Never-ending

Blind

 

Luckily for the group it was Friday, meaning the weekend was right around the corner and they couldn’t wait to start their weekend plans. Seohyun and Yoona walk hand in hand to their desk, Yoona stealing kisses from Seohyun every so often.

“Ugh, you guys are already in love,” Hyoyeon jokingly says, teasing the new couple.

Yoona chuckles, “Yeah yeah.”

Tiffany walks through the doors, looking awkwardly at Yoona before heading to her seat. Although Yoona apologized for saying harsh words to her she couldn’t help but to feel as if their friendship has been chipped; a slight crack that can’t be fixed.

 “Hey Tiff,” Yoona greets her warmly.

 Tiffany smiles awkwardly, “Hey Yoona.”

“Are you okay?” He asks, looking at her worriedly.

 “Yeah I’m fine,” Tiffany replies coolly, concealing her awkward emotions.

 Yoona shrugs, diverting his attention back to his girlfriend. The door slides open and Jessica walks through, a wide smile across her face.

“Whoa,” Yoona says breathlessly, “Could it be the ice princess is actually smiling?”

The group laughs at Yoona’s comment, surprisingly even Jessica joins in the lively laugh. Tiffany looks at the blonde latter as she sits at her seat, her mood was much livelier than usual.

Wonder why she’s so happy.

Taeng happily enters the door, his smiles becomes even wider seeing his girlfriend. He happily walks over to their desk, takes his seat and looks lovingly at his girlfriend.

“Hey beautiful,” He greets, leaning towards her for a kiss.

The group eyes widen, their jaws drop in unison seeing the two share a kiss. Tiffany was the most surprised, her heart drops along with her stomach. A burning sensation courses through her, her eyes felt as if they were being ripped out of their sockets.

 “Y-you guys’ are dating?” Sunny asks, pointing at the two.

Taeng turns around hearing the question from the latter. He happily nods and smiles, Jessica doing the same action.

 Yoona bites his bottom lip, “Wow…that’s great. I never expected that…”

Tiffany stares at the two; she didn’t know how to feel about this. This entire time she sensed something was between those two but she never expected them to be dating. She clenches her fist under the table, feeling hurt and abandoned her best friend would do something like this.

Yoona forces a smile, “I’m happy for you Taeng.”

Taeng grins dorkily at his friend, “Thanks Yoona.”

Yoona awkwardly smiles, looking away from the couple and bites his bottom lip again.

Seohyun leans against Yoona, “Are you okay?”

 Yoona diverts his attention back to his girlfriend, staring at her before sighing “When will it end?”

 

“I have a game Monday…” Taeng trails, playing with his girlfriend’s fingers.

 Jessica smiles, “I know. I’ll be there.”

Taeng looks at her and smirks “Are you going to cheer for me?”

 “Hm…no,” Jessica teases.

Taeng releases her hand, crosses his arms and pouts, “Hey…”

Jessica laughs, adoring her boyfriend’s cuteness “I was kidding. Of course I’m going to cheer for you.”

Taeng pretends to be unsatisfied; he continues to pout while staring at his girlfriend. Jessica chuckles, pecking her boyfriend’s lips as a sign of apology.

“Happy?” She asks, warmly smiling.

 Taeng grins cheekily, “Much better.”

 Tiffany sighs in annoyance, pretending to pick her nails as she tries to ignore the couple share sweet nothings to each other.

 “Fany-ah, are you going to be at the game Monday?” Taeng asks, looking at his best friend happily.

Tiffany rolls her eyes, “Of course. I have to support my boyfriend.”

Taeng looks at her weirdly, raising his eyebrows up in confusion “Uh okay I was just asking.” Taeng awkwardly turns around, feeling hurt from Tiffany’s attitude and words.

 Tiffany’s eyes widen, her jaw drops after realizing what she had said. She smacks her forehead with her head, feeling foolish saying those bitter words to her friend.

Why did I say that?

Tiffany leans against the desk, running her hand through her hair, and taking a deep breath. She looks softly at Taeng who was facing the chalk board; guilt was getting the best of her.

“Taeng…” She calls out to him softly, her head still on the desk.

 Taeng hesitantly turns around slowly, “Yes?”

“Uhm, what time is your game?” She asks cheerfully, trying to make up for her idiotic words.

