A Basket Full of Rye

Reason Enough

 

 

 

 

A Basket Full of Rye

 

 

 

 

“Angela is pretty smart kid."  

 

“You like her.” It was a statement.  

 

“I fell in love with her the minute I held her with you in my arms.”  

 

“You love her mother.” She sneered.  

 

“Yes. You.” He nuzzled her some more.  

 

“You should stop saying that, you know.” She pushed him a little but kept her head on his chest. “Angela is pretty convinced that you do. It may not take a while for her to start convincing me too.”  

 

“And for that I love her even more.” He smiled at her.  

 

“Can you tell me more about her?”  

 

She gave him a nod. “What do you want to know?”  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why did Seunghyun left you his child? He could have left her with his brother, his mother or maybe even with Ama but why did he choose you?”  

 

“Because, I wanted to keep her. I wasn’t the one pregnant but I fought hard to keep her.” A soft bubble of laughter emanated from her. “I was there each step of the way.”  

 

“You weren’t angry with him?”  

 

“I was upset still with Tabi over your Kiko alright, but when he learns that she was pregnant I was the one he told first.” She stopped for a couple of beats. “I went crazy. We haven’t really told anyone this, but I kind of went berserk. I stabbed him on the shoulder… twice with a barbeque stick.”  

 

“You did what?!”  

 

“Your Kiko wanted to get rid of the baby because Tabi refuses to marry her. Tabi wanted to marry me.” She felt compelled to defend herself.  

 

“So you stabbed him?!”  

 

“I can’t exactly stab your Kiko!” she rolled her eyes. “I just wanted Seunghyun to fight for the baby. It was his. He wasn’t going to lose a child on my account.”  

 

Jiyong remained silent. “You don’t understand do you?” Dara asked a little winded.  

 

“Please stop saying your Kiko. Kiko ain’t mine.”  

 

“We’ll she definitely isn’t mine either. Neither does she belong to Tabi nor Bae and most definitely not Seungri. ”  

 

“So I get her by default?”  

 

“Yes! You are the reason she is back. Like some stupid zit that just won’t go away.” She grabbed him by the face  

 

“You have too much free floating aggression, jagiya.” He tut-tutted.  

 

“You can still return me to Tabi.” She sounded hopeful.  

 

“No. You are mine.” He buried his face on her chest and held her tighter. Dara brushed his hair with her finger slowly detangling those that cover his face.  

 

He took a deep breath. He loves her too much it is almost painful.  

 

“Where were you when Kiko was pregnant?” She asked.  

 

He took a good minute before he replied. “I was in London. I lived there for a good 2 years.”  

 

“You did not even come home to see her? Why didn’t you offer to marry her?”  

 

Jiyong looked at her suspiciously “You will not crucify me later because of this, will you?”  

 

“I just want to know.” Jiyong raised his head to look at her. “ Youngbae and Tabi would have married me had it been me.”  

 

Jiyong frowned at that, “I never wanted to have children. I thought marriage and family wasn’t for me.”  

 

“No way!” she hit his arm with a loud smack. ”Then why am I on the family way?”  

 

He grasps her hand. “Because you are different.”  

 

She narrowed her eyes on him and tried to tug her hand.  

 

“Seriously, jagiya I will never understand the violence.” He rubbed his arms “I want you to lay off it, please. ” Jiyong said.  

 

“I am trying.” She scrunched her nose in distaste. “ I just tend to be more physical.”  

 

“So I’ve noticed.” He smiled a little “So does Dae…he said the scratches on my back are getting noticeable… and my shoulder is a little raw.” He made a face.  

 

She opened to protest but none came to her. “Sorry.” she said instead.  

 

She was embarrassed, and guilty and a little repentant. Jiyong laughed. A soft bubble of laughter that sounded light.  

 

Dara tried to bite him. “You are laughing at me.”  

 

“Of course not.” He snickered.  

 

“Oh yes you are.” She knew he was teasing but she is a little miffed. “Stay away from me.”  

