You're Mine Now

Blind

 

I really appreciate all of you readers and your great comments! It means a lot to a first time writer! :D

Taeng quickly makes his way to school, excusing himself through the bustling halls of the school. His mind was set.

I can’t believe it took me a month to realize…

He enters the doors to his homeroom, scanning the room and sees that his group of friends gathered around.

“Taeng!” Yoona says happily, jogging to him.

 “Hey Yoona,” Taeng replies coolly, sending off a warm smile.

“Guess what,” Yoona says excitedly, grinning from ear to ear.

 Taeng’s eyes widen, “You and Seohyun…?”

 “She’s officially mine,” Yoona finishes happily, looking over to his girlfriend.

 Taeng happily applauses, congratulating the latter by patting his back, “That’s great man! I’m happy for you! About time.”

 The latter laughs, “Tell me about it. We went out for dinner then walked at a park and that’s when I asked her to be mine.”

 Taeng smiles, “I’m happy for you.”

 Yoona smiles, patting his back before gesturing him to join the group.

“Morning Taeng!” Sooyoung greets happily, looking at him.

Taeng smiles, “Good morning everyone.”

Tiffany gazes at him; she wasn’t sure how to feel. After their talk yesterday, she couldn’t stop thinking about him. A burning feeling sears her as he watches Taeng look at Jessica, a warm smile on his face.

 The way he looks at her…

Tiffany grows uneasy but at the same time she questions herself.

 Why am I feeling this? Taeng’s my best friend…If he’s happy with Jessica then I should be happy too right?

“Hey Fany-ah” Taeng greets his friend, snapping the latter out of her thoughts.

She looks at him and smiles, “Hi Tae.”

“It’s about time!” Hyoyeon calls out, pointing at Seohyun and Yoona.

Seohyun blushes, “Aish, stop.”

 Hyoyeon chuckles, “I was getting tired of being your love guru.”

 Yoona shakes his head and laughs, “Thanks Hyoyeon. You know, for everything.”

 Hyoyeon grins, giving them a thumb up before trotting off to Sooyoung and Sunny. Taeng averts his eyes to Jessica who was being unusually quiet.

 “Hey Jessica,” He greets cheerfully, taking his seat and looking at her admiringly.

 Jessica looks at him and smiles, “Hey Taeng.”

“Are you okay?” Taeng asks, tilting his head in a cute manner.

 Jessica chuckles, “I’m fine why?”

“You just seem…a bit off,” Taeng replies worriedly.

Jessica touches his hand affectionately, “I’m okay. Thanks for worrying about me.”

Taeng’s heart melts under her touch, his eyes soften and his heart skips a beat.

 “Of course. I have to make sure you’re okay,” Taeng says sincerely, staring at their hands.

 Jessica smiles warmly, “Thanks Taengoo.”

 Tiffany takes a deep breath, controlling her emotions and lays her head on the desk.

Why do I get so mad seeing those two act so…affectionate?

As she watches the two interact with each other her phone beeps, indicating a text message. She pulls her phone; Donghae’s name was glowing on the screen.

 “Hey baby, I won’t be at practice again after school.”

 “Okay, be safe,” She replies, sending the message before stuffing away her phone.

 She keeps her head down; she didn’t want to watch the two in front of her anymore. Her stomach starts to burn, a stabbing feeling in her gut. She slowly closes her eyes, blocking out the voices around the room and allowing herself to find peace.

 “So…what do you say?” Taeng asks nervously, fidgeting with his hands.

 Jessica tilts her head and blushes, “Okay.”

 Taeng smiles, his body was settling with an excited yet nervous feeling. He was trying not to break a sweat in front of the latter.

 “Cool, I’ll pick you up at your house,” Taeng confirms, keeping his cool.

Jessica nods, “Okay.”

 Taeng takes a deep breath, containing his happiness on the inside; all he wanted to do was scream victory.

A smile was kept on his face the whole school day.

 Once the bell dismisses school, Taeng makes his way to the locker room to change for basketball. To his surprise, Donghae wasn’t here; he was expecting to hear a snide comment.

 Two days in a row without Donghae? Life is getting better.

“Hey Taeng,” Yul greets happily, opening his locker.

“Hey Yul,” Taeng replies cheerfully.

 “You’re in a good mood,” Yul teases, taking out his practice clothes.

 “It’s going to be a good day,” Taeng says in a chipper mood.

Yul chuckles, “Why?”

Taeng looks at the latter as he opens his locker, “Well, let’s just say I’m going to have a girlfriend soon,” Taeng says confidently, taking off his shirt.