 “3 o clock” Taeng replies placidly, staring at Tiffany with no emotion.

 Tiffany awkwardly nods, “Can’t wait to support you.”

 Taeng slowly nods his head, “Okay…” He turns around again, feeling awkward about the situation.

 Fany-ah…

Tiffany sighs, softly banging her head on the table. Taeng turns around and sees Tiffany slam her head on the table. He cringes, leaning towards her desk and places his hand under her face. She slams down and her forehead feels soft and warm. She looks up and sees Taeng looking at her with worry.

“You’re going to hurt yourself if you keep doing that,” He says caringly, warmly smiling at her.

Tiffany’s heart skips a beat, her eyes glued on his as he retracts his hand.

He’s so forgiving…

“Thank you…Sorry about my rude attitude a while ago,” Tiffany says apologetically.

“It’s okay Fany-ah,” Taeng replies, reassuring her with a smile.

Tiffany smiles, her eye smile added along with it, Taeng flinches back as he sees the latter’s heart melting smile. He quickly shakes his head, smiling at Tiffany before averting his head back to the black board. Tiffany’s face falls seeing the awkward look on Taeng’s face and how quickly he turned around.

 

After school, Donghae decided to hang with Tiffany before practice started. They had some time to kill so the couple was sitting on the bench in front of the locker rooms.

 “So…what do you want to do tomorrow?” Tiffany asks her boyfriend.

Donghae shrugs, “Whatever. I don’t care.”

Tiffany frowns, “Can you make a decision?”

Donghae sighs, “We’ll figure it out later okay?”

Tiffany sighs in annoyance; Donghae’s answers were irritating her and giving her a migraine.

 I wonder what Taeng is doing right now…

 

 Taeng and Jessica were walking hand in hand down the hallway of school. Their intertwined hands made Taeng smile, he couldn’t be any happier.

“Oh Taeng oppa!”

He stops in his tracks, Jessica stopping as well when he heard his name being called.

 “Oh Jieun!” He says happily, watching as she walks closer to him.

As Jieun approaches him her eyes suddenly go wide, “Oh…You guys’ are dating?” She points to their entwined hands, staring with her eyes wide and big.

Taeng happily nods, “Yeah we are.”

Jieun’s smile fades, her face falls short “Oh…that’s great.”

 Taeng tilts his head, “Are you okay?”

 Jieun looks down, biting her bottom lip and stares at her feet; she was trying to prevent her tears from falling.

She quickly looks up as she regains her composure and smiles warmly, “I’m fine oppa. I’m happy for the both of you.”

 Taeng grins, “Thanks Jieun.”

Jieun nods, “I have to go now. I’ll see you later.” She politely bows, smiling at them before walking past them down the hall.

 Her heart was broken but deep down she knew she was going to be okay.

You’re happy oppa. That’s all that matters.

Taeng looks over to Jessica who was absentmindedly staring down the hall.

“Are you okay?” He asks the latter, squeezing her hand.

Jessica snaps into reality and looks at her boyfriend, “Hm? Yeah I’m fine.”

Taeng furrows his brows, “Are you sure?”

 Jessica smiles, kissing Taeng’s cheek to assure him she was well. Taeng smiles, continuing to walk down the hall while holding his girlfriend’s hand. They enter through the doors of the gym and the locker rooms. Taeng leads Jessica to the front of the boys’ locker room door.

 “Oh Taeng! Jessica!”

 Taeng was taken aback hearing another voice in the area, the couple looks over behind them; Tiffany and Donghae were sitting on the bench.

“Oh hey,” Taeng replies calmly, surprised to see the two here.

 “What are you guys’ doing here?” Tiffany asks curiously, suddenly taking interest seeing the couple.

“I’m dropping Taeng off for practice and then I’m going home,” Jessica answers happily.

Tiffany nods hear head, her eyes drifting on their entwined hands. She grows unpleasant seeing the contact, her eyes glued on the hands and her stomach starts to flip upside down.

 “Oh that’s nice of you,” Tiffany replies, sounding a bit sarcastic.

 Jessica raises her eyebrow up, “Uhm yeah.”

Donghae growls, “So you guys’ are dating huh?”

 Taeng sighs, already knowing where this conversation was going, “Yeah.”

