Bitter Sweets

Reason Enough

Chapter 10

Bitter Sweets

Involuntarily, her right arm rose and reached for his shoulder her hands caressing the back of his neck slowly tracing circles, her left  arm on his right.

"Stop! Stop!" her mind cried. "Tell him to stop!"

But somehow, she felt too weak to verbalize her protest much less to push him way. To her surprise, his kisses remind her of a bright summers, cool breeze and strawberries. A soft  tug and a …

"hmmmm..."she moans. Summer so hot she felt her skin prickle, and right at that precise moment she felt a gust of cold air pass and touch her softly that she shivered. Jiyong pulled her closer towards him. He was remotely aware of the eyes that are staring at them, and heck, he doesn't care. He just wanted to continue...continue kissing her lips that taste of raspberry and violet.

"wooaahh..." he whispered breathlessly the minute their lips parted.

She lifted the back of her palm to her lips to cover her embarrassment.

"Stupid." she berated herself. She felt so stupid seeing her parents looking at them from one of the tables up front. She groaned inwardly seeing Seungri standing just a few meters away from them, his face expressionless. Instinctively, she buried her face in Jiyong's chest.

"Aargh.." he heard.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked in her hair. She just shook her head vigorously. Seeing that she is fully flushed, he whispered "I think Seungri just saw us."

"I..I..nooo.." she groans her hand trying to push him lightly.

"no...You don’t…" he teased holding her even tighter.

"hahaha..." came a soft lilting laugh and just like that she froze, as if an iron hand clutched her heart digging her claws within, she can't believe it's bleeding again...old wounds lay open. The voice is all too familiar, like some old nightmare out to haunt her... once again.

"What are you doing here?" she asked rather sharply disentangling herself from Jiyong.

"Tsk..tsk..is that the proper way to greet an old friend, Sandara?" the woman answered

"I don't remember us being friends, Kiko." she replied icily taking two threatening steps forward.

"My,my, we still have a mighty temper, don't we, Santokki? The woman  smiled weakly. "Come on, it's been five years, can't you at least forget about it?"

 

Five years...five long years…why can't she just forget her...forget him being with her...forget that stupid summer she spend in Malaysia crying...and the moment she decided to come home crying still.

"No. Can you?" she retort

Kiko simply smiled at her. "I came here to congratulate you, Tokki. I never really thought I'd see the day, you're getting married, finally you are moving on."

"And I do not remember ever inviting you." Dara spat obviously exasperated

"Tokki..." Kiko said rather firmly

"Goodness, woman. Stop calling me Tokki...you've long forfeited the right to call me that." she glared ready to pounce on her.

"I invited her, Dara" the voice said gravely. And that was the last thing she needed to hear.

"Hi Jiyong." Kiko waved at him, as if being there and exchanging venom with Dara was the most natural thing.

"I'm sorry about that. . . My fiancée can be a little too brash sometimes." he apologized taking her hand and giving it a kiss.

"oh please..." Dara said with sarcasm.

"Kiko is a friend." he informed her.

"oh really now? What a small world...cramped in fact." she remarked "So did you guys ever had the opportunity to sleep together?" Dara attacked

"Sandara!" Jiyong shot sharply.

"Yes?" she raised an eyebrow

 

 

Seungri had been looking at them for some time now. From the minute he walked off the stage, grabbed her and gave her a kiss. He would have smiled at Dara when she caught him staring. But seeing that woman in light green dress approach makes everything so damn humorless. If only he can have his way, he'd rather let Jiyong clean this mess -- let him have a taste of Sandara's wrath, if only. He then casually moved towards them, for everybody's sake he needs to keep her temper in check.

"Noona...I have wanted to talk to you." Seungri said

He then laid both hands on her bare shoulders and leaned in."Breathe...slowly." he whispered. Only then did Dara realize that she had held her breath too long.

He then stared at the people in front of him.

"Seungri.." Kiko gasp surprised.

"Hello Kiko." he nodded. Seeing Dara's clenched fist he ran his hand from her shoulder down to her palm and brought it to his lips. He turned to Jiyong,

"Excuse us."

They only had taken quite a few steps when Kiko called, "Dara!"

She stopped and so he did but still holding her hand.

"I saw Bae yesterday. With an adorable little tyke... Angela, I believe. I see you have brought her well" she continued
"Stay away from her." she warned from under her breath.

"Who's Angela?" Jiyong piped

Three different voices replied, "My daughter."