Yul’s eyes widen in shock, “Girlfriend? Whoa, where have I been?”

Taeng chuckles, “Sorry man, I haven’t been keeping you in the loop. But then again…Yoona doesn’t know either.”

Yul smiles, “Ah who is the lucky lady?”

 Taeng pulls over his shirt, smiling goofily at the ground, “Don’t tell anyone else okay? I want to wait until its official.”

Yul chuckles, nodding his head “Okay okay.”

Taeng bites his bottom lip, “Jessica.”

 Yul’s smile dissipates; his cheerful mood changes into a dark one.

 “Jessica? As in…our Jessica?” Yul hesitantly asks.

 Taeng happily nods, “Yeah.”

Yul holds in his breath, his heart completely shatters hearing the confident tone in Taeng’s voice. Yul doesn’t say anymore, anger was rising through his body. He finishes changing, tosses in stuff in his locker and angrily slams it shut. Taeng flinches seeing the latter’s sudden change of character and mood.

 “Yul are you okay?” He asks worriedly.

Yul doesn’t reply; he storms out the locker room without saying a word to him. Taeng scratches the back of his head, confused and worried of his friend’s actions.

“Aish, did I say something?” Taeng asks himself, stuffing his belongings in his locker before meeting up with his team in the gym. He looks over and sees Yul sitting on the bench.

He jogs over to him, “Yul are you okay?”

 The latter doesn’t reply; he doesn’t even look at him his eyes were giving off a dark glow.

Taeng takes a seat next to him, “Did I say something wrong?”

Yul shakes his head, holding back his emotions “Just…leave me alone.”

He stands up, walking away from Taeng with his head hung low.

 Taeng’s face falls, “Yul…”

Practice passes by with Yul ignoring Taeng. Taeng would try to strike talk with him but it always leads to Yul walking away. Taeng felt hurt seeing his friend reject him and ignore him. He wanted to know the reason behind his action.

 After practice he tried to talk to Yul but he immediately left without saying a word. Taeng sighs, taking his shower and changing into his casual clothes. His mood was slightly ruined by his friend. He exits the locker room and notices Tiffany sitting on the bench.

“Oh Fany-ah,” He says with surprise, running his hand through his hair.

Tiffany smiles, standing up from the bench “Hey Tae.”

“Donghae wasn’t at practice again-”

 “I know,” Tiffany cuts him off softly; “I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out again.”

 Taeng was taken aback hearing the latter’s words, his heart skips a beat and his stomach flips upside down.

 “Ah, sorry Fany-ah…I already made plans with Jessica,” Taeng says softly, biting his bottom lip.

Tiffany’s smile fades away; an aching feeling stabs her heart. She looks down at the white floor; preventing her tears from falling.

“Oh I see…” Tiffany replies, disappointment in her tone.

Taeng walks over to her and gently hugs her, “I’m sorry Fany-ah. We can hang out next time okay?”

Tiffany slowly nods her head against his chest. Her heart skips a beat, enjoying the comfort she was feeling in his arms; she felt protected.

Taeng pulls her out of the hug, his arms on her shoulder as he looks at the latter affectionately, “I’ll see you later okay Fany-ah?”

 Tiffany forces a smile, “Okay. Have fun with Jessica.”

 Taeng smiles warmly, “Thanks.”

He smiles one last time to her before exiting through the double doors.

 You lost your chance Fany-ah.

Don’t leave me Tae…

Taeng makes a quick stop at his house to drop off his things; he looks over and sees his parents watching TV on the couch.

“Hello appa and umma,” Taeng greets, bowing to his parents.

 “Oh Taeng,” His mother says softly, smiling warmly at him.

“Hey Taeng,” His dad greets, his eyes still on the screen.

 “I’m going out tonight okay? I’ll be back soon,” Taeng says calmly, checking himself out on the mirror and fixing his hair.

 “Okay, be safe,” His mother says kindly, sending off another warm smile.

 “Okay, I’ll see you guys soon,” Taeng waves off, smiling at his parents before heading over to Jessica’s house.

 Nerves were building up in his stomach, sweat was developing on his forehead as he approaches Jessica’s front door. He takes a deep breath, calming himself down before he rings the doorbell.

Krystal opens the door; she softly smiles “Hey Taeng.”

 Taeng smiles, “Hey Krystal.”

Krystal faces inside her house, “Jessica unnie! Taeng’s here!”

“Okay! I’ll be down in a minute!” Taeng hears from inside.

