Clouds in the Sky

Reason Enough

Chapter 35

Clouds in the Sky

 

“Congratulations. Finally.” It was Youngbae who spoke first. He was with his brother, Seunghyun with a big grin on his face that speak volumes, mostly proud of himself for being correct. 

 

Dara wrinkled her nose. “It is still early for bourbon.”

 

“Well, Uncle Ben felt we needed it. “ He slapped Youngbae. “It was mind numbing, wasn’t it bro?” 

 

“Yes.”  Youngbae’s eyes sizzled; It was shooting sparks all the way to where she stood. . Dara felt her hand moisten and her stomach coiled. She was afraid. Youngbae is angry.

 

“Bae.” It must have sounded like a plea for she felt her own hand grasp his in a lock. Insecurity is slowly eating her. “ I am sorry.”

 

 “ You do not say sorry for receiving a blessing.” She heard him say. “For all we know it could be mine.”

 

Her heart thumped. Dugeun!

 

Youngbae was looking at Jiyong . “Bae.” She tugged at the hand she held.  She shook her head. Don’t taunt him.

 

“That is my child she is carrying. Do not ever question it.” Jiyong interjected. “Mine.” He practically growled.

 

“I believe I am speaking with Sandara.” Youngbae shot back. Dara wrapped her hands around and pulled him back.

 

“That is my wife you are holding.” Her husband took quick steps forward with Angela still perched securely in his arms.

 

Seunghyun stepped in between them and pulled Dara back. “I believe we came for lunch.  Sandara and the children must be hungry.” 

 

“I am Daddy.” Angela reached out for him. It was Seungri who got to her first.

 

“Aaaah…” Seungri made a big show of carrying her. “Our baby lost some weight, time to fatten you up.” He then blew a big fat raspberry on her belly.

 

“Mama! Mama! Papa!” Angela squealed and squirmed, giggling like a lunatic in Seungri’s arms.

 

A tug distracted Dara from her daughter. “Let us leave Tokki.” Seunghyun tilted his head towards the door.  “This may get bloody.” She moved her head to look at Bae, his skin was flushed and his eyes were set on Jiyong.  “ I hope pretty boy can slug it. My brother got some huge beef he wants to settle.”

 

Dara craned her neck as Seunghyun forces her to take a few steps. “But Youngbae is drunk.”

 

“Youngbae had a drink.  But he is far from drunk.” He smirked. “You are worried for Bae.” He looked at her with amusement.  “Do you think Jiyong is a better fighter than Youngbae?”

 

Sandara made a face. “Jiyong is not supposed to be here. If Dad catches those two...” 

 

“Then surely your husband would get what he deserves. You are losing weight Tokki!.” He pulled her close to him and whispered “He should really restrain himself. You are pregnant.”

 

 She felt the heat that flushed through her face and the shot of adrenaline that flooded her veins. She wanted to vomit. In response she swung her leg and aimed for his shin.   “That is just so crude Choi Seunghyun.”

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

“Did you hear that Kwon? That is the sound of my child squealing for me.” His lips upturned. “And that is the sight of your wife walking away from you.” He taunted. Youngbae rarely loses his cool and is almost always collected but today he had enough.

 

“Being a father got nothing to do with the seeds you’ve planted.  Raising those children makes you one.” Jiyong challenged.

 

“I am glad we agree on that point.” Youngbae smiled without mirth. “I have raised Angela like mine and I will do well when the new one comes. "

 

“You are forgetting something Youngbae-sshi.” Jiyong sneered. “You may have to speak with your brother about Angela and as for my wife and child.  They are mine.”

 

 “Aaahh. It amazes me how a little denial can distort the truth and cloud your judgment.” The younger Choi shook his head. “Angela isn’t my brother’s.”

 

Jiyong felt his muscles stiffen.  He let go of the first swing aimed at Youngbae. The latter anticipated the punch. He stared at Youngbae with blazing eyes.  “You slept with Kiko. You fathered the child.” He accused.

 

Youngbae laughed. Loud. Letting the tension leave his body, he never thought he would actually feel better, at least not today.  “And I made it appear as if it was my brother’s to stop her from marrying him. “ He stopped speaking and allowed a rumbling cackle to take over. "You have great imagination Kwon."

 

“You are a bastard.”

 

“No Kwon, you are.” Youngbae took the opportunity to retaliate. He swung once..twice and connected.

 

It felt good.  “I can’t believe all this drama was because of you. “He steadied himself. “Did you even just for a moment consider why Angela looks very much like Sandara, when my brother and Kiko look nothing like her?”

 

Jiyong was silent.

 

“Neither did we. But I was told Sandara and the father looks like each other. Have you looked at yourself in the mirror Kwon?”

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Daesung fished his phone from his pocket.  He looked at Bom and the obviously harassed model.  Kiko was looking at him. He had to excuse himself when he saw Sandara’s name. She never calls him.

 

“Daesung ah.” There was a sob.

 

“Noona.”

 

“Please take Jiyong home.” And the horrible sound of her crying was all he heard.

 

 

 

 

A/N: It has been a while since I last posted anything :) I hope this one answers some of your questions.  As I have said this is an exploration of some sort and I have been very surprised with the characters myself. So indulge me. and I do acknowledge that this is very short.

Thank you again for reading, dropping by, subscribing and hopefully I get to read for you as well.

Be safe everyone and spread some love.