My Turn

Blind

 

Taeng’s body tenses, his mouth agape in shock and his eyes wide. Tiffany as well was paralyzed, her eyes dared not to look at Taeng but the words of Donghae resounded in her head.

You’re in love with Tiffany.

Taeng blows out a breath, “W-what…”

Donghae chuckles bitterly, “You think I didn’t know? Tch, I’m not stupid. Unlike Tiffany.”

 Tiffany remains speechless, her hand was still on Taeng’s arm yet she didn’t want to take it off. Yul remains quiet, he keeps Donghae pinned against the wall but his expression was grim.

Donghae shakes his head, “I knew the day I met you, that stupid look in your eyes gave it away.”

Taeng felt crushed, his body was beginning to sink and feel heavy.

 The pinned latter laughs, “I never liked you Taeng. I wanted to see you miserable, that’s why I dated Tiffany. To keep her away from you. You think you can just walk in here and think everyone likes you? Tch.”

Taeng looks down, unsure of what to say. Donghae’s words were eating at him and he couldn’t find the right words to retaliate. Tiffany was frozen, her mind was warping around so many thoughts but she wasn’t sure what to do.

 Donghae chuckles softly, “Am I right Taeng? Aren’t you in love with her?”

 Taeng takes a deep breath, his eyes locked on the gray floor in front of him. Tiffany snaps out of her thoughts and gazes at Taeng, her heart beating erratically. Yul sighs and releases Donghae from his grasp; he hangs his head low and steps back.

Donghae slides down against the wall, “You can’t deny it Taeng. I’m right.”

Taeng clenches his fists, not saying a word to the latter.

 Tiffany grips her hand on his arm, containing her emotions, “Taeng?”

Taeng quickly stands up, his fists still tight and his head was hung low.

 Donghae chuckles again, “What? Am I wrong?”

Taeng shakes his head and clenches his fists, “No…You’re right.”

 Tiffany flinches and looks at Taeng, her heart beats ten times faster and her eyes were glued on Taeng’s stoic face.

Taeng chuckles bitterly, “It’s true.”

 Yul steps closer to him, “Taeng…”

 Taeng looks at his friend; he smiles warmly and nods. Yul’s face softens and he takes a step back, remaining in silence.

Taeng gazes at Donghae who was still on the floor, he chuckles bitterly, “You’re right Donghae.”

Donghae scowls, he leans his head back against the wall and cringes in pain.

“I am in love with Tiffany,” Taeng says boldly, he tightens his fists.

Tiffany’s heart skips a beat, her mind was still swirling and she was in complete shock. Taeng gazes over to Tiffany, their eyes meet and he gently smiles. Tiffany stares deep into Taeng’s eyes, her brain wasn’t connecting to , and she couldn’t speak or do anything. She was frozen. Taeng gazes at Yul; he smiles sadly and runs out the door. Yul sighs, he watches the double doors slowly close and slam shut.

He gazes at Donghae, “You better leave,” He walks over to him and pulls him up, “Hurt Tiffany again and Taeng will kill you.”

 Donghae jerks his head, “Tch. Whatever.”

 He wipes his bloodied face with his shirt and shoves past Yul’s shoulders, not looking at Tiffany as he bypasses. Tiffany stands up, her body trembling and her mind dazed. Yul faces Tiffany, his face softens and he gazes at the latter.

 “How do you feel?” Yul asks, approaching the latter gently.

 Tiffany runs her hand through her hair, “I-I’m…I’m not sure.”

Yul shoves his hands in his pockets, “Can I ask you something?”

 Tiffany nods, finding it difficult to speak; her mind was entranced on Taeng’s confession.

 “How do you feel about Taeng?” Yul asks, gazing seriously at Tiffany.

Tiffany lifts her hand and gently touches her chest over her heart, she was feeling the soft beat, and her face as well was flustered.

 “I….” Tiffany begins, unsure of how to answer.

Yul shakes his head, “Go after him,” He cuts her off, “I shouldn’t hear what you have to say. He does.”

Tiffany looks up at him with surprised eyes. Yul sends a gentle smile; he nudges his head to the door, indicating she should go after Taeng. Tiffany nods; she runs out the doors and begins to scout for Taeng.

Her mind and heart had already made a decision.

 Taeng sighs; he leans back against the tree staring out to the waters. He chuckles to himself, finding it cliché how this situation turned out. He was feeling mixed emotions, it was stirred in a bundle.

“Aigoo…” Taeng says softly, he leans his head back.

