffany’s hand, causing her to cringe in pain.

 “Donghae, you’re holding my hand too hard,” Tiffany says, wincing.

 Donghae looks over to her, “I don’t want you to walk beside him.”

 Are you doing to this protect me Donghae or are you jealous?

Tiffany rolls her eyes, “I’m not going too.”

 The trio arrives in front of Jessica’s house; Taeng quickly approaches the steps and rings the doorbell. Jessica opens the door, smiling widely seeing her boyfriend.

 “Hey!” Taeng greets happily, opening his arms for her.

 Jessica immediately jumps in his arms, wrapping her arms around his torso. Taeng embraces her tightly, a grin on his face as he hugs his girlfriend. Tiffany awkwardly watches as they hug tightly, feeling slightly jealous that Donghae never does that to her.

 Donghae never hugs me longer than 5 seconds.

 “Oh Tiffany hello!” Jessica greets, noticing her presence.

Tiffany smiles warmly, “Hey Jessica.”

“Donghae,” Jessica greets him bluntly.

“Tch,” Donghae replies, looking away from her.

 “Well anyways, let’s get going,” Taeng says happily, taking Jessica’s hand.

 They begin walking down the street, the couples hand in hand. Taeng and Jessica were walking in front of Tiffany, their hands intertwined. Tiffany gazes as they act sweetly to each other, warm smiles on their faces and a loving look in their eyes.

Donghae never makes me smile like that.

 Taeng kisses Jessica’s cheek, “I’m sorry if this ruins our plans.”

Jessica smiles, “It’s okay this is going to be fun. I haven’t been bowling in a while.”

“Are you good?” Taeng teases, smirking at her.

Jessica chuckles, “Absolutely not. I’m terrible.”

 “I’ll teach you,” Taeng offers, a dorky smile plastered on his face.

“You’re just great at everything huh?” Jessica teases, gazing at her boyfriend.

“No,” Taeng replies, smiling sheepishly.

Jessica kisses his cheek, “I think so.”

 “Thanks beautiful,” He replies, smiling affectionately at her.

 “SO,” Tiffany says loudly, cutting in the couple’s sweet moment “Where did Yoona say to meet?”

 Taeng looks behind, “The café.”

“Oh okay,” Tiffany replies, unsure of what else to say.

Donghae gazes at her, “Do we really have to go?”

 Tiffany glares at him, “Yes. That’s final. I don’t want to argue with you about this anymore.”

 Donghae groans, letting go of Tiffany’s hand and shoving it in his pockets. Tiffany gasps, unhappy with her boyfriend’s action, she decides to ignore it and look away from him.

They see Yoona and Seohyun standing in front of the café, Seohyun talking to Yoona as they hold hands.

“Hey lovebirds,” Taeng greets, teasing the couple.

 Yoona looks at him, “Oh hey.”

 He looks past Taeng’s shoulder and sees Tiffany with Donghae.

 Yoona points at them, “What are they doing here?”

 Taeng gazes at Tiffany before looking back Yoona, “I bumped into them when I was picking up Jessica. Tiffany wants to join, is that okay?”

 Yoona shrugs, “Sure,” He then gazes at Donghae, “Is he coming too?”

 Donghae scoffs, “Of course I am. I am here with my girlfriend.”

 Yoona shakes his head, “I was just asking. Geez.”

Tiffany bites her bottom lip, gazing over at her boyfriend.

What happened to you…

“Well no matter, let’s get going,” Yoona says calmly, snaking his arm around Seohyun’s waist as they begin walking.

 The walk to the bowling alley wasn’t very far, they enter through the bright neon doors; the sounds of bowling balls colliding with pins fill their ears. They approach the counter and pay the amount needed, getting their shoes in the process.

“Aisle 20,” Yoona says to himself, walking down the aisle of lanes until they arrive at their appointed one.

“Let’s get our balls,” Taeng says to Jessica as they finish putting on their shoes.

 Yoona snickers, hearing the innuendo joke from Taeng, Seohyun swats his arm.

“Be mature,” Seohyun says sternly, looking at her boyfriend with seriousness.

 “Yeah Yoona, geez, can you act your own age?” Taeng teases, joining the side Seohyun.

 Yoona stops laughing and punches his arm, “Shut up.”

Taeng chuckles, taking Jessica’s hand and leading her down to the bowling ball rack, Tiffany follows behind.

“Tae, can you hand me that pink ball up there?” Tiffany asks him, pointing to the top of the rack.

Taeng chuckles as he picks up the ball, “Always have to go for the pink one,” He teases, handing it to her.

Tiffany sticks her tongue out, “Let me guess. You’re going for the blue ball.”

 Taeng laughs, “If they have it in my weight.”

 Jessica holds a ball, “They do,” She smiles, handing him the blue ball.

Taeng’s eyes sparkle, earning a laugh from both Tiffany and Jessica. They pick out their bowling balls and recruit back to their line, Yoona was setting up the board with their names.

“Donghae I put you first,” Yoona says to him, pointing at the screen.

Donghae stands up and heads to the aisle, his ball in his hands, he steadies the ball and throws it softly. The group watches as the ball glides down the aisle, colliding six of the ten pins.

 “Nice throw,” Taeng compliments, smiling at Donghae.

Donghae scoffs, taking the ball again and only hitting two of the four. Taeng sighs, whispering into Jessica’s ear as Yoona steps up to bowl. Tiffany grows curious to what Taeng was whispering to his girlfriend, a bundle of nerves tighten in her stomach.