Donghae snickers, “Tch. Did you poison her or something?”

Tiffany’s eyes widen hearing the rude remark from her boyfriend, was left agape. Taeng shakes his head; he diverts his attention away from the couple and looks at Jessica. Jessica had a nasty look on her face; her eyes were staring at Donghae with disgusts.

“Hey ignore him,” Taeng whispers quietly, cupping her face.

 Jessica’s eyes meet his, an automatic smile forms on her face.

“I don’t like the way he’s treating you…” Jessica answers, wrapping her arms around his torso.

Taeng chuckles, “I’ll be okay. As long as he doesn’t hurt you I’ll be fine.”

He kisses her forehead softly, embracing Jessica in his arms.

Oblivious to the burning stares coming from Tiffany.

She awkwardly watches them act so lovingly towards each other, ignoring the presence of herself and Donghae. Donghae growls again, grabbing Tiffany and kissing her sloppily.

Tiffany pushes him away, wiping “Donghae, stop.”

He’s never kissed me like that before.

 Donghae sighs, “I’m going to change now. I’ll see you later.”

He kisses her cheek, not smiling at her; he gets up and heads straight into the locker room. Tiffany was left watching Taeng and Jessica, she wanted to walk away but something kept pushing her down to stay. She watches as they exchange a smile and a kiss. Her stomach churns; she tries to stop the uncomfortable feeling by pushing her stomach softly with her arms.

 I just want to leave.

 “Be careful walking home okay?” Taeng says worriedly, wishing he could walk his girlfriend home.

 “I’ll be fine,” Jessica reassures him with a smile, “Have a good practice okay? Practice hard.”

“For you I will,” Taeng replies dorkily, kissing Jessica again.

Jessica bites her bottom lip, “See you later.”

 Taeng smiles affectionately, “Okay. See you.”

 Tiffany gets up from the bench after hearing the departing words of the couple.

 “Oh Tiffany, were you waiting for me?” She hears Jessica asks, feeling the eyes of the blonde latter on her.

 Tiffany nods, “Yeah. I figured we could walk home together.”

Taeng’s eyes light up, “That’s a great idea.”

Jessica laughs hearing the happiness in her boyfriend’s tone.

 “Be safe walking home okay ladies?” Taeng says sternly, sounding like a protective father.

“Of course, stop worrying,” Jessica teases.

“Take care Fany-ah,” Taeng says to his friend, happily smiling.

Tiffany quickly smiles back, seeing the genuine smile on the latter’s face “Thanks. You too Tae.”

Jessica and Tiffany wave Taeng good bye, heading out through the doors. They see Yul walking towards them, heading to practice as well.

 “Oh hey Yul,” Jessica greets happily, warmly smiling at him.

Yul grimaces seeing Jessica’s face, his heart, already broken, couldn’t take any more pain. He doesn’t reply to both Tiffany and Jessica, shoving past them and heads through the doors.

 “Omo, is he okay?” Tiffany asks worriedly, gazing at the door.

Jessica tilts her head, “I don’t know…I hope he is.”

She looks at the door worriedly, snapping out of her thoughts and looks the other direction.

“Come on, let’s go,” Jessica says, grabbing Tiffany’s arm.

 

“Oh, hey Yul!” Taeng greets happily as Yul approaches his locker.

 Donghae scoffs, shoving past the two and heads out to the gym.

Yul doesn’t respond, he silently unlocks his locker and takes out his gym clothes.

Taeng gazes at the dark haired latter, “Yul are you okay?”

 [Flashback]

"Ah, who is the lucky lady?"

 “Jessica."

[End Flashback]

Yul grits his teeth after replaying the memory; he slams his locker forcefully as anger takes over his body.

Taeng flinches back, his eyes widen in surprise “Yul?”

“Shut up Taeng,” Yul says darkly.

Taeng looks at the latter, anxiety rushing through his body. Yul walks towards the door to exit but he was stopped short. Taeng grips on his wrist tight as Yul tries to struggle from his grasp.

 “Taeng. Let go right now,” Yul says darkly, not looking at him.

 “Not until you tell me what’s wrong,” Taeng replies, not wanting to give in.

 At the point, Yul lost himself; he turns around and faces Taeng with a hollow and intimidating look.