 “How are you?” Taeng asks the young latter, wanting to engage in conversation.

 “Good, have you been treating my unnie well?” Krystal asks with seriousness.

 Taeng chuckles, “Of course.”

 Krystal firmly nods, “Good. You’ve been hanging out with her a lot; I have to make sure my unnie is hanging out with a good guy.”

 Taeng laughs and admires how protective Krystal was of her older sister. He gently smiles, “You can trust me.”

 Krystal raises her eyebrow, “We’ll see about that.”

Jessica appears at the doorway, happily smiling at Taeng as she adjusts her top.

 “Okay let’s go,” Jessica says cheerfully, stepping outside.

She turns and looks at her younger sibling, “Be good okay? Make sure to lock the door-”

“Bye!” Krystal cuts off her sister by closing the door, smiling at her before doing such action.

 Jessica sighs but chuckles, shaking her head as she and Taeng begin walking.

“Your sister really is something,” Taeng says, chuckling.

 Jessica laughs, “I think she has brain problems.”

Taeng smiles, walking alongside the latter in silence. His heart was beating with a steady beat, butterflies were flying in his stomach, and his head felt light. They make their way into the restaurant, sliding in the corner booth as the waiter hands them their menu.

 “Get whatever you want,” Taeng says smoothly, earning a laugh from the latter.

“Ew, don’t talk like that,” Jessica says through her laughs.

Taeng chuckles, “Made you laugh though.”

 Jessica sticks her tongue out, gazing her eyes on the yellow menu but often steals glances to look at Taeng. They place their order; Taeng takes a sip of water and stares at Jessica.

“What?” She asks awkwardly, seeing the latter staring at her.

 “We’re going to take a walk after dinner,” Taeng states, an affectionate smile on his face.

Jessica’s eyebrows rise up in curiosity, “Okay?”

Taeng chuckles, “Why that tone?”

“I don’t know. I just figured we always go for a walk after dinner,” Jessica replies coolly, smirking at Taeng.

Taeng shakes his head, “Well yeah. But….it’s going to be slightly different.”

 Jessica tilts her head sideways, “What?”

 Taeng smiles affectionately, “You’ll see.”

 Jessica didn’t bother to ask another question. She was going to let anticipation get the best of her. Taeng smiles, chuckling to himself, as the food was being placed in front of them he kept his eyes on Jessica.

As they finish eating their meals, Taeng pays the bill and they exit the restaurant.

 “Where are we going?” Jessica asks, gazing at him.

Taeng smiles, “Just follow my lead.”

 Jessica confusingly nods her head, unsure of what Taeng’s plans were; she follows closely next to Taeng. Taeng holds in his breath, looking at the latter, he boldly takes her hand in his. Jessica flinches back, looking at their locked hands; her heart skips a beat. Jessica’s stomach grows butterflies, enjoying the comfort of Taeng’s warm hand.

Taeng smiles, containing how excited he was on the inside. He leads her to the ledges, his hand holding hers; he pulls her down gently to take a seat next to him.

“Jessica…” He says softly, gazing at their hands.

 “Yes?” Jessica replies, looking at him with soft eyes.

 “I’ve come to a conclusion…” Taeng states, trailing off into silence again.

“Conclusion?”

 “Jessica, I really like you. I’ve always liked you,” Taeng sighs, “I think about you every day, thinking of how thoughtful and patient you were with my ignorant feelings…”

 Jessica remains quiet, her heart pumping to the max.

“But I understand them now…” Taeng says happily, “I understand that…” He looks at Jessica with loving eyes, “I want you to be mine.”

Jessica smiles, her heart bursting in pure joy and hear mind boggling with happiness.

“Taeng…” Jessica says through her smile, “Do you mean it?”

Taeng takes her hands into his, “I mean every word. I like you Jessica.”

 “Say it again,” Jessica says softly, smiling.

 Taeng smiles, caressing her cheek “I like you Jessica. Will you please be my girlfriend?”

Jessica sighs of happiness, “Yes…”

Taeng grins, his heart bursts into fireworks of happiness.

My feelings for you are true Jessica.

Taeng stares into his girlfriend’s eyes lovingly, smiling warmly at her as she does the same to him. He slowly leans in and closes his eyes, placing his hand on Jessica’s cheek. His soft lips touch hers and they share a passionate kiss. Fireworks explode, the world grows still and their stomachs feel like pillows.

Taeng opens his eyes, his face still close to Jessica; he smiles affectionately.

“You’re mine now,” He whispers to her, taking the opportunity to kiss his girlfriend again.