They’re probably talking about Donghae…

Jessica places her hand softly on Taeng’s chest, whispering in his ear. The nerves in Tiffany’s stomach tighten; her eyes were glued on them as they exchange discreet whispers.

 “Taeng, your turn,” Yoona states as he sits down.

Taeng smiles, getting up from his seat and takes his blue ball in his grasp. He lines up the ball in his vision, steadying himself before lightly running towards the aisle. He swings and releases the ball; it glides smoothly against the wooden floor until it knocks over all ten pins down. The group claps, Taeng grins as he sits back down next to Jessica.

 “Nice strike,” Yoona praises, “But you’re not going to win that easily.”

Taeng looks at the scoreboard and notices Yoona got a strike as well, “This is going to be a good game.”

“Your turn Jessica,” Seohyun says happily.

 Jessica looks at her boyfriend, “Help me?”

Taeng laughs, “Of course.”

Taeng walks to the aisle with Jessica as she holds her bowling ball. Tiffany keeps her eyes on the couple; she wasn’t sure how long this burning sensation was going to keep attacking her every time she seems them.

Taeng stands closely behind Jessica, “Okay aiming is important. The trick is all in the wrist.”

Jessica nods, following the instruction of her boyfriend intently.

“They’re so cute together,” Seohyun says admirably, looking with awe at the couple.

Yoona chuckles, “Yeah they are.”

Tiffany bites her bottom lip, “I never expected them to date.”

 Donghae sighs, boredom rushing through him, “I’m going to the bathroom.” He stands up and leaves the group, walking purposely slow to the bathroom.

Tiffany rolls her eyes and ignores the angry feeling rushing through her.

 “Well no one really did. But you can’t control your feelings,” Yoona says, recalling the conversation he had with Taeng.

 “I was surprised actually,” Tiffany states, playing with her fingers.

Yoona’s eyebrows rise, “Why?”

 Tiffany’s eyes slightly widen, “It was just unexpected.”

Yoona shrugs, unsure of what Tiffany was trying to say, he averts his attention back to Jessica and Taeng.

“Okay, now just do what I told you,” Taeng coaches, standing on the sideline.

 Jessica pauses, taking a light running start and releases the ball. Taeng excitedly watches as the ball glides and hits seven pins. Jessica’s jaw drops, surprised to see she hit so many pins.

 Taeng laughs, “You did it!”

Jessica faces him and excitedly smiles; Taeng runs over and wraps his arms around her waist, spinning her around. Jessica laughs the entire time as Taeng excitedly spins her around.

 “Aigoo, so cute,” Seohyun says in awe, leaning on Yoona’s shoulder.

 Tiffany bites her bottom lip, seeing how happy and cute they were being.

Donghae never does that me.

The game passes by with Yoona winning over Taeng by 5 points, Donghae being third.

 Yoona pumps his fist in the air, “Victory!”

Taeng playfully pushes him, “I let you win.”

 Yoona sticks his tongue out, “I think you should stick to basketball.”

 Jessica laughs, leaning against Taeng’s arm to control her laughter.

Donghae grabs Tiffany’s wrist, “Well thanks for taking us out. Bye.” He drags her towards the exit, the group watches as they go.

 Tiffany struggles from his grasp, looking back at her group and laying her eyes on Taeng. She gives in, knowing she can’t win against Donghae’s strength and waves, “We’ll see you later…”

Taeng waves back, watching as Donghae pulls Tiffany; sad to see his best friend leave so abruptly.

As the couple exits the bowling alley, Tiffany pulls back from Donghae’s grip.

“What is your problem?” She asks, anger in her tone.

 Donghae faces her, “Nothing. I just got bored and I wanted to leave.”

Tiffany wanted to argue back, anger was boiling through her veins, she had enough of Donghae’s rude character.

She shakes her head, “I’m going home.”

She shoves past Donghae and walks down the street, Donghae tries to talk to her but she ignores him. She wasn’t in the mood to deal with his foolishness.

Taeng if you saw this you would beat the crap out of him…

“We should get going too,” Taeng says, taking Jessica’s hand.

“Yeah, it was fun,” Yoona replies, hugging Seohyun from behind.

“Next time I’ll win,” Taeng remarks, smirking at the latter.

Yoona chuckles, “We’ll see about that.”

 Taeng and Jessica wave to the couple, exiting the building and begin their voyage home.

“Today was fun…” Jessica says quietly, leaning against Taeng’s arm.

“Yeah it was fun,” Taeng says, smiling.

“You think Tiffany’s okay?” Jessica asks, latching onto Taeng’s arm.

“I hope so,” Taeng says, beginning to grow worried of his friend.

He didn’t like seeing Donghae drag Tiffany out the door; he’s also been noticing the way he’s talking to her, rude remarks and annoying comebacks.

 Is Donghae’s jealously driving himself mad?

“Donghae is such a jerk,” Jessica says in disgust.

 “I can understand if he’s being a jerk to me but he shouldn’t treat Tiffany like she’s a dog,” Taeng says angrily, wishing he could punch Donghae.

Jessica rubs his arm caringly, “I agree.”

Taeng sighs, calming himself down since he didn’t want to worry his girlfriend. They make their way to Jessica’s house; Taeng walks Jessica to her doorstep.

He takes her hand and kisses her lips lightly, “Sleep well okay?”

 Jessica smiles, “You too. Good night Taengoo.”

“Good night, sweet dreams,” He replies, warmly smiling.

Jessica pecks his lips, smiling at him before heading inside her house.

Taeng heads home, his mind warped around Tiffany and Donghae.

Fany-ah why can’t you see that’s he’s a jerk?