Flaming Dormant Fires

Reason Enough

Chapter 11

Flaming Dormant Fires

Mrs. Park saw everything from where she was seated. The way Sandara's hands clench, how Seungri was trying to pacify her anger and the all too dangerously short distance between these two women and the tension that is slowly building up. Showing up after all these years is simply fanning dormant fires. She uttered a silent prayer seeing he joined this small battery.

Four pairs of eyes are now looking at him.

"Bae" Kiko tried to say obviously agitated.

Dara hissed.

" My brother is not here." Youngbae replied rather grimly. "Why don't we continue this discussion elsewhere? What do you think, Seungri? I'm sure, Jiyong has a lot of questions that needs to be addressed tonight."

"My sentiments exactly." came a voice. Mrs. Park is now standing just a couple of feet from Youngbae. "I'm sure the library is very much suitable for such a discussion, don't you think, Ama." she appeared to be speaking with the woman right next to her. Dara was staring at Ama in shock, the lovable middle-aged woman of the Choi household is back, "Ama..." she muttered almost in panic. Her mind in over-drive, she wanted to scream, hug and interrogate her at once. She saw a small smile crept through the older woman's lips and gave her a nod. "Now, if you'll follow me..."then the lady of the house led the pack towards the house.

Mrs. Park is standing at the farthest end of the huge oak table, looking rather grim. Her eyes alternately darts from one person to another. " Sit down, all of you." she commanded " It's a good thing that everybody seem to be occupied with the party to even notice your little charade." She said matter-of-factly.  “You, young lady. I didn't expect to see you here. It may seem to be a very brave act showing yourself at a time like this...but let me tell you this. It was thoughtless. " She then turned to face her daughter, "Now is not the time to hate honey, settle this  peacefully." and with that Mrs. Park left the room followed by Ama.

They can’t leave. She wanted to grab the latter’s hand. “Seunghyun.” She whispered.

"Now will you tell me what was that all about?" Jiyong snapped at Dara. "Bite me.!" she snapped back glaring.

"Kiko is my friend, can't you at least be civil?"

"You should be thankful her limbs are still in order." she smirked

"What did she ever do to you anyway?"

"Oh a lot! Why don't you tell him, Audrie Kiko?" she wanted to gag.

"It's complicated." Kiko finally admitted

"Try me." He challenged "Who's Angela?"

" She's my daughter." Kiko replied

"Ha!" Dara snorted

"Kiko." Seungri warned

"What?!" Kiko screamed back. " You can't stop me from saying anything just because your resident brat here can't stand it."

"That's bull! And you know it. You were never a mother to her." Dara shot

Everybody was so thankful that Seungri was still holding her arms firmly; otherwise she would have dragged the other woman by the hair.

"I gave birth to her, Dara." she retort

"And that's the only thing you ever did for her.” Dara spat

Kiko winced. "Still, I gave birth to her."

“At the expense of my engagement!” She roared. “You never wanted that child! I was there when you left him, when you left her, when you walked out the door and out of their lives. Now let me see you get out of this room." she said gravely.

"Tell me, Dara. Why do you hate me so much? Is it because of Seunghyun,? Is it because he loved me more or is it because of his brother?" Kiko asked looking straight unto Dara's eyes.

She in turn freed herself from Seungri's grasp. She took 5 long steps to face the woman she detests for so long. She tried to stop her hand from shooting up and lashing on her beautiful face, she was doing her best damn it. She was shaking.

"No." she replied

"What?"

"I don't hate you because Seunghyun loved you. And neither was it because of Youngbae." and with that she turned to leave the room but stopped half-way just within arms distance from Jiyong. She snatched the hand blown glass ornament at the console and swung it right across the room.

"...Crash..."

It shattered like the dreams she had a long time ago.

"I hate you so much... because you broke the heart of everybody who loved me. Everybody!"

