Crashing

Blind

 

The awkward tension was still in the air of the classroom the next day, everyone voiding making a sound. Tiffany bites her bottom lip, staring at the back of Taeng’s head. She holds in her breath as she feels her eyes water, she quickly wipes them with her sleeves. Tiffany continues staring at Taeng, wishing he could feel her sadness through her eyes.

The bell rings dismissing school, Tiffany watches as Taeng swiftly packs up his things. Taeng stands up from his desk, taking Jessica’s hand and leads them both out the door. Tiffany’s heart aches, feeling the jab of Taeng’s words and the contact between the two.

 Yoona sighs, gazing over to Tiffany, “You know…” Tiffany looks at him. “You really outdid yourself…”

The rest of the students leave the classroom, Seohyun stays put in her seat hearing her boyfriend discussing with Tiffany.

Tiffany shakes her head, “You don’t understand Yoona…”

Yoona sighs again, “Understand what? Tiffany, you keep saying all these words but you never piece them together.”

Tiffany bites her lip harder, “It’s difficult…”

Yoona scoffs, “Difficult because you’re dating an ?”

 Seohyun softly gazes at Yoona, “Yoona…”

Tiffany’s eyes water up, “No…”

“Tiff…” Yoona says quietly, “You’ve done nothing but cry over you and Donghae’s relationship. Who’s been there to pick you up? Taeng. Who was the one to comfort you because of Donghae? Taeng,” Yoona’s eyes soften, “He’s always been there for you...You know I’m right about Donghae being a jerk-”

“I know!” Tiffany yells, clenching her fist, “Can’t you see? I hate Donghae!”

 Yoona snaps his head, “Then why are you still with him?! Why are you saying all that crap about him changing? He hasn’t changed at all!”

Tiffany stands up from her desk, “You won’t understand Yoona!”

“You keep saying that!”

 Tiffany chokes on her words, “I can’t tell you Yoona…” Tears roll down her cheek, “I just can’t.”

 Yoona sighs, staring at Tiffany, “Taeng was just trying to help you…Don’t you get it? He was waiting for the day for you to break up with him.”

Tiffany gazes at him, “What?”

 Yoona looks down, thinking he said too much, “He’s tired…Tired of seeing you hurt. Tired of seeing you cry. He misses seeing you smile, seeing the happy Tiffany.”

 I miss seeing a smile on your face.

More tears trail down her cheek as she recalls the memory of talking with Taeng.

 Tiffany hangs her head low, “I want to break up with Donghae…”

 Yoona shakes his head morosely, “Then why don’t you?”

Tiffany sniffles, shaking her head as she gathers her things, shoving past Yoona and Seohyun to exit the door. She keeps her head hung low as she slowly walks down the hall.

Taeng…You don’t understand. I’m doing this to protect you…I’d rather see a smile on your face. You’ve done so much for me. Now it’s my turn to return the favor. Please…I hope you understand soon.

She feels a grip on her wrist as she exits the structure of the school. She turns around, feeling scared and frantic to the tight grip. She looks up, seeing Donghae in front of her.

“Oh…hi,” Tiffany says softly, looking at the dark expression on the latter’s face.

 “Where are you going?” He asks sternly, his grip still tight.

Tiffany rolls her eyes, “Home.”

 “No you’re not, you’re coming with me,” Donghae states bluntly.

Tiffany shakes her head, “Aren’t you supposed to be at basketball practice?”

The latter frowns, “No. Kikwang canceled practice today.”

Tiffany rolls her eyes again, “Let me go. I’m going home.”

*Slap*

The pain returns to Tiffany’s cheek, she gazes at Donghae after recovering from the struck of the latter. Tiffany softly touches her cheek, feeling the burning sensation coursing through.

“Let’s go,” Donghae says firmly, leading Tiffany out the gates of the school.

 Tiffany silently cries as she reluctantly follows Donghae.

 

 “Jessica you’re so quiet, is something wrong?” Taeng asks worriedly, gazing at his girlfriend.

 They were sitting on the ledge side by side, the gentle breeze blowing against their face. Jessica had been unusually quiet, staring absentmindedly at the water, slowly swaying her feet over the ledge.

“Taengoo…are you happy with me?” Jessica asks softly, her eyes kept on the water.

Taeng was taken aback, “Of course I am.”

Jessica bites her bottom lip, “How happy?”

 “I’m so happy I can’t find the words to explain,” Taeng answers sincerely, gently taking Jessica’s hand.

The latter’s eyes soften, “Can I ask something?”

 “Anything,” Taeng says softly, squeezing her hand.

“If you had the chance to be with something else…Would you take the opportunity?” Jessica asks softly, looking over to Taeng.

 Taeng’s eyes widen, he was in complete shock the latter would ask such a question.

“No of course not. I’m happy with you Jessica. I love being with you,” Taeng answers soothingly, kissing her hand softly.

Jessica faintly smiles, “You’re amazing…”

 Taeng smiles, “Why do you ask though?”

 Jessica shakes her head, laying her head against Taeng’s arm, “No reason…I was just asking.”

Taeng gazes sincerely at his girlfriend, knowing there was something behind that response. He shrugs it off, not wanting to ruin the moment they were having.

He kisses her cheek tenderly, “Don’t second guess yourself okay? You’re perfect for me.”

Jessica smiles softly, staring at the calm water’s as her head remains on his shoulder. Taeng sighs happily, looking out to the distance of the water’s, watching as the sky was turning into an orange tint.

Jessica lifts her head from his arm, “Can you take me home now? I need to run some errands.”

Taeng gently gazes at her, “Oh, okay.”

 He slowly gets up from the ledge, taking Jessica’s hand in his as they make their way down the street. Taeng walks Jessica to her doorstep, cautiously looking at her.

 “I’ll see you tomorrow okay?” Taeng says sweetly, squeezing the latter’s soft hand.

 Jessica slightly smiles, “Yeah…”

She kisses his cheek, swiftly turns around and unlocks her door. Jessica enters her house, looking at Taeng before closing the door. Taeng sighs, running a hand through his hair as he turns around to walk home.

Taeng enters the door to his house, his mind boggling of indecisive thoughts. He shakes his head, taking off his shoes and heads upstairs to his room. He crashes on the bed, taking a deep breath as he closes his eyes.

The scent of Tiffany wafts through his noses, he chuckles to himself realizing he didn’t wash his bed sheets yet. He felt at ease again but then his heart starts to ache.

“Dammit Tiffany…” Taeng says softly, clutching his chest tightly.

He couldn’t deny that he missed her but at the same time he was mad at her. He had done everything he could to ensure her happiness but it turned out to be a futile attempt.

Taeng sighs, gazing at the white ceiling above him. “I just wish I knew why…” Taeng says to the white space above him, “Why you’re still with him…”

 Tiffany wipes her tears as she stares at her ceiling, her body sprawled out in the shape of an X. She sniffles, recalling the awful day she had, tears forming in her eyes again. She closes her eyes, wishing the pain would go away but it only made her tears fall faster.

“Taeng…I wish I could talk to you,” Tiffany says quietly as her eyes wander the blackness before her.

 She chuckles bitterly, “But you hate me now…I’m too late.”