“You want to know what my problem is.” Yul asks rhetorically.

Taeng stares at his friend with no response.

Yul clenches his fist, “It’s you Taeng.”

Taeng’s eyes fall, “What?”

 Yul pushes him against the locker, “How could you do this to me? I thought we were friends!”

“We are friends!” Taeng argues back, trying to calm his friend down.

Yul pushes Taeng against the locker; his eyes were growing dark and hollow. Taeng was growing worried of his friend’s action; he keeps his eyes on the latter without saying a word.

Yul takes a deep breath, “I thought you knew…” Yul states, his tone softer “I thought you knew I like Jessica…”

 Taeng’s eyes widen after hearing the latter’s confession. His heart begins to grow heavy; he stares at his friend with the utmost compassion.

 “Yul I…I didn’t know…” Taeng says with honesty.

 How could he have been so blind to not notice his friend’s feelings? He was too into his own feelings he didn’t take the time to think about the others.

 “I thought I was making my feelings obvious…” Yul says softly, clenching his fist tightly.

 “Yul…” Taeng replies quietly.

He didn’t know what to say, he wasn’t sure if this was a problem he could fixed because of the deep feelings he has for his girlfriend. Taeng watches as Yul’s tough character begins to crumble, Yul lessens his fist as he hangs his head low.

 “Yul I…” Taeng starts to say.

 “Taeng…It’s okay,” Yul says softly.

“What?”

“I can’t stop you from liking Jessica…You can’t control your feelings,” Yul chuckles bitterly, stepping back from Taeng.

 “Yul…” Taeng says sadly.

 “I’m happy for you two…Really I am,” Yul says gloomily.

 Taeng was about to say something but Yul shakes his head.

“Just…leave me alone for a while okay?” Yul asks sincerely, his heart wrenching of pain.

 Taeng’s face falls hearing the request from the latter; he couldn’t bear seeing how hurt his friend was because of him.

 “I can’t do that…” Taeng replies solemnly.

 “Please Taeng…” Yul pleas softly, “I just need some time to think about this…Right now I’m an emotional wreck.”

Taeng slumps his shoulder, unwillingly nodding to his friend’s wish.

 “Alright…but promise me one thing,” Taeng asks softly, gazing at the latter.

 Yul looks up at him, “What?”

“Promise me we’ll still be friends…” Taeng says, cringing at the sight of losing Yul.

 Yul chuckles softly, “You really are something Taeng…”

 “Please, just promise me,” He says, softly begging.

Yul sighs, “I promise…”

 Without further discussion, Yul heads out the door without saying anymore to Taeng. Taeng felt heavy, his body felt as if he weighed ten thousand pounds; he stares at the red lockers ahead of him.

“I’m sorry Yul…” He softly says, slowly heading out to the gym for practice.

 

“So you and Taeng…” Tiffany says nonchalantly as the two were walking along the street.

Jessica goofily smiles hearing her boyfriend’s name, “Yeah…”

 Tiffany bites her bottom lip hearing the happiness in the latter’s tone.

 “How did he ask you?” Tiffany asks curiously.

“He took me out to dinner, then we walked around a bit, and then he asked me to be his girlfriend,” Jessica explains happily.

 “That’s nice…” Tiffany replies, feeling thrown off and slightly annoyed.

 “Yeah…He’s great,” Jessica trails off dreamily.

Tiffany rolls her eyes, the searing burn return to her body.

 “Yeah, Taeng is great. I know everything about him,” Tiffany boasts, gleaming at Jessica.

The latter looks at her, “Well you guys’ are best friends.”

Tiffany cockily nods, “Yeah we are.”

 Jessica gazes at the latter oddly, “Ooookay.”

Tiffany shakes her head, face palming herself after hearing the cockiness in her tone.

Aish what is wrong with me?

“Er well anyways, here is where we part ways now,” Jessica states at they arrive at a junction.

 Tiffany snaps out of her thoughts, “Yeah. I’ll see you later; maybe we can plan something with the group tomorrow.”

 Jessica smiles, “Okay. Good night.”

 She waves at Tiffany before heading down the street; Tiffany sighs and walks the opposite direction.

“Why do I feel angry every time I think about them?” Tiffany asks herself as she slowly walks down the sidewalk.