...and she now hates her more for making her cry over some things she would rather forget.

~~~~~~~~~~
Seungri followed Dara out of the room, giving Kiko nothing more than a sharp look.

"Show's over. I think, it’s time for you to leave." Youngbae said gravely.

"I..."She protests

"Save it. You've caused enough trouble."

"I didn't..."again she tried to explain.

"Not this time. Dara is obviously upset. You know she can be very territorial and currently you're threatening her turf. I may not be able to guarantee your safety."

"Still taking her side, huh?"

"I believe you know the answer to that question."He replied.

 

 

*********************

 

 

"Here." Seungri hands her a pill and a glass of water.

She took the glass," I'm fine."

"No. Take it. You need to rest."

"I'm tired." she cried

Knock! Knock!

"Sorry to interrupt." the lady said

"Ama!" Dara jumped. Her tears are falling freely again. No matter how much she tries to stop them, she just ends in sobs.

"Now young lady, I believe you weren't much of a cry baby when I left you." the lady teased.

Seungri then bowed and gave Dara a peck before leaving the two women alone.

"When your mother told me about this engagement, I was both happy and sad. Finally, you've agreed to settle down though not exactly at the terms I thought you'd adhere to but still you are moving on. You are all grow-up and you've mellowed too."

"Ama..." she said again.

"My child,I'm beginning to tire hearing my name." Ama chuckled as she cup Dara's tear-stricken face.

“Seunghyun! Is he with you? Is he here?” she dropped her voice a little. It was still laden with hiccups but she doesn’t care “ Is Seunghyun here?”

“And I thought you were excited to see me.” The lady laughed and brushes her hair to the sides. She was smiling indulgently.  “ Tell me honey, how are you really?"

"A total mess." was her reply

"I saw you earlier tonight, looking so strong and happy. Don't let her ruin everything." she soothes.

"Where is he, Ama? Where is Tabi" she cried tittering.

"In your heart, my child. Do you miss him?"

Dara nodded.

"He misses you too… terribly. Now, try to sleep first and things will be a lot better in the morning. Here, let me help you off that dress."

 

 

*****************************

 

 

Seungri was just in time to catch all three rose from their seats. And the second their eyes met, he said " She's with Ama."

Youngbae nodded in approval then said," I'm sending her home." referring to Kiko.

"no need." Jiyong objected. " I'll take care of her."

"Why don't you both stay while I send her home myself. I believe you need to straighten so many things." Seungri volunteered.

 

 

************************

 

 

"Tokki.." She saw him enter closing the door with a soft thud.

“What do you want?” she snapped

“I thought you wanted to see me.” He shrugged. He handed her a bright orange rose and settled a box of cinnamon on the table.

“I am not particularly hungry.”

“We can always eat later if you want.  Would-be mothers should never starve themselves.” He moved in to kiss her on the forehead

She wrinkled her nose. “I’m not really fond of you, you do know that don’t you?” she watched him kiss each finger slowly

“Of course.” He whispered planting a wet kiss on her lips… and another. “I never really liked you either.”

She wanted to hold him closer but can’t.  The smell of the roses and his aftershave is making her heart ache.

“I can make you feel better .” He ran his fingers through her hair playing at the soft tendrils that fall below her neck just above her collarbone.  

“Promise, I won’t tell. “  he wriggled his brows

 

 

Laughter was her last memories of it then everything else seem to fade...then a cry that of a child...she heard some footsteps...running... farther. She tried to scream but was greeted by total darkness instead. She tried to rise. With eyes half-closed she tried to her way up.


"one, two, three…" she counts her steps while trying to support her balance with her hands." turn right.." she instructed herself
Blag! she stumbles. “Light...light.." now crawling . She moves her hand frantically from left to right trying to find her way out.

The sound of water fills her senses both warm and intoxicating. She lowered herself unto the warm bath. "Tabi." her mind says. The bath smells of lavender and magnolia of pain and of bliss that she wanted to both laugh and cry.

"help me..." she pleads even though the water has reached her chin, she still feels empty inside.

"please." she prayed slowly closing her eyes in surrender.

 

 

A/N : How's everyone?  I hope you guys are ok  and hopefully enjoyed this update.  Did I confuse anyone? Feel free to leave a note.