Somewhere

Reason Enough

Chapter 45

Somewhere

 

 

 

 

Angela plunked herself between her mother and the bed tray and stared at Jiyong’s back.  

 

“Are we friends with Appa yet?” she looked at her mother expectantly and reached for a berry.  The pancakes look so beautiful with a glob of whipped milk and blueberry syrup. She knew the nuts were for her. She picked half a cashew and began to chew.

 

“We aren’t fighting baby.”

 

“Then why is he facing the wall?

 

She heard Jiyong snicker. The prick! “Because Appa has been very very naughty.”

 

Angela gasped as if remembering something nasty.

 

“He was kissing that…” She paused in confusion “bad word!” and was quick to jump out of Sandara’s lap to move around the food tray and stand before Jiyong. 

 

She was puffing with eyes so round, both hands on her waist. “You were kissing her! Are you going to marry her now? Will Mama marry somebody else? Will I be an orphan?” Angela stomped her feet in frustration.

 

“Grrrrh! I hate you mmmodyer..” Jiyong smothered her next word with his hand. His daughter…his…he smiled at her and mock whispered

“You shouldn’t be saying that baby.  Not to me, not to anyone else.” He looked at her intently. “No calling people names, no more bad words.”

 

“I hate you.” She spat, big fat tears brim her eyes.

 

“I know I deserve that.” He pressed her closer to him. “ Appa is sorry…very very sorry.”

 

“The lady at the grocery said you don’t love Mama.”

 

“I do.”

 

“You don’t”

 

“I do.”

 

“Are you sure?“ She used her small hands to push him away.

 

“Of course. The lady at the grocery knows nothing. I don’t even know her name.”

 

“But Mama knows you and she doesn’t believe you.” The child argued.

 

“She doesn’t, does she?” Jiyong turned to finally address his wife. “About time you talk to me don’t you think?”

 

“You’re here, we are making progress.” Sandara saw her daughter open when she picked up a berry. She fed her one and handed her another when Angela raise a finger for one more.

 

Jiyong pulled Angela on his lap and faced the child.  “Help me with Mama?”

 

“No.” She picked on her fruit.

 

Jiyong handed her another, “Please.”

 

Angela smiled “Uhng.” She nods.

 

Easy. Her daughter is easy. Sandara wanted to wail.  Weren’t the pair bickering earlier? How can she possibly sell her out on a berry!!  

 

“I love you Mama.”

 

She can’t argue with that she knows. Sandara took a deep breath, she is exhausted. The antics Jiyong and Angela subjected her to were crazy. They fought like toddlers. Angela cried a small stream before she finally stopped in exhaustion and slept in Jiyong’s arms.

 

“She’s a good kid.” She heard him say.

 

“Yes.  But with a potty mouth.”

 

“She loves you dearly.”

 

“I love her too.”

 

Thank you.”

 

“I didn’t do it for you.”

 

“I know but thank you.”

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

Seungri nearly got himself in an accident trying to reach Bom.  Why can’t this noona relax for a day? He pressed the buzzer from outside the gated compound. It was already nearly half an hour past dawn and he can hear the children from where he was standing.  The this family is in really. He shook his head.

 

Seungri saw Bom immediately.  She sat on the bench by the manicured lawn next to a young boy.  The child is slight probably around six years old.  “Do you think they will like me? He heard the boy asked.

 

“Of course.  Starting with Uncle Seungri.”   

 

. That was all he could think of. He had no answer to the hows, whys and what now so he focused on his driving them safely back to the mansion. The child sat at the back. His noona drove right behind him with the model, “she refuses to go” was all Bom said without care when he asked about it. Refuses to go he thought, he would refuse too if Bom would leave him in the middle of nowhere at midnight. He took a glance at the child from the overhead mirror.

 

“You ok, back there kid?” Seungri tried to break the ice.

 

The boy looked up and gave a small nod before pulling on his seat beat.

 

“Keep it on.”

 

The boy did. “Uncle Ri, tell me something about my new mommy?”

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

“Letting her go isn’t surrender Elizabeth.  It is love and love entails sacrifice.”

 

“But my son is hurting, he wouldn’t be if he doesn’t love her, does he?” Elizabeth Kang was all flushed with emotion.

 

“Like finding a cockroach on your favorite cup of coffee, after you have downed half of it.” Mrs. Park made a face.

 

“Anna!” Mrs. Kang gasped.

 

“or a rat.” Youngbae stopped to find the mothers by the kitchen table with Sr. Martha, disgust evident in their faces.

 

“Even I am repulsed by it.” Mrs. Park said.

 

“So am I.” Jiyong’s  mother shook her head in disapproval. “I can not believe Kiko-chan would go to such an extent.”

 

“I can not believe your son would do such a thing.” Mrs. Park glared.

 

“You promised Anna, to give him another chance.”  His mother tried to allay his in-law’s anger.

 

“I promised not to do anything to hurt him and his friend.  He is alive, isn’t he Elizabeth?”

 

Youngbae finally decided to interrupt.  The flash of emotion he saw from Mrs. Park was one he does not often see. His Auntie Anna rarely gets angry.  She is the epitome of composure and yet when the boat tugs his aunt tugs harder. 

 

“Aunties we have guests.” He bowed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you everyone for reading. Sending lots of love to you all.  I an very grateful :) I hope the latest chapter made sense.  Please do leave your comments, they are loved.

May my muse find me.

 

-Chen