Simple Scones

Reason Enough

Chapter 29

Simple Scones

 

 

 

 

 

 

My brother is an idiot.  It has been my opinion since he started this crazy pursuit for the woman of his dreams. She obviously wanted to be left alone.  Hell, she needs some time away from these all…away from my brother and from those rabid brothers.

 

Dara is a nice girl. Yes, nice does not necessarily describe her but after the ruckus they created I am unable to find a word to describe her without sounding rude or partial towards her.  I definitely do not wish to sound like I am taking sides. Jiyong is crazy enough.

 

He recently had Dara inked on his skin; it wouldn’t be surprising if my brother started having her in between meals.  Now that sounded disturbing but that is not what I meant… truth is I don’t know if it even matters because I would bet that is exactly what happens. Aside from the fact that my dear sister-in-law seems lost in the sea of people and looks like she need some immediate saving, I am not sure anything else is of greater importance.

 

“Dara!”

 

“Dr. Kang!” she looked surprised, like really. I wonder if she took a cookie from the proverbial cookie jar.

 

“Seriously Dara, Dr. Kang? I believe we are closer than that. What brought you here? Are you sick?”

 

“Oh no!” she immediately denied.  “ I went with Bom. She is here somewhere.” She scanned the people around.  “Oh there she is.” She exclaimed obviously relieved.

 

“Did you go see Dr. Gong?” he gestured towards the room she had been a few minutes ago. The sign says OB-GYNE.

 

“Oh yes, she is Bom’s cousin. We only brought her some of the scones she likes for tea later.”

 

“Really? Dr. Gong never mentioned you and Bom, considering we are almost family.” He was looking at Sandara intently.

 

“Are you friends with Minzy?” Bom interjects.

 

 

“Minzy is an old friend.  We went to pre-med together; though she moved on to do better things.  I, on the other hand, opted to enjoy the sand, the sun and the ocean.”

 

“The call of the ocean was pretty difficult to ignore?” Bom asked.  Dara smiles.  Her cousin like the water very much too bad they don’t get to see it very often.

 

“Felt like a drug, I kept coming back. ” Daesung nods and smiled at the exuberance displayed by the girl in front of him but he refused to be led off-track.

 

“Maybe you guys may want to join us and in one of our expeditions.  That is if it won’t be a strain for Dara?”

 

“Aigoo, Daesung-ssi. What are you saying?”  She tried to laugh it off.  “Why don’t I treat you to tea instead, it is almost three.” and she pushed herself forward

 

Bom looked on a little worried.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kiko sauntered right in.  She surely felt the looks some of the staffs are giving her but she does not mind, she chose not to. The contract with Park Inc. was not something she expected to happen but she was happy nonetheless. Jiyong although a little edgy, was here to support her.

 

“I am not expecting you today.” Jiyong said from behind his desk.

 

“Not even getting up from your chair to greet me?” She walked all the way to the side of his table and leaned down to give him a peck. “Married life made you grumpy?” she smudged the lipstick stain she left on the edge of his lips.

 

“Just a little tense.” He admitted.

 

“and frustrated?” she teased.

 

“My wife is very generous when she is around.” He looked away.  Only if she is around… Damn it. He finally realized what Dara is up to, but no amount of frustration will lead him astray.

 

Kiko giggled. It used to make him smile; the sound of her laughter was enough to remind him that everything will be fine.  Only this time it was not working.  It hasn’t work in a while.  “What brings you here?”

 

“Am I no longer aloud to see you?” Kiko scoffs.  “While Dara parades Seunghyun to the world like a proud lover, here you are questioning my presence in your office.  I am a little hurt Jiyong.”

 

“My wife and Seunghyun are best friends, business partners, peas from the same pod and are proud of each other. They are not lovers.”

 

“Is that what she led you to believe?  No wonder you’ve been complacent.” On the other hand that is the perfect ruse. Friends, best of friends that gets a little too touchy for his comfort.

 

“You wouldn’t mind if I kiss you, would you?  We too are friends, aren’t we?” she leaned in closer.

 

“Kiko..” it sounded like a whine. He moved away and successfully evaded her lips. “You are not helping.”

 

“Well it was your idea to hire me as a model.” She struck a pose.  “It is not my fault when your little wife can be very insecure.”

 

“Well, considering how close we are, you never had it in you to tell me about your little history.” He glowered. “We could have avoided all this drama. I should

be neck deep in matrimonial bliss at this time instead here I am on the verge of losing my mind because my wife is trying to avoid me.”

 

“So she is avoiding you.” She plops herself on the sofa.

 

“I haven’t seen her in days.” He finally confessed. 

 

“I still don’t understand this obsession of yours Jiyong.  Why Dara? You can have anyone. All you have to do is say it. I will never leave you like this, no woman

who knows of you would ever dare leave you in such a pathetic state but here you are wallowing at the thought of Sandara Park.”

 

“I am warning you Kiko. This is my wife you are speaking of.”

 

“Absentee wife.”

 

“Absentee or not, she is my wife still. The would be mother of my children.” He gritted his teeth as he spoke.

 

Kiko stared at him in surprise, gapping. “Children?” she croaks.

 

“Children. I intend to have as many children as her body would permit.” Jiyong face softened at the thought of his house littered with tykes and their toys and

Dara heavy with his child.

 

“But I thought you didn’t want any?” her voice hitched a little, barely covering the turmoil she is feeling.

 

“Not with anyone else.” He finally smiled at her. ”I have found my home in her Kiks.” He called her by his pet name for her. But somehow it still hurts, she tried to smile instead she swallowed the burning lump that has gathered in .

 

“But you never liked children.” She looked at him intently. “You never liked them that I had to give up mine.” She wanted to add.

 

“I do now.” He looked tentatively at the door as if waiting for it to open anytime. “Spending time with her and with Angela and with the children at the orphanage changed everything. I watched her run after those children almost every day.  I want her to take care of my child.” Jiyong moved his head to face her.

 

“She took me in and nursed me back when she agreed to live with me again. I am not going to screw this up.” His smile widens and moved to hold her hand “Imagine me as a father Kiko-chan…my child in my arms.”

 

Kiko looked at the hand that held hers. It was a little rough, warm and very strong.  She gave it a squeeze. “You’ll be a great Dad, Ji.” She is very lucky to have you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Somebody save me... tsk tsk... thank you again for reading.