From Across the Street

Reason Enough

Chapter 30

From Across the Street

 

 

 

Bom watched as Jiyong and Kiko enters the Japanese restaurant right across Passion.  She watched when a pretty girl with long locks in yellow floral cotton dress gave Jiyong a kiss and pulled the pair to join her at the table hidden by the bamboo blinds.

 Silence enveloped the table.  Bom was still looking at the blinds that hide them and Daesung was looking at her. She was grateful Sandara was in the kitchen looking for some green tea ice cream.

“Aren’t you going to ask who that woman is?”

“I know Ahn Sohee.” Bom replied “ Everybody knows her, even Darong. But hat I want to know is what is she doing with Jiyong and Kiko?”

“I too am curious.” Daesung was noncommittal.  No matter how stupid he think his brother is at the moment, he isn’t ready to watch him burn in the stakes. Bom looked like she is ready to light that match.

“So why don’t you go ahead and ask?”

Both of the heads snapped so fast that they groaned form the impact. The head waiter chuckled. “Go ahead, move.”  He inclined his head towards the window. “Dara had been whining about the  green tea ice cream that she nearly died of frustration.” He made a gesture towards the door. “If you hurry, you might reach Dara before she scream for bloody murder.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

“Oppa.” Sohee beams upon seeing Jiyong. It has been almost a year since she last saw him.  They were in Singapore then when he decided to call it off the night after they saw Seungri and Dara together.

“I am glad to see you Sohee.” He gave her a tight hug.

“You married her!” she accused him immediately.

Jiyong laughed at it.  “No, I did not.”

 It has been almost a year since he last saw her and if not because of Kiko he may have waited a year more. They have dated briefly, her brother Xin was moving within the same circle as he was. And as luck would have it she now manages Nuthang Crew, the racing club where Xin and Kiko belong to.

“I married Sandara Park.”

“And yet you are with Kiko still.” She eyed the girl with a pout.

“If not, I wouldn’t be here talking to you.” He pulled a chair for the ladies “Kiko works for me now.”

“If that is the case then I have a proposition.”

Jiyong was listening intently to Sohee when the restaurant door opened. It must be the door charm that sang the second it opened, or the fact that the staff behind the counter stopped and bowed or that the pastry chef stepped out of his apron to greet the new comer.

“Sandara Park.” It was said with a lilt, as if the man was trying t o be cute and gentle at the same time. Whatever his intention was, he was failing terribly.

And before Jiyong can process what was happening he found himself standing in front of his wife with one hand on her shoulder.

“She is a Kwon now.”  He watched her as opens her plastic spoon clank as it hit the floor. He moved to take the tub of ice cream off her hands.

“No, this is mine.” She moved to her left effectively avoiding him and shielding herself behind Kim Jae Wook. She somehow felt a little vulnerable.  She only wanted some macha so she took a quick detour from the kitchen to the restaurant across.  She had no intentions to see Jiyong yet, at least not that very minute.  Not when she’s feeling nauseous, not when she can feel her stomach churn and water.  She really wants ice cream now.

“Tokki.” It was Bom. They have followed her immediately.

Daesung quickly grabbed a mochi ball from the counter and handed it to her. “Let’s join hyung for dessert. We can have this while we wait.” Dara just snatched the packet from him.

“Jae wook-ssi, can you prepare this for Dara?” Bom took the tub from her.

“Stop bossing me around.” Dara curbed herself from rolling her eyes.

Bom smiled back to Jaewook. “ And send over five of you sweet pastry. Tokki doesn’t feel like sharing hers today.” This time Dara did roll her eyes.

 He winked at her.  “I’ll make them pretty.”

And pretty it was, too bad it was so pretty she refused to eat them. Jiyong ordered another glob of ice cream for her which she ate, while watching the green tea ice cream with strawberry waffle and chocolate syrup melts.

Kiko was a more than  surprised when Jiyong returned with Dara, Bom and Daesung. Hell!  Nothing can be more impressive than Jiyong convincing Dara to eat with her.

 Sohee was eyeing Dara, who hasn’t said anything since she took the seat next to Jiyong. He on the other hand held her left hand that rest on his lap while his right arm rest on her shoulder his hand playing with her ear.

 “Eunnie!”  It was a contained shriek. Dara after all really ruled the circuit when she was younger.  “I saw you at strip the other day with Jaejoong oppa.”

