Burning Bridge

Reason Enough

 

 

Chapter 41

Burning Bridge

 

 

 

 

“You do realize that you are putting not only your life but your relationship on the line here for him?” Bom shook her head in disapproval.  “Sandara would have to get in line just to get to you.  Seunghyun and Uncle would gut you.”

 

Seungri almost laughed. Almost, but thought better. “That is the idea noona.  They would not let noona get to me first.  Plus I get them a shot at him.” Seungri smiled, it was wide an all teeth exercise that surprised Bom.

 

“I do not know whose side are you on, but this is crazy Ri.”

 

“I grew up with you and Dara.  You expect me to be anything less?”

 

“Noona. Do not forget the noona, Ri.”

 

 

~~~~~~~

 

 

Bom had been driving on the opposite direction of what Seungri took when they took off. She laughed silently.

 

“What is so funny?” Kiko demanded.  The silence was so oppressing she couldn’t stand it.

 

“I sometimes wonder if you are that unloved Audrie-shii. ” Bom replied, her smile never leaving her face. “Your lust for attention is only rivaled by your deep rooted self-hate. You wanted the world to validate your existence.  Tell me how do you want to die?”

 

“You are not killing me.”

 

“Of course not.  But I can always arrange it.” Bom paused. “R-O-D.”

 

“What did you say?” the model sputtered.

 

“R.O.D is your moniker isn’t it? AudRie KikO Daniels.”

 

The model gaped at her in fear. Nobody knew nobody but…

 

“I found the little note you sent to Jiyong. I gave it to Uncle Ben.”  She took a turn. “It was the reason he came to you.”

 

“I am not afraid of you!”

 

“Either am I.”

 

“Then where are you bringing me?” Kiko asked in alarm.

 

“Nowhere.” Bom shrugged.  “Don’t you want to spend some time with me?”

 

“I can always find my way back.” Kiko spat.

 

“Of course.  Kitties always find their way back.” Bom sniffed derisively. “So do you like getting , Kitty? Here kitty, kitty. ”

 

“You won’t be able to get away with this! This is kidnapping!”

 

“Shhhhhhhhh… You ain’t a kid and you aren’t napping. I am just driving in circles to throw you off” Bom laughed, they have been driving out of Seoul and have reached a more deserted part of the next town. “Or would you rather I throw you down a ravine Kitty?  That would be more fun than just driving around.”

 

“You are crazy!”

 

“Oh, you didn’t know?” She batted her eyelash.  “OK.” They have stopped at a clearing several miles off a dirt road.  “Get out.”

 

“ Are you going to shoot me?” The model looked at her with apprehension.

 

“You are not in a movie!”  Bom leaned in to push to door open. “Out.”

 

Kiko looked at her surroundings; it was dark with patches of trees and lots of open spaces. “You are not leaving me here are you?” she asked with absolute dread.  What if Bom leaves her here?

 

“Would you want me to flay you first?” Bom puffs an air. “Out!”

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~

 

 

 

 

 Sr. Martha is in one corner with Angela.  The child wanted a hair bun just like Mama, she was telling Granma Nun. The old nun nods and pointed at a cushion.  Angela was quick to pull at it so she can sit on top of it.  The child smiled brightly and gave the nun a nod.

 

Sandara stared at the phone left lying on the next table. It was hers but Seunghyun had confiscated it a few days ago. She hadn’t seen it in a while until earlier when Angela pulled it from her father’s pocket. The tyke must have lost interest and moved on. She turned her head to look around.  No one is looking. Feeling like a culprit, she leaned in and reached for the pink mobile.

 

She opened and checked for the Japanese model on SNS like an idiot. And like a masochist knowing full well it would hurt her, she plunged ahead and hit the cold murky waters of the said girl’s instagram.  She wasn’t prepared for the thundering of her chest a dull ache that seem to inhibit the intake of air. She wasn’t supposed to feel this.  She had accepted it.  He chose her. The bastard chose her.  She lowered her hands and hastily closed the page. She is stupid and in a few minutes away from a full panic attack.

 

“Baby.” It was her mother.  Anna Park.  And like the child that she was, Sandara turned to her mother’s arms and cried. 

 

It felt ages when she finally let go of her mother. She saw Jiyong seated at the back of the gallery, hidden behind a wall but she can see her father talking to him. He looked grim. Passions was closed for the day but Ama made sure everyone had their provisions, hoping food would help everyone’s mood, no point in angering an already angry person.

 

Her mother handed her a brownie. “It will help calm you.”

 

Sandara reached for the pastry and broke it in half before feeding herself “Thank you.”

 

“You do not have to see him if you don’t want to. You don’t have to do anything.”

 

Sandara watched Angela scoots off her cushion and ran only to stop in front of her and wiggle. “What is it baby?” She asked offering her the half of her pastry.  The child moves her body to peek at Jiyong then at her grandmother and on the plate of brownies on the table.

 

“Can I bring Appa some brownies?” the little girl asked her taking a bite off her brownie. “He looks sad, Mama. He must have not eaten anything since he left.” She added in haste.

 

She reached for her daughter’s face and pulled her forward. She was rewarded with a wet kiss on the cheek. “Can I Mama?”

 

Unable to reply,  Sandara tried to smile and wrapped her arms around the small child. “Bring him lots baby, he must be hungry.”

 

Mrs. Park grabbed her daughter’s shoulder in support when Angela accepted the bag loaded with sweets.

 

 

 

~~~~

 

 

 

“Appa! You’ve been gone a long time.” Angela went on assault immediately. Her arms tucked around a nine inch teddy bear. “I missed you terribly.” Her lips pouted. She pulled her bag of goodies and offered a piece to Jiyong.

 

“Mama missed you too.” She whispered and looked at her grandfather for reprove, when she saw none she continued. “Mama was crying all the time.  Daddy would just hold her until she stops. “Where were you?” she poke his cheeks. “ I saw your pictures  on paper next to a girl.”  She scowled. “ I don’t like her. She makes Mama angry every time she sees her on TV.”

 

“I am sorry about that baby.”

 

“You should be.” She nods.  “Aunt Bommie and I tore a lot of paper. You were everywhere! And that ...”

 

“Angela.” It was Mr. Park his voice ringing in the entire restaurant.

 

“But she is!” The child insisted. “Aunt Bommie said so.”

 

“Get me Bom.” The old man said gravely.  Seunghyun sighed and pointed at Seungri.

 

Sandara rushed in and pulled the child out of the way. “Don’t say that again baby.” She shushed.

 

“I am sorry Mama.” She turned to her grandfather as well. “ I am sorry Grand Pa.” the child shuddered and looked at Jiyong.

 

“But she is.” The child said which shocked nearly everyone.  “ Aunt Bommie said because of her, you and Appa are no longer together.” She was indignant. “Are you going to have babies with her too?! Mama is going to have two!”

 

“Baby calm down.” Sandara hugged the obviously stressed child.  “Seunghyun, can you please get Angela.”

 

“Nooooooooo!” The child screamed.

 

“Go to Daddy please I will come to you later.  I will talk to Appa first.” She brushed the sweat off the child’s face. “I promise.”

 

“He made a promise too!”

 

Sandara looked at Jiyong, “I am not him, baby.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello Everyone!!! Happy New Year.  This is the first installment for the year :)  I hope everyone is  in great health and disposition. 

Thank you again for reading and for subscribing and for the votes :D Please feel free to leave your comments below so I know if I still make sense and if the story does make sense to.