Song from Last Month

Reason Enough

Chapter 31

 

 

 

 

Song from Last Month

 

 

 

Instead of driving home, Jiyong stopped right infront of the orphanage.  “What are we doing here?” I asked. The gates are closed and the sun was about to set.

 

 

“I just want to go back to where you came from and give my thanks.” Jiyong smiled at me before opening his side of the car. “Wait for me.” He was quick to move around to my side and opened the door for me. “I love you.” He said and leaned down to give me another kiss. He is obviously enjoying this.

 

 

I heard someone laugh, it was Manuel.  He was on duty that afternoon. We exchanged a quick greeting before he let us in. “So the young Mr. Kwon managed to win you over?“ he whispered in jest.  The chapel is all yours.” He called to Jiyong. “Tonight, vespers will be done inside.”

 

 

So here we are, together kneeling on one of the pew in front of the altar with Jiyong holding both of my hands. I watched him as he close his eyes and pray.  Jiyong looks so peaceful.

 

“My Jiyong..” I shook my head upon catching my thoughts. This is ludicrous; instead I turned to look at the cross in front. “What is going on.” I asked silently. I am not expecting a direct answer but somehow I always find my answers here. This chapel has been witness to so many of my tears, my broken hearts and my failed attempt to piece those pieces together and now to another milestone in my life.  I am going to be a mother and I am feeling very possessive. I felt his hand move to wrap around my waist and move to my abdomen.

 

 

“Dear Father.” I heard Jiyong say. “ We are finally going to have a baby. I am going to be a father, like you Sandara and I will have a  child to love, to provide for and to protect. “ His hand caress the small bump. “I thank you Father for giving me back my wife, for keeping her safe, for keeping her sane and for making her stay.” I elbowed him lightly but he was quick to gather me in his arms.  I was surprised when I heard him sob. My husband, the great Kwon Jiyong is crying!

 

 

“Jiyong.” I called out to him. I pulled out my hand and wiped off his tears. “Shhh.” He hushed me. He was smiling. Oh Lord please, I am not going to fall for this.  Heaven help me.

 

 

My husband cried for almost an hour with me secured in his arms. He was sorry, he was happy and he loves me. It somehow astounds me how simple his desires were. He wanted a family, his and no one else’s.

 

 

I moved to look at him.  “Stop it jagiya.” I brushed his hair off his face; they have started to clump because of his tears.  He was sweating profusely as well. I wiped his cheek, his jaw and chin. “Aist, such a baby. “ I teased. “ Sr. Marta will skin me alive if she sees you like these. I always get blamed for making people cry. They obviously favor you, you know.” I gave him a small kiss on the cheek just below his eyes. “Stop it please. I don’t want to see you like this.”

 

 

“ Am I forgiven?”

 

 

“There was nothing to forgive.  I was upset.” She shook her head as she remembered something. “ I was mad. Really mad. But it was not your fault.”

 

 

“But for the pains that I have caused you, will you forgive me?” He insisted. It was the first time they were able to talk about them.  Talk about what happened to them.  He will not let her shy away from it.

 

 

“Only if you fix yourself so we can go home.” Then she looks around.  “ I am not exactly allowed to cuss inside the chapel, you know.”

 

 

It was why they haven’t set foot in the great mansion for over a week. 

 

 

Dara drove them to Jiyong’s house at the marina.  It was his and now hers and they both needed some peace.   Nobody else has to witness what they were going through as a couple. That night Sandara Park spent the night as Mrs. Kwon Jiyong, attentive, patient and comforting. “I want to do this every night.” Jiyong snuggled closer to her, his head rest just under her .

 

 

“You want to cry every night?” She teased. Jiyong simply buried his face further.  Dara run her fingers through his hair and gently pulled his head back. “You never struck me as the clingy type.” She told him.

 

 

“You’ve been gone for weeks. I couldn’t reach you. You were not answering your phone.”

 

 

“You knew I was with Seunghyun.”

 

 

“ Exactly why! I was barely able to make it knowing you have been spending your days with your exes.” He quickly rose from her bosom to loom on top of her. He was huffing.

 

 

“ Dramatics doesn’t suit you as well.” She moved her hands to ease the frown on his forehead

 

 

“But I was scared.” He confessed. “Women are known to be fickle. And you tend to change your mind quite frequently.” He pursed his lips.

 

 

“I don’t change my mind on important things.”

 

 

“Like love.”

 

 

“And family.” She affirms.

 

 

“You still love Choi Seunghyun.” There was an accusatory note on his voice.

 

 

“And I always will.” She smiled at him her finger tracing his lower lips and slowly grazing his teeth. He made a move to snap at it.

 

 

Dara squealed.  It was perfect. Him. Her. Together. If only. “But I married you. I could have said no but I didn’t. I stayed.”

 

 

She hoisted herself from under him and sat on the bed her back leaning on the headboard. Jiyong was quick to climb on her lap and cocooned himself in between her.

 

 

“If mother didn’t force you to stay, would you have stayed?”

 

 

“Hey, I’m the one who is supposed to be emotional.” She landed a swat on his forehead.

 

 

“Jagiya.”

 

 

Dara chortled. “You are one insecure brat.” She hit him another time.

 

 

“Aww. You hate me that much, don’t you.”

 

 

“Of course not.  I wouldn’t have slept with you if I did.” Jiyong immediately pulled himself and looked at her. His face inches from hers, his heart pounding.

 

 

“Do you love me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:  To celebrate the end of my birthday month with a happy note.  And as thank you to Krung for  greeting all September babies I decided to post an update!!

And to soothe my Daragon heart *stumps feet* grrhh.. glares at the dragon.

Let me know what you think. :D