 

“Dara-ya. “He stopped laughing but he was smiling still. “I am not laughing at you. I am lauging because of you. “ Dara frowned.  

 

“It is the same thing.”  

 

“It is not. I am laughing because you make me happy, because you now blush because of me, I am happy because you now carry my baby.” He peppered her with feathery kisses.  

 

“Aisst.” She shoved him once more.  

 

Jiyong stared at her both in amazement and horror “They spoiled you rotten.”  

 

“I am not spoilt.”  

 

“Oh yes you are.” He held her by the chin to level with her.  

 

“No.”  

 

“Then what do you call that?” he tapped her pouting lips and kissed her glaring eyes.  

 

“Throwing a tantrum?” resigned, she replied hiding behind her pillow.  

 

“A tantrum?” he pried the pillow off her. “Like a brat?”  

 

“Like a stinking brat.” She agreed in disgust. She was red all over her face; she wrinkled her nose and stuck out her tongue like a true brat.  

 

“I love you stinking brat.” He playfully ran his tongue up her nose.  

 

“Get off me Kwon! You are disgusting.”  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So for days Dara would wake up with Jiyong comfortably snuggled around her abdomen, talking to his child.  

 

“…Mama will sing to you every day. She has a soft voice, it would still be beautiful.” He snickered. “I like it when she sings to me.”  

 

See reached down to ruffle his hair. “Seriously, Jiyong.”  

 

“Baby, Mama is awake.” He gave her stomach a kiss. “Good morning Jagiya. How are you feeling today?” He moved to face her at eye level.  

 

“Would be better if you get off me, you smell awful.”  

 

“I just took a shower.”  

 

“Still. Off now.” She gave him a shove.  

 

“Do I really stink?” He gave himself a quick sniff and eyed her suspiciously. It wasn’t the first time she complained about his scent and used it as an excuse to distance herself. “Do I need to take another shower?”  

 

“Yes.” She exclaimed. “I bought you a new set of toiletries.” She made a quick dash to her closet.  

 

“Sandara!” Jiyong was right behind her. She was on her toes trying to reach a small bag on one of the upper racks. “I got it.” He pulled it for her.  

 

“Thank you Ja-gi-ya.” She gave him a soft peck on her cheek. She was beaming. “Here.” She arranged an assortment of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, after shave and lotion on a small basket and gave it to him. The label says bitter and sweet orange with green tea.  

 

“You want me to change my scent?!” he was a tad incredulous. He smells perfectly fine. Heavenly in fact, if you ask Sohee and Kiko and a few others, he thought but thought of better.  

 

“Well, you don’t really have to.” Dara loosened her hold on the basket and took a couple of steps back, obviously a little disappointed.  

 

“In the mean time, we can lessen our interaction so the smell doesn’t bother me often.” She left the basket on top of the cabinet. “You can stay here while I go back to Mom’s.”  

 

“Hey, that is not what I meant.”  

 

“Oh I know. But I need to bring the guys their supply. I bought fresh cypress and light incense for Bae, and rice sake for Ri. It should be enough to last them until the end of this pregnancy. “  

 

“And none for Seunghyun?”  

 

“Did I forget to tell you that I love everything about Tabi?” She continued to run through her clothes. “I mean everything…Including his scent.”  

 

“And you want to change mine.”  

 

“As I have said, you don’t have to. Really.” She stopped and pulled a plaid mini-dress. “In the mean time, I am leaving. Bae is waiting for me.”  

 

“Aren’t you going to take a shower?”  

 

“Oh I will. I’ll just use the shower in the guest room…Yours kind of reeks.”  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

 

A/N:  

 

Thank you very much for reading and subscribing!!!!  

 

I wanted to post something to celebrate my first year in AFF! hehehehe This turned out to be more of a transition chapter than anything.Since Dara and Jiyong wasn't too ammenable with what I wanted them to do and opt to lounge around. Such a lazy couple. I hope to churn something more substantial next chapter.  

 

I wish you guys a great Christmas and an awesome New Year!