Radio Silent

Reason Enough

RADIO SILENT

 

 

 

Daesung was pacing like a tiger preparing for the hunt.  He had gone barely an hour to bring his mother to the nearest hotel to rest and had returned at the hospital to find the twins missing.  They had been moved to another facility.  Whether they meant within the same hospital or moved somewhere else altogether he has no idea.  No one would tell him. The hallway leading to Dara’s room is restricted with only her parents have access.  The Choi brothers he had not seen.  The older children were with Ama as Bom called him earlier.  His brother still missing. The last time he spoke to him was a good 24 hours ago and calling him would be futile.  He made his choice, if only their mother would not be heart broken.

“Where are you, hyung?” he looked at his phone. No messages, no calls, radio silent. He tried to talk to Sr. Martha but the nun had gone inside Sandara’s room and hasn’t left since.

He called Seungri.  “You do realize you are calling the wrong person?” Seungri answered.

“I can’t call Minzy.”

“Try calling your brother, instead.” Seungri sighed. “I don’t really think I can help you.”

“Tell me where the babies are. Please, for omma.”

“You may get better luck if you tried Uncle. Everyone is currently under a need-to-know only status, obviously I don’t need to know so I don’t know.” Seungri confessed.  “Your mother may have better chances, maybe even better that your brother.” He paused. “He really needs to clean his act soon.”

Daesung stared at his phone. Seungri knows more than he lets on but maybe not enough to give him details.  He called his brother.

“Hyung!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Jiyong was staring at the very pale Kiko as the nurse checks on her vitals.  Fatigue the doctor said.  The strain must have too much for her, with her cast and the recent blast she was really in not great condition to travel. It was a good thing he barely left their place when she lost consciousness. Her mother had asked him to stay.  Daesung will understand he thought, but Sandara.  He heaved a heavy sigh, maybe this time apart will help them both clear their mind. He stood to retrieve his phone from the nurse’s station oblivious of the havoc now playing at the screen at the waiting room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Seunghyun is exhausted. Sandara had finally woken and they had made a quick work on her move and the babies. He did not want to take chances now that she is awake so he made himself comfortable at the reclining chair in her room. Finally he can sleep. After the hospital decided to restrict the visitors to family only, he and his brother had been barred at the door. He scoffed.  Just because of some paper saying that she is married to someone whose shadow no one has seen, he can’t check on her. But tonight he will sleep knowing that she and the babies are safe and away from prying eyes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kwon Jiyong hit the ground running as soon as his feet hit pavement at the airport.  He can still hear the ringing scream of his brother.  He wanted to club himself to death.  How can he not know?  How can he missed it?  Now all they can tell him is that his family has gone missing.  He had to take the back entrance to the hospital because the lobby is littered by reporters.  He saw his brother giving them dagger looks as soon as he spotted him.  Field day, the reporters are having a field day.

His mother welcomed him with an embrace, she sounded relieved when she did so.  He forced himself to listen, to his mother to the doctors and to the administrator.  It was his father who signed the waiver for the transfer. Jiyong started crying upon seeing a picture of his babies. Their skin is wrinkled, reddish purple in color and they appear to be thin. One of the pictures showed one of the twins grasping their grandmother’s finger. All the breathing and feeding tubes broke his heart.

“I need to see them.” He said.  His mother agreed as he tried to give him comfort.  “I need to see my wife.”

“You need to see your father.” His mother advised.  She already tried talking to his father but the old man was very firm with his decision.  “Jiyong has made his bed.” He had told her. “Now he must lie in it.”  

And lie in it he must.  No news were offered apart from the assurance that they are well taken care of. Jiyong was fortunate to be allowed to spend his days with Angela and Ryu at the mansion.  Angela had introduced him to Ryu as her Appa. “You should call him that too.” She offered.

“I want to see my grandchildren, Ben.”  He has heard his mother plead over and over, “Please.”  It had been their cycle for days until a better news came in the form of Anna Park.

She had come back after seeing to the babies but she is leaving to see to them again soon and she might be gone for a while. “I need to see them please.” Jiyong was on his knees. The two matriarch exchanged a brief look.

“We can’t hold them yet but Sandara spends time holding their back or feet for 15 minutes at a time. The heel stick is still on.” Jiyong watch his mother wipe her tears. “I can’t guarantee that Ben or Sandara will agree to you seeing them, but Elizabeth can come with me and she can send you news whenever she can.”

His mother had embraced him in utmost joy. Mrs. Park pulled her phone and Jiyong’s mobile blinked.  That is the latest picture I took of Sandara and the boys. I think you should see it.”

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hello Everyone, Happy Easter.  I felt that somehow this story needs to rise from the long sleep.  I did not mean for the three year gap to be in real time. Hopefully my muse stays with me.I may make some changes to this chapter but otherwise, I truly think you deserve another chapter.  I am so sorry again for the very long wait.  Do leave me your thoughts and thank you!