Black And White

Blind

 

Tiffany was pacing back and forth in her room, her mind stuck on what to say. She was certain today was the day she was going to break up with Donghae. Tiffany had told Donghae to meet her in the café after basketball practice; she was growing anxious and scared. She was afraid how Donghae would take the breakup, worried if he wouldn’t allow it. 

Tiffany gazes at the time; realizing practice was going to be soon, she composes herself and heads downstairs to get ready.

 Her stomach tightens as she opens the café door, seeing Donghae sitting darkly at one of the small tables, she slowly approaches him. Her knees buckle as she inches closer to him, he gazes up at her with a dark expression on his face; Tiffany gulps and takes her seat across from him.

 “Okay talk,” Donghae demands, leaning back against the chair and crossing his arms.

Tiffany bites her bottom lip, fidgeting with her hands under the table.

Donghae scoffs, “Are you going to talk or did I waste my time coming here?”

“I’m breaking up with you,” Tiffany states, biting her lip harder.

Donghae’s eyes widen, “What?”

 Tiffany gulps, “I’m tired of you treating me like trash.”

 Anger boils through the latter; he tightens his fists, slamming them down on the table. The entire café was staring at the couple, seeing the angry look on Donghae’s face, hush whispers fill the area.

 “I refuse to accept that,” Donghae states angrily, his knuckles growing white.

 Tiffany felt scared, she was trembling, “I-I’m sorry Donghae. This is my decision.”

 Donghae takes a deep breath, “You’re not breaking up with me.”

Tiffany looks at him, “Yes I am. I’m not happy with you.”

“This is because of Taeng huh?” Donghae asks furiously, glaring at Tiffany.

Tiffany flinches back, “What? Why would Taeng have something to do with this?”

Donghae rubs his hand over his face irritably, “He forced you to break up with me huh? It’s because you found out huh?”

Tiffany was confused; she didn’t understand the latter’s words.

 “I don’t understand Donghae. Found out what?” She replies.

 Donghae chuckles evilly, “You really are stupid.”

 Tiffany’s body deflates; she holds back the tears that wanted to escape.

 “We’re over Donghae,” Tiffany states, her body wanting to give out.

 Donghae snarls, “We’re not.”

 Tiffany stands up, heading out to the exit.

She was done.

As she exits the café, she was jerked back by her wrist. Tiffany winces is pain from the hard pull on her arm, she struggles to escape the grasp but it was no use. She turns around, seeing Donghae holding her tight and glaring at her with fire in his eyes.

 “We’re not over,” Donghae states quietly, tightening his grip on her wrist.

Tiffany winces, “Let go of me Donghae.”

 “Not until you say we’re not over,” Donghae retaliates darkly.

 “No! I don’t want to be with you anymore!” Tiffany yells, tears flooding from her eyes.

 Donghae grits his teeth, “Stop being so foolish Tiffany.”

Tiffany uses her free arm to punch his chest as hard as she could, “No! I hate you Donghae, I don’t want to be with you anymore so let go-”

*Slap*

“There, isn’t it better when you stop talking?” Donghae asks rhetorically.

 She gazes at him, seeing the angry character on his face.  Tiffany’s cheek was stinging from the harsh hit from Donghae.

 Tiffany starts to cry, “I can’t believe you…”

 Donghae pulls her close to him, his hot breath against her ear, “If I ever hear the words ‘we’re over’ out of your mouth again, I’ll hurt you even harder.”

Tiffany’s body strikes with fear, her knees buckle and fall weak; she trembles from the words of the latter.

She tries to fight back, “I’ll tell Taeng.”

 Dongae chuckles bitterly, “No you won’t. Because if you tell him, I’ll only hurt you more.”

Tiffany’s eyes widen, she was terrified and her mind was boggling of fuzzy thoughts. Donghae releases his grip, smiling evilly at Tiffany.

 “I’ll see you tomorrow,” Donghae says, “Girlfriend.”

He pivots around and walks away from her. Tiffany falls on her knees, her cheek still in pain. She stares at the gray concrete; she wasn’t sure what to do. Tiffany cries silently, feeling weak and defeated as the hot tears stream down her cheek.

 “I wish you were here Tae…” She says quietly as the tears silently hit the cold slate ground.

 

Taeng was with Yoona at a nearby park, they were both sitting on the swings, hearing only the creaks of the old metal.

“Can I ask you something?” Yoona asks, breaking the silence.

Taeng gazes at the latter and nods, “Of course.”

 “Do…” He trails, “Do you still have feelings for Tiffany?”

Taeng holds in his breath, gazing down and kicking his feet.

“Everything’s complicated…” Taeng answers quietly, his eyes growing dark.

“Talk to me,” Yoona says softly.

 Taeng sighs, “Yes…I still have feelings for Tiffany. I was trying so hard to get over her, I thought my feelings were slowly washing away,” He cringes, “But…the little things she does…make me fall for her again and again…”

Yoona stares with compassion at his friend, keeping his lips sealed as Taeng continues.

“And then there’s Jessica…” Taeng chuckles bitterly, “I love being with her. She’s different, she makes me a better person,” Taeng lowers his eyes, “My feelings for Tiffany won’t go away…but I want to be with Jessica,” Taeng chuckles bitterly again, “How pathetic right?”

 Yoona frowns, “It’s not pathetic. Feelings are just complicated.”

Taeng sadly smiles, “You’re telling me.”

The latter sighs, “So what are you going to do?”

 Taeng gazes at him, “I still want to be with Jessica. But…I don’t think I’ll ever get over Tiffany.”

Yoona nods, “Understandable.”

 Taeng tilts his head, “Is it really?”

“Yeah. Like I said feelings are complicated. I’m glad you still want to be with Jessica because I’m still on the whole ‘get over Tiffany’ boat.”

Taeng chuckles softly, “She’s breaking up with Donghae today…”

Yoona’s eyes widen, “Seriously?”

Taeng nods, Yoona chuckles softly and smiles.

 “About time,” Yoona states lightly.

Taeng chuckles again, “Exactly how I was feeling.”

“But…” Yoona’s eyes fall, “Does that mean you’re going to break up with Jessica to be with Tiffany?”

Taeng’s eyes widen, he quickly averts his eyes to the latter, “No. I already told you…I love being with Jessica.”

 Yoona sighs of relief, “Good.”

Taeng sadly chuckles, gripping his hands on the metal of the swings; he stares absentmindedly at the wood chips on the ground.

 “I’m glad Tiffany is breaking up with him,” Yoona states quietly, kicking the wood chips on the ground.

Taeng smiles lightly, “Yeah me too.”

Yoona sighs softly, “You know…” Taeng looks over to the latter. “Being in love has its down points.”

Taeng chuckles, “I can agree with you on that.”

Yoona chuckles bitterly, “But being in love is a beautiful thing.”

Taeng gazes softly at the latter, “Yeah…”

Yoona smiles warmly, “Taeng, whatever you do…”

He looks at Taeng softly, “I hope you make the right choice.”