Dara looked at her. “So Nuthang decided to join the National rally.”

“Yes!” she exclaimed.  “We are trying to convince Jiyong oppa to sponsor us.”

Dara turned to look at Kiko. “Interesting.”

“You guys arrived together?” It was Sohee.

“Yes. We had a really late lunch.” It was Daesung.

“Lunch?” It was Jiyong. His hand stilled and looked at them.

“Yes, lunch. “ Daesung moved his head to confirm.

“I thought you went to see Minzy?”

“I did. “ Daesung replied daring his brother to make the conclusion. “They invited me to join them, though Bom-noona and I did most of the eating. Dara-noona wasn’t really feeling well today. ”

Jiyong shifted his entire body and his gripped her tighter. Dara shoved another bite full of the frozen concoction to and told Jiyong, “I’m hungry. “

“What do you want?” Jiyong signaled for the waiter.

Kiko raised an eyebrow.

 Dara pointed at the ones on her husband’s plate.

“We’ve got plenty of gyoza on the table Dara-ssi .” Kiko informed her

She shrugged “ I want the pieces on his plate.” She opened when Jiyong offered her a piece with his chopsticks. And another.

“Would you like a plate instead?” Kiko pressed as the

“No I’d rather lie on the grass at the farmhouse and wait for the stars to come out but since I’m with Jiyong, I’d really much rather eat, I am quite famished.” Jiyong feeds her with roasted pumpkin. “I want the dashimaki and can you get me some pickled ginger and grated mango please.” She turned the waiter that went to get her order.

“Why did you go see Minzy?”

“Because I wanted to know if Jiyong knocked you off, you did see Minzy a couple of weeks ago, didn’t you?”

“Jigaya.” It was Jiyong. Bom nearly spat the corn milkshake she was nursing while Daesung snorted.

“She asked. I answered.” She turned her attention to Sohee. “I take it that Kiko is back with Nuthang.  Navigating for Xin, maybe?”

Sohee surprised with the shift in attention stuttered. “Ye-yes.”

Dara nodded obviously satisfied “Kiko is currently under contract with Park Inc. It makes sense to endorse Nuthang Crew as well. Though am no longer connected to the company apart from my last name and being married to one of the bosses.  This is entirely on Jiyong.”

“Does that mean if he agrees you’ll be in our paddock?” Sohee’s eyes widen at the prospect.

“No. Jiyong can afford better paddock girls.” She turned her attention back to Kiko. Slowly her lips lift and a grin formed on her face.

“Are you pregnant?” Kiko tilted her head to the right. “Nothing will keep off the dirt road now that Seunghyun is back, not unless they wouldn’t allow you.”

“You think?”

“Tokki.” It was Bom who hastily stands. “I think we should leave. Youngbae and Angela are expecting us.”

“We’ve wasted enough of their time. They still have business to discuss.” Daesung rose to his feet as well. “I’ll drive you home.”

“No need Dae. We are done here.” He pulled several bills to cover the meal. “I want to talk to my wife. I haven’t seen her in a while. Please see that Kiko and Sohee arrive home safely.”

 

 

They were silent but the time Jiyong fastened her seat belt. “Do you want to tell me something?” Jiyong leaned back but did not initiate to start the car.

“Just a confirmation.” She pulled the results from her bag and gave it to him. Dara waited for him to say anything. And like the sun his face broke it a bright smile.  His face would definitely hurt if he doesn’t stop it. “Thank you.” He was afraid she would never admit it. He pulled a parcel from the car compartment. It was a pregnancy stick, her pregnancy stick. “Seunghyun dropped by my office earlier to give me this.” She saw a tear drop. “I was afraid he will say it is his.”

“So what did he say?”

“Happy birthday.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N :  Ok so this is fluff or not. :) I just wanted to send out something positive today because it is my birthday.  Hahahahah so Seunghyun says, happy birthday.

To all who subscribe, thank you very much, please do leave a comment so I know if you are about to hurl a chair at me because I feel like hitting myself with a club :) you may find me on twitter @chen_free

Wishing you guys lots of love.

 

P.S. I was feeling a little frustrated with GD lately hence the non-update I wasn't really sure what to think that in times of unrest I tend to gravitate towards tabisan.

Maybe I need a banner :)