In Latin

Reason Enough

Chapter 26

In Latin

 

“Mama.” The man on the other line addressed her.  Mrs. Park smiled to herself.  “Mama.  You may call me Mama” Was what she told Jiyong just before she left him and agreed to help.  It was the day after her husband had asked her to listen, just listen to what his son has to say. She was reluctant but her husband was obviously torn. 

“I cannot allow Sandara to wallow in a puddle of mud, alone and beaten just because I promised not to help.”   

“Meddle you mean.” Mrs. Park scowled.

“Your daughter needs a push towards the right direction. “ He exhaled.

“More like a shove.”  She glared at him. “Towards her early demise.”

“Jiyong will not hurt Sandara.” Mr. Park protested.

“More like he did.” They continued to argue.

“Give Jiyong a chance please.  Just listen to the man. I can’t force Sandara to forgive him but I can make her see beyond the dark clouds if you will help me.”

“You’re waxing poetic, dear. Seunghyun will pull her through.  He had done so many times.”

“Jiyong is my son. They are married. I will not wait by the sidelines and watch it slide downwards.” Mr. Park added frmly.

“This is again, all about Jiyong.”

 “They’ve spent a night together. Your daughter may be pregnant at this moment without our knowledge. We are not going to lose any member of this family, not by neglect, apathy and definite not because of sheer stubbornness. ”

 And so she had given him his time in the sun and allowed him not only to speak but also to stay. Her husband may have been correct but she is not one to admit that to him anytime soon. Jiyong had proven himself to be sincere and honest though when it comes to Sandara, a little misguided. It is a fact that Sandara Park is difficult to understand like your favorite novel translated in Latin, nearly impossible to decipher. 

 

 

Jiyong was surprised to receive a call from his mother-in-law but he is more than grateful.  The woman made so many things possible for him. He felt the love and care and the power of a mother. Mrs. Park proved she is capable of moving mountains and shifting boulders. And the fact that Dara is home and not on a plane bound to who knows where is testament enough.  It was Kiko who told him about it but only Mrs. Anna Park was able to stop it.

 

 

The door creaked when she pushed the huge oak door that opens to his office. Their doors do not creak she berated herself.  It must be her heart then, screaming from all the strain.  She took a deep breath.  It would be the first time she’ll speak to Jiyong alone after so long.  Dara returned to work weeks after her meltdown. They have started appearing together in public a couple of days ago at an event organized by her mother.  It was ludicrous how Mrs. Anna Park took Jiyong’s cause like a true woman with great purpose. She was avid, insistent. Dara had to remind her mother sometimes that she is her mother not Jiyong’s mother.

 

“It is one and the same dear.” She would explain to her patiently like she would when she was five and new to the family. “What is his is yours and what is yours is his as well.”

“I do not like sharing.” Dara would often protest.

“You aren’t.  You are staking claim.”

And so here she is doing what is best for her peace of mind.

Jiyong was surprised to find her alone, without Bom or Seungri in tow. They have been seen often enough in public to keep appearances, not that she cared because the public have seen enough of her with Seunghyun for them to start wondering who did she really exchange vows to?  

She took a seat at the quirky ergonomic chair she bought for his office a few months back. She leaned back with a satisfied smile.  She was tired. She was feeling heavy and a little dizzy.

“You can stay here.” He smiled back. “Have you had anything?”

“I only came here to tell you that we are keeping Kiko as our model at least for the clothing line.”

“What made you change your mind?”

“This company has never rescinded on its contracts and we are not going to start now.”  She was calm which surprised him. “She has a contract, we honor it. I will not pay her a cent due to inconvenience.  She would have to work for it.”  His beautiful wife came in his office a few hours after he was welcomed as the new SVP for Park  Inc.   She was all business.  

“I don’t want to shake the boat further.” I veered toward personal.

So he chose to address the elephant in the room. Dara looked at him…without blinking.

“You aren’t.  Not anymore that is.”  She gave him a smile. She handed him an envelope.  “I have tendered my resignation. This will be my last project with Park Inc.”

“You can’t.”

“I already have.  I told father I will be working with the Chois. I’ll be handling events for them now that Tabi is back. Between Passion, the new projects lined up I won’t be able to handle my post here.”

“Bom is staying though. I can’t ruin other people’s career because of a whim you know.” She made a move to stand.

“What about us?” he held her by the hand.

“We both work on being friends. Just steer away from Tabi in the process. The big guy is still a smarting from our current living arrangement, not to mention the postponed trip.” she jest and casually pulled her hand.

“ And the children.” He added seriously.

“That too.” She snickered.  “But I did not come here to talk about that, really.”

“You rarely talk about the important things do you?" He sighed. "You do know that there is no escaping this jagiya. Not now. Not ever.”

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:  well I hope that made sense. :) Romance is not really my alley and Dara just comes off cold. Baby girl is just too guarded. I wonder if Seunghyun could work magic. Anyway, again thank you for dropping by.

-Chen