Bombshells

Reason Enough

 

Chapter 39

Bombshells

 

 

 

“You mother ers had the guts to demand for an apology.” She swung her arm and stuck the gum on Kiko’s hair. “You just made this personal.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

“Damn you Park Bom!”

 

Bom hit her on the jaw with an upper hand. “No.  Damn.  You. Your sister thought herself clever when she marched up to the old man Park and demand an apology for what happened to you. Endangering the life of the contract model you say” She slapped her with a heavy back hand “ I wonder if your sister was aware of the danger she was in the minute she stepped on the platform of Park Industries.” She held on the leg exposed above the cast “I could have had caused her more damage, she would never be able to speak of."

 

And pressed “…She could have fallen off the ledge, run-over by a truck or simply shot.”Kiko started thrashing.

 

“Noona!” Jiyong tried to shift on his bed, the pain killers were making him bleary. “Stop it please.” He shoved the contents of the folder to his bed. He saw pictures and some documents. He couldn’t focus not with the commotion in front of him.

 

“Yuka-chan was very lucky, Uncle was in the building. I found my favorite noona with a sniper pistol.”

 

“Don’t worry. Uncle is going to apologize on my behalf anyway.” Bom effectively grabbed the hand that tried to claw her.

 

“She writhes well. Was she also a good blow Ji?” Park Bom scoffed.  “I hope she was.  I hope she was worth losing everything you fought hard to have.”

 

Seungri grabbed the remote control and turned the TV on. “Today’s Exclusive.”  “We did not come to cause further harm.”  Seungri went to free the model from Bommie’s claw. “We only wanted your consent.” He handed him a pen. 

 

“Wait…” Jiyong rasped as he looked at the pictures before him. “This isn’t what you think it is.”

 

“I am not here to pass judgment, hyung.  I am here to get your signature.  The Mizuhara’s left an ultimatum. They wanted to see Dara noona make an apology today but since we all know that is not going to happen” Seungri eyed Kiko Mizuhara, “they wanted Uncle to issue the apology and publicly condemn noona for what she had done.”

 

“Or they will tell the world of how Uncle abandoned his son only to marry his barren wife and care for somebody else’s child.” Bom’s eyes narrowed.

“The family honestly doesn’t care, we can always tell the truth. But is your family ready to handle the sordid details? They will not only feast on us, but the people will feast on your mother as well. Mrs. Elizabeth Kang is not the lovely, refined woman you all portrayed her to be.” Bom turned her body to look at Daesung. “They will pull your mother into the mud.”

 

“They wouldn’t.” He stared at the model then at his brother in denial.

 

“Oh they will, Yuka made it very clear.” Seungri looked at him in sympathy. “We drove Uncle at the venue of the presscon half an hour ago. In exchange Dara-noona wants Jiyong hyung to release his claims on his children. All of his children”

 

“I am not going to sign this.” Jiyong scrambled out of his bed “ Dae, we need a lawyer, then call mother. Where is Sandara?!”, unmindful of bruises made a move to pull his drip.

 

“Don’t waste your time Jiyong.  The clock says tick tock.” Bom held his shoulder. “Your decision may just prove how fatal certain decisions can be.” She winked at Kiko.

 

“Where is Yuka?” the model shrieks as the implication dawned on her.

 

“Your sister and I are playing a different game Audrie-ssi . I suggest you focus on your own welfare.”

 

“Watch Jiyong, watch the consequence of your action.” She pointed at the screen.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

 

Jiyong drove straight to where he thought he would find the mother of his child.  He shook himself. He had a child all this time, raised by the very woman he wanted to be the mother of his children. I f not because of Sandara, would Kiko have kept the child?  If she told him would he have stayed and married her? Kwon Jiyong took a greedy breathe and steadied himself.  It is time he finds out for himself.

 

The chime sounded three times before the Japanese model opened the door in a rush. She was pale and fresh tears stain her eyes.

 

“Jiyong.” And the woman started crying.  It was a sight that can break a man’s heart. Kiko the rebellious and vibrant woman of his past is broken. He took a step forward and engulfed her in his arms. He barely saw her cry.  She would always bravely face the pitchforks of her audience with a smile. They can never hurt me she would say. They have no power over me.

 

And yet here she is crying. Jiyong held her closer. It was a good long time before her regained herself. 

 

“I was told today that I have a daughter. “ he said his hand rubbing circles on her back.  He felt her nod. “Why did you not tell me?”

 

“You didn’t want children.”

 

“So you went daddy hunting immediately after you knew?” he asked.

 

“I was alone. I was pregnant and Seunghyun was easy.” She sounded defensive.

 

“You knew he was getting married?”

 

“To the reason  you didn’t want to marry me or anyone else. I call it even.”

 

“Kiks..”

 

“Maybe we should get some dinner. We haven’t had dinner for a while, not since you got married.” She sniffed as she pushed herself on her feet.

 

 “You do know we can’t avoid this talk, don’t you?” he added gravely.

 

“We both can think well once we have eaten. I know I do.”  She forced a laugh.  “You’re brother and Bom had me on my toes the entire time.”

 

“I can’t stay.  I kind of just sneaked out.” He refused.  The thought of his wife at home crying drove a wedge in his heart.

 

She turned to him. “What?! You’re afraid of Sandara  Park now?”

 

Jiyong laughed.  Kiko knew him very very well. He was pretty fearless up until he had gotten her to marry him. It was like walking on thin ice. He never felt like quite himself. He is worried. He drew in a deep breath.

 

“Dinner then.”

 

The dinner was quiet and peaceful.  Jiyong opted to accept everything.  Kiko may have been wrong on so many accounts but she managed to bring his daughter in to this world, surrounded by people who truly love her. Kiko handed him a drink and moved closer, she is smiling, a picture of vibrancy and fun. He pulled her to him and gave her a kiss.  He heard his phone ring.  It was Sandara.

 

 At that moment, he knew to give the time to Kiko. Sandara doesn’t deserve to share his time with anyone. He is hers.  But he wanted to give the woman in his arms a chance to make amends.  He slid the pad of his fingers on the screen. The call ended.

 

He watched in horror as the apple knocked Kiko out of his arms and the look of absolute revulsion in his wife’s eyes.

 

“I love you" she mouthed. I love you and yet he felt like his own heart was blown into pieces.

 

 

A/N:  Thank you everyone for reading.  :)  Thank you for subscribing and please do not forget to leave your comments. Uncle Ben here is the original Uncle Ben in my story.  The old man looks a lot like his son so please do not confuse him or picture him in anyway like the other Ben :) It kind of dawned on me when I was writing this and I kept on reading the rants of the guy on twitter.  Imagine my surprise, they have the same name!!! hahahahhah

Wishing everyone good health.  Keep yourself properly warm. I am down with a flu so I know how miserable it feels if your coming down with something.

Hugs!