Unanswered Questions

Blind

 

Tiffany was lying on her bed; her eyes were puffy from crying last night. Her mind was warped around Donghae. He didn’t bother to keep fighting when she walked away, after a few attempts he walked home, leaving Tiffany alone. She was hurt, angry and annoyed at her boyfriend’s actions, she can’t seem to find out why he’s changed.

Tiffany sits up from her bed, eyeing her reflection and chuckles bitterly seeing her bloodshot puffy eyes. She wasn’t sure if she was getting tired of Donghae or just tired from his attitude. Her emotions were confused; she wasn’t sure what to do. She quickly takes out her phone and dials a number, carefully placing her phone up to her ear.

 “Yeoboseyo?”

“Hi Tae…” Taeng hears Tiffany’s weak voice through the line.

“Fany-ah, are you okay?” He asks, growing worried.

“Are you busy?” She asks, her voice hoarse and cracked.

Taeng looks over to Jessica who was leaning against him, she gazes up at him. Taeng gives a look to Jessica; her eyes widen and she remains quiet, urging Taeng to continue his conversation.

 “Uh no I’m not busy, what’s up?” Taeng answers nonchalantly.

 Tiffany sighs, “It’s about Donghae…”

“Is this about last night?”

Tiffany chuckles bitterly, “Bingo…”

“I saw the way he dragged you out…” Taeng says, cringing after recalling the memory.

 “He’s changed so much…” Tiffany says quietly, holding back her tears.

 “Have you talked to him about that?” Taeng asks, leaning back against the couch.

 “No...It’ll lead to an argument. We always end up arguing, it’s been like this for weeks now,” Tiffany replies, sighing sadly.

 Taeng remains quiet, hearing only the light breathing of Tiffany through the phone.

 I want to say break up with him. But would she do it?

“Tae?” Tiffany asks, hoping the latter didn’t disconnect the call.

“You should talk to him,” Taeng answers, sounding vague and dark.

Tiffany bites her bottom lip, “You think so?”

 Taeng sighs, “You might as well. Do you still want to be with him?”

 Tiffany bites her lip harder, thinking of the latter’s question.

I don’t know the answer to that.

“I guess,” Tiffany replies, trying to sound hopeful.

 “Well, then there you go,” Taeng replies awkwardly, unsure if those were the right words to say.

Tiffany lies back on her bed, “I suppose.”

A brief silence was hanging in the air; Tiffany wasn’t sure what to say.

“I don’t like the way he’s been treating you,” Taeng says darkly.

 Tiffany eyes’ widen, “What?”

 “You don’t deserve that, he shouldn’t be treating you like that,” Taeng explains, anger coursing through his body.

Tiffany senses the worry and anger in the latter’s tone, she couldn’t help but smile of how protective Taeng was being of her. She always felt protected whenever she heard his voice and was in his arms. She couldn’t explain why, everything at the moment was confusing to her.

 “I’ll be okay,” Tiffany reassures while smiling, “I think I’m going to talk to him.”

 “Good and if he ever treats you badly again you better tell me,” Taeng says with seriousness.

Tiffany smiles even wider, “Okay. Thank you Tae…I’m glad I was able to talk to you about this.”

 Taeng smiles, “Of course, I’ll always be here if you need to talk.”

Tiffany felt better after talking with Taeng, she wasn’t sure if she should truly talk to Donghae but knowing that Taeng was trying to help her out made her heart flutter.

“I’ll let you go now, you’re probably tired of hearing me complain,” Tiffany lightly jokes, she didn’t want to say goodbye but she felt as if she burdened Taeng enough.

Taeng chuckles, “I’m never tired of hearing you complain.”

Tiffany laughs, “Thanks again Taeng. See you tomorrow.”

 “See you. I hope everything goes well,” Taeng replies, trying to sound cheerful.

“Thanks, bye Tae.”

 “See you Fany-ah.”

Tiffany hangs up, smiling to herself as she sets her phone down.

She had a feeling everything was going to be okay.

“You really are a good friend,” Jessica says to Taeng as he sets his phone down.

Taeng smiles at his girlfriend, “Am I?”

The latter nods, leaning against his chest, “You’re a great listener.”

Taeng smiles, wrapping his arms around his girlfriend, “Thanks. I try my best.”

Jessica chuckles, “And you succeed.”

Taeng gazes at Jessica, a vision of Yul flashes through his mind, his smile slowly fades away.

“I thought you knew I like Jessica…”

Taeng starts to feel hurt again hearing Yul’s voice echo through his mind, it’s been the only thing bothering him; he couldn’t erase it from his mind.

Jessica gazes at him and frowns, “What’s wrong

Taeng bites his bottom lip, “I don’t know if I should tell you…”

 Jessica leans up from him and stares, “What do you mean?”

 Taeng sighs, “It’s about Yul…”

“Tell me,” Jessica says softly but sternly, her eyes kept on Taeng.

Taeng gazes at her hands, “Did you know Yul likes you?” He asks softly.

Jessica’s eyes widen, “What?”

“He likes you Jessica…He’s always liked you.”

Jessica bites her bottom lip after hearing the news from her boyfriend, a sudden array of mixed emotions surge through her body.

“I had no idea…” Jessica confesses, hanging her head.

Taeng chuckles bitterly, “Yeah same here.”

 “Was he mad?” Jessica asks, looking at Taeng.

 Taeng shakes his head slowly, “He told me to leave him alone for a while…”

 Jessica’s face falls, “I’m sorry…”

 Taeng chuckles bitterly again, “I had to tell you. You’re my girlfriend and Yul is one of my best friends...”

Jessica cups his face, “I know. I’m actually glad you told me.”

 Taeng stares deeply into her eyes, “Do you have feelings for him?”

 Jessica doesn’t reply quickly, she stares affectionately in her boyfriend’s eyes. Taeng cringes, starting to feel hurt his girlfriend wasn’t replying so hastily.

Jessica warmly smiles; kissing Taeng’s lips softly, “I like you Taeng. Only you.”

Taeng’s heart flutters, his stomach grows light and a smile forms on his face. He couldn’t hold in how happy he was to hear those words.

He kisses Jessica again, “You really are a keeper Jessica.”

“Thank you,” She says happily.

The two rests in silence for a brief moment, the couple thinking about Yul, their smiles slowly fading away.

The latter looks at him with concern, “But…what about Yul?”

Taeng sighs, “I don’t know…He promised me we’ll still be friends…”

“Yul’s one of my best friends…I can’t bear to lose him as a friend…” Jessica says sadly.

Taeng hugs her comfortingly, “Hey it’ll be okay.”

“I hope…” Jessica replies softly.

Taeng hugs her tightly, “Like Yoona told me, we need to give him space; it’ll help clear his head.”

Jessica nods, burying her head against his chest.

Taeng sighs, protectively holding Jessica in his arms.

I’m glad you’re mine Jessica but at the same time I can’t help but wonder if you would be happier with Yul.