Weeping Flowers

Reason Enough

 

Chapter 27

Weeping flowers

 

 

No escaping it indeed. Dara felt Jiyong’s hand tighten that she flinched.  It was not painful but the hold was very secure, possessive even. He has been like this since he moved in.  She sighed yet again. Talking to him is one thing but talking about them is different. And she has wondered for weeks on end whether she would really be able to address it.  It was humiliating at the very least.  She was being stupid when she allowed herself to be persuaded to live with him again, when she can barely understand what she wants in the first place.  She couldn’t think around him. She lost her spunk in a matter of days. She is tired and her sanity merely hanging by the skins of her teeth. She needs to get out of his office and find Tabi.   

 

Only  Jiyong spoke again.

 

“Is it that bad to have my child, jagiya?” he runs his hands up and around her abdomen. “All we need is a confirmation. You’ve been a wonderful mom to Angela, I am sure you’ll do very well with ours.”

 

“Jiyong, stop it. This is highly inappropriate.’ She tried to shrug him off. “Now is not the right time to talk about this.”

 

“When is the right time, jagiya? When you always scramble to get out of my bed every morning.” He pulled her palms up and grazed his nose on her wrist.  “I try not to love you too much Dara, I swear I am trying.” He sound pained.

 

“You are not trying enough.” She took his hand around her abdomen and held on them as she turned to look at him. She took a deep breath. “We can’t force this Jiyong. I know I can’t. You promised.”  She held his gaze. “I have to go. Dad must be expecting us.”

 

“Dad left earlier to see Seunghyun.”

 

She stopped and stare, agape, her eyes a little wild. He cupped her cheeks. “I guess you haven’t told him, have you?”

 

“No.” it was just above a whisper, she was too afraid to admit it. Seunghyun now knows. She was not exactly forthcoming about their sleeping arrangement, but how do you tell Seunghyun that you’ve agreed to jump back to your husband’s bed after the fiasco that was Kiko. It was stupid, stupid like a woman in love. She mentally slapped herself.

 

“I would go berserk if I knew you’ve shared bed with someone else.” 

 

“I haven’t slept with anyone else.” She admitted.  She hated herself for giving in but she had enough trouble in a month to last her until the next life no need to add one more.

 

“Not even with Seunghyun?” he pressed.

 

“Jiyong, please.”

 

“Just answer me, jagiya.”

 

“No, if you meant no, not even with Seunghyun. I hope that made you happy.” She slapped him hard on the chest.  He is acting like a total jerk and it irritates her more. Everything about him irritates her now.

 

He grabbed her hand and played with her palm trying to pacify her.  “Then take that test jagiya.  I want to know if we are finally pregnant.  I will be there with you.”

 

“I am not. I told Tabi that too. I should know.” She flicked her arms away from him. He frowned. ” If you really want to have children, you can.  It doesn’t have to be with me.  It wouldn’t matter. I raised Angela. ” she braced herself.  “I am more than capable of loving a child that isn’t mine,  Jiyong. My mother loves me too much; it would be blasphemous if I can’t do so to another child. Father would understand.  He won’t shun his own.”

 

“Can’t reject a bastard, you say? But you kept on rejecting me, jagiya.” He looked hurt.

 

 “Cut it Jiyong.  You are not insecure and never were.  Do not start with me.” She picked up a paper and threw it at him.  It was one of the documents he was reading earlier. "Go back to work Jiyong." she turned and left him in a hurry.

 

 

 

 

 

It was dark by the time Dara drove through the gates of the Choi property. She knew by sheer instinct that Seunghyun would be there.  She pulled to a stop not far from their chalet; he had it built for her. It was supposed to be their home and Tabi strived hard to make it so even if their happy ever after never did happen.

 

 To her it was home, to her childhood fantasies and of always and forever. She traversed the small path on the right that led all the way back to a beautiful view of the farm overlooking a small stream. Her entire path was lighted by ball lamps with engraving that reads Seunghyun and Sandara in beautiful long scripts.

 

 She felt her breath hitch and her stomach tie in knots at the sight of him. Seunghyun is standing at the garden bridge surrounded by weeping flowers that hang low by the branches, petals flutters with the wind. Like a knight, forever loyal always standing guard. 

 

Seunghyun turned to look at her. “You do realize that you can still have this, don’t you?  All you just have to do is say it.”

 

Dara pulled Seunghyun in a hug and allowed herself to be comforted. Tabi, first and foremost , is her friend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Thank you for reading.