 “Taengoo?”

Taeng quickly jerks around, he sadly smiles, “Jessica.”

Jessica walks over to him and sits down next to him, “What are you doing here? I thought you had practice.”

Taeng sighs, “Yeah…I wasn’t in the mood…”

 Jessica’s eyes widen, “Omo! What happened to your cheek?”

 Taeng softly touches his right cheek, “Donghae…”

Jessica’s brows furrow, “What?!”

 Taeng chuckles bitterly, “She knows Jessica…”

 Jessica’s face softens, “What?”

Taeng looks down, “Tiffany…”

 Jessica gasps, “You confessed?”

Taeng shakes his head, “No…”

“Then…How did she find out?”

Taeng sighs, “Donghae…”

Jessica’s face falls, “Omo…”

Taeng chuckles bitterly again, he then explains the situation that happened not too long ago.

Taeng sighs, “I didn’t want her to find out that way…”

 Jessica tilts her head, “What do you mean?”

Taeng chuckles, “I wanted to confess to her. I didn’t want her to hear it from someone else. I wanted it to be like a cheesy romantic movie where I would do something amazing and everything would be perfect…”

Jessica softly chuckles, “That would have been nice…But maybe this is fate that you waited too long to tell her? Sure you didn’t confess the way you dreamed but at least she knows.”

Taeng shakes his head, “She doesn’t love me though. She doesn’t feel the same way as me.”

“You don’t know that.”

Taeng rests his hands on his lap, “Face it Jessica…She doesn’t.”

 Jessica sighs, “Stop being so negative Taeng.”  

Jessica softly touches his arm to comfort him, “And if she doesn’t feel the same way…I hate to say this but there’s plenty of fish in the sea.”

Taeng sighs sadly and gazes at the latter, “Yeah…But she’s the only fish in the sea I want.”

Jessica remains quiet; she retracts her hand and gazes at the waters.

Taeng sighs softly, “I love her so much Jessica. You have no idea how much it hurts…”

Jessica cringes, the defeated look on Taeng’s face made her heart ache.

“Well…” She starts to say.

 “Taeng?”

 Jessica quickly jerks around hearing a different voice. Jessica’s eyes widen, she quickly stands up and motions the latter to come closer. Taeng keeps his head low, not caring who was there. He felt Jessica’s presence leave his side, he didn’t really care. He wanted to be left alone anyway.

All of a sudden, he felt another presence against his arm where Jessica was, he still thought it was Jessica returning by his side.

 “Jessica…Just leave me alone,” Taeng says softly, his head buried in his arms.

 “Last time I checked my name wasn’t Jessica.”

Taeng’s body quickly tenses; he lifts his head up and jerks his head to the side. Tiffany softly smiles at him, Taeng’s eyes widen, his heart skips a beat and he grows flustered.

 “T-Tiffany,” He says frantically.

 Tiffany tilts her head, “Hi.”

“What are you doing here?”

“Talking to you silly,” Tiffany replies, softly chuckling.

Taeng sighs, “I see…”

Tiffany fidgets with her fingers, “Is it true?”

Taeng gazes softly at her, “What?”

Tiffany bites her bottom lip, “That you love me?”

 Taeng remains quiet, his heart skips another beat and he wasn’t sure what to say. Tiffany gazes at him, a serious yet soft look in her eyes.

“Yes…” Taeng answers, breaking the silence.

 Tiffany’s heart skips a beat, “Really?”

Taeng chuckles bitterly, “I’ve loved you ever since we were ten…”

 Tiffany’s eyes widen, “That long?”

 Taeng nods, his face grows red, he quickly looks down feeling embarrassed.

 Tiffany keeps her eyes on Taeng’s face, “…How come you never told me?”

Taeng sadly smiles, “I was afraid.”

Tiffany softly touches his arm, a shock surges through both their bodies.

 “Of what?” Tiffany asks caringly.

Taeng chuckles, “That you wouldn’t feel the same way.”

Tiffany bites her bottom lip again, “You still should have told me…”

 Taeng snickers softly, “Believe me…If fear didn’t exist I would have ran up to you, kissed you and told you I love you.” 

Tiffany’s mouth draws agape, her heart skips another beat.

Taeng sighs; he looks at the latter, “I’ve always wanted to tell you…”

 Tiffany shakes her head; she puts her fingers up to his lips and gently smiles. “

You’ve already confessed a lot today,” Tiffany says; her smile still on her face, “Now it’s my turn.”