Stained Glasses

Reason Enough

Chapter 8

Stained Glasses

It was three days before the engagement when he arrived. Dara is her usual sunny self when he came to visit her.

"Hey, you're back!" she greets

"Miss me?" he teased

"I was more hoping you wouldn't come!" she laughs

"Hey...I don't think that's the proper way to greet your fiancé`...” he teased back

"Whatever... so, how was your trip?" she asked

"Fine." he smiled

"Your parents?" she asked again

"Great, by the way, my Mom says, I should kiss you for her..." he said as he grabbed her by the waist.

"Oh no, you won't" she laughs as she tried to struggle out of his hold.

"Would you like to go sailing?" he asked tentatively

"Now?" she asked still holding on to his arms.

"Yes, now." he replied

"Sure. Let me just grab my bag." she slipped out of his reach and ran up.

The wind was blowing hard when they arrived at the wharf. Dark clouds cover the afternoon sun. They were already sitting by the fireplace with a mug of tea and coffee when the large raindrops fell.

"We better wait it out here for a while until the rain stops." Jiyong said

"It sure looks dark out there. You didn't plan for this, did you" she replied back accusingly "I'll call Mom."

"I better prepare dinner then. What do you want?" he asked

"What do you have there?"

"Let me check. The caretaker always makes sure that we have ample provisions whenever we are here."

"You come here often?" she asks

"Not as often as I would like." he opens the freezer. "But my brother camps here every now and then, he's currently anchored somewhere.”

She stood and moved near the stained glass window. "ta..ta..ta" Jiyong heard her say, she seem to be suspended in her own little world, then there it was again, he tried to deny it himself but it was just too evident..that small smile that crept at the corner of her lips...her eyes that shines so bright..."damn.." he breathes. The girl is in love...and not with him. It was a short while after, did she turn to join Jiyong at the kitchen. She was still wearing that nasty grin on her face that seem to burn holes into his heart. He tried to concentrate on what he was doing instead.

"Fish or chicken." he asked from between the freezer door.

"Fish." she replied taking the seat opposite him by the counter.

"Me or Youngbae." he added

"Hey!!!' she protested "Where did that come from?"

"The cookie jar." he smiled

"Funny...really funny." she pouted

"You called him, right? You called him right after you called your Mom and right before Seungri." he said "Just like always..." he added

“I call a lot of people.” She shrugged, as she grabbed a bag of chips on the table.

“You never call me.” He was looking at her.

She groaned. "I think you are threading on dangerous grounds." she warned

"Please, I need to know." he said firmly

"He never asked." she replied then turned to watch the rain on the glass window. It was raining heavily, harsh winds, cold...nipping.

"What if he did?"

"I'm bound to marry someone else." she replied "...by the way" she said with a glint on her eyes "while you were away did you see anybody special?"

"nope.."

"awww, come on... did you see her?" she asked

He raised an eyebrow. "Who?" he asked

"Audrie." she stated matter-of-factly

"Wait... how did you know about her?" he asked taking few long strides to stand right next to her.

"Ahhhh... from friends." she answered "...so did you?" she pressed

"Did I what?" he asked defensively

"Tell her... about me." she said

"She doesn't need to know anything...She's only a friend." he replied

"Well, Seungri and Youngbae knows about us." she retort

" I don't think they fit the friends -only category."

"aaahhhhh... right... But for a friend you seem to shroud her with too much privacy. I couldn't even get a picture."

"What for?"

"I want to see the next face of Park Inc. You lobbied for her didn't you?"

"So, you've heard. I was hoping I could keep you to myself after the wedding that I suggested to get somebody else for the new campaign." he explained.

"And you levied the grounds for her."

"I'm only doing a friend a favor."

"Maybe.." she shrugged. "Why don't you marry her?"

"I am marrying you." he said firmly.

"So am I." she blinked... twice.